Adventist Online

Peace

 Brothers and sisters of the SDA movement, this post is to show that the teaching within the Church that GOD'S Holy set times are done away with is wrong. Teaching the annual Holy Days of GOD are done away with weakens some our reasoning on why we should observe the 7th Day Sabbath. Let me show you how.

 When SDA teach about the 7th Day Sabbath, we use several reasoning methods to show that the 7th Day Sabbath is not done away with as many Christians believe. 

 One of them is, it was Jesus' custom  to observed the 7th Sabbath, and we should do what Jesus did, He is our example. For me, this is the most powerful proof that the 7th Day Sabbath is not done away with... I never heard anyone say there are things Jesus did that we shouldn't do, I always heard if Jesus did it, we should do it. 

 However, when it comes to applying that same reasoning to the annual Holy Days of GOD, that's not good enough for many in the SDA Church on why we should observe them. To me that's illegal reasoning, because you can't apply a reasoning point to one subject (the 7th Day Sabbath) and not use or ignore that same point on another subject (the annual Holy Days) that's within the same context, GOD'S Holy appointed times. 

 Whatever Jesus did, we should do. I don't believe anyone here will dispute this. 

 

 EGW: "The example of Christ is authoritative for every son and daughter of Adam.He represented the law of God in His life, giving to men an example of what obedience to every precept will accomplish for human nature. He is our example, and every one who is endowed with reasoning faculties is required to follow in His footsteps; for His life is a perfect pattern to all humanity. Christ is the finished standard of the character to which every one may attain. . . ." SD p.137

 

 With that said, let's ask ourselves, did Jesus observe the annual Holy Days of GOD along with the 7th Day Sabbath.. The answer is Yes! 

 


EGW: [Passover]-- " In the days of Christ the people had grown cold and formal in their service to God. They thought more of their own pleasure than of His goodness to them. But it was not so with Jesus. He loved to think about God. As He came to the temple, He watched the priests in their work. He bowed with the worshipers as they knelt to pray, and His voice joined in the songs of praise." SJ p.31

EGW: "Also in the fifteenth day of the seventh month, when ye have gathered in the fruit of the land, ye shall keep a feast unto the Lord seven days: on the first day shall be a sabbath, and on the eighth day shall be a sabbath. And ye shall take you on the first day the boughs of goodly trees, branches of palm-trees, and the boughs of thick trees, and willows of the brook; and ye shall rejoice before the Lord your God seven days. And ye shall keep it a feast unto the Lord seven days in the year. It shall be a statute forever in your generations: ye shall celebrate it in the seventh month. Ye shall dwell in booths seven days; all that are Israelites born shall dwell in booths: that your generations may know that I made the children of Israel to dwell in booths, when I brought them out of the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God." It was to the celebration of this feast that Jesus came. RH July 7,1896

 When teaching about the 7th Day Sabbath, and Jesus observing the Holy day, for me it's a slam dunk reason on why we should observe the Sabbath. Again, I never heard anyone say there are things that Jesus did that we shouldn't do. I always heard if Jesus did it, then it's good for us to do.

  


Lets look after the cross, is GOD'S people observing the Holy feast days of GOD? Lets look at Luke, Paul and converts, which were mostly gentiles

 
EGW: "At Philippi Paul tarried to keep the Passover. Only Luke remained with him, the other members of the company passing on to Troas to await him there. The Philippians were the most loving and truehearted of the apostle’s converts, and during the eight days of the feast he enjoyed peaceful and happy communion with them." AA p.390

  Luke, Paul and his Phillippian converts kept the whole eight days of the feast. If I'm not mistaken, this is about 20 something years after Jesus' death and resurrection. 

 Their actions is positive proof that the annual Holy Days of GOD were still being kept by Christian Jews and Gentiles. Again, this is the same reasoning towards the 7th Day Sabbath, 

 

Joe Crews: "In Acts 16:13 we have positive proof that Paul kept the Sabbath even when there was no synagogue and no Jews. He was ministering in Greece, where there were only a few scattered Jews and no synagogue at all. What did he do on the Sabbath? “And on the sabbath we went out of the city by a river side, where prayer was wont to be made; and we sat down, and spoke unto the women which resorted thither.”
Even with no church to attend, the apostle sought out a spot where religious worship was carried on—a place of prayer by the river—and preached to those who went there. Surely, no one can fail to discern Paul’s deep commitment to the Sabbath as we follow him in this unusual outdoor mission. Just suppose this Macedonian experience had taken place on the first day of the week instead of the Sabbath. Without question, it would be cited as absolute evidence for Sunday worship, and we would have to concur. But what possible arguments can one present against this example of Paul in true Sabbath keeping."

 Let's get some commentary from Steve Wohlberg Of White horse media, it's the tenth reason on why The Sabbath is not just for the Jewish people.


Steve Wohlberg (White horse media) wrote: " 10) Luke was a Gentile who kept the Sabbath. Luke was the only Gentile who wrote any New Testament books (he wrote The Gospel According to St. Luke and The Acts of the Apostles). Luke traveled with Paul and wrote, “On the Sabbath we went out of the city by a river side.” Acts 16:13. It was the seventh-day Sabbath, the memorial of the creation (see Ex. 20:11). Both Luke and Paul knew it."

 Applying that same reasoning, which is a good reasoning to use for SDA to use when teaching why we should be still observing the 7th Day Sabbath, it is one of the reasons that led me to understanding the Sabbath truth, because like people say, actions speaks louder than words... Taking that same reasoning and applying it to the annual Holy Days of GOD must be good too.

 EGW: "At Philippi Paul tarried to keep the Passover. Only Luke remained with him, the other members of the company passing on to Troas to await him there. The Philippians were the most loving and truehearted of the apostle’s converts, and during the eight days of the feast he enjoyed peaceful and happy communion with them." AA p.390

 Surly no one should believe they were sacrificing animals during this Passover celebration, so the argument that if we want to observe the annual Holy Days we must sacrifice animals, that holds no weight.

 Those who say we must be in Jerusalem to properly observe the annual Holy Days of GOD, that holds no weight. They were in Phillippi, not Jerusalem.  These are points of view that many SDA hold, because it's being taught by our teachers. 

