Adventist Online

Peace

Brothers and sisters of the SDA movement, this post is to show that the teaching within the Church that GOD'S Holy set times are done away with is wrong. Teaching the annual Holy Days of GOD are done away with weakens some our reasoning on why we should observe the 7th Day Sabbath. Let me show you how.

When SDA teach about the 7th Day Sabbath, we use several reasoning methods to show that the 7th Day Sabbath is not done away with as many Christians believe. 

One of them is, it was Jesus' custom  to observed the 7th Sabbath, and we should do what Jesus did, He is our example. For me, this is the most powerful proof that the 7th Day Sabbath is not done away with... I never heard anyone say there are things Jesus did that we shouldn't do, I always heard if Jesus did it, we should do it. 

However, when it comes to applying that same reasoning to the annual Holy Days of GOD, that's not good enough for many in the SDA Church on why we should observe them. To me that's illegal reasoning, because you can't apply a reasoning point to one subject (the 7th Day Sabbath) and not use or ignore that same point on another subject (the annual Holy Days) that's within the same context, GOD'S Holy appointed times. 

Whatever Jesus did, we should do. I don't believe anyone here will dispute this. 

EGW: "The example of Christ is authoritative for every son and daughter of Adam.He represented the law of God in His life, giving to men an example of what obedience to every precept will accomplish for human nature. He is our example, and every one who is endowed with reasoning faculties is required to follow in His footsteps; for His life is a perfect pattern to all humanity. Christ is the finished standard of the character to which every one may attain. . . ." SD p.137

With that said, let's ask ourselves, did Jesus observe the annual Holy Days of GOD along with the 7th Day Sabbath.. The answer is Yes! 

EGW: [Passover]-- " In the days of Christ the people had grown cold and formal in their service to God. They thought more of their own pleasure than of His goodness to them. But it was not so with Jesus. He loved to think about God. As He came to the temple, He watched the priests in their work. He bowed with the worshipers as they knelt to pray, and His voice joined in the songs of praise." SJ p.31

EGW: "Also in the fifteenth day of the seventh month, when ye have gathered in the fruit of the land, ye shall keep a feast unto the Lord seven days: on the first day shall be a sabbath, and on the eighth day shall be a sabbath. And ye shall take you on the first day the boughs of goodly trees, branches of palm-trees, and the boughs of thick trees, and willows of the brook; and ye shall rejoice before the Lord your God seven days. And ye shall keep it a feast unto the Lord seven days in the year. It shall be a statute forever in your generations: ye shall celebrate it in the seventh month. Ye shall dwell in booths seven days; all that are Israelites born shall dwell in booths: that your generations may know that I made the children of Israel to dwell in booths, when I brought them out of the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God." It was to the celebration of this feast that Jesus came. RH July 7,1896

When teaching about the 7th Day Sabbath, and Jesus observing the Holy day, for me it's a slam dunk reason on why we should observe the Sabbath. Again, I never heard anyone say there are things that Jesus did that we shouldn't do. I always heard if Jesus did it, then it's good for us to do.

Lets look after the cross, is GOD'S people observing the Holy feast days of GOD? Lets look at Luke, Paul and converts, which were mostly gentiles

EGW: "At Philippi Paul tarried to keep the Passover. Only Luke remained with him, the other members of the company passing on to Troas to await him there. The Philippians were the most loving and truehearted of the apostle’s converts, and during the eight days of the feast he enjoyed peaceful and happy communion with them." AA p.390

Luke, Paul and his Phillippian converts kept the whole eight days of the feast. If I'm not mistaken, this is about 20 something years after Jesus' death and resurrection. 

Their actions is positive proof that the annual Holy Days of GOD were still being kept by Christian Jews and Gentiles. Again, this is the same reasoning towards the 7th Day Sabbath, 

Joe Crews: "In Acts 16:13 we have positive proof that Paul kept the Sabbath even when there was no synagogue and no Jews. He was ministering in Greece, where there were only a few scattered Jews and no synagogue at all. What did he do on the Sabbath? “And on the sabbath we went out of the city by a river side, where prayer was wont to be made; and we sat down, and spoke unto the women which resorted thither.”
Even with no church to attend, the apostle sought out a spot where religious worship was carried on—a place of prayer by the river—and preached to those who went there. Surely, no one can fail to discern Paul’s deep commitment to the Sabbath as we follow him in this unusual outdoor mission. Just suppose this Macedonian experience had taken place on the first day of the week instead of the Sabbath. Without question, it would be cited as absolute evidence for Sunday worship, and we would have to concur. But what possible arguments can one present against this example of Paul in true Sabbath keeping."

Let's get some commentary from Steve Wohlberg Of White horse media, it's the tenth reason on why The Sabbath is not just for the Jewish people.

Steve Wohlberg (White horse media) wrote: " 10) Luke was a Gentile who kept the Sabbath. Luke was the only Gentile who wrote any New Testament books (he wrote The Gospel According to St. Luke and The Acts of the Apostles). Luke traveled with Paul and wrote, “On the Sabbath we went out of the city by a river side.” Acts 16:13. It was the seventh-day Sabbath, the memorial of the creation (see Ex. 20:11). Both Luke and Paul knew it."

Applying that same reasoning, which is a good reasoning to use for SDA to use when teaching why we should be still observing the 7th Day Sabbath, it is one of the reasons that led me to understanding the Sabbath truth, because like people say, actions speaks louder than words... Taking that same reasoning and applying it to the annual Holy Days of GOD must be good too.

EGW: "At Philippi Paul tarried to keep the Passover. Only Luke remained with him, the other members of the company passing on to Troas to await him there. The Philippians were the most loving and truehearted of the apostle’s converts, and during the eight days of the feast he enjoyed peaceful and happy communion with them." AA p.390

Surly no one should believe they were sacrificing animals during this Passover celebration, so the argument that if we want to observe the annual Holy Days we must sacrifice animals, that holds no weight.

Those who say we must be in Jerusalem to properly observe the annual Holy Days of GOD, that holds no weight. They were in Phillippi, not Jerusalem.  These are points of view that many SDA hold, because it's being taught by our teachers. 

I highly respect Doug Batchelor, probably the most recognized SDA today.. I heard him teach on why Christians are not obligated to observe the annual Holy Days of GOD... some of them are, The Ten Commandments are written on stone, and annual Holy Days are written on paper, another one is, The Ten Commandments are inside the Ark and the commandments about the annual Holy Days are on the side of the Ark.. None of that holds any weight, because SDA fully understand that there are commandments written on that paper and put on the side of the Ark that we say are still binding, like the health laws.

Doug Batchelor: "2. Why did God give health principles to His people?
"The Lord commanded us to observe all these statutes, to fear the Lord our God, for our good always, that He might preserve us alive” (Deuteronomy 6:24).
“You shall serve the Lord your God, and He will bless your bread and your water. And I will take sickness away from the midst of you” (Exodus 23:25).

Answer: God gave health principles because He knows what is best for the human body. Automobile manufacturers place an operations manual in the glove compartment of each new car because they know what is best for their creation. God, who made our bodies, also has an “operations manual.” It is the Bible. Ignoring God’s “operations manual” often results in disease, twisted thinking, and burned-out lives, just as abusing a car can result in serious car trouble. Following God’s principles results in “saving health” (Psalm 67:2 KJV) and more abundant life (John 10:10). With our cooperation, God can use these great health laws to significantly reduce and eliminate the effects of the diseases of Satan (Psalm 103:2, 3)."

The argument that the annual Holy Days of GOD are done away with because they are written on paper and on the side of the Ark, and at the same time saying laws (health) written on the same paper and placed on the side of the Ark are still binding shows that we shouldn't throw the baby out with the bath water. We have to properly identify what is the moral laws and what was ceremonial temple worship laws (the bath water).  We find that out by the actions of Jesus and the Apostles. Again, Jesus observed the annual Holy Days of GOD, so without a doubt we can say they are moral.

