Adventist Online

Now in modern times all over the world gayness is being considered normal by the scientific communities and the other wisemen of society.

Gayness used to be considered a disease or a sin but that is now changing, but should it? The obvious argument is that they can form committed relationships therefore there is nothing wrong with their choice. There is dishonesty in that claim. Homosexuals can only form committed relationships under one circumstance. They can only survive if society does what it is currently doing. As long as gays do not have to worry about ideas like children needing fathers and mothers or the diseases caused by those acts, they can seem to have a certain level of sanity.

But that is where the problem lies. Gays want so much to be human and this has led to suicides, drug use, murders, atheism, parades and many other acts of debauchery. If gays are forced to accept the reality that the relationship between a child and a mother is a sacred thing and far more worth protecting than the relationship between two random men, this disease will manifest itself.

At this moment in time some gays can survive without drugs or illicit behavior because they are not being inundated with the errors of their ways. Society at large does not promote the family it promotes wealth and sexuality, so a homosexual says, “I can do that, if that’s humanity I’m there!” There is one problem, wealth and sexuality is not the definition of humanity. If a gay person was forced to accept that civilized society has to be built on the human family their emotional disorders would then become apparent. If all homosexuals ever saw were fathers running around with their children and mothers feeding and clothing and hugging, the gay psyche would be utterly destroyed, the gay mind would become disconsolate, but on the upside we could then invite them to church. Amen.

Views: 192

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Homosexuality is as bad as being a drunkard (even taking wine) so the duty of the church is to teach it's members that Christ desires a change in our lives.

There's no soul exposed to the redeeming power of Christ and the merits of His blood that remains the same! Christ is the head of the church, and if one enters His gates the greatest healer, he/she should be willing to surrender self and let God control and NOT defend their sexual orientation or weakness.
It's total surrender!

The problem with people today is defending their weaknesses homosexuality inclusive, that's not what Christ desires, He desires a person ready to surrender themselves such that Christ can remove that heart of stone and impart into them a heart of flesh.

When the lady caught in adultery was brought to Jesus, She didn't defend her weakness, she surrendered herself to the redeeming and forgiving power of Christ and in the end she she was changed, went to Samaria and testified about the messiah and many souls were won to Christ.
If homosexuals continue to defend their cause, that they were born like that and other weak excuses that's not the spirit which the Lord desires and is not pleased at all with that mindset.
The times of ignorance the Lord overlooked, now He is commanding everyone to repent. Acts 17:30

Blessings to All

Joseph
Very Good Posts Gabe. I so much agree with you. Sin is sin. Any sin no matter how small will keep you from Heaven. Those pious pew sitters who think they are so holy ... are worse because they 'think' they are holy when they are not. Just one unconfessed sin will keep you from Heaven. You have to be willing to confess all and give you heart to God. This means that you desire NOT to commit sin ... even though you do.
No, it would be more honest for them to surrender themselves to God then come in.

You say church is a hospital, do you not have to admit your disease or disorder or pain before you enter a hospital?
I agree with what you said Joseph.

People should not defend their weakness, also we should not defend the weaknesses of others.

We should 'confess our faults' and try to strengthen each other.

The main purpose of my original post is to claim that homosexuality is a disease but it is very hard to see this disease when they are being accepted. If you look back the the 70's and 80's in America you can see how gays act when they see the truth, that there is something wrong with them. They levitate to partying, drinking, debauchery, atheism, etc. It was this partying and debauchery and drug use that spread the AIDS virus, it was the gay lifestyle that caused the epidemic, most scientists would admit this.
Then why don't you dedicate your life to speaking out against heterosexual WRONGS. Make a list, and I might even link my gay WRONGS blog (can't post it here) to your straight WRONGS page.

But explain why you feel the need to silence me? Are you working for the devil?
So the Devil wants less gays in the church or God?

Anyone can ask anything, but God is coming back for a spotless church.
No Jesus wants people who can admit they are sinners to come into the church.
Yes Good point Gabe.

Jesus invites ALL who are heavy ladden to come unto Him.
Truth that children need a mother and a father will set the world free. If they can't stomach that truth, they don't belong in church.
Not all are as strong as you Nishaun. What the world needs first is LOVE.
If you may allow me, let me share this with you along with the commentator(s)/ reactor(s) here about this particular issue that we have shared to our non-SDA friends during our week-long Youth Crusade. I know this is one of the pressing social issues that we have to learn and resolve since questions arose in every doubtful minds...Hope this helps...(^_^)

Homosexuality maybe a joke, an issue we debate, or the life-style of some distant acquaintance or relative we don't know very well. For thousands of teenagers, it's their day-to-day reality. They need to figure out how to deal with their feelings and their sexual orientation in a world where both society and the church send conflicting messages about what they should be and do.

WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS

The Bible outlines God's Plan for human relationships: " A man will have his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh" (Genesis 2:24 NIV). One man and one woman for life - that was the ideal God instituted at Creation.