 I highly respect Doug Batchelor, probably the most recognized SDA today.. I heard him teach on why Christians are not obligated to observe the annual Holy Days of GOD... some of them are, The Ten Commandments are written on stone, and annual Holy Days are written on paper, another one is, The Ten Commandments are inside the Ark and the commandments about the annual Holy Days are on the side of the Ark.. None of that holds any weight, because SDA fully understand that there are commandments written on that paper and put on the side of the Ark that we say are still binding, like the health laws.

 

 

Doug Batchelor: "2. Why did God give health principles to His people?
"The Lord commanded us to observe all these statutes, to fear the Lord our God, for our good always, that He might preserve us alive” (Deuteronomy 6:24).
“You shall serve the Lord your God, and He will bless your bread and your water. And I will take sickness away from the midst of you” (Exodus 23:25).

Answer: God gave health principles because He knows what is best for the human body. Automobile manufacturers place an operations manual in the glove compartment of each new car because they know what is best for their creation. God, who made our bodies, also has an “operations manual.” It is the Bible. Ignoring God’s “operations manual” often results in disease, twisted thinking, and burned-out lives, just as abusing a car can result in serious car trouble. Following God’s principles results in “saving health” (Psalm 67:2 KJV) and more abundant life (John 10:10). With our cooperation, God can use these great health laws to significantly reduce and eliminate the effects of the diseases of Satan (Psalm 103:2, 3)."

  The argument that the annual Holy Days of GOD are done away with because they are written on paper and on the side of the Ark, and at the same time saying laws (health) written on the same paper and placed on the side of the Ark are still binding shows that we shouldn't throw the baby out with the bath water. We have to properly identify what is the moral laws and what was ceremonial temple worship laws (the bath water).  We find that out by the actions of Jesus and the Apostles. Again, Jesus observed the annual Holy Days of GOD, so without a doubt we can say they are moral.

 EGW: "In consequence of continual transgression, the moral law was repeated in awful grandeur from Sinai. Christ gave to Moses religious precepts which were to govern the everyday life. These statutes were explicitly given to guard the ten commandments. They were not shadowy types to pass away with the death of Christ. They were to be binding upon man in every age as long as time should last. These commands were enforced by the power of the moral law, and they clearly and definitely explained that law. "–  RH May 6, 1875 

 The term ceremonial feast days is used often, but the term is not used nowhere in the Bible or SOP in the writings of EGW. But unfortunately many SDA use the term to strengthen their argument on why we shouldn't observe the annual Holy Days. Of course when we hear ceremonial, we automatically know the ceremonial laws was done away with at the Cross. So ceremonial is attached to the annual Holy Days. There were ceremonies done on all of GOD'S Holy Days including the 7th Day Sabbath , but the day itself is not a ceremony. 

 

 Where does this teaching come from? Who takes responsibility for trying to change GOD'S annual Holy Days? It's the same people who thinks to change times and laws, the Roman Catholic Church!

 

Daniel 7:25 (King James Version)
"And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.


 Most SDA know this verse, and we mainly apply it to the Sabbath, but it's talking about the Feast days as well... Lets go to several other translations of the Bible... It sheds more light on what these "times"(Plural) are..


Daniel 7:25 (Amplified Bible)
"And he shall speak words against the Most High [God] and shall wear out the saints of the Most High and think to change the time [of sacred feasts and holy days] and the law; and the saints shall be given into his hand for a time, two times, and half a time [three and one-half years].


Daniel 7:25 (New Living Translation)
"He will defy the Most High and oppress the holy people of the Most High. He will try to change their sacred festivals and laws, and they will be placed under his control for a time, times, and half a time.


Dan. 7:25 (New American Bible)

"He shall speak against the Most High and oppress the holy ones of the Most High, thinking to change the feast days and the law. They shall be handed over to him for a time, times, and half a time


Daniel 7:25Christian Standard Bible (CSB)

25 He will speak words against the Most High and oppress[a] the holy ones of the Most High. He will intend to change religious festivals and laws, and the holy ones will be handed over to him for a time, times, and half a time.


Daniel 7:25 GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)

25 He will speak against the Most High God, oppress the holy people of the Most High, and plan to change the appointed times and laws. The holy people will be handed over to him for a time, times, and half of a time.

Daniel 7:25Good News Translation (GNT)

25 He will speak against the Supreme God and oppress God's people. He will try to change their religious laws and festivals, and God's people will be under his power for three and a half years.


Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

25 He will speak words against the Most High and oppress[a] the holy ones of the Most High. He will intend to change religious festivals[b] and laws, and the holy ones will be handed over to him for a time, times, and half a time

   AT Jones gives a History lesson in the book Great empires of Prophecy, he said


"From Rome there came now another addition to the sunworshipping apostasy. The first Christians being mostly Jews, continued to celebrate, in remembrance of the death of Christ, the true Passover; and this was continued among those who from among the Gentles had turned to Christ. Accordingly, the celebration was always on the Passover day, the fourteenth of the first month. Rome, however, and from her all the West, adopted the day of the sun as the day of this coloration. According to the Eastern custom, the celebration, being on the fourteenth day of the month, would of course fall on different days of the week as the years resolved. The rule of Rome was that the celebration must always be on a Sunday." (Great Empires of Prophecy, 1898, p. 389 by A.T. Jones)

 At SDA crusades we like to show the Roman Catholic Church speaking these words against The Most High, and admitting they are the reason for this attempted change. Let see,

 For 25 Years Father Enright Offers $1,000 For A Bible Verse Commanding Sunday Observance:

“Dear Friend, I have
offered and still offer $1000 to any one who can prove to me from
the Bible alone that I am bound, under grievous sin to keep
Sunday holy. It was the Catholic Church which made the law
obliging us to keep Sunday holy. The church made this law long
after the Bible was written. Hence said law is not in the Bible.
Christ, our Lord empowered his church to make laws binding in
conscience. He said to his apostles and their lawful sucessors in
the priesthood “Whatsoever you shall bind on earth shall be
binding in heaven.” Matthew 16:19. Matthew 18:17. Luke 16:19.
The Cath. Church abolished not only the Sabbath, but all the other Jewish festivals. Pray and study. I shall be always glad to help you as long as you honestly seek the truth. Respectfully, T.
Enright CSSR.” June 1905

  It's not just the 7th Day Sabbath people of GOD, they take credit for trying to abolish the annual Holy Days of GOD too. Let's check out some more..