EGW: "In consequence of continual transgression, the moral law was repeated in awful grandeur from Sinai. Christ gave to Moses religious precepts which were to govern the everyday life. These statutes were explicitly given to guard the ten commandments. They were not shadowy types to pass away with the death of Christ. They were to be binding upon man in every age as long as time should last. These commands were enforced by the power of the moral law, and they clearly and definitely explained that law. "–  RH May 6, 1875 

The term ceremonial feast days is used often, but the term is not used nowhere in the Bible or SOP in the writings of EGW. But unfortunately many SDA use the term to strengthen their argument on why we shouldn't observe the annual Holy Days. Of course when we hear ceremonial, we automatically know the ceremonial laws was done away with at the Cross. So ceremonial is attached to the annual Holy Days. There were ceremonies done on all of GOD'S Holy Days including the 7th Day Sabbath , but the day itself is not a ceremony. 

Where does this teaching come from? Who takes responsibility for trying to change GOD'S annual Holy Days? It's the same people who thinks to change times and laws, the Roman Catholic Church!

Daniel 7:25 (King James Version)
"And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

Most SDA know this verse, and we mainly apply it to the Sabbath, but it's talking about the Feast days as well... Lets go to several other translations of the Bible... It sheds more light on what these "times"(Plural) are..

Daniel 7:25 (Amplified Bible)
"And he shall speak words against the Most High [God] and shall wear out the saints of the Most High and think to change the time [of sacred feasts and holy days] and the law; and the saints shall be given into his hand for a time, two times, and half a time [three and one-half years].

Daniel 7:25 (New Living Translation)
"He will defy the Most High and oppress the holy people of the Most High. He will try to change their sacred festivals and laws, and they will be placed under his control for a time, times, and half a time.

Dan. 7:25 (New American Bible)

"He shall speak against the Most High and oppress the holy ones of the Most High, thinking to change the feast days and the law. They shall be handed over to him for a time, times, and half a time

Daniel 7:25Christian Standard Bible (CSB)

25 He will speak words against the Most High and oppress[a] the holy ones of the Most High. He will intend to change religious festivals and laws, and the holy ones will be handed over to him for a time, times, and half a time.

Daniel 7:25 GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)

25 He will speak against the Most High God, oppress the holy people of the Most High, and plan to change the appointed times and laws. The holy people will be handed over to him for a time, times, and half of a time.

Daniel 7:25Good News Translation (GNT)

25 He will speak against the Supreme God and oppress God's people. He will try to change their religious laws and festivals, and God's people will be under his power for three and a half years.

Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

25 He will speak words against the Most High and oppress[a] the holy ones of the Most High. He will intend to change religious festivals[b] and laws, and the holy ones will be handed over to him for a time, times, and half a time

AT Jones gives a History lesson in the book Great empires of Prophecy, he said

"From Rome there came now another addition to the sunworshipping apostasy. The first Christians being mostly Jews, continued to celebrate, in remembrance of the death of Christ, the true Passover; and this was continued among those who from among the Gentles had turned to Christ. Accordingly, the celebration was always on the Passover day, the fourteenth of the first month. Rome, however, and from her all the West, adopted the day of the sun as the day of this coloration. According to the Eastern custom, the celebration, being on the fourteenth day of the month, would of course fall on different days of the week as the years resolved. The rule of Rome was that the celebration must always be on a Sunday." (Great Empires of Prophecy, 1898, p. 389 by A.T. Jones)

At SDA crusades we like to show the Roman Catholic Church speaking these words against The Most High, and admitting they are the reason for this attempted change. Let see,

For 25 Years Father Enright Offers $1,000 For A Bible Verse Commanding Sunday Observance:

“Dear Friend, I have
offered and still offer $1000 to any one who can prove to me from
the Bible alone that I am bound, under grievous sin to keep
Sunday holy. It was the Catholic Church which made the law
obliging us to keep Sunday holy. The church made this law long
after the Bible was written. Hence said law is not in the Bible.
Christ, our Lord empowered his church to make laws binding in
conscience. He said to his apostles and their lawful sucessors in
the priesthood “Whatsoever you shall bind on earth shall be
binding in heaven.” Matthew 16:19. Matthew 18:17. Luke 16:19.
The Cath. Church abolished not only the Sabbath, but all the other Jewish festivals. Pray and study. I shall be always glad to help you as long as you honestly seek the truth. Respectfully, T.
Enright CSSR.” June 1905

It's not just the 7th Day Sabbath people of GOD, they take credit for trying to abolish the annual Holy Days of GOD too. Let's check out some more..

This from the Catholic Catechism, by Peter Cardinal Gasparri, translated by the Rev. Hugh Pope, O.P., second printing, copyright 1932 and printed by P. J. Kenedy & Sons, Typographi Pontificii, 12 Barclay Street, New York, questions 203-206, pages 120-121.

(204) What were the festival days in the Old Testament?

In the Old Testament there were many festival days, but the chief one was the Sabbath, the very name of which signifies the rest needful for the worship of God, whence it is called "the day of rest."

"(205) Why is the Sabbath day not observed under the New Testament?

The Sabbath day is not observed under the New Testament, because in its place the Church keeps Sunday in honor of the Resurrection of Jesus Christ, and the coming down of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost; the Church also adds other festival days.

(206) To what, then, are we bound nowadays as regards keeping festival days holy?

As regards keeping festival days holy we are to-day bound to sanctify, in the manner proscribed by the Church, the Sundays and other Feast days appointed by her."

This is from the Catechism of Pope Pius X:

2 Q. What are festivals?

A. In the Old Law they were Saturdays and certain other days regarded as specially solemn by the Jews; in the New Law they are Sundays and other festivals instituted by the Church

Again, we know these statements all to well, however this shows it wasn't just the 7th Day Sabbath trying to be done away with by the Catholic Church, but the annual Holy Days of GOD as well. 

After Paul's time, we see from the facts of history that this battle continued, there were Christians that were Gentiles like Polycrates that observed the annual Holy time of GOD when HE said to observe it, and not listen to the Catholic Church. 

Polycrates wrote:  "We observe the exact day; neither adding, nor taking away. For in Asia also great lights have fallen asleep, which shall rise again on the day of the Lord's coming, when he shall come with glory from heaven, and shall seek out all the saints. Among these are Philip, one of the twelve apostles, who fell asleep in Hierapolis; and his two aged virgin daughters, and another daughter, who lived in the Holy Spirit and now rests at Ephesus; and, moreover, John, who was both a witness and a teacher, who reclined upon the bosom of the Lord, and, being a priest, wore the sacerdotal plate. He fell asleep at Ephesus. And Polycarp in Smyrna, who was a bishop and martyr; and Thraseas, bishop and martyr from Eumenia, who fell asleep in Smyrna. Why need I mention the bishop and martyr Sagaris who fell asleep in Laodicea, or the blessed Papirius, or Melito, the Eunuch who lived altogether in the Holy Spirit, and who lies in Sardis, awaiting the episcopate from heaven, when he shall rise from the dead? All these observed the fourteenth day of the passover according to the Gospel, deviating in no respect, but following the rule of faith. And I also, Polycrates, the least of you all, do according to the tradition of my relatives, some of whom I have closely followed. For seven of my relatives were bishops; and I am the eighth. And my relatives always observed the day when the people put away the leaven. I, therefore, brethren, who have lived sixty-five years in the Lord, and have met with the brethren throughout the world, and have gone through every Holy Scripture, am not affrighted by terrifying words. For those greater than I have said ' We ought to obey God rather than man' --- (Eusebius. Church History, Book V, Chapter 24. Translated by Arthur Cushman McGiffert. Excerpted from Nicene and Post-Nicene Fathers, Series Two, Volume 1. Edited by Philip Schaff and Henry Wace. American Edition, 1890. Online Edition Copyright © 2004 by K. Knight; also Eusebius. The History of the Church, Book 5, Chapter XXIV. Digireads.com, 2005, p. 115).

He covered from the Apostles to his time, and all observed the Passover on the day that GOD prescribed, the 14th day of the first month. 

So the question many SDA have to ask themselves is, why are we taking the side of the Catholic Church in regards to the annual Holy Days of GOD and saying they are done away with, and not the side of Jesus, the apostles, and the early Christian church who continued to observed them? 

Blessings!

