Adventist Online

What will heaven be like? eye has not seen, nor heard, the good things the Lord has prepared for those who Love Him.” We only know for sure what is going to be there by Inspiration. The Lord will more than satisfy us, we just want to be sure to be there.
Plainly, we will be in much better shape physically and will need no such devices as cars, planes, rockets, electricity, etc. nothing will be there that defiles. We will travel through space and visit other worlds. Perhaps one reason the book Early Writings (Maranatha) is also quoted here, all of which came from Spiritual Gifts) is so popular is the visions of heaven Jesus gave Ellen White. We will be real people doing real things, some of which we haven’t done before.
“We cannot suppose that when the final triumph shall come, and we have the mansions prepared for us, idleness will be our portion--that we shall rest in a blissful, do-nothing state”. {Mar 360.1}
“In the earth made new, the redeemed will engage in the occupations and pleasures that brought happiness to Adam and Eve in the beginning. The Eden life will be lived, the life in garden and field. "They shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them. They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands." Isaiah 65: 21, 22. {Mar 360.2}
“There I saw most glorious houses, that had the appearance of silver, supported by four pillars set with pearls most glorious to behold. These were to be inhabited by the saints. In each was a golden shelf. I saw many of the saints go into the houses, take off their glittering crowns and lay them on the shelf, then go out into the field by the houses to do something with the earth; not as we have to do with the earth here; no, no. A glorious light shone all about their heads, and they were continually shouting and offering praises to God.” {Mar 360.3}
“Every faculty will be developed, every capacity increased. The acquirement of knowledge will not weary the mind or exhaust the energies. There the grandest enterprises may be carried forward, the loftiest aspirations reached, the highest ambitions realized; and still there will arise new heights to surmount, new wonders to admire, new truths to comprehend, fresh objects to call forth the powers of mind and soul and body.” {Mar 360.4}

“Then I was taken to a world which had seven moons. There I saw good old Enoch, who had been translated. On his right arm he bore a glorious palm, and on each leaf was written "Victory." Around his head was a dazzling white wreath, and leaves on the wreath, and in the middle of each leaf was written "Purity," and around the wreath were stones of various colors, that shone brighter than the stars, and cast a reflection upon the letters and magnified them. On the back part of his head was a bow that confined the wreath, and upon the bow was written "Holiness." Above the wreath was a lovely crown that shone brighter than the sun. I asked him if this was the place he was taken to from the earth. He said, "It is not; the city is my home, and I have come to visit this place." He moved about the place as if perfectly at home”. (E. W.)

“And I saw a table of pure silver; it was many miles in length, yet our eyes could extend over it. I saw the fruit of the tree of life, the manna, almonds, figs, pomegranates, grapes, and many other kinds of fruit. I asked Jesus to let me eat of the fruit. He said, "Not now. Those who eat of the fruit of this
land go back to earth no more. But in a little while, if faithful, you shall both eat of the fruit of the tree of life and drink of the water of the fountain." And He said, "You must go back to the earth again and relate to others what I have revealed to you." (EW P. 20)

“I saw that the four angels would hold the four winds until Jesus' work was done in the sanctuary, and then will come the seven last plagues. These plagues enraged the wicked against the righteous; they thought that we had brought the judgments of God upon them, and that if they could rid the earth of us, the plagues would then be stayed. A decree went forth to slay
the saints, which caused them to cry day and night for deliverance. This was the time of Jacob's trouble. Then all the saints cried out with anguish of spirit, and were delivered by the voice of God. The 144,000 triumphed. Their faces were lighted up with the glory of God. Then I was shown a company who were howling in agony. On their garments was written in large characters, "Thou art weighed in the balance, and found wanting." I asked who this company were. The angel said, "These are they who have once kept the Sabbath and have given it up." I heard them cry with a loud voice, "We have believed in Thy coming, and taught it with energy." And while they were speaking, their eyes would fall upon their garments and see the writing, and then they would wail aloud. I saw that they had drunk of the deep waters, and fouled the residue with their feet--trodden the Sabbath underfoot-- and that was why they were weighed in the balance and found wanting.” {EW 36.2}

It is clear we will have wings as well, we shall fly! Even the babies that grow up as calves in the stall will have wings.

”And I saw the little ones climb, or, if they chose, use their little wings and fly, to the top of the mountains and pluck the never-fading flowers.” (EW)

Sounds like a lot of fun to me!
Steve Billiter

Views: 82

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Amen Sister, Inspiration says it all! Steve
The woman in the picture with me is my daughter Stephen... I am posting! hehe

sky
sorry, I knew a sky locally that was female, it never was clear who was who. Steve
okay hehe
Four rivers ran out of Eden, I wonder what they symbolize?

