Adventist Online

How can We Expect to Reign With Christ For 1000 Years, If We Don’t Understand the Nature Of The Godhead?

Trinity is Satan’s description of God, he is not called the great dragon …which deceives the whole world for no reason; this is a title that God gave him. If he can deceive us about God, then he can deceive us about our future with God. If Satan can deceive us to worship God as a trinity, he then can deceive us into worshipping him, he’s the god of the trinity. God’s cry is through the angel flying in the midst of heaven, Worship him who made the heavens, the earth, the sea and the springs of water.

Revelation 20:6 says, Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Through His revelation, the Eternal Father once again gives us a detail view of the Godhead. He that hath part in the first resurrection… shall be priests of God and of Christ. Let’s be truthful, nowhere is the Holy Spirit mentioned as being part of the Godhead; why?

Up until this point in God’s plan, the Godhead has only consisted of 2 God being; the same two beings that John spoke of as in the beginning (John1:1). The same God beings acknowledged by the apostles when addressing the church (the Word and God, God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ, and here in Revelation 20:4-6, we see the family of God; God and Christ.)

Those of the first resurrection are called Bless; they are about to join the God family. This is something that Satan could never do, he could not become a member of the God family. But what if he could deceive the human beings concerning their potential? if the Godhead was a trinity and not a family, there would be no room for you in the family of God.

But those of the first resurrection shall reign with Christ. Some versions use the term rule, this word means to be king. When Christ reign He shall be King of kings, and those who reign with Him shall be His kings. They will have all the authority to rule just as Christ, for they shall to be king with Him. They shall also be priests of God and of Christ. (Praise God!)

A priest is one who minister the law, a minister teaches the law and the way of God. These human being who are now in the God family, will be rule as kings with Christ, and teach and minister to law of God.

Now it will come about that In the last days [are we living in the last days?] The mountain of the house of the LORD Will be established as the chief of the mountains, And will be raised above the hills; And all the nations will stream to it.

Many peoples will come and say, "Come, let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the temple of the God of Jacob. He will teach us his ways, so that we may walk in his paths." The law will go out from Zion, the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.

We know that when Christ reigns, He will have kings and priests ruling with Him to teach the nations His way, so they may walk in His path. ONLY THE GOD FAMILY WILL BE AUTHORIZED TO DO THIS!

Views: 1798

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I like the Bible more!

Then the discussion is sadly pointless (:

I would think you are correct James because I have noticed Gene ignoring Bible texts as well.

Ian, are you speaking of Acts 5:3? 

In Hebrews chapter 13, it tells us that God equips us with everything good for doing his will. Ananias was equipped with everything to do God's will; how was he, and how are we equipped? We are equipped by the active, intelligent power of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is the source of power that God uses in the world and in the lives of all believers of Christ.  

And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high. (Luke 24:49)  

The promise of the Father is what Joel spoke of  

And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:  

In Acts 2:32-33 Peter said: This Jesus God raised up again, to which we are all witnesses. Therefore having been exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He has poured forth this which you both see and hear.  

Act 10:5 says, Peter were astonished that the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out even on Gentiles. 

By bible definition we can say, the promise of the Father is the gift of the Holy Spirit which equips the believer with power from on high to do the will of God.  

The text you presented tells me, Ananias being equipped with the power of God (the Holy Spirit) to do the will of God did not. He lied to God because he denied the power of God (the Holy Spirit) that was in him to do God's will, and thereby he lied to God.  

Now the God of peace, who brought up from the dead the great Shepherd of the sheep through the blood of the eternal covenant, even Jesus our Lord, equip you in every good thing to do His will, working in us that which is pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be the glory forever and ever. Amen. Hebrews 13:20-21 

God's own Holy power, the Holy Spirit, His Holy presence is working in us that which is pleasing in His sight... 

Ephesians 3:20 says, Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us.  

Philippians 2:13 says, for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure.  

So, the Holy Spirit is not

a third God person; it is God's very presence and power projected in us. 

God's Holy Spirit is God’s active power in us. Strong describes God's power as dýnamis, it’s where we get the word dynamic. "For the believer, its power to achieve by applying the Lord's inherent abilities."  

It is God in us.

I'm sure you will accuse me of twisting the scriptures, but for me its very clear. 

It’s not another God person, but it is the manifestation of the Father, it’s the promise of the Father. 

Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. (John 14:23) 

"We" the Father and the Word; God communicates with us on a spiritual plane, and that's where He meets us. 