Views: 1155

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Divinely appointed ceremonies or feasts are now valueless 

The Jews had prided themselves upon their divinely appointed services; and they concluded that as God once specified the Hebrew manner of worship, it was impossible that he should ever authorize a change in any of its specifications. They decided that Christianity must connect itself with the Jewish laws and ceremonies. They were slow to discern to the end of that which had been abolished by the death of Christ, and to perceive that all their sacrificial offerings had but prefigured the death of the Son of God, in which type had met its antitype, rendering valueless the divinely appointed ceremonies and sacrifices of the Jewish religion. {3SP 370.2}

In this ordinance ( foot washing), Christ discharged his disciples from the cares and burdens of the ancient Jewish obligations in rites and ceremonies. These no longer possessed any virtue; for type was meeting antitype in himself, the authority and foundation of all Jewish ordinances that pointed to him as the great and only efficacious offering for the sins of the world. He gave this simple ordinance that it might be a special season when he himself would always be present, to lead all participating in it to feel the pulse of their own conscience, to awaken them to an understanding of the lessons symbolized, to revive their memory, to convict of sin, and to receive their penitential repentance. He would teach them that brother is not to exalt himself above brother, that the dangers of disunion and strife shall be seen and appreciated; for the health and holy activity of the soul are involved. {RH June 14, 1898, par. 15}

Peace 

Just quickly brother Ian, you and Jason are posting quotes that doesn't say one thing about the annual Holy days of GOD. It's just not there.

Also brother Ian, you keep saying you don't believe the annual Holy days of GOD are abolished. I ask you this question a few times and I don't believe I seen an answer.  I will ask again, do you disagree with all the "well educated" SDA teachers in that the annual Holy days of GOD are abolished? 

You see Jason posted a quote saying the ceremonies were abolished, but unfortunately he believes the annual Holy days of GOD are part of those ceremonies, hence he, as well as many in the SDA Church believes they are abolished. Why do you disagree with Jason and many SDA? 

Blessings!

Reasoning said: “Of course that's based on a person believing the Holy days of GOD themselves being ceremonial, which they are not.

This is the biggest mistake in my view, blending moral with what is ceremonial. A very simple test to determine if the annual Holy days of GOD are moral or not is by the life of Jesus Christ and what He observed. “

And again, falsely assert:

“Jesus didn't observe the ceremonial law, but He did observed the annual Holy days of GOD. What does that tell us brother Ian?”

Then without any foundation:

Holy Convocations of GOD are Moral. The ceremonial laws done on those days are abolished, but the Holy days of GOD themselves wasn't abolished as you already agree. I showed them still being observed after the cross, even into the 2nd,3rd century. Solid facts to prove what I'm saying and what you agree on is true. That is, the annual Holy days of GOD are not abolished at Jesus' death on the cross.”

Ellen White said that the Jewish law or the ceremonial law given to Moses was to be binding upon the Hebrews Until type met Antitype, but you said Christ didn't keep that. in other words Christ was a sinner.  

But there is a law which was abolished, which Christ “took out of the way, nailing it to his cross.” Paul calls it “the law of commandments contained in ordinances.” This ceremonial law, given by God through Moses, with its sacrifices and ordinances, was to be binding upon the Hebrews until type met antitype in the death of Christ as the Lamb of God to take away the sin of the world. Then all the sacrificial offerings and services were to be abolished. Paul and the other apostles labored to show this, and resolutely withstood those Judaizing teachers who declared that Christians should observe the ceremonial law. {ST September 4, 1884, par. 3}

Remember this phrase ‘ “the law of commandments contained in ordinances.’/ Where were these laws place? What law was placed in the ark?

Deuteronomy 31:24-26 ...'And it came to pass, when Moses had made an end of writing the words of this law in a book, until they were finished, that Moses commanded the Levites, which bare the ark of the covenant of the LORD, saying, take this book of the law, and put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, that it may be there for a witness against thee.'

Where were the ten commandments placed? We all know that they were placed INSIDE the ark of the testimony (ark of the covenant) See Exodus 40:20. But notice above that the 'book of the law' which contained the handwriting of ordinances (ceremonial laws) was placed BESIDE the ark, NOT inside

So if the feast days laws are moral we expect to see them inside the holy ark. 

The law that was placed in the ark on earth was a copy of the law that is contained in the ark of the testament in heaven, and the precepts of Jehovah are immutable. The ten commandments constitute the moral standard of character.. {ST June 11, 1894, par. 10}

Here we see that God's moral Law is the Ten Commandments , not the commandments and the feast days. 

Will you not take heed to your ways? Will you not compare your character with God’s moral law, the ten commandments? {ST September 15, 1887, par. 9}

The Moral Law is the Ten precepts which does not include the feast days. So how can you say they are part of the moral law?

Speaking about the Ten precepts which does not include feast days. 

“Christ himself declares that he came not to destroy the law of ten precepts, which was spoken from Sinai. He says, “Verily I say unto you,”—making the assertion as emphatic as possible,—“Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law till all be fulfilled.” Here he teaches not merely what the claims of God’s law had been and were then, but that these claims should hold so long as the heavens and the earth remain. This testimony should forever settle the question. The law of God is as immutable as his throne. It will maintain its claims upon all mankind in all ages, unchanged by time or place or circumstances. The ritual system was of altogether a different character, and typified the death of Christ as a sacrifice for the broken precepts of the moral law. {ST September 4, 1884, par. 4}

The moral Law in in the Ten Commandments 

“In answer to the claim that at the death of Christ the precepts of the Decalogue had been abolished with the ceremonial law, Wesley said: “The moral law, contained in the Ten Commandments and enforced by the prophets, He did not take away. It was not the design of His coming to revoke any part of this. This is a law which never can be broken, which ‘stands fast as the faithful witness in heaven.’ .. {GC 262.1}

The ten precepts of the Decalogue is the moral law

"He then came still closer to his people, who were so readily led astray, and would not leave them with merely the ten precepts of the decalogue. He commanded Moses to write, as he should bid him, judgments and laws, giving minute directions in regard to what he required them to perform, and thereby guarded the ten precepts which he had engraved upon the tables of stone. These specific directions and requirements were given to draw erring man to the obedience of the moral law, which he is so prone to transgress. {1SP 264.1}

…the Sabbath of the Lord; but God has given us light, showing us that the fourth precept of the decalogue is as verily binding as are the other nine moral precepts. {FE 287.2}

Reasoning said: “Jesus didn't observe the ceremonial law, but He did observed the annual Holy days of GOD. What does that tell us brother?”

So in effect you are saying that Christ broke His law, the ceremonial law?

Really? If Jesus broke any of the Old Testament laws, He would be a sinner just  like you.

He said ‘I have kept my Father's commandments,’  John 15:10

And again, John 8:46; ‘Which of you can truthfully accuse me of sin?’

The bible affirms that Jesus was sinless (2 Corinthians 5:21, 1 Peter 2:22, Hebrews 4:15). James 2:10 says whoever stumbles at one point of the law is guilty of breaking it all, which means Jesus did not break any Old Testament laws.

We know that “the ceremonial law ceased to be of force at the death of Christ.” {ST July 29, 1886, par. 4}

If the feast days are moral then they existed long before creation and will be there as long as God’s throne remains. But the Servant of the Lord tells us differently:

“The moral law was never a type or a shadow. It existed before man’s creation, and will endure as long as God’s throne remains. God could not change or alter one precept of His law in order to save man; for the law is the foundation of His government. It is unchangeable, unalterable, infinite, and eternal. In order for man to be saved, and for the honor of the law to be maintained, it was necessary for the Son of God to offer Himself as a sacrifice for sin. He who knew no sin became sin for us. He died for us on Calvary. His death shows the wonderful love of God for man, and the immutability of His law (The Review and Herald, April 22, 1902).

Jesus kept all the laws both the moral and ceremonial but you said he broke God’s law.

“Jesus would convince his enemies that his teachings and miracles did not supplant the law, detract from its dignity, or lessen its claims. His works were in strict accordance with both the moral and the ceremonial law. Christ was the angel who went before Moses, and guided the travels of the children of Israel in the wilderness. his angel, Christ, gave Moses the ceremonies and ordinances of the Jewish law to be repeated to the people. {RH April 29, 1875, par. 1}

You like the Jews are accursing Christ of breaking the Jewish law. This is reprehensible and repugnant

“The charges of the Jews that Christ did not regard the law of Moses, was without the least foundation. Christ was a Jew, and, to the hour of his death upon the cross, observed the law binding upon the Jews. But when type met antitype, at the death of Christ, then the offering of the blood of beasts became valueless. Christ made the one great offering in giving his own life, which all their former offerings had foreshadowed, which terminated the value of all the sacrificial offerings of the Jewish law. {RH April 29, 1875, par. 2}

To support your false believe you misquote sister White. This is pitiable

You quoted EGW as saying:

"Christ passed through all the experiences of his childhood, youth, and manhood without the observance of ceremonial temple worship.

