Adventist Online

Here is a discussion about the Man of Sin or the Anti-Christ.

This was asked of me as a bible question so here is where I'm posting the answer.  

VICARIUS FILII DEI
V = 5
I = 1
C = 100
A = 0
R = 0
I = 1
U = 5
S = 0
F = 0
I = 1
L = 50
I = 1
I = 1
D = 500
E = 0
I = 1
======= ======= =======
112 53 501
TOTAL 112 + 53 + 501 = 666

Hope this helps Samraj R.  It has been a blessing to me.  The information where I found this was found at amazingfacts.org  under storacles lessons.

Views: 908

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Paul added this verse at the end of his thought to avoid sending out the wrong message. If one read 1 Corinthians 14, (of course there were no chapters back then), One can think that Paul is against speaking in other languages when he said things like : 

Verse 6 Dear brothers and sisters,[c] if I should come to you speaking in an unknown language,[d] how would that help you?

It’s the same for you. If you speak to people in words they don’t understand, how will they know what you are saying? You might as well be talking into empty space.

10 There are many different languages in the world, and every language has meaning. 11 But if I don’t understand a language, I will be a foreigner to someone who speaks it, and the one who speaks it will be a foreigner to me. 

12 And the same is true for you. Since you are so eager to have the special abilities the Spirit gives, seek those that will strengthen the whole church.

18 I thank God that I speak in tongues more than any of you. 19 But in a church meeting I would rather speak five understandable words to help others than ten thousand words in an unknown language.

They all knew that Paul could speak in many different languages, but he wwas willing to speak five words in a language they understand that speak in an unknown language to them. 

23 if unbelievers or people who don’t understand these things come into your church meeting and hear everyone speaking in an unknown language, they will think you are crazy.

Then he added this thought to prevent misunderstanding: 

39 So, my dear brothers and sisters, be eager to prophesy, and don’t forbid speaking in tongues. 40 But be sure that everything is done properly and in order.

In other words ' I am not against speaking in foreign languages... '

Rabbittroup how many times have you read the bible? It is not fair for persons who don't know their bible to sit as judges of the sop.

How many times have you read the SOP? Are you a prophet?

I

Jason, I put my faith in God's word and his son Jesus Christ.  I don't need to be a prophet to do that.  The salvation that comes from that is meant for all regardless of how many times they read the bible.  You would be wise to remember that despite the bitterness it seems you have for someone preferring it over EGW's writings.

I have two questions for you.

1. During the Book of Acts period, despite the believers having only the Old Testament written, but these were kept in the temple and synagogues, yet they moved the Word dynamically with great signs, miracles and wonders, which despite the fact that today we have far more written Word then they had, the whole New and Old Testament. Yet the Book of Acts has not been duplicated or surpassed, even though God and the Holy Spirit has not changed?

How do you account for that? Since you believe the SDA is so special, why do we not see such miracles happen today?
The above two questions is addressed to JasonM, but it is a good question for all to contemplate. I know the answer, do you? There are still miracles etc., but The Book of Acts has not been surpassed, though there are glimpses of it on occasion.

JasonM, its not foreign languages, but speaking by the spirit of God. It is not primarilly for going to other countries and speaking their language. In fact the tongues spoken may or may not be known by someone, usually not, but is never known language of the person speaking in tongues. 

But the interpretation is always in the native language of the interpreter, but it is not like the U.N. interpreters. The person speaking in tongues, does not know the language but by faith the words are given by the holy spirit as he or she speaks, and when inspired to interpret, the words also flow out, the interpreter not knowing what will be said until he speaks it, as it is the Words from God and not the person, even though he must speak it with freedom of will and move the lips, tongue, vocal chords etc. as in regular speaking.

That is the way it is done, and way it has always been done.

The Greek word laleo is associated often with speaking in tongues, it means speaking without reference to the words being spoken, that is exactly how it is done, always.

When the practice lines up with the scriptures, then that is good practice and right doctrine combined.

I get a bit sharp with you, because you do not have accurate knowledge and understanding and experience in the holy spirit field, and should learn from those that do know, but you are not alone, that is most of Christianity, even many that "practice" according to how they have been taught and different doctrinal ideas, many false such as handling venomous snakes, drinking poisons etc., which are contrary to scripture and are completely out of order. Other things are less dangerous, but still may be inaccurate and lead to false premises and ideas etc.