God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth. 

The spirit in man is how God Communicates with us; He downloads His into the spirit in you. 

Job 32:8 says, there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding. 

The Spirit of God bares witness with our human spirit and activate it with the power of God by applying the Lord's inherent abilities, equipping in every good thing to do His will, working in us

Wow Gene what are you trying to do drown out Gods word with other words of God. I notice not any did address Acts 5:3-4. Its a shame you do not like SP because there we could have this settled long ago. 

How can you drown out the word of with the word of God?  That makes absolutely no sense. Only the word of God can define to word of God, not the word of people. I thought I addressed Acts 5:3-4 quite clearly.

But Peter said, "Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and to keep back some of the price of the land? "While it remained unsold, did it not remain your own? And after it was sold, was it not under your control? Why is it that you have conceived this deed in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God.

The Holy Spirit is God in you

…for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure.  Philippians 2:13

It’s not another God person (because there’s only two), it’s God Holy presence, manifested through the power of His Spirit which is the promise, God the Father promised to send.

There’s only two God person:

Jesus answered and said unto him, if a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. (John 14:23)

The Godhead does this through the manifestation of the divine power in you, and Ananias lied to God.

For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. 1 John 5:7

"But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come. JOHN 16:13

Is not the HS called He?  Can the HS speak on his own? 

Jason asked, Is not the HS called He? This is true, but some suggest this is a matter of translation.  

In Greek both masculine and neuter words are used in reference to the Holy Spirit. The word translated "Helper," "Comforter" or "Counselor" in John 14, 15 and 16 is parakletos, which a masculine word, and thus is referred to by the pronouns "he," "him," "his" and "himself" in those chapters.

Because of the masculine gender of the word parakletos in Greek this is correct, but  becomes misleading when translated word for word into English.

The word pneuma, usually translated "spirit" "wind" and "breath," is a grammatically neuter word and in Greek is referred to by such neuter terms as "it," "its" or "itself."

When the King James Version was translated, The translators of that version almost always changed the pronouns when referring to the Holy Spirit ( pneuma ) to "he," "his" and "himself" from the original Greek pronouns "it," "its" and "itself" (see John:16:13-14; Romans:8:26).

In a few passages the King James Version handles these pronouns as they should have been translated. Romans 8:16, for example, reads: "The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God."

Some other places in the KJV where pneuma is correctly referred to by the neuter terms "it" or "which" are

Matthew 10:20:

…For it is not ye that speak but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

1 Peter 1:11

Searching what or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

John 1:32

And John bare record, saying I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him.

Later English translations of the Bible generally followed the lead of the King James Version in referring to the Holy Spirit as masculine rather than neuter. Thus the Holy Spirit is almost always referred to as "he" or "him" in modern versions. This reflects not linguistic accuracy but the use of gender in the Greek language and the doctrinal bias of Bible translators. (Article by Scott Ashley)

Jason asked; can the HS speak on his own? My understanding is no, the Spirit cannot speak on his own, it reveals and speaks that which God has already spoken, that’s why it’s called the Spirit of truth.

How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, Whereby when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ) Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit…Wherefore I was made a minister according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power. (Ephesians 3:3-7)

For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,…That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; That Christ may dwell in yours hearts by faith; (Ephesians 3:14-17)

The Holy Spirit is always associated with power (not a person). God strengthens us (empowers us) with might by his Spirit in the inner man.

Human beings are the only animals that have a spirit (Job 32:8), that’s because we’re created in the image and likeness of God.  God’s Spirit, the Holy Spirit, bear witness with our human spirit and it empowers us in the things of God.

That Christ may dwell in yours hearts (the inner man) by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth and height; that ye might be filled with all the fullness of God. Now unto him that is able to de exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worked in us. (Ephesians 3:17-20)

The doctrine of the Trinity — that God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit are each equally and eternally the one true God — is admittedly difficult to comprehend, and yet is the very foundation of Christian truth. Although skeptics may ridicule it as a mathematical impossibility, it is nevertheless a basic doctrine of Scripture as well as profoundly realistic in both universal experience and in the scientific understanding of the cosmos.

Both Old and New Testaments teach the Unity and the Trinity of the Godhead. The idea that there is only one God, who created all things, is repeatedly emphasized in such Scriptures as Isaiah 45:18:

“For thus saith the Lord that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; …I am the Lord; and there is none else.”