Butt then you twisted her words like other false teachers by concluding:

Reasoning: “Jesus didn't observe the ceremonial law, but He did observed the annual Holy days of GOD”

What? Can’t you see the difference. This is a glaring heretical lie; calling Jesus a sinner.

Here you are elevating the feast days so much saying that Jesus broke the law but he keep this ‘moral law…

This is the last sentence before the quote you misunderstood:

The Commander of heaven became subject to command, but in it all he manifested heartiness and devotion. He was a perfect pattern in every place. {RH October 24, 1899, par. 10}

In other words he obeyed all the laws 

Christ was a perfect pattern in every place. He did not sin not once, not by a thought.

Then, quoting from the same paragraph

“He passed through the experience of infancy, childhood, and manhood without a stain upon his character.”

Not one sin, did not break any law as you suggested. 

Reasoning wrote: It doesn't have to be a "hobby hose [?]" of yours... I understand you said you believe the Passover days was replaced by the ceremonies of the Holy Supper... But your wrong, the Passover ceremonies was replaced with the ceremonies of the Holy Supper, but not the actual annual Holy days of GOD themselves.

If that is correct Reasoning we should keep New Moons as well. I know of no one who keeps New Moon except for a few Lunis who want to replace the weekly Sabbath with the Lunar Sabbaths. As it says in:

Isaiah 66:23  And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD. 

As I see it that would be in the same class as the Passover.

Reasoning Wrote: Coming together on GOD'S Holy days is a moral commandment, it's good to gather and worship together, whether on the weekly feast/Moed day of the 7th day Sabbath or the annual Holy days of GOD. Jesus' example is good enough for me, He observed them, so it wise for us to do the same.

EGW: "The example of Christ is authoritative for every son and daughter of Adam. He represented the law of God in His life, giving to men an example of what obedience to every precept will accomplish for human nature. He is our example, and everyone who is endowed with reasoning faculties is required to follow in His footsteps; for His life is a perfect pattern to all humanity. Christ is the finished standard of the character to which everyone may attain. . . ." SD p.137

I believe you read something into that Quote that it did not mean the last paragraph in that reading says this:

EGW: Let the human agent compare his life with the life of Christ... Let him imitate the example of Him who lived out the law of Jehovah, who said, “I have kept my Father’s commandments.” Those who follow Christ will be continually looking into the perfect law of liberty, and through the grace given them by Christ, will fashion the character according to the divine requirements.33 {SD 137.5}

The Law of Liberty is the 10 Commandments as I understand it.

Reasoning Wrote: EGW: "At Philippi Paul tarried to keep the Passover. Only Luke remained with him, the other members of the company passing on to Troas to await him there. The Philippians were the most loving and truehearted of the apostle’s converts, and during the eight days of the feast he enjoyed peaceful and happy communion with them." AA p.390

Yes, There is a quote in (Sketches from the Life of Paul) as well with the same wording, and if keeping the Passover was a moral command I would have thought that there would be an explanation as to why. But there is none, not by EGW or the Bible. I believe you read something into this that it is not meant to convey, only my opinion. To establish command in the bible you need two entries at least.  

God Bless

Peace

Ian wrote: "If that is correct Reasoning we should keep New Moons as well. I know of no one who keeps New Moon except for a few Lunis who want to replace the weekly Sabbath with the Lunar Sabbaths. As it says in:
Isaiah 66:23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD."

Yes, I believe the new moon should be observed as well... If we are going observe them in the new heavens and earth, then that means it wasn't done away with at the cross.

EGW: "The example of Christ is authoritative for every son and daughter of Adam. He represented the law of God in His life, giving to men an example of what obedience to every precept will accomplish for human nature. He is our example, and everyone who is endowed with reasoning faculties is required to follow in His footsteps; for His life is a perfect pattern to all humanity. Christ is the finished standard of the character to which everyone may attain. . . ." SD p.137

Ian wrote: "I believe you read something into that Quote that it did not mean the last paragraph in that reading says this:"

EGW: Let the human agent compare his life with the life of Christ... Let him imitate the example of Him who lived out the law of Jehovah, who said, “I have kept my Father’s commandments.” Those who follow Christ will be continually looking into the perfect law of liberty, and through the grace given them by Christ, will fashion the character according to the divine requirements.33 {SD 137.5}

Ian wrote: "The Law of Liberty is the 10 Commandments as I understand it."

As I understand it, moral laws and commandments of GOD aren't just the 10 Commandments, SOP says there are other laws and commandments that guard the 10 Commandments that's written in the book Moses wrote in.

EGW: "In consequence of continual transgression, the moral law was repeated in awful grandeur from Sinai. Christ gave to Moses religious precepts which were to govern the everyday life. These statutes were explicitly given to guard the ten commandments. They were not shadowy types to pass away with the death of Christ. They were to be binding upon man in every age as long as time should last. These commands were enforced by the power of the moral law, and they clearly and definitely explained that law. "– RH May 6, 1875

Ian wrote: "Yes, There is a quote in (Sketches from the Life of Paul) as well with the same wording, and if keeping the Passover was a moral command I would have thought that there would be an explanation as to why. But there is none, not by EGW or the Bible. I believe you read something into this that it is not meant to convey, only my opinion. To establish command in the bible you need two entries at least."

Why? First thing comes to mind is, they are Holy Convocations of GOD

Lev.23:2 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, Concerning the feasts of the Lord, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, even these are my feasts.

Holy Convocations of GOD are moral, there's nothing ceremonial about a Holy of GOD. Again, there were ceremonies done on HIS Holy Days, but the Holy Days themselves aren't ceremonial law.

GOD refers to HIS annual Holy days as a sabbath, liken it to the Sabbath. You can't know what a sabbath is until you know what The Sabbath is.. that's why within the context of Lev.23, which are Holy Convocations of GOD, in verse three the 7th Day Sabbath is mentioned first, then the annual Holy sabbaths is mentioned in verse four

Lev 23: 4 These are the feasts of the Lord, even holy convocations, which ye shall proclaim in their seasons.

Weekly, then yearly (".. in their seasons) Holy Convocations of GOD, they are moral my brothers. 

These are good times brother Ian, GOD has proven in the past to do things in relation to our salvation on HIS annual Holy days. We see in Zech.14 the importance of HIS annual Holy days. What's the explanation on why some twenty years after the cross the apostles are still observing the annual Holy days of GOD?

Your question of wanting an explanation on why we should observe Holy Convocations of GOD in my view, and with all due respect, is a weak rebut... because just like the example of Luke, Paul and his converts shows, it's obvious they are enjoying themselves worshipping GOD on HIS set days.

Again, The sabbaths of GOD are liken to the Sabbath, they point to the Sabbath and the Sabbath points to our Creator.... they are all Holy days of Convocation, and Holy Convocations are moral brother Ian. I don't believe what I'm explaining to you is difficult to understand, it's just you have your set belief and your sticking to that.

Brother Ian, you believe the annual Holy days of GOD are not abolished, just for the simple fact you see they are still being observed after the cross as AA p.390 shows. You disagree with most people in the SDA Church in this regards, and since he's involved in the discussion, you disagree with brother Jason, he believes like most SDA, that the annual Holy days of GOD are abolished.

I've asked before, do you disagree with the wide held belief amongst SDA that the annual Holy days of GOD are abolished?

It's obvious you do by your belief, but you should acknowledge it and state you believe differently from most people in the SDA Church, "well educated " people... Why are you right and they are wrong in believing the annual Holy days of GOD are abolished?

Blessings!

Thanks for your reply Reasoning

Can we deal with EGW first?

EGW: "At Philippi, Paul tarried to keep the Passover. Only Luke remained with him, the other members of the company passing on to Troas to await him there. The Philippians were the most loving and truehearted of the apostle’s converts, and during the eight days of the feast he enjoyed peaceful and happy communion with them." AA p.390

Now if the Passover was so important as you are saying, why did they not all celebrate it? But passing on to Troas clearly not interested in celebrating the (Moral Passover) as you say? If it was a moral obligation to keep it, why did they just walk away from it? And Again where is your second witness. Jesus said Mat 18:16  But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. You have only one witness and a poor one at that.

