Adventist Online

Question: If God came to you today and said, just follow Me (i.e. God) how many would do as requested, or would you just disobey him and continue to follow Ellen G White?

This is a bother to me, because I feel many of our members hold Mrs. White to a higher standard than they hold God and this is not pleasing to Him.

Come on people. Let's get it right.

Views: 3634

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Peace

 Hello brother Garth, is your post for me?

 Garth wrote: "What is running through the minds of a religious/nonreligious visitor being bombared with according to, or sis. White said...?"

   Most pastors I hear like Doug B. rarely uses EGW when teaching Bible Truth... This site you could see it more often because it's a site for SDA who believes GOD by HIS Holy Spirit used EGW to help us understand our Bible better. Now, if there's a visitor who doesn't know of or believe GOD used EGW, then that's fine, all Truth comes from the Bible.

  I believe GOD used EGW to help spread the Gospel in Spirit and in Truth... but if someone has a problem with what she teaches then address it and lets talk about it and see if it harmonizes with the Bible, our source of all Truth. If there is a subject to be discuss, we can discuss it without EGW writings, that is not a problem.

 However, nobody can say we can't use or read EGW at all, because for me I test all things by the Bible, and trust me, before becoming an SDA I've put what she wrote to the test, and what I have found is that it harmonizes with the Bible.

 Garth wrote : "The argument that 'Ellen White is a lesser light....' is frankly a weak argument."

  Ok, so lets rephrase it, EGW writings are teachings that's found in the Bible. But again, if a person would like to go to the main source (The Bible) of all Truth then that's ok.

 For example, There are some who say we get the investigative Judgment teachings from EGW, when in fact it's taught from the Bible. But the thing is, no other Church is teaching this message.. So I believe inspiration is directing this knowledge.. and why do I believe that? because it taught in the Bible.

 Blessings my brother! :)

Good day my brother, 

With regard to the post sent it was intended for the audience at large. However, thank you for your response. However, to comment on your post I am of the view that that is a best practice by the pastor your mention & others who make an attempt to avoid referencing any of sis. White's work. For though an independent study or poll must be conducted to determine how many visiting religious/non religious persons grow negative/get turn off when they hear the phrase: "according to sis. White, or sis. White in her book...", one is of inform opinion that that number can be a large one. There is room for it being the reverse. I will conduct my poll and see what results. 

On the other hand,  sis. White has a large volume of work that I have access too. I have to go threw them, but I sitting & penning this piece realize that it's best I study a sample. However, for those that I have read - the great controversy, parts of patriot and prophets, her early writings, steps to christ, and, desire of ages and that's several years ago, I am still left with the impression that she, in developing her pieces, is redubbing selected/known episodes in the Bible-repainting a picture that may or may not be the case. Thus as a matter of precaution, my advice is that one should walk gingerly in that regard, consult other bodies of work, resort to the passage of Scripture in question original language, pray to the Holy Spirit before hand. One should gain a broader understanding of what author was trying to say/convey. Moreover, as Jehovah give me strength, understanding and wisdom, permit me to assess and amass a case after a careful analysis of her work.

However, taking your example that investigative judgement is in the Bible, one can go search for a Biblical argument  but he or she would not find a biblical support. This is one of her arguments I have exhausedt via the Holy Spirit, all praise be to Him, and concluded that it's a dogma the Adventist Assembly have to revist. Another, example where she making emphasizing line upon line, precept..... However, a study of Isaiah 28, would reveal that this has no relation as to how to study the bible or letting "the Bible speak for itself" argument.

On the other hand, I believe, and commenting on your second point,  is a chief reason why the initiator of this posts and others are disenchanted. They are hearing in their assemblies sis. White consistently & each Sabbath. This is not what they were expecting- even though they hear selected Bible passages intermingled. This is a grey area that needs fixing. 

