Adventist Online

What will heaven be like? eye has not seen, nor heard, the good things the Lord has prepared for those who Love Him.” We only know for sure what is going to be there by Inspiration. The Lord will more than satisfy us, we just want to be sure to be there.
Plainly, we will be in much better shape physically and will need no such devices as cars, planes, rockets, electricity, etc. nothing will be there that defiles. We will travel through space and visit other worlds. Perhaps one reason the book Early Writings (Maranatha) is also quoted here, all of which came from Spiritual Gifts) is so popular is the visions of heaven Jesus gave Ellen White. We will be real people doing real things, some of which we haven’t done before.
“We cannot suppose that when the final triumph shall come, and we have the mansions prepared for us, idleness will be our portion--that we shall rest in a blissful, do-nothing state”. {Mar 360.1}
“In the earth made new, the redeemed will engage in the occupations and pleasures that brought happiness to Adam and Eve in the beginning. The Eden life will be lived, the life in garden and field. "They shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them. They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands." Isaiah 65: 21, 22. {Mar 360.2}
“There I saw most glorious houses, that had the appearance of silver, supported by four pillars set with pearls most glorious to behold. These were to be inhabited by the saints. In each was a golden shelf. I saw many of the saints go into the houses, take off their glittering crowns and lay them on the shelf, then go out into the field by the houses to do something with the earth; not as we have to do with the earth here; no, no. A glorious light shone all about their heads, and they were continually shouting and offering praises to God.” {Mar 360.3}
“Every faculty will be developed, every capacity increased. The acquirement of knowledge will not weary the mind or exhaust the energies. There the grandest enterprises may be carried forward, the loftiest aspirations reached, the highest ambitions realized; and still there will arise new heights to surmount, new wonders to admire, new truths to comprehend, fresh objects to call forth the powers of mind and soul and body.” {Mar 360.4}

“Then I was taken to a world which had seven moons. There I saw good old Enoch, who had been translated. On his right arm he bore a glorious palm, and on each leaf was written "Victory." Around his head was a dazzling white wreath, and leaves on the wreath, and in the middle of each leaf was written "Purity," and around the wreath were stones of various colors, that shone brighter than the stars, and cast a reflection upon the letters and magnified them. On the back part of his head was a bow that confined the wreath, and upon the bow was written "Holiness." Above the wreath was a lovely crown that shone brighter than the sun. I asked him if this was the place he was taken to from the earth. He said, "It is not; the city is my home, and I have come to visit this place." He moved about the place as if perfectly at home”. (E. W.)

“And I saw a table of pure silver; it was many miles in length, yet our eyes could extend over it. I saw the fruit of the tree of life, the manna, almonds, figs, pomegranates, grapes, and many other kinds of fruit. I asked Jesus to let me eat of the fruit. He said, "Not now. Those who eat of the fruit of this
land go back to earth no more. But in a little while, if faithful, you shall both eat of the fruit of the tree of life and drink of the water of the fountain." And He said, "You must go back to the earth again and relate to others what I have revealed to you." (EW P. 20)

“I saw that the four angels would hold the four winds until Jesus' work was done in the sanctuary, and then will come the seven last plagues. These plagues enraged the wicked against the righteous; they thought that we had brought the judgments of God upon them, and that if they could rid the earth of us, the plagues would then be stayed. A decree went forth to slay
the saints, which caused them to cry day and night for deliverance. This was the time of Jacob's trouble. Then all the saints cried out with anguish of spirit, and were delivered by the voice of God. The 144,000 triumphed. Their faces were lighted up with the glory of God. Then I was shown a company who were howling in agony. On their garments was written in large characters, "Thou art weighed in the balance, and found wanting." I asked who this company were. The angel said, "These are they who have once kept the Sabbath and have given it up." I heard them cry with a loud voice, "We have believed in Thy coming, and taught it with energy." And while they were speaking, their eyes would fall upon their garments and see the writing, and then they would wail aloud. I saw that they had drunk of the deep waters, and fouled the residue with their feet--trodden the Sabbath underfoot-- and that was why they were weighed in the balance and found wanting.” {EW 36.2}

It is clear we will have wings as well, we shall fly! Even the babies that grow up as calves in the stall will have wings.

”And I saw the little ones climb, or, if they chose, use their little wings and fly, to the top of the mountains and pluck the never-fading flowers.” (EW)

Sounds like a lot of fun to me!
Steve Billiter

Views: 82

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hi brother Stephen B.

I want to ask you what happen with the other sda webiste GKC (God`s kingdom comunity).

Why i cannot reach this site ?.

Was deleted ?.

There was a very long debate with the ex sda man called Jaroslav and there we had alotof work with him to convince him about Trinity.

I want to copy some posts used there, because i will need that in facebook in discutions with many other religions (like jehowah`s witness).

Can you help me ?.

Thank you brother :)

best regards

eugen

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by