Somehow it seems like you have missed this post. So I repeat it here. Compare it with the post you have.

EGW “The Lord Jesus the same night in which He was betrayed took bread: and when He had given thanks, He brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is My body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of Me. After the same manner also He took the cup, when He had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in My blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of Me. For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do show the Lord’s death till He come.” 1 Corinthians 11:23-26. {DA 652.1}

Christ was standing at the point of transition between two economies and their two great festivals. He, the spotless Lamb of God, was about to present Himself as a sin offering, that He would thus bring to an end the system of types and ceremonies that for four thousand years had pointed to His death. As He ate the Passover with His disciples, He instituted in its place the service that was to be the memorial of His great sacrifice. The national festival of the Jews was to pass away forever. The service which Christ established was to be observed by His followers in all lands and through all ages. {DA 652.2

The Passover was ordained as a commemoration of the deliverance of Israel from Egyptian bondage. God had directed that, year by year, as the children should ask the meaning of this ordinance, the history should be repeated. Thus the wonderful deliverance was to be kept fresh in the minds of all. The ordinance of the Lord’s Supper was given to commemorate the great deliverance wrought out as the result of the death of Christ. Till He shall come the second time in power and glory, this ordinance is to be celebrated. It is the means by which His great work for us is to be kept fresh in our minds. {DA 652.3}

Do you see The national festival of the Jews was to pass away forever.

As I said the Passover is not abolished but it has been replaced with something better and superior just as the ordinance of circumcision has

God bless

Peace 

Ian wrote: "Now if the Passover was so important as you are saying, why did they not all celebrate it? But passing on to Troas clearly not interested in celebrating the (Moral Passover) as you say? If it was a moral obligation to keep it, why did they just walk away from it? And Again where is your second witness. Jesus said Mat 18:16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. You have only one witness and a poor one at that."

With all do respect, that's weak brother Ian.. Does the Bible or SOP in the writings of EGW speak on what they did in Troas?  I don't think it does! 

We can only go on the information given to us. So let's talk about the clear positive proof that we have, and that is Luke, Paul and his converts continued to observe the annual Holy days of GOD. 

EGW: "At Philippi, Paul tarried to keep the Passover. Only Luke remained with him, the other members of the company passing on to Troas to await him there. The Philippians were the most loving and truehearted of the apostle’s converts, and during the eight days of the feast he enjoyed peaceful and happy communion with them." AA p.390

Do you think if Paul and Luke didn't tarry to Phillippi and went to Troas that they wouldn't have observed the eight days of Passover? 

Yes, the annual Holy days of Convocation are moral brother Ian.. Why do you think Luke and Paul with his converts are observing them? Certainly not because the annual Holy days of GOD are ceremonial law. It's because the annual Holy days of GOD, which are Holy Convocations are moral. 

Holy Convocations = Moral law, whether if it's weekly or yearly!!! 

Ian wrote: "Somehow it seems like you have missed this post. So I repeat it here. Compare it with the post you have."

of course I read it my brother, I take your responses seriously... and I've addressed it multiple of times... Did you miss that?

The quotes you posted is talking about the ceremonial laws, doesn't say anything about the Holy days themselves.

Ian wrote: "Do you see The national festival of the Jews was to pass away forever." 

Yes, I do see that.. Once again, I did address this already...  It's not saying  what your implying... It's not saying the annual Holy days of GOD are passed away forever. Let's put the microscope on it

EGW: "The national festival of the Jews was to pass away forever. The service which Christ established was to be observed by His followers in all lands and through all ages. DA p.652

I know on the surface it appears like she's saying the annual Holy days of GOD themselves are passed away forever, but if you look closer she is talking about it being a national festival, in other words, she's talking about it being in Jerusalem, it was a requirement to be in Jerusalem during the annual Holy days of GOD.. That is what made it a national festival.

To show that is what she's talking about notice what she wrote in the next sentence, she said the New Testament ceremonies that Jesus instituted was to observed by His followers ".. in all lands..".  Just to be sure, we see by the actions of Luke, Paul and his converts in Phillppi that they didn't stop observing the annual Holy days of GOD, why? Because Jesus didn't do away with His annual Holy Convocations. 

You have to be careful in making inspiration clash with inspiration, SOP is not saying in one place the annual Holy days are passed away forever, and in another place say they were observing the annual Holy days of GOD. 

These actions of Luke, Paul and his converts in Phillppi shows the annual Holy days of GOD aren't passed away, the annual Holy days of GOD could be observed in other lands, "in all lands"... It wasn't just a national festival anymore, in other words it wasn't a requirement to be in Jerusalem, because that requirement has passed away forever. 

So, to those who teach if you want to truly observe the annual Holy days of GOD you have to be in Jerusalem, that's a lie made up to rebut those who advocate observing them, like myself. 

Ian wrote: "As I said the Passover is not abolished but it has been replaced with something better and superior just as the ordinance of circumcision has"

Again , we are talking specifically about the Passover days, which are annual Holy days of GOD, Holy Convocations (Lev.23).

I know you said the Passover days are not abolished, but do you understand most teachers in the SDA Church teach that they are abolished? Why do you disagree with the wide held belief of most SDA teachers? 

If we ask Jason , I'm sure he'll tell you the Passover days are abolished, the reason being, he believes what SDA teach on this subject. Why don't you? 

Blessings! 

Peace 

Reasoning said: “Jesus didn't observe the ceremonial law, but He did observed the annual Holy days of GOD. What does that tell us brother?”

Jason wrote: "So in effect you are saying that Christ broke His law, the ceremonial law?
Really? If Jesus broke any of the Old Testament laws, He would be a sinner just like you.
He said ‘I have kept my Father's commandments,’ John 15:10
And again, John 8:46; ‘Which of you can truthfully accuse me of sin?’"

Jason wrote: "To support your false believe you misquote sister White. This is pitiable
You quoted EGW as saying:
"Christ passed through all the experiences of his childhood, youth, and manhood without the observance of ceremonial temple worship.
Butt then you twisted her words like other false teachers by concluding:
Reasoning: “Jesus didn't observe the ceremonial law, but He did observed the annual Holy days of GOD”
 What? Can’t you see the difference. This is a glaring heretical lie; calling Jesus a sinner."

Brother Jason, thank you... :)

In effect it's not so, I'm not saying Jesus broke His law... Since your mind is steadfastly stuck on believing the annual Holy days of GOD are ceremonial, it would appear to you that way. Let me try and show you.

I assume you believe like many SDA that the feast days of GOD are ceremonial law correct?  You believe that if a person wants to observe the annual feast days it must be in Jerusalem in the temple correct? (In order to move forward, can you please answer the questions) 

I'm saying SOP said  

EGW: " Christ passed through all the experiences of his childhood, youth, and manhood without the observance of ceremonial temple worship."

The first question we have to ask, what was considered "ceremonial temple worship" ? 

You believe the observance of the annual Holy days of GOD was part of ceremonial temple worship correct? 

If so, with all due respect, then your the one believing and promoting a lie!!! 

Why do I say that? Very simply, if Jesus didn't observe the ceremonial law like EGW said, and He observed the annual Holy days of GOD like the SOP confirms as well, then that means the annual Holy days of GOD are not ceremonial, but moral. I say it again and again, Holy Convocations of GOD are not ceremonial, a Holy Day of GOD whether weekly or yearly is not ceremonial, it's moral. Gathering together to worship GOD is moral. 

This reasoning is not foreign to you, it's the same thing that many SDA goes through when teaching on the Sabbath.. Those who believe the 7th Day Sabbath is done away with say it is part of the ceremonial law, and of course SDA teach that it's not. One of the ways to prove that is the example of Jesus, SDA teach that it was Jesus' custom to observed the Sabbath. 

The Bible and SOP in the writings of EGW says Jesus observe the annual Holy days of GOD as well. If Jesus observed them then it's good for us. 

The annual Holy days of GOD was being observed well after the cross, SDA main pillars of doctrine was based on observing one of the annual Holy Convocations of GOD. The end of the Biblical time line of the 2300 day prophecy was calculated by understanding the annual Holy days of GOD, specifically, the Day of Atonement.