 This from the Catholic Catechism, by Peter Cardinal Gasparri, translated by the Rev. Hugh Pope, O.P., second printing, copyright 1932 and printed by P. J. Kenedy & Sons, Typographi Pontificii, 12 Barclay Street, New York, questions 203-206, pages 120-121.


(204) What were the festival days in the Old Testament?

In the Old Testament there were many festival days, but the chief one was the Sabbath, the very name of which signifies the rest needful for the worship of God, whence it is called "the day of rest."


"(205) Why is the Sabbath day not observed under the New Testament?

The Sabbath day is not observed under the New Testament, because in its place the Church keeps Sunday in honor of the Resurrection of Jesus Christ, and the coming down of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost; the Church also adds other festival days.

(206) To what, then, are we bound nowadays as regards keeping festival days holy?

As regards keeping festival days holy we are to-day bound to sanctify, in the manner proscribed by the Church, the Sundays and other Feast days appointed by her."

   This is from the Catechism of Pope Pius X:

2 Q. What are festivals?

A. In the Old Law they were Saturdays and certain other days regarded as specially solemn by the Jews; in the New Law they are Sundays and other festivals instituted by the Church

 Again, we know these statements all to well, however this shows it wasn't just the 7th Day Sabbath trying to be done away with by the Catholic Church, but the annual Holy Days of GOD as well. 

   After Paul's time, we see from the facts of history that this battle continued, there were Christians that were Gentiles like Polycrates that observed the annual Holy time of GOD when HE said to observe it, and not listen to the Catholic Church. 

 Polycrates wrote:  "We observe the exact day; neither adding, nor taking away. For in Asia also great lights have fallen asleep, which shall rise again on the day of the Lord's coming, when he shall come with glory from heaven, and shall seek out all the saints. Among these are Philip, one of the twelve apostles, who fell asleep in Hierapolis; and his two aged virgin daughters, and another daughter, who lived in the Holy Spirit and now rests at Ephesus; and, moreover, John, who was both a witness and a teacher, who reclined upon the bosom of the Lord, and, being a priest, wore the sacerdotal plate. He fell asleep at Ephesus. And Polycarp in Smyrna, who was a bishop and martyr; and Thraseas, bishop and martyr from Eumenia, who fell asleep in Smyrna. Why need I mention the bishop and martyr Sagaris who fell asleep in Laodicea, or the blessed Papirius, or Melito, the Eunuch who lived altogether in the Holy Spirit, and who lies in Sardis, awaiting the episcopate from heaven, when he shall rise from the dead? All these observed the fourteenth day of the passover according to the Gospel, deviating in no respect, but following the rule of faith. And I also, Polycrates, the least of you all, do according to the tradition of my relatives, some of whom I have closely followed. For seven of my relatives were bishops; and I am the eighth. And my relatives always observed the day when the people put away the leaven. I, therefore, brethren, who have lived sixty-five years in the Lord, and have met with the brethren throughout the world, and have gone through every Holy Scripture, am not affrighted by terrifying words. For those greater than I have said ' We ought to obey God rather than man' --- (Eusebius. Church History, Book V, Chapter 24. Translated by Arthur Cushman McGiffert. Excerpted from Nicene and Post-Nicene Fathers, Series Two, Volume 1. Edited by Philip Schaff and Henry Wace. American Edition, 1890. Online Edition Copyright © 2004 by K. Knight; also Eusebius. The History of the Church, Book 5, Chapter XXIV. Digireads.com, 2005, p. 115).

  He covered from the Apostles to his time, and all observed the Passover on the day that GOD prescribed, the 14th day of the first month. 

 So the question many SDA have to ask themselves is, why are we taking the side of the Catholic Church in regards to the annual Holy Days of GOD and saying they are done away with, and not the side of Jesus, the apostles, and the early Christian church who continued to observed them? 

 

Blessings!

Views: 963

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ok brother,  peace be onto you. Stay where you are.

Peace 

  

   Jason wrote: "Ok brother, peace be onto you. Stay where you are."

 Thank you brother Jason, I'm going stay where the truth is my brother. You refuse to answer questions and reason with me... your just posting things that seems to advocate what you believe. If that's the case, then it would be hard for you and I to move forward. But thank you for your time.  

 The annual Holy days of GOD were not done away with or abolished.. As you can see from the actions of the early church three hundred years after the cross. Your saying one thing and their actions are saying another. 

 No where are these days called 'ceremonial feast days', but that's a term used when talking about them amongst SDA.. It's a term that I don't find in the Bible or SOP in the writings of EGW. Where did come from? 

  

 Mal.4:4 Remember ye the law of Moses my servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, with the statutes and judgments.

5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord:

6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

 
 EGW: "In consequence of continual transgression, the moral law was repeated in awful grandeur from Sinai. Christ gave to Moses religious precepts which were to govern the everyday life. These statutes were explicitly given to guard the ten commandments. They were not shadowy types to pass away with the death of Christ. They were to be binding upon man in every age as long as time should last. These commands were enforced by the power of the moral law, and they clearly and definitely explained that law. "– RH May 6, 1875

 blessings! 

Hello Reasoning

Reasoning wrote: “Brother Ian, you and Jason are posting quotes that doesn't say one thing about the annual Holy days of GOD. It's just not there.”

Indeed as for my part, I do not believe the Passover has any significance as I pointed out in the last post of mine …

“The Lord Jesus the same night in which He was betrayed took bread: and when He had given thanks, He brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is My body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of Me. After the same manner also He took the cup, when He had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in My blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of Me. For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do show the Lord’s death till He come.” 1 Corinthians 11:23-26. {DA 652.1}

Christ was standing at the point of transition between two economies and their two great festivals. He, the spotless Lamb of God, was about to present Himself as a sin offering, that He would thus bring to an end the system of types and ceremonies that for four thousand years had pointed to His death. As He ate the Passover with His disciples, He instituted in its place the service that was to be the memorial of His great sacrifice. The national festival of the Jews was to pass away forever. The service which Christ established was to be observed by His followers in all lands and through all ages. {DA 652.2

The Passover was ordained as a commemoration of the deliverance of Israel from Egyptian bondage. God had directed that, year by year, as the children should ask the meaning of this ordinance, the history should be repeated. Thus the wonderful deliverance was to be kept fresh in the minds of all. The ordinance of the Lord’s Supper was given to commemorate the great deliverance wrought out as the result of the death of Christ. Till He shall come the second time in power and glory, this ordinance is to be celebrated. It is the means by which His great work for us is to be kept fresh in our minds. {DA 652.3}

Perhaps you do not read my posts EGW clearly states that the Passover is replaced with the Holy Supper Clearly it is not abolished but it has been replaced with something better and superior.