However, for one who sees her as a prophetess, an observer looking in  can see the reason for the Assembly attempting to preserve mrs. White, the person, through her written works. To acknowledge that there is flaws in her work would undermine the Adventist Assembly. Moreover,  it is noteworthy to note she has some quotes that make you go hmmm. Morever, whether she is a prophetess or not, and she so makes that claim, that is between herself and God. My concern is that she has a relationship with Jehovah, Jesus, And the Holy Spirit, and that she died in them, knowing she would see them again. Moreover, God work through her and her family to reach souls and we must do the same. 

So I will get back to you, when I am complete with my assessment of the information presented before me. 

I trust you had a Holy Spirit transforming Sabbath experience, yes?

The more one studies the Bible, the more the reader discovers deeper insights regarding the life and work of Jesus. Ellen White uplifted Jesus as the Messiah—our Savior, our Example, and the world's greatest Teacher.

Peace Reasoning,

Just in the event you missed it.   The point is not to prove whether or not Ellen G White said or did anything against God's word, I just stated what I know.  Whether or not I have proven it is not going to save you or the other people here.    I can go look it up and present all the evidence because I know it is there.   But this is not and never should be about her.   How many times do I have to say this.    This is about the Heavenly Father.  If you would take some time to listen to His voice and stop just reading EGW and the scriptures, if you took some time to have a personal relationship with Him, you may learn a few.  A comment was made and I was responding to it.    As I said I could go get everything that is needed to evidence that her word went against scripture, but why waste my time.  You will not change any way.   All you will do is pick the bones out of it and try to find away around it.   Like I spoke to a close relative of mine tonight.   We don't want to give up our old ways.   We feel what we know is gospel.   Like many people I have seen who attend church every Sunday.    They cannot believe that everything they have been learning for years could be far from truth.   The people here are just like that.

But again, I will say it is not about what she said or didn't say that was wrong.   She could have done everything right.     Assumptions is all you call it.  I could get but will not.   The fact still remains, that God should become your all and all.  To make it to the Kingdom that is what He wants.

Peace

In need... wrote : "Just in the event you missed it.   The point is not to prove whether or not Ellen G White said or did anything against God's word, I just stated what I know.  Whether or not I have proven it is not going to save you or the other people here."

  Right, the answer to your question is, we will follow what GOD tells us. Period!!

 Yes, you've stated things, and what you stated are base on assumptions. That's what I'm pointing out to you... You say we have a certain beliefs about EGW, you have said we think she's a god, and we observe her writings over the Bible, and obey her over GOD.. these are your assumptions you have injected, you can't do that without proof. Correct, it's not about if it can save us, it's about proving what you say about SDA and our choice to read EGW is true or not.

  In need... wrote : " I can go look it up and present all the evidence because I know it is there.   But this is not and never should be about her.   How many times do I have to say this."  

  Hard to tell, the OP question has EGW name in it.. mostly everything you post on this thread is about EGW and what you think we believe in regards to her. So you may say it's not about EGW, however your post says different.

 

In need... wrote :"  If you would take some time to listen to His voice and stop just reading EGW and the scriptures, if you took some time to have a personal relationship with Him, you may learn a few."

  You must know me huh? I don't think you do, but you assume I don't take time to listen to HIS voice, and that I only read EGW and not the scriptures, and I don't have a personal relationship with HIM, and that means I haven't learned much. Again, these are assumptions on your part, you don't know me to know what relationship I have with Jesus. This is what I'm pointing out to you, your assumptions are base on lies.

In need... wrote : "As I said I could go get everything that is needed to evidence that her word went against scripture, but why waste my time.  You will not change any way."

   There you go again, you assume I will not change, so in turn you won't post any evidence... Atleast you know you have no evidence, I have been correct in stating that. If you have no evidence all you have is assumptions, and that holds no weight on this forum.

 In need... wrote : "Like I spoke to a close relative of mine tonight.   We don't want to give up our old ways.   We feel what we know is gospel.   Like many people I have seen who attend church every Sunday.    They cannot believe that everything they have been learning for years could be far from truth.   The people here are just like that."