The facts are clear that GOD is still using HIS annual Holy days of Convocation in relation to events concerning the second coming of Jesus after the cross... One thousand eight hundred forty four years after the cross is positive proof of that brother Jason. 

EGW: "In like manner the types which relate to the second advent must be fulfilled at the time pointed out in the symbolic service." GC p.399

Why would GOD stop doing in the future on what HE has done in the past? 

Zech 14:16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.
17 And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.
18 And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the Lord will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.
19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

Blessings! 

Thanks for your reply but you have not adequately refuted any of the points  raised.  If anything you have further confused the issue. 

You asserted "I'm not saying Jesus broke His law." 

but then suggested  "Jesus didn't observe the ceremonial law.."

You are tying to say that Jesus kept the feast days away from the temple and contrary to the Law. 

Your reasoning is also flawed by saying that Jesus' keeping of the feast, as every Jew was supposed to do, makes it a moral Law. 

Ceremonial temple worship. The law of the feasts was called a service 

As the sons of Joseph made preparation to attend the Feast of Tabernacles, they saw that Christ made no movement signifying His intention of attending. They watched Him with anxiety. Since the healing at Bethesda He had not attended the national gatherings. To avoid useless conflict with the leaders at Jerusalem, He had restricted His labors to Galilee. His apparent neglect of the great religious assemblies, and the enmity manifested toward Him by the priests and rabbis, were a cause of perplexity to the people about Him, and even to His own disciples and His kindred. In His teachings He had dwelt upon the blessings of obedience to the law of God, and yet He Himself seemed to be indifferent to the service which had been divinely established.  {DA 450.1}

We have demonstrated to you how all the feast pointed to Christ, the lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world, but you maintain that they are still binding on Christians even if Christ has already come, and notwithstanding they were not keep by the pioneers, Ellen White or any Seventh day Adventists but by other churches like the Seven day Day Church of God etc./.   

Actually Ellen White spoke of all the feast and what the pointed to. She even said that we need to have camp meetings which she refers to as  holy convocations like ancient Israel did. But these feast days have no significant for us now as she stated below. 

"On the fourteenth day of the month, at even, the Passover was celebrated, its solemn, impressive ceremonies commemorating the deliverance from bondage in Egypt, and pointing forward to the sacrifice that should deliver from the bondage of sin. When the Saviour yielded up His life on Calvary, the significance of the Passover ceased, and the ordinance of the Lord’s Supper was instituted as a memorial of the same event of which the Passover had been a type. {PP 539.5}

Remember, the significance of the Passover ceased. Remember that. 

The Passover was followed by the seven day’s feast of unleavened bread. The first and the seventh day were days of holy convocation, when no servile work was to be performed. {PP 539.6}

In the seventh month came the Feast of Tabernacles, or of ingathering. {PP 540.2}

Like the Passover, the Feast of Tabernacles was commemorative.

The Feast of Tabernacles was not only commemorative but typical. It not only pointed back to the wilderness sojourn, but, as the feast of harvest, it celebrated the ingathering of the fruits of the earth, and pointed forward to the great day of final ingathering, {PP 541.2}

Your last quote shows how confused you are on the issue because it clearly shows you why we dont keep these feasts anymore. She said "These types were fulfilled, not only as to the event, but as to the time." Brother you should reconsider what you hold as truth because you are at risk of loosing your own soul if you persist in error after light has been revealed. Read prayerful without your preconceived ideas.  Here is the quote in context: 

Arguments drawn from the Old Testament types also pointed to the autumn as the time when the event represented by the “cleansing of the sanctuary” must take place. This was made very clear as attention was given to the manner in which the types relating to the first advent of Christ had been fulfilled. {GC 399.1}
The slaying of the Passover lamb was a shadow of the death of Christ. Says Paul: “Christ our Passover is sacrificed for us.” 1 Corinthians 5:7. The sheaf of first fruits, which at the time of the Passover was waved before the Lord, was typical of the resurrection of Christ. Paul says, in speaking of the resurrection of the Lord and of all His people: “Christ the first fruits; afterward they that are Christ’s at His coming.” 1 Corinthians 15:23. Like the wave sheaf, which was the first ripe grain gathered before the harvest, Christ is the first fruits of that immortal harvest of redeemed ones that at the future resurrection shall be gathered into the garner of God. {GC 399.2}
These types were fulfilled, not only as to the event, but as to the time. On the fourteenth day of the first Jewish month, the very day and month on which for fifteen long centuries the Passover lamb had been slain, Christ, having eaten the Passover with His disciples, instituted that feast which was to commemorate His own death as “the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.” That same night He was taken by wicked hands to be crucified and slain. And as the antitype of the wave sheaf our Lord was raised from the dead on the third day, “the first fruits of them that slept,” a sample of all the resurrected just, whose “vile body” shall be changed, and “fashioned like unto His glorious body.” Verse 20; Philippians 3:21. {GC 399.3}
In like manner the types which relate to the second advent must be fulfilled at the time pointed out in the symbolic service. Under the Mosaic system the cleansing of the sanctuary, or the great Day of Atonement, occurred on the tenth day of the seventh Jewish month (Leviticus 16:29-34), when the high priest, having made an atonement for all Israel, and thus removed their sins from the sanctuary, came forth and blessed the people. So it was believed that Christ, our great High Priest, would appear to purify the earth by the destruction of sin and sinners, and to bless His waiting people with immortality. The tenth day of the seventh month, the great Day of Atonement, the time of the cleansing of the sanctuary, which in the year 1844 fell upon the twenty-second of October, was regarded as the time of the Lord’s coming. This was in harmony with the proofs already presented that the 2300 days would terminate in the autumn, and the conclusion seemed irresistible. {GC 399.4}
I would encourage you to prayerfully read over what i posted above because I don't think you have understood what was said based on your response. You believe that you have some new light but it's contrary to SOP, the bible and your SDA brethren. 

Peace 

Jason wrote: "Thanks for your reply but you have not adequately refuted any of the points raised. If anything you have further confused the issue.

Yes, I did adequately refuted all your points, but let me try to show you again. 

Jason wrote: "You asserted "I'm not saying Jesus broke His law.""

Yes, I said Jesus did not break His law. I said that because you said this

Jason wrote: "So in effect you are saying that Christ broke His law, the ceremonial law?

Jason wrote: " but then suggested "Jesus didn't observe the ceremonial law.."

It wasn't me who suggested Jesus didn't observed ceremonial temple worship, it was the SOP in the writings of EGW that said Jesus did not observe the ceremonial law that was done in the temple.

EGW: " Christ passed through all the experiences of his childhood, youth, and manhood without the observance of ceremonial temple worship."

Jason wrote: "You are tying to say that Jesus kept the feast days away from the temple and contrary to the Law.  Your reasoning is also flawed by saying that Jesus' keeping of the feast, as every Jew was supposed to do, makes it a moral Law. "

I'm saying Jesus observed the annual Holy days of GOD, HIS Holy Convocations, again, Holy Convocations are moral brother Jason... Jesus went to the temple to do that, just like He went to the temple to observe the Sabbath. But He did not observe the ceremonial law that was done in the temple. Other things were being done to worship GOD other than observing the ceremonial rituals done in the temple by the priest. 

EGW: [Passover]-- " In the days of Christ the people had grown cold and formal in their service to God. They thought more of their own pleasure than of His goodness to them. But it was not so with Jesus. He loved to think about God. As He came to the temple, He watched the priests in their work. He bowed with the worshipers as they knelt to pray, and His voice joined in the songs of praise." SJ p.31

You see brother Jason, other than observing ceremonial temple worship, which He did not observe, it was other things to do while having Convocation with other worshippers in the temple.. He prayed and "His voice joined in the songs of praise" with them. The service of prayer and praise and worship was done as well. 

Your line of reasoning is line with those who argue against the Sabbath, in trying to make a Holy day of GOD ceremonial law.

Don't worry brother Jason, I'm a patient person, you must differentiate ceremonial law and moral law. Right now your trying to make what's moral into ceremonial. A Holy day of GOD is not ceremonial, there were ceremonies done on Holy days of GOD, on the Sabbath and the annual sabbaths of GOD. 