Reasoning wrote: “Also brother Ian, you keep saying you don't believe the annual Holy days of GOD are abolished. I ask you this question a few times and I don't believe I seen an answer. I will ask again, do you disagree with all the "well educated" SDA teachers in that the annual Holy days of GOD are abolished?”

As I said it is not abolished but it has been replaced with something better and superior just as the ordinance of circumcision has

I apologize for not responding sooner

God Bless

Peace 

 

  Once again, It's not saying what your implying... It's not saying the annual Holy days of GOD are passed away forever. Let's put the microscope on it


EGW: "The national festival of the Jews was to pass away forever. The service which Christ established was to be observed by His followers in all lands and through all ages. DA p.652


 I know on the surface it appears like she's saying the annual Holy days of GOD themselves are passed away forever, but if you look closer she is talking about it being a national festival, in other words, she's talking about it being in Jerusalem, it was a requirement to be in Jerusalem during the annual Holy days of GOD.. That is what made it a national festival, and that is what was passed away forever. 


 To show that is what she's talking about notice what she wrote in the next sentence, she said the New Testament ceremonies that Jesus instituted was to observed by His followers ".. in all lands..".

 Just to be sure, we see by the actions of Luke, Paul and his converts in Phillppi that they didn't stop observing the annual Holy days of GOD, why? Because Jesus didn't do away with His annual Holy Convocations, they didn't pass away forever. 


 EGW: "At Philippi, Paul tarried to keep the Passover. Only Luke remained with him, the other members of the company passing on to Troas to await him there. The Philippians were the most loving and truehearted of the apostle’s converts, and during the eight days of the feast he enjoyed peaceful and happy communion with them." AA p.390


 You have to be careful in making inspiration clash with inspiration, SOP is not saying in one place the annual Holy days are passed away forever, and in another place say they were observing the annual Holy days of GOD.
 These actions of Luke, Paul and his converts in Phillppi shows the annual Holy days of GOD aren't passed away, the annual Holy days of GOD could be observed in other lands, "in all lands"... It wasn't just a national festival anymore, in other words it wasn't a requirement to be in Jerusalem, because that requirement has passed away forever.

 To be more sure the annual Holy days of GOD didn't pass away forever, we see in history some three hundred years after the cross the annual Holy Convocations of GOD being observed.

 Polycrates wrote: "We observe the exact day; neither adding, nor taking away. For in Asia also great lights have fallen asleep, which shall rise again on the day of the Lord's coming, when he shall come with glory from heaven, and shall seek out all the saints. Among these are Philip, one of the twelve apostles, who fell asleep in Hierapolis; and his two aged virgin daughters, and another daughter, who lived in the Holy Spirit and now rests at Ephesus; and, moreover, John, who was both a witness and a teacher, who reclined upon the bosom of the Lord, and, being a priest, wore the sacerdotal plate. He fell asleep at Ephesus. And Polycarp in Smyrna, who was a bishop and martyr; and Thraseas, bishop and martyr from Eumenia, who fell asleep in Smyrna. Why need I mention the bishop and martyr Sagaris who fell asleep in Laodicea, or the blessed Papirius, or Melito, the Eunuch who lived altogether in the Holy Spirit, and who lies in Sardis, awaiting the episcopate from heaven, when he shall rise from the dead? All these observed the fourteenth day of the passover according to the Gospel, deviating in no respect, but following the rule of faith. And I also, Polycrates, the least of you all, do according to the tradition of my relatives, some of whom I have closely followed. For seven of my relatives were bishops; and I am the eighth. And my relatives always observed the day when the people put away the leaven. I, therefore, brethren, who have lived sixty-five years in the Lord, and have met with the brethren throughout the world, and have gone through every Holy Scripture, am not affrighted by terrifying words. For those greater than I have said ' We ought to obey God rather than man' --- (Eusebius. Church History, Book V, Chapter 24. Translated by Arthur Cushman McGiffert. Excerpted from Nicene and Post-Nicene Fathers, Series Two, Volume 1. Edited by Philip Schaff and Henry Wace. American Edition, 1890. Online Edition Copyright © 2004 by K. Knight; also Eusebius. The History of the Church, Book 5, Chapter XXIV. Digireads.com, 2005, p. 115).

  So after the cross, Luke, Paul and his converts, Philip, John, Christian martyrs continued to observe the annual Holy days of GOD... the annual Holy days of GOD didn't pass away forever brother Ian. 

  
 Ian wrote: "As I said the Passover is not abolished but it has been replaced with something better and superior just as the ordinance of circumcision has"


 Again , we are talking specifically about the Passover days, which are annual Holy days of GOD, Holy Convocations (Lev.23).
I know you said the Passover days are not abolished, but do you understand most teachers in the SDA Church teach that they are abolished? Why do you disagree with the wide held belief of most SDA teachers?

 
 If we ask Jason , I'm sure he'll tell you the Passover days are abolished, the reason being, he believes what SDA teach on this subject. Why don't you?
 

 Blessings!

  

Hello Reasoning

Reasoning wrote: If we ask Jason , I'm sure he'll tell you the Passover days are abolished, the reason being, he believes what SDA teach on this subject. Why don't you?

Reasoning wrote: “I know you said the Passover days are not abolished, but do you understand most teachers in the SDA Church teach that they are abolished? Why do you disagree with the wide held belief of most SDA teachers?”

Yes, good question I have heard some things from SDA teachers I do not agree with, I have seen some things done I do not agree with. They may say that the Passover is done away with, but the Bible does not say so. These teachers and leaders are only humans and clearly, the Holy Spirit does not always guide them. As I said just as circumcision the Passover has been replaced by something better. The Bible does not say it is abolished. But on the other hand, we have only one witness in the bible that it was celebrated. That to me makes your standpoint a bit weak as we would prefer at least two witnesses.

But yes those who like to keep Passover are free to do so as apostle Paul said: Rom 14:5  One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. 

Clearly, my friend you are persuaded in your mind. And that is good and honorable, no one has the right to chide you about it.