  Well.... you would have to show proof in both case In need... You can't tell people what they been learning is far from the truth and have no proof to show. Does that make sense?

 In need wrote : "But again, I will say it is not about what she said or didn't say that was wrong.   She could have done everything right.     Assumptions is all you call it.  I could get but will not.   The fact still remains, that God should become your all and all.  To make it to the Kingdom that is what He wants."

  oh I'm sorry, did anyone say GOD is not our all and all?  Do you think your the only one who believes that?

 

 

 Bless!

 

  Hard to tell, the OP question has EGW name in it.. mostly everything you post on this thread is about EGW and what you think we believe in regards to her. So you may say it's not about EGW, however your post says different.

I asked you a question and you refuse to answer.  You have not been willing to say you would follow God in the past.  Yet you spend most of your time defending EGW.  I personally would have no problem saying point blank, I would follow God if asked.    So I can't believe anything else.  Because love for God would cause you to say I love God enough to follow Him only.

You must know me huh? I don't think you do, but you assume I don't take time to listen to HIS voice, and that I only read EGW and not the scriptures, and I don't have a personal relationship with HIM, and that means I haven't learned much. Again, these are assumptions on your part, you don't know me to know what relationship I have with Jesus. This is what I'm pointing out to you, your assumptions are base on lies.

One thing I do know is that listening God takes you to another place, a deeper relationship with God that will cause you to put Him above all other things.   A love for God will have you deny everything and everyone else first.   There are many who think they have a relationship but they are blinded.   I am not saying I am better or that you don't, but the fact that you could not say you would follow God above EGW is an indication of where you sit so you can call me a liar if you like.   


   There you go again, you assume I will not change, so in turn you won't post any evidence... Atleast you know you have no evidence, I have been correct in stating that. If you have no evidence all you have is assumptions, and that holds no weight on this forum.

I said I would get the evidence, but you decide to put words in my mouth.   Wow.  Slipping there reasoning.

Well.... you would have to show proof in both case In need... You can't tell people what they been learning is far from the truth and have no proof to show. Does that make sense?

Reasoning, let me show you what makes sense.  God is almighty, God is all powerful.   There should never be a need for proof when it comes to God..   He should always be your number one,

  oh I'm sorry, did anyone say GOD is not our all and all?  Do you think your the only one who believes that?

You did.    When you can't say you will put God above EGW.   Instead you just defend her.  Simple question, hypothetical.  Not saying stop now, I don't have that power.  But if God did come to you, during your devotion, during your personal relationship time with Him, when you were listening to His voice and told you put away EGW books and just read my Word, pray, fast and listen to my voice would you do it   Not saying do it, if he did.  What would you do.   You took it way out of context.  Wanted to make it a debate.   I thought it would just be an interesting survey.   But the rest of you took it way out of context.   Why.   Think about it.

Peace

  In need... wrote : "I said I would get the evidence, but you decide to put words in my mouth.   Wow.  Slipping there reasoning."

  In need... wrote : "As I said I could go get everything that is needed to evidence that her word went against scripture, but why waste my time.  You will not change any way."

  No.... I'm not slipping In need...  your just not reading what you wrote correctly. If you notice you said you "could" not "would", and I know you meant you "could", which implied you weren't going to, because you said it was a waste of your time. Now, if you have gone from "could" to "would", then please show us your evidence.

In need... wrote : "I asked you a question and you refuse to answer.  You have not been willing to say you would follow God in the past.  Yet you spend most of your time defending EGW.  I personally would have no problem saying point blank, I would follow God if asked.    So I can't believe anything else.  Because love for God would cause you to say I love God enough to follow Him only."

In need... asked : "Question: If God came to you today and said, just follow Me (i.e. God) how many would do as requested, or would you just disobey him and continue to follow Ellen G White?"

