Adventist Online

How do you view the third sex group in relation with salvation and other religious matters. Do they matter?

Views: 5903

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sarah

While I understand your concern, here is what the Bible says.

"Therefore do not pray for this people, or lift up a cry or prayer on their behalf, for I will not listen when they call to me in the time of their trouble.  [15] What right has my beloved in my house, when she has done many vile deeds? Can even sacrificial flesh avert your doom? Can you then exult?"  Jeremiah 11:14-15 (ESV) 

There are other similar bits of admonition in both the Old and New Testament.  When someone chooses to go contrary to even what nature teaches, I know of no place in the Bible where we are adomonished to pray for them. 

For such are not only defying nature, they are defying the God of nature. 

Maranatha :)
Ray

I think it applies to all of us.

Come to think of it I remember one of sister Whites letters where she told a man that God had instructed not to pray for him at the moment, because he was bent on continuing in his addiction to masturbation..

@Melissa

I am not talking about those that make it a. Mystery I'm talking about those that are open about the fact that they are not willing to try and overcome it... Of course one should not make assumptions.....

Melissa

If what I said came across in that manner, then I stand corrected.  However, I do not recall saying that we are not to pray for people involved in sexual sins.  In fact, they need our prayers more then any one else.  What I was speaking of was that when someone gets involved in any sin, sexual or otherwise, and starts promoting it and advocating it and defending it.  Then they become so involved in that sin/rebellion, that God gives up on them and He wants us to also.  This is the point I was making and the point that I believe that the Bible is making too..

Maranatha :)
Ray

While there is some truth in what you are saying I think you need to remember brother that one sin is just as bad as another... Their sin is no better or worse than yours or mine, just because it comes in a different form...

I think where the sin issue comes in with homosexuals it the same place it comes in to play with the rest of us..

We all have an inclination more toward one sin than another.. for some it is lust, for some its greed...etc... the problem comes in when we give in to temptation, and our sinful flesh.. lingering on these thoughts, and at times acting on them.. The people them selves are not any more evil than you or I, just like us God loves them even if He doesn't like / condone their actions... It is our responsibility to lovingly and gently reach these men and women for Christ as we would any other.. Without Christ in their lives they like us are slaves in their sin, but with His help they can overcome this wicked condition, just the same as He calls the heterosexual community to overcome our own attendances toward sin..

Hi Kristina

What you are saying is truth. Bub sin most be call by it name!

Benicio

"The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole"

Do not bother about other peoples opinions.. you have the company of EGW rather than those who dilute it..

DM

I have read that quote and believe every word. :0)

I think the big problem here is that people don't seem to understand the difference between judgment / condemnation, and discernment...

Each one of us is a sinner that deserves Death.

Homosexuals are just sinners saved by Grace. (the same boat I am in)

We are all equal in need of the Grace of God. But those who would condemn any group of sinners need a lot more grace the way I see it.

I would rather see homosexuals in the church that gossipers or those who would condemn others.

I think the real question (since we are all in agreement on the fact that their sin is no worse than our own) is should homosexuals who are actively persuing the lifestyle, or trying to justify it be baptized of hold and office in the church.. I would have to say no on that one..

None of us are to presume on God's grace, but He will pick us up if we stumble and fall...

I wouldn't think that anyone prepared to operate on presumption should be baptized or hold a church office regardless of what their pet sin is..

Kristina. I appreciate your sincerity but in order to answer your question:

"should homosexuals who are actively persuing the lifestyle, or trying to justify it be baptized of hold and office in the church."

Perhaps first we should define what it means to be baptized. If in order to be baptized one has to fully understand ALL Truth  -  then you would be correct with your belief. But if after baptism we are to continue to grow - then being that one sin is no different than another - then there should be no problem in baptizing active practicing homosexuals.

I myself although having been an SDA for over a half century - I continue to practice sin. I continue to repeat sins that I fully well know I need victory over. And I am sure there are some interpretations of scripture that I have wrong. I may not know about all sins. I remain ignorant of some Truths I am sure.

So again I would ask - why treat homosexuals differently than myself? I am no different than homosexuals yet I am an ordained elder in the church. Why shouldn't they have the same responsibilities?

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2018   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service