What I understand what you are saying is That EGW did not really mean what she wrote Let us examine it again she wrote:

EGW: Christ was standing at the point of transition between two economies and their two great festivals. He, the spotless Lamb of God, was about to present Himself as a sin offering, that He would thus bring to an end the system of types and ceremonies that for four thousand years had pointed to His death. As He ate the Passover with His disciples, He instituted in its place the service that was to be the memorial of His great sacrifice. The national festival of the Jews was to pass away forever. The service which Christ established was to be observed by His followers in all lands and through all ages. {DA 652.2

The Passover was ordained as a commemoration of the deliverance of Israel from Egyptian bondage. God had directed that, year by year, as the children should ask the meaning of this ordinance, the history should be repeated. Thus the wonderful deliverance was to be kept fresh in the minds of all. The ordinance of the Lord’s Supper was given to commemorate the great deliverance wrought out as the result of the death of Christ. Till He shall come the second time in power and glory, this ordinance is to be celebrated. It is the means by which His great work for us is to be kept fresh in our minds. {DA 652.3}

1 Christ was standing at the point of transition between two economies and their two great festivals

2 He would thus bring to an end the system of types and ceremonies that for four thousand years had pointed to His death

3 He instituted in its place the service that was to be the memorial of His great sacrifice.

4 The national festival of the Jews was to pass away forever.

5 The service which Christ established was to be observed by His followers in all lands and through all ages

6 The Passover was ordained as a commemoration of the deliverance of Israel from Egyptian bondage.

7 The ordinance of the Lord’s Supper was given to commemorate the great deliverance wrought out as the result of the death of Christ.

8 It is the means by which His great work for us is to be kept fresh in our minds. ( The ordinance of the Lord’s Supper)

I do not know how to make this any clearer

God Bless and have a Blessed Sabbath

Peace 

 Ian wrote: "Yes, good question I have heard some things from SDA teachers I do not agree with, I have seen some things done I do not agree with. They may say that the Passover is done away with, but the Bible does not say so. These teachers and leaders are only humans and clearly, the Holy Spirit does not always guide them. As I said just as circumcision the Passover has been replaced by something better."

  Yes, I understand you putting the annual Holy Convocations of GOD on the same level as circumcision, but the Bible clearly says it's nothing after the death of Jesus on the cross. Very clear.. do you have that same wording in regards to the annual Holy days of GOD?  despite what's settled in your mind, it doesn't make it so. 

 If I was someone who taught the annual Holy days of GOD didn't have to be observed anymore after the cross like the majority of SDA believe, then I would have to go with the majority of SDA. It would because they are done away with or abolished at the cross. I would look at your view as unsustainable... Very simply, if the annual Holy days of GOD wasn't abolished then that means we should still be observing them.

 Thank GOD you see that the facts of history and actions of the early church showIng the annual Holy days of GOD weren't done away with or abolished at the cross. I don't think you know your leaning more my way in regards to this subject. 

  Ian wrote: "The Bible does not say it is abolished. But on the other hand, we have only one witness in the bible that it was celebrated. That to me makes your standpoint a bit weak as we would prefer at least two witnesses."

   Thank you brother Ian, it's what I've been trying to show many SDA, the annual Holy days of GOD are not done away with or abolished at the cross by the death of Jesus.

 As far as your claim of having one witness, it's not true, I've presented many things. As I will show in a minute, even though it's in the original post.

 My standpoint can't be weak because I'm half way there according to your thinking, you need two witnesses right? Your satisfied with the example of Luke, Paul and his converts as proving the annual Holy days of GOD didn't stop being observed, and we should follow their example. I just got one more to go to convince you. 


 Ian wrote: "But yes those who like to keep Passover are free to do so as apostle Paul said: Rom 14:5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.  Clearly, my friend you are persuaded in your mind. And that is good and honorable, no one has the right to chide you about it."

   I'm persuaded by the evidence... The number 1 evidence is Jesus observed the annual Holy days of GOD, next the apostles observed the annual Holy days of GOD after the cross. That's 1 & 2 witnesses, you want more? let's go to the facts of history. 

  "From Rome there came now another addition to the sunworshipping apostasy. The first Christians being mostly Jews, continued to celebrate, in remembrance of the death of Christ, the true Passover; and this was continued among those who from among the Gentles had turned to Christ. Accordingly, the celebration was always on the Passover day, the fourteenth of the first month. Rome, however, and from her all the West, adopted the day of the sun as the day of this coloration. According to the Eastern custom, the celebration, being on the fourteenth day of the month, would of course fall on different days of the week as the years resolved. The rule of Rome was that the celebration must always be on a Sunday." (Great Empires of Prophecy, 1898, p. 389 by A.T. Jones)

 Polycrates wrote: "We observe the exact day; neither adding, nor taking away. For in Asia also great lights have fallen asleep, which shall rise again on the day of the Lord's coming, when he shall come with glory from heaven, and shall seek out all the saints. Among these are Philip, one of the twelve apostles, who fell asleep in Hierapolis; and his two aged virgin daughters, and another daughter, who lived in the Holy Spirit and now rests at Ephesus; and, moreover, John, who was both a witness and a teacher, who reclined upon the bosom of the Lord, and, being a priest, wore the sacerdotal plate. He fell asleep at Ephesus. And Polycarp in Smyrna, who was a bishop and martyr; and Thraseas, bishop and martyr from Eumenia, who fell asleep in Smyrna. Why need I mention the bishop and martyr Sagaris who fell asleep in Laodicea, or the blessed Papirius, or Melito, the Eunuch who lived altogether in the Holy Spirit, and who lies in Sardis, awaiting the episcopate from heaven, when he shall rise from the dead? All these observed the fourteenth day of the passover according to the Gospel, deviating in no respect, but following the rule of faith. And I also, Polycrates, the least of you all, do according to the tradition of my relatives, some of whom I have closely followed. For seven of my relatives were bishops; and I am the eighth. And my relatives always observed the day when the people put away the leaven. I, therefore, brethren, who have lived sixty-five years in the Lord, and have met with the brethren throughout the world, and have gone through every Holy Scripture, am not affrighted by terrifying words. For those greater than I have said ' We ought to obey God rather than man' --- (Eusebius. Church History, Book V, Chapter 24. Translated by Arthur Cushman McGiffert. Excerpted from Nicene and Post-Nicene Fathers, Series Two, Volume 1. Edited by Philip Schaff and Henry Wace. American Edition, 1890. Online Edition Copyright © 2004 by K. Knight; also Eusebius. The History of the Church, Book 5, Chapter XXIV. Digireads.com, 2005, p. 115).