 

 In need... what you say is not true, my answer is on record, it's on page 7 of this thread on March 1st, 2016  I wrote..

 Reasoning(Me) wrote: 'In need of prayer, short answer to your question is, I will follow what GOD says.'

 Please stop saying things that aren't true. But the reason we've been going back and forth is because you assume and you say things that aren't true. Check out this part of your OP

In need... wrote : "This is a bother to me, because I feel many of our members hold Mrs. White to a higher standard than they hold God and this is not pleasing to Him."

 You see, what you "feel" doesn't matter, it's what's true that matters.. your feelings are assumptions.. and you assume "...many members hold EGW to a higher standard than they hold GOD..".

 What, did you take a poll of SDA and ask them? I doubt it!! It's just base on what you feel.. and that doesn't help or hold weight. You do know that right? ofcourse you do, because your going to get some evidence, right?

 In need... wrote : "There are many who think they have a relationship but they are blinded.   I am not saying I am better or that you don't, but the fact that you could not say you would follow God above EGW is an indication of where you sit so you can call me a liar if you like. "

  Liar is such a harsh word In need... however if it walks and quacks like a duck.... again, I did answer your question, so stop telling untruths. Is telling untruths apart of having a relationship with GOD In need...?

  In need... wrote : "Reasoning, let me show you what makes sense.  God is almighty, God is all powerful.   There should never be a need for proof when it comes to God..   He should always be your number one,"

 I agree with most of it, however GOD says

  1 Thes. 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

 

 Also you already said, 

  I need... wrote : "Test the spirit, test the scriptures.   Yes some may make errors, but what they say should be in line with what scripture says."

 In need wrote : "You did.    When you can't say you will put God above EGW.   Instead you just defend her.  Simple question, hypothetical.  Not saying stop now, I don't have that power.  But if God did come to you, during your devotion, during your personal relationship time with Him, when you were listening to His voice and told you put away EGW books and just read my Word, pray, fast and listen to my voice would you do it. Not saying do it, if he did.  What would you do."?

 Let me post what I wrote on march 1st, 2016 again.. it's on page 7 of this thread...

Reasoning(Me) wrote: 'In need of prayer, short answer to your question is, I will follow what GOD says.'

Because you keep saying untruthful things doesn't mean it's going to become true.

 In need... wrote : " You took it way out of context.  Wanted to make it a debate.   I thought it would just be an interesting survey.   But the rest of you took it way out of context.   Why.   Think about it."

  Nope, I didn't take it out of context, you are basing your claims on what you feel and assumptions...

  In need... wrote : "This is a bother to me, because I feel many of our members hold Mrs. White to a higher standard than they hold God and this is not pleasing to Him."

 You act like you already took a survey,

 because you said many SDA "... hold Mrs. White to a higher standard than they hold God.."  

In need wrote :Many Pastor's and people tend to put her above God.   I know this is not pleasing to Him.    Do you think God would want our people to view her higher than they view Him?

  Where's your proof In need...? Oh yeah... your going to get it right?

 These are your opinions,

 In need... wrote: "You are so defensive it is like you are afraid to admit that EGW is more important to you than God.    The problems you are having  with this question proves this.

In need wrote : "You would rather follow what EGW than what God said in the scriptures.   Calling God a liar basically.   

 Again, these are your opinions, feelings and assumptions... nothing base on facts. Oops.. that's right... your going to get evidence and post it soon right? :- /

 

 Bless!

As I said I could go get everything that is needed to evidence that her word went against scripture, but why waste my time.  You will not change any way.   All you will do is pick the bones out of it and try to find away around it. 

This is what I said, I could go get what is needed but why waste my time.  I don't know what you are trying to twist.   I said what I said.  I never said I would, because I am not going to waste my time   All I can do is pray that you hear him correctly.   Stop trying to twist what I said.   I could and I would findd it, but I chose not to.   This is not about me or my desires, this always has been and always should be about what God wants.  Serving Him is never an option.   But the church serves EGW above God, and God said, chose this day whom you shall serve, for no man can serve two masters..  I chose God.  