But we're no longer living in the Garden of Eden - we're living in a world of sin, where attitudes, practices, and even people's inborn desires differ greatly from what God originally designed. Do the Boble's standards apply in today's society? They certainly applied in the times - a world in many ways as sinful and confusing as our own, and a time where homosexuality and sexual immortality were common, Jesus said:

"Haven't you read...that at the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female,' and said, 'For this reason a man will leave his Father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh'? So they are no longer two, but one" (Matthew 19:4-6, NIV).

As Seventh-day Adventist Christians, we believe that God's standards do still apply, and that the only sexual relationship acceptable to God is a lifelong commitment between man and woman. That rules out homosexual marriage, just as it rules out casual sex between unmarried people of any gender or heterosexual couples living together outside of marriage.

The Bible makes it clear that homosexuality is not part of God's plan for human sexuality.

"Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God" (1 Corinthians 6:9, 10, NIV).

Speaking of the pagan societies of his day, the apostle Paul writes:

"Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another...Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion...They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; they are senseless, faithless, heartless. ruthless" (Romans 1:24-31, NIV).

Some things should be clear from these texts. Homosexuality is one of the sinful acts of which God disapproves. It is not part of His plan for human happiness. (Some Christian homosexual groups teach that these verses refer only to promiscuous and immoral acts between homosexuals and that a committed marriage between homosexuals is just as pleasing to God as a heterosexual marriage. However, there are no examples in the Bible to support this interpretation).

Something else the Bible makes clear, though, is that homosexual activity is a sin just like any other - no better, no worse. Many Christians treat homosexuality as it it were the very worst sin, something unspeakably disgusting and degrading. In fact, in these two passages, the apostle Paul puts homosexual sex in the same category with "straight" sex outside of marriage, as well as other sins like greed, drunkenness, slander (gossip), deceit (lying), and even disobeying your parents! Remember that in God's eyes, a person involved in a homosexual relationship is no worse a sinner than someone who lies and disobeys his or her parents.

One more thing is clear from God's word: as Christians, we are called to love everyone and treat everyone with respect, no matter what their actions are.

"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy'. But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous" (Matthew 5:43-45, NIV).

Even if we consider someone else to be "unrighteous" or even our "enemy," our duty is clear - to love them and treat them well, just as God Himself does. Any act of "gay bashing", hatred, or cruelty to someone because of their sexual orientation is just as displeasing to God as mistreating someone because of the color of their skin.

WHAT THE CHURCH SAYS

The Seventh-day Adventist Church's official statement on homosexuality states that "sexual intimacy belongs only within the marital relationship of a man and a woman...The Bible makes no accommodation for homosexual activity or relationships. Sexual acts outside the circle of a heterosexual marriage are forbidden...Seventh-day Adventists endeavor to follow the instruction and example of Jesus. He affirmed the dignity of all human beings and reached out compassionately to persons and families suffering the consequences of sin. He offered caring ministry and words of solace to struggling people, while differentiating His love for sinners from His clear teaching about sinful practices." Tendons

WHAT THE WORLD SAYS

Switch on the television and you’ll see Gay Pride Week Parades, gay and lesbian couples on TV sitcoms, and homosexuals visiting schools to make children more aware of “alternative lifestyles”. Yet, at the same time you’ll see news reports of young gay men being beaten and even murdered because of their sexual orientation and conservative Christians protesting that homosexuals shouldn’t be allowed the same legal rights as others in society.

Many gay-rights groups are encouraging society as a whole to accept and approve of homosexuality as an acceptable “alternative lifestyle.” Efforts to do this include educating children through books and public-school curriculum programs which teach that homosexuality is normal and homosexuals should not be discriminated against. In many countries, gay rights groups are also working towards getting same-sex marriages recognized so that homosexual couples will receive the same rights and benefits under the law as do heterosexual couples.

In response to this, many conservative Christians are speaking out against “gay rights” and insisting that homosexuals should not receive any special rights or protection, because they are not living in accordance with God’s plan for marriage. Many Christian groups have become quite vocal about this, and some have been accused of encouraging hatred and even violence against homosexuals.

As a heterosexual Christian, what should your role in this debate be? You may decide that it’s simply none of your business, and that your only biblical calling is to show Christian love acceptance to any gay people you do encounter. If you feel inclined to become more actively involved in society’s debate over the gay rights issue, here are some questions you might want to ask yourself.

• Do I believe it’s my duty as a Christian to change the way non-Christian s in society act?
• Should our governments have laws that support Christian beliefs and values?
• If homosexual couples deserve fewer legal rights because they’re not obeying God’s law, should those rights also be taken away from straight couples who are living together without being married?
• It is appropriate for school-children to learn to be tolerant and accepting of everyone, regardless of their differences?
• Is it appropriate for school-children to learn that life-styles other than God’s biblical plan for marriage are acceptable?

WHAT CAN I DO?