 After the cross, the facts of history shows the apostles Philip & John continued to observe the annual Holy days of GOD as well.. that's four apostles so far.. also 3 martyrs too... and three other people are mentioned as well, that's Philip's two daughters, Polycarp, Papirius, and Melito.. and what did they do some three Hundred years after the cross?

  "All these observed the fourteenth day of the passover according to the Gospel, deviating in no respect,.." 

Polycrates too.... 

  "And I also, Polycrates, the least of you all, do according to the tradition of my relatives, some of whom I have closely followed. For seven of my relatives were bishops; and I am the eighth. And my relatives always observed the day when the people put away the leaven." 

  Please, stop saying there isn't enough proof of the annual Holy days of GOD being observed after the cross. With all due respect, your telling a lie when you say that. Do you deny these facts of history? Again, this is about three hundred years after the cross. 

 
  Ian wrote: "What I understand what you are saying is That EGW did not really mean what she wrote Let us examine it again she wrote:

   You can read and examine what you think it's saying, but the point I'm showing is that the actions of the early Christians, the apostles, to Gentiles Christians, they didn't stop observing the Holy set days of GOD. Polycrates wrote to Rome saying,

  he  ".. lived sixty-five years in the Lord, and have met with the brethren throughout the world, and have gone through every Holy Scripture, am not affrighted by terrifying words. For those greater than I have said ' We ought to obey God rather than man'

 Here's another witness, Oct. 22, 1844, the Day of Atonement... After the cross GOD shows us HE is still using HIS annual Holy days, that's one thousand eight hundred forty four years after the cross. 

 and another witness, 

 Zech 14:  16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

17 And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.

18 And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the Lord will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

  Let's not pretend I haven't shown proof or "witness" for what I believe... Not only the Bible and SOP in the writings of EGW is acceptable, but facts of history is as well. Again, what I have presented far exceeds the at least two witness criteria that you require for you to believe the annual Holy Convocations of GOD were not forgotten by the early church. They were still honored and observed. Why? Because the annual Holy days/Convocations of GOD are moral. Gathering together to worship GOD is moral. 

 Again, your satisfied with one witness already... Brother Ian, your leaning more my way than you know apparently, you don't believe the annual Holy days of GOD are abolished, and you see one witness (even though it's much more) to show what I'm presenting is true. 

 

 Continue .. 
 

 Ian posted: "1 Christ was standing at the point of transition between two economies and their two great festivals"


 Nothing saying the annual Holy days of GOD are done away with or abolished. As you agree already.


 Ian posted: "2 He would thus bring to an end the system of types and ceremonies that for four thousand years had pointed to His death"


   But you don't believe Jesus brought a end to the annual Holy days of GOD. That shows they are not ceremonial law.. 


 Ian posted: "3 He instituted in its place the service that was to be the memorial of His great sacrifice."


 Yes, He instituted the NT ceremonies in place of the OT ceremonies.. But nothing saying the Holy days themselves were done away with. 


 Ian posted: "4 The national festival of the Jews was to pass away forever."
 Ian posted: "5 The service which Christ established was to be observed by His followers in all lands and through all ages"
 

 I know on the surface it appears like she's saying the annual Holy days of GOD themselves are passed away forever, but if you look closer she is talking about it being a national festival, in other words, she's talking about it being in Jerusalem, it was a requirement to be in Jerusalem during the annual Holy days of GOD.. That is what made it a national festival, and that is what was passed away forever.
 To show that is what she's talking about notice what she wrote in the next sentence, she said the New Testament ceremonies that Jesus instituted was to observed by His followers ".. in all lands..".
 Just to be sure, we see by the actions of Luke, Paul and his converts in Phillppi that they didn't stop observing the annual Holy days of GOD, why? Because Jesus didn't do away with His annual Holy Convocations, they didn't pass away forever.


 Ian wrote: "As for why keeping the Passover, has me stumped as I understand there is no salvific significance for doing it and as you point out that it was not abolished by Jesus or any Apostle."

 Ian wrote: "Although EGW does not say directly that the Passover is to be abolished."

 Ian wrote: "Now I should say that Jesus did not abolish it and as you have pointed out prominent early Christians like Paul and Polycarp were keeping it"

  
  Thank you my brother.. When we say abolished, it's the same as being done away with, or being pass away forever... Do you see the problem you have? In one place you posted EGW saying the national festival (you assuming that means the annual days of Holy Convocation themselves) is pass away forever and in another place we see that they weren't passed away forever/done away with/ abolished.
 You already agree that the annual Holy days of GOD are not passed away forever, done away with, or abolished, so you can't think EGW is talking about the annual Holy days of GOD themselves as being "pass away forever". 



 Ian posted: "6 The Passover was ordained as a commemoration of the deliverance of Israel from Egyptian bondage."

 Ian posted: "7 The ordinance of the Lord’s Supper was given to commemorate the great deliverance wrought out as the result of the death of Christ."

 Ian posted: "8 It is the means by which His great work for us is to be kept fresh in our minds. ( The ordinance of the Lord’s Supper)"


 None of this says the annual Holy days of GOD are done away with... The early Christian church understood that. They understood everything EGW writes about above, however they still observe the annual Holy days/Holy Convocations of GOD... Holy days HE likens to the 7th day Sabbath by calling them a sabbath. SDA teach that their example, especially Jesus' example is good to follow. If they observe the annual Holy days of GOD, then we should as well.  

 Blessings!

Peace 

  Brother Ian, I'm thinking if you don't accept what I'm explaining... Then you might have to accept what brother Jason and the majority of SDA believe and teach... That the annual Holy days of GOD are abolished/done away with at the cross. 

 Because we as SDA try to teach the Christian world that the 7th Day Sabbath is not abolished at the cross... and we teach since The Sabbath is not abolished, then that means we are commanded to observe the weekly Holy day of GOD. 

 You believing the annual Holy days of GOD are not abolished at the cross must mean we should be observing them as well. 

Bless!

 

Thanks for your reply Reasoning. 

Reasoning wroteBrother Ian, I'm thinking if you don't accept what I'm explaining... Then you might have to accept what brother Jason and the majority of SDA believe and teach... That the annual Holy days of GOD are abolished/done away with at the cross. 

