Adventist Online

The theory of gender equality in African churches is a matter of serious controversy. One the one and, some church members oppose it and question the real origin of the theory, whether it is of freemasonery or a real Christian issue. They confront the countries where these theories are highly valued with their increasing divorce rates and question the meaning of passages such as;

- Wives, in the same way be submissive to your husbands (1 Peter 3:1)

- Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord. (Colossians 3:18)

- Wives, in the same way be submissive to your husbands ... like Sarah, who obeyed Abraham and called him her master. (1 Peter 3:1-6)

On the other hand, the new arising fashion is Africa demands that women cease to submit themselves to their husbands, since sexes must be viewed as equal. The people begin to question what roles must be accredited to women and which roles are for their husbands or if they should have the very same roles. They refer to the fact that, gender equality is no more a problem in Britain, France or elsewhere in Europe on the social level. They combat discrimination and require equal roles for husband and wife. Thus, they think that Africa must follow.

Meanwhile, Bible students still need to go further in comprehending the will of God in the light of the Bible.

Views: 2463

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Psalms 138:2

2 I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.

Malachi 3:6

6For I am the LORD, I change not.....

The issue was not even worth voting over because the word of God (and SOP) is explicit on the matter. The day that the GC will vote otherwise will indicate certainly the withdrawal of God's Spirit in Adventist administration!!

The Holy Spirit '...shall not speak of himself....' (John 16:13) - He will always speak according to the bible! 

This sickening voting over this matter has been repeated several times and God's been giving the same answer, but stiff-necked leaders keep bringing it up for voting - yet the answer has been given explicitly!!! God will never change!! If the outcome of such an exercise changes later, it will clearly indicate the evil one taking over the reigns! And I can assure you that once the feminists get what they want, they'll make sure the issue will never again be brought up for voting!!!!

You don't seem to realise the effect of what you're pushing for! You'll open floodgates of blatant disregard of biblical instructions, by your horrible example of cherry-picking scriptures according to your preferences! 

The next thing you'll push for homosexuals to hold administrative positions in church because you believe the Holy Spirit changes '...when the time is ripe...' for such disgusting unbiblical changes .... and the chain reaction will continue to degrade the church of God, transforming it to suit contemporary politics!

Sola Scriptura!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Amen Daniel

As you say the matter should not have been taken before the GC Session as it was voted down 2 times before it now makes it 3. And if you look to the NAD you will see why it was taken before the Session again. The was doing everything that was in their power to influence the vote including bribery. At the same time there was added Rainbow colours to the logo to make LGBT people feel more at home. So we can clearly see Satan has a great influence on the leadership. Not to mention the SPD where I am from.  

How many times was the acceptance of uncircumcised among church members voted down during the early church ?  Just because something is voted does not mean it should never be considered again. 

Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing. Keeping God's commandments is what matters. 1 Corinthians 7:19

This is one of the earliest letters in the new testament

Exactly. Paul had to remind the church then that there insistant focus on circumcision was futile. The same like todays insistant focus on male only headship and ordination. Why not get rid of it all together. There is little to no Biblical support for it and just move on. 

Ray - " I disagree that the "curse" you are talking about is the same as male headship."

Below is Gen ch 3. If you read vs 16 you will see very clearly that male headship was announced as part of a curse from God.

14 The Lord God said to the serpent,

“Because you have done this,

cursed are you above all livestock

and above all beasts of the field;

on your belly you shall go,

and dust you shall eat

all the days of your life.

15 I will put enmity between you and the woman,

and between your offspring[e]and her offspring;

he shall bruise your head,

and you shall bruise his heel.”

16 To the woman he said,

“I will surely multiply your pain in childbearing;

in pain you shall bring forth children.

Your desire shall be for[f] your husband,

and he shall rule over you.”

Don't confuse a curse with a command. A command from God must be obeyed. A curse is different God does not require us to "obey"  or live up to the limits or boundaries of a curse. A curse is more of a consequence.

ZJ you have a good argument the Trouble is you skip one text in the Bible that sheds a bit more light on the Subject 

1Ti 2:9 In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; 10 But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works. 11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. 12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. 13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. 15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety. (KJV)

Eve was created for Adam not Adam for Eve. Eve was created to be a helpmate for Adam not Adam to be a slave to Eve, as we see nowadays. The text say that the woman will be saved in childbearing, not in ruling over the man or the church. The Women's Lib will not rest until they have total control over the church. Tell me where in the Bible it says that the man shall serve the Woman as her slave.

Equality does not allow the woman to rule over the man. Instead equality means husband and wife consensually ruling over the home.

In your dreams ZJ it may be so. But look around and you will see that reality is not like that. 

ZJOutback, just as it is impossible for two drivers to drive the same car at the same time, so it is not possible for two to rule the home. Just as there is a CEO for a company, a commander for an army, a chef for catering team etc so God ordained men to lead homes. 

And just as the CEO works together with subordinate managers to formulate the strategy for a company's progress, the commander works with his subordinates to make strategies for battles, etc so God ordained wives to support their husbands' headship .... not to squabble with their husbands for headship as they do today. The husband is the head, the wife is his helper - not his equal.  

Daniel I know of many successful homes run  consensually.  Male headship is not God's ideal.for home management.  As stated in  Genesis 1 & 2.  there is no male headship.

In the following text of Genesis ch 1, God creates and sets the order for the home. You will not find anything on male headship in these texts

26 Then God said, “Let us make man[h] in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

27 So God created man in his own image,

in the image of God he created him;

male and female he created them.

28 And God blessed them. And God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it, and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.” 29 And God said, “Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit. You shall have them for food.

It is only after the fall in Genesis 3  when  God tells the woman " Your desire will be for your husband and he will rule over you. "

Male headship is not God's ideal for home governance.

Isaiah 3:12

12 As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths.

ZJOutback, we are not in paradise yet .... that's why we still die.....

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2021   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service