Adventist Online

Watching  the  women on  TV today    ,they  all  look  so beautiful  in  their  Hats.  Why is    it  that  we  as  women  including  myself  finds  it  so  diificult  to  wear  hats  to  church? For in  the  Bible it  states  that  we  are  to  cover  our  heads  in church.

Views: 1546

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

okie dokie

Hahahahah 

that is getting funny... I remember as a kid growing up in the church, the elders would constantly, address the ladies about modesty in dressing. They did so because, some women would be on the pulpit, with some dresses/skirts, that exposed to much. 

However, with all the warnings the elders offered, the woman still wore these revealing outfits.

In one of the meetings one of the elders said that he would look intensely between the women's if they insist on wearing these dresses/skirts that reveal their lovely thighs and underwears. He believed that if he looked they would realize that he was looking and they would feel uncomfortable lol.

I found his reasons hilarious lol

ROTFLMBO!!!! You just proved my point! =)  It is these "lust minded" people that have not surrendered the flesh---holding spiritual positions of authority...smh.

Emmy,this is not funny at all!!! We are talking about serious business here!I can see sex has a lot of power on human beings,and i know now why David had to killed a man to take his wife.For he has saws how poweful the baarsheba legs,thighs and everything else,were desireble and cute of have.Ammy,i confest ,i am very weak and i am not strong.So therefore,i do not want to see any body's things wherever yellow,white,red,green,brown,black,whatever those colors this thing has.By beholding the fruits of the Forbiden Tree in Eden,Eve,gave to peasures.And there was no sins yet in the world,she was perfect,she was seeing God face.But now we are siners and fall short of the glory of God.We have to be 1000 times more careful than Adam and Eve..But she contemplated the tree,the fruits it bears,and she falls.Let no man think he can looked at the thing all the times and stay Sober in spirit.Santan want us to believed a ly again.But God knows the best,he said decency in his house,Revival,and Reformation is a most,before he seals his people,he means it.When he left everyone to do as they please,yet he will not suffers this Abomination for long.There is to be an Ezekiel 9,for he will not talk forever and no one listen.

study and meditate the Word of God, the holy Spirit will guide you the right answer. God bless you!

I say AMEN to that,for as we are approshing the End of brobation for our time,STANDARDS,AFTER STANDARDS,are left by the ....WAYSIDE ....BY ...THE ...ARMY's OF GOD.we SHOULD never adjust the Truth according to the times,periods, circumstances of times or cultures.For Jesus Christ is the Same yesterday ,today and tomorrow.God bless.

Thank you!

I thank God for understanding. This is a passage that I have read many times and I read it again and came to the same conclusion. "15 But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.". I've have been blessed in this way therefore I don't have to wear a shower cap to church. I say shower cap because the bible only mentions that a women is to COVER her head while praying or prophesieth. I see nothing about wearing hats to church. A wig or a hair weave should give any women a sufficient covering.

Zoe Winggins ,you only read what you want but before you come to verse 15 there are many verses before, to understand a subject you have to consider the all chapiter.The other churches choose on versse to break the sabbath or to ignore the whole truth.If you read from 1- 16 and anilized versse then you might see the light.You speak about one verse,do not do to me like the Baptists are doing,and give then reason to breake the sabbath.Explain #7 to me, for men have hair like woman too.Also verse 4 men have hair too if the hair is covering,and men do not suppose to covered themself, then they are dishoureth Christ who is their head. For you a wig will satisfied the whole 1 corinthians 11: 1 -16 what a mukery of the words of God

That mean a rastamen most shave his hear, if he/she be a SDA?

Benicio

A man  must  shave  his  head  if  is  he has  long hair.  That's  applies  to  all  religion. The  bible  says  that  doesn't   nature  tells  us  if   a man  has  long  hair  it  is  a   shame. I  am  just  parapharsing the  verse.That's why I  don't   date  men  with long  hair.

"And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,  speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When either man or woman shall separate themselves to vow a vow of a Nazarite, to separate themselves unto the LORD:   He shall separate himself from wine and strong drink, and shall drink no vinegar of wine, or vinegar of strong drink, neither shall he drink any liquor of grapes, nor eat moist grapes, or dried.  All the days of his separation shall he eat nothing that is made of the vine tree, from the kernels even to the husk.  

All the days of the vow of his separation there shall no razor come upon his head: until the days be fulfilled, in the which he separateth himself unto the LORD, he shall be holy, and shall let the locks of the hair of his head grow.

All the days that he separateth himself unto the LORD he shall come at no dead body.  He shall not make himself unclean for his father, or for his mother, for his brother, or for his sister, when they die: because the consecration of his God is upon his head.  All the days of his separation he is holy unto the LORD.

And if any man die very suddenly by him, and he hath defiled the head of his consecration; then he shall shave his head in the day of his cleansing, on the seventh day shall he shave it."--Numbers 6:1-9

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2022   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service