Thanks James,

It seems Jason don't understand speaking in the Spirit and speaking foreign languages.

So Gene you agree with Mr. French that God has people speak in a language that is not a language.  I have witnessed "speaking in tongues" being faked and it is not evidence of being "Spirit" filled.  For the most part it is people just play acting because they under pressure to show they are "Spirit" filled.

Raymond,

The whole purpose of a language is communication. Do you believe God spoke to Adam or Moses, and in what language, English, Arabic? We don’t know this.  In 1 Corinthians 14:2 Paul says,

For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men, but to God. Indeed, no one understands him; he utters mysteries in the Spirit.

This is induced by the spirit; he utters mysteries in the Spirit. Speaking or learning to speak a foreign language is obviously not the same.

Gene says: "The whole purpose of a language is communication."

Yes! This is truth!

It really does not matter what was spoken in the past but what God through his Holy Spirit teaches us through his word today is what matters.

Jesus had difficult things to say about those in that day who would put on a show of prayer and fasting so that all could see them.  How is it different for someone to say they have the "Spirit" by speaking unintelligible words in a repetitious  pattern.  1 Corinthians 14:28 basically says to shut up.  Speaking in tongues is proof of nothing.  Witch doctors and devil worshipers can speak in ancient tongues. I am certain the devil knows a few ancient tongues.  

This is not rocket science. The real proof of the infilling of the Holy Spirit is a changed life.  A life that is changed and free from the sin.   I have rubbed elbows with plenty of Holy Rollers that smelled like booze and had mistresses. All the shouting and tongue speaking on Sunday morning did not change what they did on Saturday night.  

Raymond said, speaking in tongue is proof of nothing; I have to disagree.

Of course, I can’t attest to what you experienced or what you may have thought you experienced. You may have been like those watching the experience during Pentecost.

Acts 2:12And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one to another, What meaneth this? 13Others mocking said, These men are full of new wine… 15For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day. 16But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel…

You say, “speaking in tongue is proof of nothing,” but if you’re going to be consistence with the bible, that’s not for you to say. Again, the text reads,

For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men, but to God. Indeed, no one understands him; he utters mysteries in the Spirit.

You say, “The real proof of the infilling of the Holy Spirit is a changed life.”

This is true, but that’s not all.

1 Corinthians 12:7…Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. 8To one there is given through the Spirit the message of wisdom, to another the message of knowledge by the same Spirit… 10 to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in various tongues, and to still another the interpretation of tongues.…

Now, if you’re being consistent with the bible, you cannot deny the manifestation of the spirit through the speaking of various tongues.

What does all this mean? In the body of Christ there many spiritual gifts; the interpretation of tongues, there is also another distinguishing between spirits.

If a witch doctor is in the body, there is a spiritual gift to distinguish that. So, you not actually completely correct when you say the proof of the infilling of the Holy Spirit is a changed life.

Peace

Hi Gene and James , do you believe a person speaking in tongues is speaking with GOD?

Also, brother James said

James wrote: "It is not primarilly for going to other countries and speaking their language. "

If not "primarily", that's means we agree speaking in tongues is used to speak to people in their native language correct?

Blessings!

Reasoning,

Speaking in tongues is a spiritual gift, and from the biblical description it says.

For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men, but to God.

I think the SDA church tends to perhaps teach that anyone speaking in tongues now are speaking falsely or that this gift is no longer exist, or even that tongues is a foreign language.

When we pray, we pray to God, not to any person. Roman 8:26 points out,

…. the Spirit joins also its help to our weakness; for we do not know what we should pray for as is fitting, but the Spirit itself makes intercession with groanings which cannot be uttered.

In 1 Corinthians 13:1, Paul makes a distinction saying,

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a ringing gong or a clanging cymbal.

What are tongues of angels?

To pray in the spirit, I believe is a prayer which opens one up to a truer connection with God through the spirit as stated.

…but the Spirit itself makes intercession with groanings which cannot be uttered.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2017   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service