I seem to stand somewhere in between your viewpoint and Jason's and the rest of the church. As you have seen I think the festival has been replaced with ordinances that are superior to the Passover. As I said before, it has not been put on the cross but has lost its significance when Jesus instituted the ordinances that were pointing to "The ordinance of the Lord’s Supper was given to commemorate the great deliverance wrought out as the result of the death of Christ" EGW. 

As I see it Just like the circumcision it has lost its significance as EGW said, "The Passover was ordained as a commemoration of the deliverance of Israel from Egyptian bondage. God had directed that year by year, as the children should ask the meaning of this ordinance, the history should be repeated. Thus the wonderful deliverance was to be kept fresh in the minds of all."  

I note you have addressed these points and therefore I think we need to "agree to disagree"

God bless you my brother and I pray we can remain friends. 

 

Peace 

  Of course we can remain friends brother Ian, just because we might have to agree to disagree on this particular subject (when we agree on so many other subjects), that shouldn't disrupt our friendship. 

 With that being said, I have to prove to you that what I'm explaining to you and others who might be reading is true.

 

 Ian wrote: "I seem to stand somewhere in between your viewpoint and Jason's and the rest of the church. As you have seen I think the festival has been replaced with ordinances that are superior to the Passover. "

   Yes, I know... it's a position I found no where else... are you on your own brother Ian?... or is there someone else who believes as you do that I can look up? Is this your private interpretation? 

 However, your wrong in thinking the Passover days were replaced, but your right in saying the Passover ordinances were replaced. You have to be specific.

 How do I know the Passover days weren't replaced? Right, you already know, it's because from the apostles to Gentiles Christians we see the annual Holy Convocations/days of GOD being observed after the cross. They understood what was replaced, and they also observed the Holy days of GOD. 

 Ian wrote: "As I said before, it has not been put on the cross but has lost its significance ...."

 Ian wrote: "As I see it Just like the circumcision it has lost its significance ..."

 My brother, these statements of yours are false!!! I mean your right in saying circumcision has lost its significance, the Bible and SOP in the writings of EGW  clearly states that, however the annual Holy days of GOD hasn't lost its significance after the cross... Nowhere in the Bible or SOP in the writings of EGW does it say the annual Holy days of GOD has lost its significance after the cross. It was significant to prominent early Christians like Paul, Luke, Philip, John, Polycarp, Polycrates, and many others,  you agree on this.. 

  

 Ian wrote: "Now I should say that Jesus did not abolish it and as you have pointed out prominent early Christians like Paul and Polycarp were keeping it"

 Do you believe those prominent early Christians was observing the annual Holy days of GOD and it had no significance to them and to GOD by their worship on HIS Holy days? 

 Come on my brother, you just can't make things up to fit what you want to believe... The annual Holy days of GOD hasn't lost its significance after the cross.

 Again, another example, Oct. 22, 1844, which was one of the annual Holy days of GOD, the exact time Jesus moved to the Most Holy within the temple in Heaven. The very foundation of SDA doctrine.

 You don't believe that Holy day of GOD , 1,844 years after the cross was significant? 

 I know you do, so that's why I say these statements of yours is false. 

 Ian wrote: "As I said before, it has not been put on the cross but has lost its significance ...."
 Ian wrote: "As I see it Just like the circumcision it has lost its significance ..."

 

 EGW: "In like manner the types which relate to the second advent must be fulfilled at the time pointed out in the symbolic service." GC p.399
 

  

 You have a right to believe what you want, but proof shows the annual Holy days of GOD hasn't lost its significance after the cross. GOD uses HIS annual Holy days for events that relate to the second advent of Jesus. 

 Again, another example..

  Zech 14: 16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.
17 And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.
18 And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the Lord will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.
19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

  In the future, keeping the annual Holy days of GOD will be significant brother Ian. I understand what you believe, but with these facts that I'm presenting, I don't know why you keep saying the annual Holy days of GOD has lost its significance after the cross. It's just not true! 

  Ian wrote: "I note you have addressed these points and therefore I think we need to "agree to disagree"

   

  Yes, when your saying things that are false, I will address it all the time. You saying I only have one witness in proving that the annual Holy days of GOD should be observed, that's not true. You saying the annual Holy Convocations of GOD has lost its significance after the cross, bro., clearly that's not true. Our disagreement is because your saying these that are false...  just to stick to a theory that only you seem to believe & teach. 

 Blessings my friend!

 

Hello, Reasoning good to see that you are not upset with me because I do not accept your point of view.

Reasoning wrote: Nowhere in the Bible or SOP in the writings of EGW does it say the annual Holy days of GOD has lost its significance after the cross.

Well Reasoning I believe this is where we have the sticking point I am sure you have seen this before as EGW writes in the “Desire of Ages”

“The Lord Jesus the same night in which He was betrayed took bread: and when He had given thanks, He brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is My body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of Me. After the same manner also He took the cup, when He had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in My blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of Me. For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do show the Lord’s death till He come.” 1 Corinthians 11:23-26. {DA 652.1}

Christ was standing at the point of transition between two economies and their two great festivals. He, the spotless Lamb of God, was about to present Himself as a sin offering, that He would thus bring to an end the system of types and ceremonies that for four thousand years had pointed to His death. As He ate the Passover with His disciples, He instituted in its place the service that was to be the memorial of His great sacrifice. The national festival of the Jews was to pass away forever. The service which Christ established was to be observed by His followers in all lands and through all ages. {DA 652.2}

The Passover was ordained as a commemoration of the deliverance of Israel from Egyptian bondage. God had directed that, year by year, as the children should ask the meaning of this ordinance, the history should be repeated. Thus the wonderful deliverance was to be kept fresh in the minds of all. The ordinance of the Lord’s Supper was given to commemorate the great deliverance wrought out as the result of the death of Christ. Till He shall come the second time in power and glory, this ordinance is to be celebrated. It is the means by which His great work for us is to be kept fresh in our minds. {DA 652.3}

At the time of their deliverance from Egypt, the children of Israel ate the Passover supper standing, with their loins girded, and with their staves in their hands, ready for their journey. The manner in which they celebrated this ordinance harmonized with their condition; for they were about to be thrust out of the land of Egypt, and were to begin a painful and difficult journey through the wilderness. But in Christ’s time the condition of things had changed. They were not now about to be thrust out of a strange country, but were dwellers in their own land. In harmony with the rest that had been given them, the people then partook of the Passover supper in a reclining position. Couches were placed about the table, and the guests lay upon them, resting upon the left arm, and having the right hand free for use in eating. In this position a guest could lay his head upon the breast of the one who sat next above him. And the feet, being at the outer edge of the couch, could be washed by one passing around the outside of the circle. {DA 653.1}

1 Christ was standing at the point of transition between two economies and their two great festivals.

2 He, the spotless Lamb of God, was about to present Himself as a sin offering,

Not the yearling lamb that the Passover required

3 That He would thus bring to an end the system of types and ceremonies that for four thousand years had pointed to His death.

