Adventist Online

December 11, 2009 by yahstruthseeker

http://yahstruthseeker.wordpress.com/2009/12/11/germanys-mandatory-...

Source: The Trumpet.com

Coincident with the enacting of the Lisbon Treaty/EU constitution on December 1, Germany’s Constitutional Court has ruled that the nation’s capital must, like the rest of the country, abide by the law instituting Sunday as a day “of rest from work and of spiritual improvement” (Deutsche Welle, December 1).

Since the war, Berlin had enacted its own legislation allowing 10 shopping Sundays per year. That local ruling is now quashed. Effective from Jan. 1, 2010, Berlin must fall into line with the law institutionalizing Sunday as a day of rest and religious contemplation as contained in Germany’s Basic Law.

The actual law establishing Sunday as Germany’s weekly day of worship is enshrined in an appendix to the Basic Law under the heading, “Extracts From the German Constitution of Aug. 11, 1919 [Weimar Constitution].” There we find, under the subhead “Religion and Religious Societies,” Article 139, which reads: “Sunday and holidays recognized by the state shall remain protected by law as days of rest from work and of spiritual improvement.”

Though, under that same section, Article 137 (1) states “There shall be no state church,” the effect of the Sunday law is to institutionalize Roman Catholicism and its daughter churches as Germany’s state religion.

Those aware of the history of the Holy Roman Empire of the German Nation will see this move by Germany’s highest court as one step further toward enforcing Rome’s religion, not only as the state religion on Germany, but on the whole European empire enacted by treaty on this infamous day, Dec. 1, 2009.

"" The Prophecies of Revelation 13 leap into current-day perspective with this latest ruling of Germany’s Constitutional Court ""
TO READ ABOUT REV 13 prophecies entitled Who or What is the Prophetic Beast

MORE INFO ON GERMANY`s SUNDAY LAW

We are to be Prepared for the Things that are to Occur Around the WORLD.....................

Views: 507

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow. This sure seems popular to keep posting .

In reality it just protects freedom of religion. This is a good law.
There are many religions, including Christian religions that do NOT worship on Sunday. Did the Bible ever say worship on any day? no! He was quite specific from Old to New Testament, not by just calling it Sabbath but qualifying what dy of the wk it is.

It is a good law, that will open way for exclusion, discrimination and eventually persecution of Sabbath worshippers.
"hyping up over non-issues is typical cult behavior. hi, to all chickenlittle's.
....soberly reporting facts is dignity of a balanced mind. hi, to all walter cronkites clones."

Well stated Joan. This is really reaching. They are trying to find trouble and controversy when there is none. This is actually a good law. It is good for us as SDAs and good for all. Our religious freedom is being protected praise God. But in the end times ... people are going to be confused.

The greatest danger of this that I see is that it gets people all stirred up and gets them to focus on end time events and theories and controversies ... INSTEAD of the Gospel and the love of Jesus. It would be well in these the last days ... to spend a thoughtful hour each day on the life of Christ ... not the life of conspiracy theories.
Some here have a larger imagination that I was aware of.
Wow, answers like this remind me of " That this is a rebellious people, lying children, children that will not hear the law of the LORD: Which say to the seers, See not; and to the prophets, Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits:"

I'm not at all suggesting you're trying to teach lies.. but the underlined part is what I'm reminded of.

Of course postings like this is news to be aware of. You can't go walking around clueless as to whats happening and fulfilling, right? End up getting caught off guard by events n all that way.

In the end, I feel a balance of what you said (the Gospel and the love of Jesus) and current events fitting into prophecy is a good thing and should not in the least be belittled.

My 2 cents.

:)
"In the end, I feel a balance of what you said (the Gospel and the love of Jesus) and current events fitting into prophecy is a good thing and should not in the least be belittled."

Well ... that's an improvement anyways.

Some may be able to walk around 'clueless' and some may not. I am one that would not mind walkin' around 'clueless'. It simply does not matter to me if this is the end time or not. I have to be and I am ready for Him to come at this very moment. This is the danger of conspiracy theories and prophecies. For one they are usually wrong. For another ... they just get people off focus from the Gospel and the need to be ready NOW and not at some future date. People end up getting their eyes of of Jesus. And instead on to end time theories and prophecies. Dangerous.

So ... I am happy to get my focus off of end time happenings and fulfillings and prophecies ... for I want to be ready NOW and have my focus on Jesus and HIS Truth.
so whats that truth then
It's all about the Gospel man. The Gospel.
Improvement I don't mind, compromise with the ways of the world, I do.

I can say I agree on the being ready now. 2moro may not be for some people, now is a good time, well... the best time. Being ready now is the best idea.

Of course, continuing to study and learn about what we believe is a must. Won't there be a time where we are before kings and legislations? Standing alone? Some may be ridiculed, for being "clueless", while others will stand tall and answer with confidence as they searched and studied.

I'm not a fan of conspiracy theories. I think its good to be aware of what is going on, and what may be, though becoming absorbed into it would be something else. Absorbed... aware.... 2 different things to me.

Prophecies, yeah, those I def pay much attention to :) Well, the ones in the Bible and should I read any from EGW of course. Nostrodamus or however you spell that name etc, yeah, I really don't care.
God said: If u Love Me, keep my commandment.
so f u loved d Lord u must obey her Comandments.
www.adventistworld.org
Effort is important, but knowing where to make an effort in your life,
makes all the difference.
"If a drop of water falls on a lake, there is no identity.
But if it falls on a leaf of lotus, it shines like a pearl.
So choose the best place where you would truly shine"..
Godbless to all
"truly dangerous Sunday laws for Sabbatarians will first take place in USA before they are then enacted in Europe" Amen sister.

The Son of Man Coming is related to the Noah day. As in Noah days, 120 years probation was given for the world. So if that would mean apply to us, that 1888 (US 1st Sunday Law and AT Jones) + 120 yrs probation = 2008. Something happen this year: Worldwide Economy almost collapse, and Pushing of Sunday law secretly, approved in Europe, now mandatory Sunday Law in Germany.

What does Germany symbolize? It was when Martin Luther started the Protestant Reformation. And within a short time, Protestant went worldwide. Same idea, Mandatory Sunday Law in Germany started Jan 2010, it will soon spread worldwide (i.e. WW1, WW2). Soon it will be enforced in the US and then enforcement with punishment will start at US.

Praise God for His mercy.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by