A New Testament example is James 2:19:

“Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well; the devils also believe, and tremble.”

The three persons of the Godhead are, at the same time, noted in such Scriptures as Isaiah 48:16:

“I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; From the time that it was, there am I; and now the Lord God, and his Spirit, hath sent me.”

The speaker in this verse is obviously God, and yet He says He has been sent both by The Lord God (that is, the Father) and by His Spirit (that is, the Holy Spirit).

The New Testament doctrine of the Trinity is evident in such a verse as John 15:26, where the Lord Jesus said:

“But when the Comforter is come whom I will send unto you from the Father, He shall testify of me.”

Then there is the baptismal formula:

baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost” (Matthew 28:19).

One name (God) — yet three names!

JESUS — That Jesus, as the only-begotten Son of God, actually claimed to be God, equal with the Father, is clear from numerous Scriptures. For example, He said:

“I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty” (Revelation 1:8).

HOLY SPIRIT — Some cults falsely teach that the Holy Spirit is an impersonal divine influence of some kind, but the Bible teaches that He is a real person, just as are the Father and the Son. Jesus said:

“Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak; and he will show you things to come” (John 16:13).

TRI-UNITY — The teaching of the Bible concerning the Trinitymight be summarized thus. God is a Tri-unity, with each Person of the Godhead equally and fully and eternally God. Each is necessary, and each is distinct, and yet all are one. The three Persons appear in a logical, causal order. The Father is the unseen, omnipresent Source of all being, revealed in and by the Son, experienced in and by the Holy Spirit. The Son proceeds from the Father, and the Spirit from the Son. With reference to God's creation, the Father is the Thought behind it, the Son is the Word calling it forth, and the Spirit is the Deed making it a reality.

We “see” God and His great salvation in the Son of God, the LordJesus Christ, then “experience” their reality by faith, through the indwelling presence of His Holy Spirit.

Though these relationships seem paradoxical, and to some completely impossible, they are profoundly realistic, and their truth is ingrained deep in man's nature. Thus, men have always sensed first the truth that God must be “out there,” everywhere present and the First Cause of all things, but they have corrupted this intuitive knowledge of the Father into pantheism and ultimately into naturalism.

Similarly, men have always felt the need to “see” God in terms of their own experience and understanding, but this knowledge that God must reveal Himself has been distorted into polytheism andidolatry. Men have thus continually erected “models” of God, sometimes in the form of graven images, sometimes even in the form of philosophical systems purporting to represent ultimate reality.

Finally, men have always known that they should be able to have communion with their Creator and to experience His presence “within.” But this deep intuition of the Holy Spirit has been corrupted into various forms of false mysticism and fanaticism, and even into spiritism and demonism. Thus, the truth of God's tri-unity is ingrained in man's very nature, but he has often distorted it and substituted a false god in its place. link

Right, The doctrine of the Trinity.

Let me read through this....

From the current lesson quarterly. Trinity taught as a matter of fact and glosses over many of the issues being questioned today.

THURSDAY July 3, 2014
The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit In different ways, Jesus taught and demonstrated that three divine Persons constitute the Godhead: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Although we cannot explain this truth rationally, we accept it by faith (like many of the truths revealed in Scripture), and together with Paul we strive to attain a full "knowledge of the mystery of God" ( Co...l. 2:2, NKJV ). That is, though there is much we don’t understand, we can seek by faith, obedience, prayer, and study to learn more and more. The three Persons of the Godhead were active in the key moments of the life of Jesus. Summarize the role of each One in the following events: Birth: Luke 1:26-35 Baptism: Luke 3:21-22 Crucifixion: Heb. 9:14 When Jesus’ earthly ministry was about to finish, He promised His distressed disciples that He would send the Holy Spirit. Here again we see the three Persons working together. "I will pray the Father," Jesus assured them, "and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever, . . . the Spirit of truth" ( John 14:16-17, NKJV ; see also John 14:26 ) . Jesus explained that there is complete harmony and cooperation between the three Divine Persons in the plan of salvation. As the Son glorified the Father, demonstrating His love (John 17:4 ) , so the Holy Spirit glorifies the Son, revealing His grace (and love) to the world as well ( John 16:14 ) . Think through some of the other revealed truths that are difficult to comprehend through rational thought alone. At the same time, think about many things in the natural world that are similarly difficult to comprehend. What should these mysteries tell us about the limits of our rational thought and the need to live by faith? Bring your answers to class on Sabbath.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service