I choose God.

Amen Lindy.    He is my all in all.   I keep seeing Him do wonders.   What a mighty God we serve.

Reasoning, 

Maybe I don't recall what was said on page 7, I didnt look back there, but it took you to page 7 to say that.  But all before that you were defending her.  So no I didn't remember what you said back on page 7, (but that doesn't make me a liar-forget maybe).  but I am happy to hear you say you would put God above if asked.  Many others havent said the same thing.    They are just defending her.  God doesn't need defending.   

Regards to the post, it was just to get people thinking.  Never meant to be an attack.  I never was trying to force anyone to stop reading.  People didn't take the survey, all they did was flip the scrip like I just committing some big crime asking you if you would serve God or EGW.    The answer still should have been simple.   Yes or No   

Remember, you don't answer to me.  I am just a lowly sinner.

Attacking  character is awful Reasoning.    I may have forgotten what you said, but at the same time, if a question was asked who do you serve God or EGW your answer should be simple.   There is no need to defend God but there is plenty reason to defend EGW.   You see the crazy in that?    Again, God or EGW.   You and the board took it as an attack.    If you don't answer, God, which is the obvious answer, you are obviously going to worship EGW.  .

Peace

 In need... wrote : "Maybe I don't recall what was said on page 7, I didnt look back there, but it took you to page 7 to say that.  But all before that you were defending her."

 

  That was my first reply to you In need... and the first thing I said to you was

Reasoning(Me) wrote: 'In need of prayer, short answer to your question is, I will follow what GOD says.'

   In need... wrote: "So no I didn't remember what you said back on page 7, (but that doesn't make me a liar-forget maybe).

 That's true, however I said it to you again this past Friday, it's on page 19.. I said,

 Reasoning (Me) wrote:  "The obvious answer from everyone should be as yours, we would do as HE asked."

 What, did you overlook it this time?

 In need... wrote: " but I am happy to hear you say you would put God above if asked.  Many others havent said the same thing.    They are just defending her.  God doesn't need defending. "  

 No... Let me run it by you again, your looking for a simple answer to the first part of your OP, I answered it back in march and this past Friday.

  Reasoning(Me) wrote: 'In need of prayer, short answer to your question is, I will follow what GOD says.'

 

Reasoning (Me) wrote:  "The obvious answer from everyone should be as yours, we would do as HE asked."

 sister Lindy had the same short answer...

 of course within the OP after your simple question, that was given a simple answer, you choose to express your personal views and feelings..

In need... wrote : "This is a bother to me, because I feel many of our members hold Mrs. White to a higher standard than they hold God and this is not pleasing to Him."

 In need... wrote: "You are so defensive it is like you are afraid to admit that EGW is more important to you than God.    The problems you are having  with this question proves this.

In need wrote : "You would rather follow what EGW than what God said in the scriptures.   Calling God a liar basically.   

In need... wrote : " But the church serves EGW above God,..."

 

 You can't be shocked that people will respond to those comments, which again is base on NO evidence whatsoever.... None!!! So, it's not that people aren't answering your simple question, but were defending what you "feel" or assume we believe. That's why you see most of my post to you in this thread is asking for proof... and you have not shown one shred of it.

 In need... wrote: "I may have forgotten what you said, but at the same time, if a question was asked who do you serve God or EGW your answer should be simple.   There is no need to defend God but there is plenty reason to defend EGW.   You see the crazy in that?    Again, God or EGW.   You and the board took it as an attack.    If you don't answer, God, which is the obvious answer, you are obviously going to worship EGW. "

  Let me explain one more time... Nah.. just kidding.. I won't, just read the above statement.

   

 Bless!

RSS

Site Sponsors

 

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free


USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

 

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service