Adventist Online

How can We Expect to Reign With Christ For 1000 Years, If We Don’t Understand the Nature Of The Godhead?

Trinity is Satan’s description of God, he is not called the great dragon …which deceives the whole world for no reason; this is a title that God gave him. If he can deceive us about God, then he can deceive us about our future with God. If Satan can deceive us to worship God as a trinity, he then can deceive us into worshipping him, he’s the god of the trinity. God’s cry is through the angel flying in the midst of heaven, Worship him who made the heavens, the earth, the sea and the springs of water.

Revelation 20:6 says, Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Through His revelation, the Eternal Father once again gives us a detail view of the Godhead. He that hath part in the first resurrection… shall be priests of God and of Christ. Let’s be truthful, nowhere is the Holy Spirit mentioned as being part of the Godhead; why?

Up until this point in God’s plan, the Godhead has only consisted of 2 God being; the same two beings that John spoke of as in the beginning (John1:1). The same God beings acknowledged by the apostles when addressing the church (the Word and God, God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ, and here in Revelation 20:4-6, we see the family of God; God and Christ.)

Those of the first resurrection are called Bless; they are about to join the God family. This is something that Satan could never do, he could not become a member of the God family. But what if he could deceive the human beings concerning their potential? if the Godhead was a trinity and not a family, there would be no room for you in the family of God.

But those of the first resurrection shall reign with Christ. Some versions use the term rule, this word means to be king. When Christ reign He shall be King of kings, and those who reign with Him shall be His kings. They will have all the authority to rule just as Christ, for they shall to be king with Him. They shall also be priests of God and of Christ. (Praise God!)

A priest is one who minister the law, a minister teaches the law and the way of God. These human being who are now in the God family, will be rule as kings with Christ, and teach and minister to law of God.

Now it will come about that In the last days [are we living in the last days?] The mountain of the house of the LORD Will be established as the chief of the mountains, And will be raised above the hills; And all the nations will stream to it.

Many peoples will come and say, "Come, let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the temple of the God of Jacob. He will teach us his ways, so that we may walk in his paths." The law will go out from Zion, the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.

We know that when Christ reigns, He will have kings and priests ruling with Him to teach the nations His way, so they may walk in His path. ONLY THE GOD FAMILY WILL BE AUTHORIZED TO DO THIS!

Views: 1793

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Brother Gene are you suggesting that the Holy Spirit is not divine, or not part of the Godhead because He was not included in 1 Corinthains 8:6? 

Secondly what makes a being God? What attributes gives one Deity status? 

…yet for us there is one God, the Father. All things are from Him, and we exist for Him. And there is one Lord, Jesus Christ. All things are through Him, and we exist through Him. 1 Corinthians 8:6 

Jason,

I'm suggesting the Holy Spirit is the divine presence and power of God, not a third God Being but God projecting Himself into humanity.

But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you. (Romans 8:11) 

so can that Holy Spirit be doing something like visiting the universe while the Father doing something else? In other words does God the Father cease to be Supreme when He sends His Spirit? Is He able to function properly without His Spirit in Him? 

Or are you saying that His Spirit is like His personal messenger? Was His Spirit created like the angels? Where does this Spirit dwells when It returns to Him? 

What able Jesus, does He share this Spirit with the Father? What if the Father sends His Spirit on a mission and Christ also need to send the Spirit on a Different Mission, how is this mission accomplished? Or are you saying that Christ has His own Spirit? Are there Two beings and two Spirits? 

Does this Spirit has a personality? or is it a power like the 'soul' of man? 

Do you believe humans have 'souls' which is immortal? 

Is God the Father still functional when his ' divine presence and power' is somewhere else? Can God be in heaven and His Spirit elsewhere? 

These are just a few questions I have for you 

Gene, I just noticed this response... so here is a late reply:

You say, "the Holy Spirit is the divine presence and power of God, not a third God Being but God projecting Himself into humanity."

But we are not looking at one, two or three Gods. The scriptures are clear that the Lord God is One. What does God project into humanity? Something less than God? If the Spirit comes from God then it (He) must be God. In the same way that Christ Jesus, coming from God, is God.

In regard to John chapter 1. The theme of that chapter is Christ being the Word of God not a definition of God. You do not need to see all three persons as the topic is about establishing Christ's heritage not about describing how God reveals Himself to us. It would be better to go back to Genesis chapter 1: there we are told that the Spirit was present and played a part in creation and is therefore part of the "We/Us" God that created us.

You are on the right track Gene. Since the acceptance or rather originally forced doctrine of the trinity was acquired, man has misunderstood God, the working of the holy spirit, and who Jesus Christ is, the only begotten of the Father. 

Is is any wonder that seldom is seen the "power and working of the holy spirit." If doctrine and practice is correct, then you will tend to see the power of God manifested. Christianity is steeped in paganism, including SDA due to the trinity, and witchcraft has been in the churches of Christianity for some time now, and the church has made friends with the world, just look at 501(c)(3) IRS churches, including the SDA? Would Jesus be a 501(c)(3) with its restrictions and anti-christ and anti-biblical ideas.