I don't think I really fathom how real heaven is-- but I'm starting to grasp that it is pinch-me real. It's a real place right here and now where there are citizens who are interested in me, right now. They are excited about meeting me. And then there are the citizens who will arrive on the same flight I do. I'm really truely going to meet Paul and go to Study of Grace classes with him! I'm really truly going to get to play the harp with David, and may get to be one of his harp students, even! (There's a harp place next door to my office and I've been eagerly waiting to get to save a few dollars that aren't instantly needed so I can rent one and take some lessons--) but the harp lessons in heaven will be more real and more intricate than the music I hear from the office next door! I may get to skate on the sea of glass with Peter, who was interested in walking on water, but the most wonderful thing about meeting Peter is how he'll understand how disappointed I was at having disappointed Jesus. But all the disappointment will be gone!

I'm so afraid sometimes that something will happen to me in a wreck or something. But I don't really need to be afraid-- but rejoice that heaven does not mean the end of opportunities but the beginning of them in a place where I can never be misunderstood, never make mistakes anymore, never be afraid for that matter, never have a cherished dream turn out puzzling or disappointing-- and those are just a few of the nevermores! I will have a chance to learn unbounded perfect science from the author of all the laws of science! I will get to build and enjoy the decor for 90 billion years if I want. I will have friends and get to know them better and better forever, (and here's another never, -- never losing track of them!)

"One pulse of harmony and gladness beats through the vast creation"... Oh!
Kathleen,
Gen 2:10 And a river went out of Eden to water the garden; and from thence it was parted, and became into four heads.
Gen 2:11 The name of the first is Pison: that is it which compasseth the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold;
Gen 2:12 And the gold of that land is good: there is bdellium and the onyx stone.
Gen 2:13 And the name of the second river is Gihon: the same is it that compasseth the whole land of Ethiopia.
Gen 2:14 And the name of the third river is Hiddekel: that is it which goeth toward the east of Assyria. And the fourth river is Euphrates.

Kathleen, no real symbolic signicance is attached to the 4 heads of the river. Certainly nothing prophetic. (.See on Gen.2:10-14, SDA Bible Commentary)
A lot of scholarly effort has been put forth on this, but a satisfactory explanation will probably never be found. Geographically speaking, the flood disrupted the land forms to a great degree, obliterating much of the physical evidence. It is somewhat interesting and is Bible historical evidence only. Steve
Wow....that's a very wonderful picture description of Heaven...I'd be looking forward to seeing that place where there'll be no more pain, no more sorrows, no more pain and no more whatever worries we are loading in our hearts...",
Before we get there we should start, living an heavenly life here on Earth despite the trails face.
The Advent Prophetic Movement and the Path to Heaven
God raised up this land as the home of the free so that we have over 200 years to spread the gospel. There was papal oppression in Europe, so religious freedom was key to forming America. Even then, the early settlers passed Sunday laws that resulted in the deaths of some just for not attending church on Sunday.

In 1844 came the culmination of the Great Awakening and the Great Disappointment as William Miller interpreted Daniel 8:14 to mean Christ would return on Oct. 22, 1844, but it was actually the end of the Bibles longest time prophecy that meant Jesus had left the Holy compartment in heaven and then entered the Most Holy where the ark of the Covenant contained the Ten Commandments with the light shining upon the Fourth commandment.

Rev 4:1 After these things I saw, and behold, a door opened in heaven, and the first voice that I heard, a voice as of a trumpet speaking with me, one saying, Come up hither, and I will show thee the things which must come to pass hereafter.

As God opened the door to the Sabbath truth, Joseph Bates began to write tracts urging acceptance of the 7th Day Sabbath and then Ellen White and other pioneers accepted the 4th commandment as God gave Ellen G. White her first visions and the beginnings of the prophetic movement, The 7th Day Adventist Church was born.

The pioneers spent many long hours in prayer and Bible study as God revealed to them present truth and tore away the blinders upon error. God continued to give Ellen White visions and instruction as the foundations for this church was laid and Bible theology became clearer as God shined His light upon the Word.

At this same time, Satan became alarmed and rose up in opposition to the faith of Jesus and those who kept the commandments of God. He inspired his agents to fight against these commandment keepers as Charles Darwin wrote his Origin of the Species, the beginnings of evolutionist theory. Mormonism was becoming prolific across the west. Shortly after, Judge Rutherford and the Jehovah’s Witnesses began their church, along with Mary Baker Eddy and Christian Science Church. In 1848 the modern spiritualism movement began with the Fox sisters and the mysterious rapping as demons communicated with humans in different ways than they had before.

Ellen White and many other pioneers continued to be committed as God inspired them and they responded with deep humility and continued in prayer and searched the Scriptures. As time passed towards the 20th century, the SDA church continued to advance. God gave Ellen White earlier a vision of “streams of light going around the world” as our publishing work increased with presses around the world. We sent out missionaries, and Ellen White also traveled to other countries to establish the work along with schools and universities, with sanitariums as the right arm of the message.

Satan continued to attack the true church directly as fanaticism arose, and many were lead to teach legalism, and God found it necessary to give the 1888 message of righteousness by faith. A few years after, Jones and Waggoner both were lead to the other extreme and began to be soft on the commandments, confession of sin and repentance, then began the current 1888 Message Study Committee, Jack Sequeria, Desmond Ford, and A.F Ballenger who was defrocked for teaching the heresy of Universal Justification.