Jason wrote: "Ceremonial temple worship. The law of the feasts was called a service "

Ok, let's go over the statement you posted from EGW, and the parts you highlighted 

EGW : "As the sons of Joseph made preparation to attend the Feast of Tabernacles, they saw that Christ made no movement signifying His intention of attending. They watched Him with anxiety. Since the healing at Bethesda He had not attended the national gatherings. To avoid useless conflict with the leaders at Jerusalem, He had restricted His labors to Galilee. His apparent neglect of the great religious assemblies, and the enmity manifested toward Him by the priests and rabbis, were a cause of perplexity to the people about Him, and even to His own disciples and His kindred. In His teachings He had dwelt upon the blessings of obedience to the law of God, and yet He Himself seemed to be indifferent to the service which had been divinely established. {DA 450.1}

I'm sorry, what are you getting from this? 

For myself, what I get, while keeping in mind 

EGW: " Christ passed through all the experiences of his childhood, youth, and manhood without the observance of ceremonial temple worship."

Going back to the statement you posted, What EGW is talking about is the "great religious assemblies", can we agree?   

EGW : "His apparent neglect of the great religious assemblies" 

It appeared to many, even to Jesus' own brothers that He was neglecting the Holy days of GOD. What it appeared to them wasn't case. 

EGW: "In His teachings He had dwelt upon the blessings of obedience to the law of God, and yet He Himself seemed to be indifferent to the service which had been divinely established."

Right, if we agree the context is about the annual Holy days of GOD, then we agree Jesus taught to be obedient to that part of GOD'S law. But unfortunately to Jesus' brothers He "seemed to be indifferent " to those annual Holy days of GOD that He taught were "blessings". 

But Jesus' brothers didn't know it wasn't His time.. the heat was on Jesus to be killed, He knew His time was during other religious assemblies of GOD, that being Passover.

Jesus' brothers was tripping, actually telling GOD in the flesh what to do.

EGW: "So anxious were they about this that they urged Christ to go to Jerusalem. “Depart hence,” they said, “and go into Judea, that Thy disciples also may see the works that Thou doest. For there is no man that doeth anything in secret, and he himself seeketh to be known openly. If Thou do these things, show Thyself to the world.” The “if” expressed doubt and unbelief. They attributed cowardice and weakness to Him." Da p.450

EGW: "These brothers of Jesus reasoned from the selfish motive so often found in the hearts of those ambitious for display. This spirit was the ruling spirit of the world." DA p.451

EGW: "Then Jesus said unto them, My time is not yet come: but your time is alway ready. The world cannot hate you; but Me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil. Go ye up unto this feast: I go not up yet unto this feast; for My time is not yet full come. When He had said these words unto them, He abode still in Galilee.” His brothers had spoken to Him in a tone of authority, prescribing the course He should pursue." DA p.451

EGW: "But He was not to be presumptuous, not to rush into danger, not to hasten a crisis. Each event in His work had its appointed hour. He must wait patiently. He knew that He was to receive the world’s hatred; He knew that His work would result in His death; but to prematurely expose Himself would not be the will of His Father. – {DA 451.3}

But after all that, after the "apparent neglect" of the annual Holy days of GOD and what "seemed" to be to His brothers and many in Jerusalem, the fact is that Jesus did go to observe the Feast of Tabernacles. 

EGW: "Meanwhile Jesus had quietly arrived at Jerusalem. He had chosen an unfrequented route by which to go, in order to avoid the travelers who were making their way to the city from all quarters. Had He joined any of the caravans that went up to the feast, public attention would have been attracted to Him on His entrance into the city, and a popular demonstration in His favor would have aroused the authorities against Him. It was to avoid this that He chose to make the journey alone. – {DA 452.1}

Brother Jason, it was Jesus' custom to observe the annual Holy days of GOD... Holy days of Convocation is not ceremonial.. In other words, having Church on The Holy Days of GOD, whether it's weekly, monthly or annually, that's not ceremonial. Again, just to be sure, the facts show the Apostles Luke and Paul observing the annual Holy days of GOD after the cross. 

These facts show that what you believe is wrong, the annual Holy days of GOD was still being kept. There's no instruction not to observe them or proof they were stop being observed. This is some twenty years after the cross. Bro come on... Unfortunately you have taken scripture and passages from the SOP in the writings of EGW talking about the ceremonial law and making it appear as its talking about the annual Holy Days of GOD.

GOD has shown through the establishment of the SDA Church that HIS annual Holy days are still important to us today... Oct.22, 1844 was one of GOD'S annual Holy days. Do you think GOD has changed in this regards in relation to the second advent of Jesus?  Most SDA believe the Feast of Tabernacles hasn't met its fulfillment yet, that it's still future. Read Zech.14. 

I will address the rest of your post later today. Thank you! 

Blessings!

Before you address the' rest of' the post I need you to understand that CHRIST DIDNOT BREAK THE LAW WHETHER CEREMONIAL OR MORAL ( TEN COMMANDMENTS). 

There is a quote that you keep on using which you have not understood. There is a HUGE DIFFERENT between ceremonial temple worship and keeping The Ceremonial LAW. I will post in here in it's context that all can understand. The highlighted parts will help you understand what she was saying. 

"He began His mission in the lowly walks of life, placing Himself where the family of which He was a member required His service. He did not shirk responsibility, but carried into His labour cheerfulness and tact. He regarded every department of human industry as though it were a part of His commission from God. The Commander of heaven became subject to command, but in it all He manifested heartiness and devotion. He was a perfect pattern in every place. {BEcho October 31, 1898, par. 6}
Christ passed through all the experiences of His childhood, youth, and manhood without the observance of ceremonial temple worship. He held no office, He assumed no rank. He passed through the experience of infancy, childhood, and manhood without a stain upon His character. He consecrated Himself to God that He might benefit and bless others, to show that in every period of life the human agent can do the Master’s will. {BEcho October 31, 1898, par. 7}
She is saying that Christ placed himself in a family which required His service. As a family member He did all that he had to do- He wasn't disobedient to His family, the Law or His responsibility. In fact He was a perfect pattern in every place. Notwithstanding His perfection there is something that He did not do. WHY? Because as she said , there was not a stain upon His character. Now you begin to see what she is getting at. Since He had no sin, there was no need to engage Himself with animal sacrifice ( ceremonial temple worship). There was no SIN to transfer to any animal or sanctuary. There was simple NO SIN in HIM. SO that part of worship did not concern Him. Actually He was the TRUE LAMB OF GOD WHO WOULD TAKE AWAY THE SINS OF THE WORLD. 
Therefore brother Rea, Christ did not have to engage in this ceremonial temple worship simple because He was sinless.
Ron and Connie Dahlke In the book 'The Elijah Message' understood the true meaning of the quote when they wrote: 
        " Never do we see Jesus offering an animal sacrifice during His life on earth. He was the true Sacrifice- He offered up Himself as a ransom for many, that all who believe in Him should not parish but have eternal life( John 3:16). While "Christ passed through all the experiences of His childhood, youth, and manhood without the observance of ceremonial temple worship, yet... " 
Then he continues, saying how Jesus kept the feast in the temple,  siting john 7: 37-38 
Then the author continued: " The term " Ceremonial Worship" like the term 'ceremonial law' has to do with the offering of animal sacrifices, and that is something in which Jesus did not participate." 
The author has a point there by saying that ceremonial worship had to do with offering animal sacrifices and concluding that Jesus did not participate in that as Ellen White affirmed. 
But  if you are saying that ceremonial temple worship is the same as the ceremonial law then there we disagree because the ceremonial law includes temple worship, feasts days and much more. What the feast-keepers, like these authors do, is try to separate the feasts days from the ceremonial law, but Ellen White and the bible maintain that there only two distinction: the Moral Law or ten commandments and other laws. The Ten Commandment is by itself and does not include feast days: 
The ceremonial law was thus given to Moses, and by him written in a book. But the law of Ten Commandments spoken from Sinai had been written by God Himself on the tables of stone, and was sacredly preserved in the ark. {PP 364.3}
There are many who try to blend these two systems, using the texts that speak of the ceremonial law to prove that the moral law has been abolished; but this is a perversion of the Scriptures. The distinction between the two systems is broad and clear. The ceremonial system was made up of symbols pointing to Christ, to His sacrifice and His priesthood. This ritual law, with its sacrifices and ordinances, was to be performed by the Hebrews until type met antitype in the death of Christ, the Lamb of God that taketh away the sin of the world. Then all the sacrificial offerings were to cease. It is this law that Christ “took ... out of the way, nailing it to His cross.” Colossians 2:14. But concerning the law of Ten Commandments the psalmist declares, “Forever, O Lord, Thy word is settled in heaven.” Psalm 119:89. And Christ Himself says, “Think not that I am come to destroy the law.... Verily I say unto you”—making the assertion as emphatic as possible—“Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.” Matthew 5:17, 18. Here He teaches, not merely what the claims of God’s law had been, and were then, but that these claims should hold as long as the heavens and the earth remain. The law of God is as immutable as His throne. It will maintain its claims upon mankind in all ages. {PP 365.1}
Concerning the law proclaimed from Sinai, Nehemiah says, “Thou camest down also upon Mount Sinai, and spakest with them from heaven, and gavest them right judgments, and true laws, good statutes and commandments.” Nehemiah 9:13. And Paul, “the apostle to the Gentiles,” declares, “The law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.” Romans 7:12. This can be no other than the Decalogue; for it is the law that says, “Thou shalt not covet.” Verse 7. {PP 365.2}
While the Saviour’s death brought to an end the law of types and shadows, it did not in the least detract from the obligation of the moral law. On the contrary, the very fact that it was necessary for Christ to die in order to atone for the transgression of that law, proves it to be immutable. {PP 365.3}
This is so clear. She kept on differentiating between the  'The ceremonial law'  and the 'law of Ten Commandments.' between 'the ceremonial law' and the 'moral law.' In fact the law of Ten Commandments is used interchangeably with the 'moral law' over and over again. 
She said " The ceremonial system was made..."and then contrasted that with.. "But concerning the law of Ten Commandments the psalmist declares, “Forever, O Lord, Thy word is settled in heaven"
One has to be completely blind  not to see what the moral law is here. She even said "This can be no other than the Decalogue; for it is the law that says, “Thou shalt not covet.” Verse 7. {PP 365.2}
What more proof to you need to believe the truth? The truth is glaring right before you, will you accept or keep hardening your heart? 