Check out @ the IRS what a 501(c)(3) cannot do and must do.

Hi Jamesb2 thanks you; but let me ask, how many do you see in John 1: 1-2?

1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was in the beginning with God.

Or  in Matthew 22:44?

43He said to them, "Then how does David in the Spirit call Him 'Lord,' saying, 44'THE LORD SAID TO MY LORD, "SIT AT MY RIGHT HAND, UNTIL I PUT YOUR ENEMIES BENEATH YOUR FEET "'? 45"If David then calls Him 'Lord,' how is He his son?"…

Or in Revelation 20:6?

Blessed and holy is the one who has a part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with Him for a thousand years.

Or in Revelation 21:22 – 23?

22I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. 23The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp.

I believe in the Holy Spirit, but the bible never presents him as a third God person, we do that or should I say religion does that.

I figure that accounts for His mystery. No doubt He has a distinct work to do, that is teaching and sealing.

Hi Bobby, you said

“I figure that accounts for His mystery.”

It’s somewhat amazing how everyone comes to the same conclusion, it a mystery. Thank God  Peter didn’t see it as such

32“God has resurrected this Jesus. We are all witnesses of this. 33Therefore, since He has been exalted to the right hand of God and has received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit, He has poured out what you both see and hear.

37When they heard this, they came under deep conviction and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles: “Brothers, what must we do?

38“Repent,” Peter said to them, “and be baptized, each of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39For the promise is for you and for your children, and for all who are far off, as many as the Lord our God will call.

It wasn’t a mystery Peter and the other apostles, they understood clearly. It only becomes a mystery in our efforts to make it what it is not, and therefore it becomes difficult to express the clear word of God.  

Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. 1 Corinthians 2:12

Man's word: "I believe in the Holy Spirit, but the bible never presents him as a third God person, we do that or should I say religion does that."

God's word: 

Act 5:3-4 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land? (4) Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

Well, Gene look at it this way. The Spirit of God bears the same title "God", yet functions differently from both the Son, and the Father. Trinity like the word Millennium has been utilized to reflect the distinctness, and individuality of God manifested in 3. This speaks to the unity of 3 in 1.....

I have no issue with the use of the word "Trinity" although some argue its origin is with the Catholics. As long as we understand what the word is connoting its fine with me.

Spot on Bobby, well said....

Joh 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
 18 ¶ I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

Another comforter implies Jesus would send a personal Being like Himself to live inside believers, He makes a poetic parallel, I will come unto you,...thus the Spirit of truth is a simile of Jesus in person....or in function....

Some question if this is an omnipresent form of Jesus as another comforter? As Gene does I suspect....

Joh 3:4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

Was Jesus speaking literally ? Or was Nicodemus thick in the head ? Jesus was speaking literally....so the question is how does one enter the womb a second time to be born again? People always get confused with poetry Bible symbols, the symbols are literal, but they always point to other literals they represent....

If Christians are similes of trees, they does not mean we are trees, but that we function as trees....

If God is light, that does not mean God is a photon, but that God functions like light does....

So if the Second Birth is spiritual, and invisible or not literal, than one could suppose the Spirit is also invisible and not real too. But if the second birth is literal and real, than this suggests the Spirit is literal and real also.

Jesus says here the spirit is like wind, meanings it functions as a medium....

So is the second birth literal and real ? or spiritual and virtual ?

One question first, was the creation of animals by Jesus and other members of the Godhead, literal and real, or spiritual and virtual ? Most people would say calling animals into existence from nowhere to somewhere makes them real ...OK....

Well this is the only text in Scripture describing the second birth experience....

Ps 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God "elohiym"; and renew a right spirit within me.
 11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.

First note the creation process involves all the members of the Godhead, "elohiym" as did creation of animals..

But the member of the Godhead specially causing this second birth is the Holy Spirit. and it named that way in the OT.

The heart is recreated daily by the Holy Spirit a process called quickening, is as literal and real as Jesus creating animals in Creation week....

2Co 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

This promise here is not that you become BRAND NEW during the second birth, but renewed...this means the recreation of your character is real, literal but SLOW and daily...but why is it slow and daily ? Because If the Holy Spirit was to wipe out the weeds in your character the wheat of your character would be uprooted also, so they both grow together for a while, and the propensities of your carnal sinning is removed slowly until your reach a perfection garden where no guile is found in your mouth while you are living....

Ellen White speaks of the finishing touches of immortality at the second coming, telling us the literal work of recreating your character by the Holy Spirit is indeed as real as the character changes of animals made in Creation Week.

So if the comforter is recreating a real character change in you, than the Being doing  this recreation daily, is real as well, and identified as the Holy Spirit, the other comforter Jesus spoke of....

Hope this helps

SHalom

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com