The church continued to be strong in the early 20th century, in most cases dealing swiftly and decisively with heresy and worldliness that tried to raise up its ugly head. In the 1950’s, Dr., Walter Martin prepared to write his significant work, Kingdom of the Cults. Some liberalistic elements in the SDA church became alarmed that SDA’s would be portrayed as a cult to the world, and formed a committee to write a book on doctrine now known as Questions on Doctrine. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Questions_on_Doctrine#cite_note-0

Le Roy Froom, Roy Allan Anderson, and Walter E. Read, are principle contributors to this work, though no authors are given in the title. QOD, (http://www.sdanet.org/atissue/books/qod/index.htm ) was an attempt to reconcile evangelical Christianity with Adventism, and tried to answer questions put to the SDA church by Dr. Martin about us. This book proved to be one of the most divisive elements ever to arise in Adventism. Augustinian errors crept in on the nature of Christ and original sin leading to the strengthening of the New Theology ,worldliness, and liberalism began to creep into the SDA church that continues unabated today.

A comparison of Bible prophecy, (Matt.24, Daniel and Revelation) with world historical events including the more current economic woes, catastrophic natural events, terrorism, the rising tide of wickedness in the world, increased spiritualism, shows we are truly in the last days of earths history.

At this same time, the SDA church has increased to more than 20 million. Adventists are taking the 3 angels messages to the world in spite of Satan’s attacks. Millions more will answer the call of Jesus and join the true church coming out of Babylon and committing to the Lord for the first time. The latter rain is imminent on the horizon. The stage is now set for the mark of the beast, Sunday sanctity is now promoted as never before by Pope Benedict and his agents around the world. Protestantism is becoming more corrupted as they continue to grasp the hand of the papacy in league with apostasy seeking compromise that fulfills prophecy.

America continues to speaks a dragon as it passes laws to specially protect gays and give them the legal benefits of marriage. Soon it may become illegal to teach that the Papacy is the sea beast of Revelation 13, The harlot of Revelation 17, and the little horn power of Daniel 7 and 8. We may be seen as “bashing” a certain group. Now is the time to work as never before to spread truth across the world.

Let’s keep our eyes upon the prize. Soon the Lord Jesus will make the awful pronouncement, “It is Done” and probation will be over. The Lord will then attire Himself in the garments of vengeance, as the wrath of the Lamb takes pre-imminence upon the world stage. Sabbath-keepers will be persecuted in every land, as evil men seek to slay them, as Satan inspires those with fury. As weapons are raised to slay the saints, angels in the form of men-of –war cause the weapons to fall useless to the ground, as no purpose for the death of the saints would serve as it did centuries previous, as the blood of the martyrs became the seed of the faith.

Soon, the sign of the Son of Man appears in the east as a small, dark cloud appears in the distance. The saints look up, recognizing the signs of their deliverance. The wicked flee in terror calling for the rocks and mountains to hide them from He who sits on the throne. The Son of God, in terrific majesty, descends on clouds of angels, wrapped in flaming fire as heaven is emptied for this world-shattering, monumental event. The saints look up in rapture as their faces become enlightened with the glory from Christ, as the multi-colored rainbow of promise encircles them. Mountains are moved out of their place, cities are broken down in ruin at the fierce anger of the Lord. Every eye is focused upon Jesus, including those who pierced Him.

The Son of Man calls the sleeping saints to life, in a moment, in a twinkling of an eye, the risen saints put on immortality and rise to meet the Lord in the air with glad shouts of triumph. Babies are borne to their mothers arms by Holy angels. The living saints are changed to everlasting immortality and rise to meet the resurrected sleeping saints in the air. The wicked are slain by the brightness of His coming, and Satan and his demons flee in terror fearing for their own lives.

The risen saints, Holy angels, and the Son of God, who condescended 2000 years before to become a man, suffer abuse at the hands of His enemies, and die the shameful, cruel death on the cross to rescue us from sin and death, now begin the week-long journey through space to the City of God to start the marriage Supper of the Lamb. Shouts of victory and glad songs of deliverance are sung by all as they sojourn through the stars, to the kingdom of everlasting righteousness. Won’t you decide to be there?

1Thess.4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven, with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first;
1Thess. 4:17 then we that are alive, that are left, shall together with them be caught up in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
1Thess. 4:18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
Steve
u really really want to see what Heaven will be like, click on this link!!! hehe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rooyt3ptNco
thanks, sky, little cute animals will be kissing each other for sure, as the lion lays down with lamb, the lamb will not have to worry about being dinner, and neither will we as we pet the lion, tigers, and bears. And best of all, swords will become plows to till the land.man will never learn war again!

Isa 11:6 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.
Isa 11:7 And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.
Isa 11:8 And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den.
Isa 11:9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea. Steve
thank you dear, it may be Sabbath where you are, may you have a happy joyous, one, jJsus loves you! Steve

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2018   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service