The Passover is after all just pointing to something better and this is precisely what Jesus did here.

4 He instituted in its place the service that was to be the memorial of His great sacrifice.

5 The national festival of the Jews was to pass away forever.

Yes, you read this differently to me I know but what it says Passover has been replaced with an ordinance that is superior and its meaning goes far beyond the meaning of Passover.

6 The Passover was ordained as a commemoration of the deliverance of Israel from Egyptian bondage.

That was the meaning of the Passover

7 The ordinance of the Lord’s Supper was given to commemorate the great deliverance wrought out as the result of the death of Christ.

The Lord's Supper Goes far beyond the Passover Just as the circumcision of the flesh is inferior to the Circumcision of the heart.

8 It is the means by which His great work for us is to be kept fresh in our minds.

Do you see instead of the Passover as a memorial of bondage in Egypt the Supper is to take its place, and pointing to Christ as the Lamb of God who takes away sin?

9 But in Christ’s time, the condition of things had changed. At the time of their deliverance from Egypt, the children of Israel ate the Passover supper standing, with their loins girded, and with their staves in their hands

Not even Jesus was doing that as he was reclining with the others at the supper. It was commanded as part of the ordinance, where and why and how the change was made I do not know. EGW says “But in Christ’s time the condition of things had changed.” “The people then partook of the Passover supper in a reclining position.” Christ did not rebuke them for not doing it in the way God prescribed. Why do yo insist on keeping an ordinance that was not kept in the way prescribed?

As you said: “Nowhere in the Bible or SOP in the writings of EGW does it say the annual Holy days of GOD has lost its significance after the cross?” To me this passage in DA does!

Well, Brother Reasoning I can not think of anything more I can say in addition to this. You must have read this a few times now and as this is the only proof I have I say as I did in the last post we need to agree to disagree.

God bless you, my Brother

Peace 

 Ian wrote: "Hello, Reasoning good to see that you are not upset with me because I do not accept your point of view."

 Lol... If that was so, then in that case I'll be upset with allot more people. I'm never upset reasoning the scriptures brother Ian.. All I can do is pray and present the facts of what I'm explaining, it's up the the person to accept the facts.  I'm perplexed on why you aren't answering my questions?? My questions aren't all rhetorical my brother, I'm looking for an answer. This is part of reasoning. 

 

 I wrote: Nowhere in the Bible or SOP in the writings of EGW does it say the annual Holy days of GOD has lost its significance after the cross.

You responded,

 

 Ian wrote: "Well Reasoning I believe this is where we have the sticking point I am sure you have seen this before as EGW writes in the “Desire of Ages”"

 

 I went over all your talking points from DA... However you are refusing to answer my questions apparently, and in order to move forward in our discussion, questions has to be answered. 

  Right now in our discussion you believe the annual Holy days of GOD has lost its significance after the cross, and I believe your wrong, that it's an untruthful statement. Why do I say that? Because you believe 

 

 Ian wrote: "Now I should say that Jesus did not abolish it and as you have pointed out prominent early Christians like Paul and Polycarp were keeping it"

 But you post this from DA

 EGW: "He, the spotless Lamb of God, was about to present Himself as a sin offering, that He would thus bring to an end the system of types and ceremonies that for four thousand years had pointed to His death." 

  To bring an end to something is the same as doing away with it, or abolishing it. That is why you are on your own brother Ian, because your talking out of both sides of your mouth. It's either it was brought to an end/done away with/ abolished or it wasn't. 

 Just to be sure the statements from DA isn't saying what your implying it to say, and that is, the annual Holy days of GOD don't have to be observed and don't have any significance after the cross..

 We see by your own words it's not true... When you say that, you are telling a lie brother. I hope you don't get upset by me saying that. But it's true. 

 Here is your own words, 

 

  Ian wrote: "Now I should say that Jesus did not abolish it and as you have pointed out prominent early Christians like Paul and Polycarp were keeping it"

 Do you believe those prominent early Christians (from 25-300 years after the cross) was observing the annual Holy days of GOD and it had no significance to them and to GOD by their worship on HIS Holy days?  (You failed to answer these questions) 


 

  Oct. 22, 1844, which was one of the annual Holy days of GOD, the exact time Jesus moved to the Most Holy within the temple in Heaven. The very foundation of SDA doctrine.

  Do you believe Oct. 22, 1844, the Day of Atonement, which is 1,844 years after the cross, do you believe that day has significance? 

 

 another example.. As of now it's 2,021 years after the cross, 


Zech 14: 16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.
17 And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.
18 And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the Lord will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.
19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

 Do you believe keeping the Feast of Tabernacles has significance to GOD in the future? 

 ignoring my questions isn't reasoning brother Ian.. Proof shows GOD is still using HIS annual Holy days to mark off events pertaining to the second advent of Jesus after the cross. 

 EGW: "In like manner the types which relate to the second advent must be fulfilled at the time pointed out in the symbolic service." GC p.399

 

 This statement from EGW, makes these statements of yours untruthful. 

 Ian wrote: "As I said before, it has not been put on the cross but has lost its significance ...."
 Ian wrote: "As I see it Just like the circumcision it has lost its significance ..."

 Ian wrote: "Well, Brother Reasoning I can not think of anything more I can say in addition to this. You must have read this a few times now and as this is the only proof I have I say as I did in the last post we need to agree to disagree."

  If you answer my questions then we can move forward... I addressed  everything you posted already. Anyone can read into something that it's not saying, like you are doing... , but the actions of the early church observing the annual Holy days of GOD, and Jesus moving to the Most Holy on a annual Holy day of GOD, it shows us that the annual Holy days of GOD still has significance after the cross. 

 

 Blessings!

RSS

Site Sponsors

 

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free


USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

 

© 2021   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service