As the discussion questions on the previous page(s) clearly shows, this is a tough issue even for straight youth to deal with, and decide about. One thing is clear: there is no room in the Christian’s life for hatred against any group of people, or for treating people badly because of their life-style. “Gay-bashing” is totally unacceptable to the follower of Jesus. We are called to treat everyone with love and respect.

IT’S MY PROBLEM

Perhaps you are reading this brochure because the issue of homosexuality is of personal concern for you. You may feel attracted people of the same sex and wonder if this makes you gay or lesbian. Or you may have a close friend or family member who is gay and wonder how you can help this person.

Here are a few key ideas for you to think about:

• Feeling attracted to people of the same sex does not necessarily mean you are a homosexual. Adolescence is a confusing and complex time, when young people are awakening to their sexual identity. It is not unusual for teenagers to experience some feelings of attraction to people of the same sex, such as a “crush” on a same-sex friend or teacher, dreams about being attracted to someone of the same sex, or curiosity about what it would belike to have sex with someone of the same sex. These occasional feelings and questions do not mean that you have a homosexual orientation.

Young people who have been victims of sexual abuse are likely to have particularly confused and conflicting feelings about their growing sexuality and should see a professional counselor to help them deal with these issues.

While the fact that you are sometimes attracted to or curious about people of the same sex does not mean you are gay or lesbian, if you consistently feel attracted only to people of the same sex and have little or no interest in the opposite sex, then some of the points below may be of interest to you.

• Can homosexuals change their orientation? Some Christian ministries, such as Exodus International, teach that homosexuals can change their orientation through the grace of God, just as Christians can overcome any other sin through God’s power. Many people have shared glowing testimonies of their experience as “former homosexuals.”

Others, however, have had very disappointing experiences with “change ministries” and have returned to being practicing homosexuals. Most psychologists and doctors believe it is not possible to truly change a person’s sexual orientation. People can, of course, change their behavior, but most experts think that a person’s basic orientation will always stay the same.

• Is my orientation a sin? Sin is what you do, not who you are. While the Bible condemns homosexual activity, it does not say that it is wrong to be attracted to someone. In Matthew 5:28 Jesus condemns lust between a man and a woman, but this does not mean it is a sin to be attracted to someone else – only to entertain lustful sexual fantasies about that person. If you are strongly and consistently attracted to people of the same sex, your homosexual orientation is a part of who you are. What you do about it is a choice you make.

• Isn’t God being unfair to gay people? If homosexual orientation is something you can’t help, why should God say that it’s sinful to act on your attractions? This may seem harsh, but in this sinful world, we human beings are born with all kinds of tendencies to do things that are not part of God’s plan. Heterosexual people are born with strong sexual urges, too, which cannot be fulfilled unless that person is in a committed marriage relationship. Children born to alcoholic and drug-addicted parents may have an inborn tendency to become addicts themselves. We are all born with natural desires that could lead us to sin, but our desires don’t have to lead to sin if we choose to follow God’s plan.

• Singleness is a positive choice. Our society is so focused on romantic love and relationships that we sometimes forget that being single is a positive, healthy life-style – no matter what a person’s sexual orientation. Choosing to live as a single person and not engaging in sex (this is called “celibacy”) is not repressed or twisted. This is how Jesus lived. This is how the apostle Paul lived. He wrote to the church in Corinth:

“It is good for a man not to marry….Now to the unmarried and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I am….An unmarried man is concerned about the Lord’s affairs – how he can please the Lord. But a married man is concerned about the affairs of this world – how he can please his wife – and his interests are divided. An unmarried woman or virgin is concerned about the Lord’s affairs: Her aim is to be devoted to the Lord in both body and spirit. But a married woman is concerned about the affairs of this world - - how she can please her husband. I am saying this for your own good, not to restrict you, but that you may live in a right way in undivided devotion to the Lord” (1 Corinthians 7:1,8,32-35, NIV).

• Help is available. If you are struggling with the possibly that you may be homosexual, please find someone to talk to – someone who will help, not judge or condemn. Ask a pastor, teacher or other mature Christian you trust to help you find a Christian counselor who will have experience in dealing with this issue and will be able to help you make choices.
When you say 'other than God's plan for marriage' are you implying that you believe that there is more science behind homosexuality than there is behind male female parenting?

SEE THIS IS WHY I WRITE THESE POSTS COME ON, TELL ME YOU KNOW THAT MEN ARE DIFFERENT THAN WOMEN AND CHILDREN REACT DIFFERENTLY TO THEIR MOTHER OR FATHER.

Admiting that homosexuality is a disease that does not work in an honest world is not bashing, it is truth.

My gay WRONGS post was way better than your brochure, it gives many arguments to use against gay theology. I am always surprised when even Christians think the Bible is the only reason why gay is bad. I can't post it here cause I'll get banned. It is on my website.

As I always say the Bible says "Judge not" it does not say 'truth not.'

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by