Peace

Jason wrote: "Before you address the' rest of' the post I need you to understand that CHRIST DIDNOT BREAK THE LAW WHETHER CEREMONIAL OR MORAL ( TEN COMMANDMENTS).
There is a quote that you keep on using which you have not understood. There is a HUGE DIFFERENT between ceremonial temple worship and keeping The Ceremonial LAW. I will post in here in it's context that all can understand. The highlighted parts will help you understand what she was saying. "

I'm sorry what is the difference?

Ceremonial temple worship is what the ceremonial laws are or were... So I don't know what you see as a "HUGE DIFFERENT" between ceremonial temple worship and the ceremonial law, because the ceremonial law was the laws telling the Jewish nation what to do in the temple.

As I showed you, SOP said Jesus didn't observe ceremonial law, which are those types that passed away by His death. He gave both the moral and ceremonial law, but because He was without sin there was no need to keep any part of the ceremonial law. You seem to agree.

EGW: "Christ Himself had given both the moral and the ceremonial law." DA p.307

Jason wrote: "She is saying that Christ placed himself in a family which required His service. As a family member He did all that he had to do- He wasn't disobedient to His family, the Law or His responsibility. In fact He was a perfect pattern in every place. Notwithstanding His perfection there is something that He did not do. WHY? Because as she said , there was not a stain upon His character. Now you begin to see what she is getting at. Since He had no sin, there was no need to engage Himself with animal sacrifice ( ceremonial temple worship). There was no SIN to transfer to any animal or sanctuary. There was simple NO SIN in HIM. SO that part of worship did not concern Him. Actually He was the TRUE LAMB OF GOD WHO WOULD TAKE AWAY THE SINS OF THE WORLD."

I agree with you brother Jason... However I never said Jesus was "disobedient to His family, the Law or His responsibility". Where do you get that from, why would you imply that?

EGW: "Two Laws: Moral and Ceremonial
Many try to blend these two systems, using the texts that speak of the ceremonial law to prove that the moral law has been abolished, but this is a perversion of the Scriptures. The ceremonial system was made up of symbols pointing to Christ, to His sacrifice and priesthood. This ritual law with its sacrifices and ordinances was to be performed by the Hebrews until type met antitype in the death of Christ. Then all the sacrificial offerings were to cease. It is this law that Christ “took ... out of the way, nailing it to His cross.” Colossians 2:14. – EP p.255

This ceremonial law that EGW is talking about is what Jesus didn't observe... It's only one ceremonial law. So whether it's referred to ceremonial temple worship, ceremonial system, it's talking about the ceremonial law. 

Jason wrote: "Then he continues, saying how Jesus kept the feast in the temple, siting john 7: 37-38 Then the author continued: " The term " Ceremonial Worship" like the term 'ceremonial law' has to do with the offering of animal sacrifices, and that is something in which Jesus did not participate. The author has a point there by saying that ceremonial worship had to do with offering animal sacrifices and concluding that Jesus did not participate in that as Ellen White affirmed. "

Again, ".. The ceremonial system was made up of symbols pointing to Christ, to His sacrifice and priesthood. This ritual law with its sacrifices and ordinances was to be performed by the Hebrews until type met antitype in the death of Christ.".

As we agree, Jesus didn't observe the ceremonial system with its sacrifices and ordinances, but as I been pointing out to you, Jesus did observe the annual Holy days of GOD. His life shows us what's ceremonial and what's moral.
We can see the annual Holy days of GOD wasn't considered ceremonial law by Luke, Paul and his converts actions.

If the annual Holy days of GOD were done away with or abolished at the cross, then why are Jewish and Gentile Christians still observing them some twenty years after the cross?

Do you believe they are keeping the ceremonial law in Phillippi by observing the annual Holy days of Convocation?

Let's go almost three centuries after the cross,

Polycrates wrote: "We observe the exact day; neither adding, nor taking away. For in Asia also great lights have fallen asleep, which shall rise again on the day of the Lord's coming, when he shall come with glory from heaven, and shall seek out all the saints. Among these are Philip, one of the twelve apostles, who fell asleep in Hierapolis; and his two aged virgin daughters, and another daughter, who lived in the Holy Spirit and now rests at Ephesus; and, moreover, John, who was both a witness and a teacher, who reclined upon the bosom of the Lord, and, being a priest, wore the sacerdotal plate. He fell asleep at Ephesus. And Polycarp in Smyrna, who was a bishop and martyr; and Thraseas, bishop and martyr from Eumenia, who fell asleep in Smyrna. Why need I mention the bishop and martyr Sagaris who fell asleep in Laodicea, or the blessed Papirius, or Melito, the Eunuch who lived altogether in the Holy Spirit, and who lies in Sardis, awaiting the episcopate from heaven, when he shall rise from the dead? All these observed the fourteenth day of the passover according to the Gospel, deviating in no respect, but following the rule of faith. And I also, Polycrates, the least of you all, do according to the tradition of my relatives, some of whom I have closely followed. For seven of my relatives were bishops; and I am the eighth. And my relatives always observed the day when the people put away the leaven. I, therefore, brethren, who have lived sixty-five years in the Lord, and have met with the brethren throughout the world, and have gone through every Holy Scripture, am not affrighted by terrifying words. For those greater than I have said ' We ought to obey God rather than man' --- (Eusebius. Church History, Book V, Chapter 24. Translated by Arthur Cushman McGiffert. Excerpted from Nicene and Post-Nicene Fathers, Series Two, Volume 1. Edited by Philip Schaff and Henry Wace. American Edition, 1890. Online Edition Copyright © 2004 by K. Knight; also Eusebius. The History of the Church, Book 5, Chapter XXIV. Digireads.com, 2005, p. 115).

Brother Jason, do you believe these Gentile Christians, some who were martyrs are observing ceremonial law?

there is no proof that the annual Holy days of GOD were done away with, especially when there is positive proof that they were still being kept after the cross.

The RCC can't be mad at you bro, because you advocate what they teach..

"The Cath. Church abolished not only the Sabbath, but all the other Jewish festivals. Pray and study. I shall be always glad to help you as long as you honestly seek the truth. Respectfully, T. Enright CSSR.” June 1905

Blessings!

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2021   Created by Clark P.   Powered by