Adventist Online

A friend of mine a jehovah witness, has always claimed when we are descussing about the word, that God has his REAL name called YAHWEH.

HOW TRUE IS IT?

Views: 179

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, John B.

I joined the Adventists online forum through a complicated series of events, while pursuing a topic of interest to me. I have many 7th Day Adventist friends, and I delight in the work of the Holy Spirit among you all. Yes, I am a Sabbath keeper as well. I am also a "Sacred Namer", and the Holy Name of Yahweh is part of my devotional life, as The Psalms require.

It is tempting to create a sub-topic message chain with you, as you have stated many things in this blog, worthy of rebuttal. Rather than put us through that, I will offer just two points:

1 - The world is jam-packed with people who are approaching the throne of The Most High, using a devotional framework of their own choosing, and they seem to be getting away with it. This includes the Sunday crowd. But successful tradition is not a sign of Divine endorsement. For your own sake, do not interpret your own blessings as a "go-ahead" signal for your beliefs and practices. That misunderstanding is exactly why it is hard to penetrate the Sunday community.

2 - After approximately 40 years of study on the related topics of Hebrew, Languages, and Hebrew Names, you are the first person I have ever read who says: "The [J] sound was certainly in use in Latin and Greek before Christ."

I heard about a Chinese board game called "GO" where you can let your opponent reverse a move that was obviously a big mistake. I think I will let you do that with your claims about the J sound.

For your own sake, please be careful what you impute to others, and what you say yourself.

Yours in Christ,
Michael
This is how i answer this question from Jehovah's Witnesses.  Jesus Christ, the Son of God, has NEVER stated the REAL NAME for the Father.  Christ has introduced to me that His Father (no additional name added) is His Father.  Why should I seek for the REAL NAME of Christ's Father, which He Himself did not reveal.  If Jesus felt the need to provide the "REAL NAME" of the Father, aside from His introducing His Father as my Father too, He should have provided His real name.  Jesus DID NOT provide the real name of the Father, for me, a Christian, I then call Him FATHER, this is sufficient for me.  I refuse to go any further into this discussion.

The Messiah's very name Yahushau  reveals the name of His Father, "Yah saves". And you tell me the Son of Yah never stated the real name of the Father. Oh, and I might add, the translators missed one when they were taking the Father's name out of the Scriptures.   See; Psalm 68:4   Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. 

Now pop "Jah", into your Scripture search engine.  Oh, look at all the names that have Jah/Yah in them, now get out your Strongs and do a work study. I know this is a lot of work, but well worth it.

Connie

Just be sure that in ferreting out the etimology of the name that you do not fail to form a relationship with the one whose name you are researching.  God is not as concerned in regard as to the pronuctiation of His name as He is about the honor of His name. 

"As for you, O house of Israel, thus says the Lord God: Go serve every one of you his idols, now and hereafter, if you will not listen to me; but my holy name you shall no more profane with your gifts and your idols." Ezekiel 20:39 (ESV)

"But when they came to the nations, wherever they came, they profaned my holy name, in that people said of them, 'These are the people of the Lord, and yet they had to go out of his land.'  [21] But I had concern for my holy name, which the house of Israel had profaned among the nations to which they came."  Ezekiel 36:20-21 (ESV) 

"And my holy name I will make known in the midst of my people Israel, and I will not let my holy name be profaned anymore. And the nations shall know that I am the Lord, the Holy One in Israel."  Ezekiel 39:7 (ESV)

When we claim to be a Christian and do not live like Jesus lived.

"I can do nothing on My own initiative. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is just, because I do not seek My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me."  JOH 5:30 NASB

The "name" of Jesus/God/Christ/Yahwah etc. are descriptions of His character.  A character that is in full submission to God's will.  One's time is much better spent in learning to be like Jesus and not worrying about how a string of letters is pronounced.

Just like a situation that I am in at the moment.  I made a recommendation on a business deal between two friends and an element that I had no knowledge of cropped up costing a friend some money.  I have no legal obligation in the situation.  However, the name of God is on the line.  Just how do I deal with this situation in a way that God will be honored?

This is the name of God that is most important, not the pronuciation.  That is a side issue to confuse the real issues.  If one tenth of the time spent in researching the meaning of various names were put into knowing God, Himself, better, one would be far ahead in their Christian experience.

The ONLY Christian experience that has any value is becoming more and more like Jesus.  Then and only then will we properly "pronouce" His Holy Name.

Maranatha :)
Ray

You are absolutely correct Ray, in fact I would suggest that placing so much weight on the name without knowing him is taking his name in vain.

Yes Ezra, I have read that the text taking his name in vain applies to christians who take it upon themselves to call themselves christians when it is vanity and a lie.

Good point.

You say that God's real name is Yahushua.  How do you know?  It is written as YHWH in the ancient manuscripts.  Many different people have added letters to these four to come up with different names and pronunciations: Yahweh, Yahuwah, Yahshua, Yeshua, Yehoshua, Yahoshua, Yaohushua, Y'shua, Yahshuah... the list goes on and on.

But as you can see, no one can know from scripture or history the "correct" way to address God.  We all need the Holy Spirit to interpret our prayers for us.  So saying that one pronunciation is correct is not provable.

It also misses the point of KNOWING our God and Savior so personally that we walk with Him.  Jesus taught us to pray "Our Father, which art in heaven..."  I like that.

Clark

Your thought of the Holy Spirit correcting our prayers, see Romans 8, is right on target.  Adding one more reason to not be concerned about the way the name is pronounced.

Maranatha :)
Ray

I heard a sermon once where it was implied that God's name was David and Jesus original name was Michael. 

He showed good reason why this is so.

I have always since seen it that way, but in the end, who cares in all nations all over the world they refer to him by different names, but he looks into the heart and read it.

Dee

I have watched people destroy this thread....

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service