Adventist Online

Peace

 Brothers and sisters of the SDA movement, this post is to show that the teaching within the Church that GOD'S Holy set times are done away with is wrong. Teaching the annual Holy Days of GOD are done away with weakens some our reasoning on why we should observe the 7th Day Sabbath. Let me show you how.

 When SDA teach about the 7th Day Sabbath, we use several reasoning methods to show that the 7th Day Sabbath is not done away with as many Christians believe. 

 One of them is, it was Jesus' custom  to observed the 7th Sabbath, and we should do what Jesus did, He is our example. For me, this is the most powerful proof that the 7th Day Sabbath is not done away with... I never heard anyone say there are things Jesus did that we shouldn't do, I always heard if Jesus did it, we should do it. 

 However, when it comes to applying that same reasoning to the annual Holy Days of GOD, that's not good enough for many in the SDA Church on why we should observe them. To me that's illegal reasoning, because you can't apply a reasoning point to one subject (the 7th Day Sabbath) and not use or ignore that same point on another subject (the annual Holy Days) that's within the same context, GOD'S Holy appointed times. 

 Whatever Jesus did, we should do. I don't believe anyone here will dispute this. 

 

 EGW: "The example of Christ is authoritative for every son and daughter of Adam.He represented the law of God in His life, giving to men an example of what obedience to every precept will accomplish for human nature. He is our example, and every one who is endowed with reasoning faculties is required to follow in His footsteps; for His life is a perfect pattern to all humanity. Christ is the finished standard of the character to which every one may attain. . . ." SD p.137

 

 With that said, let's ask ourselves, did Jesus observe the annual Holy Days of GOD along with the 7th Day Sabbath.. The answer is Yes! 

 


EGW: [Passover]-- " In the days of Christ the people had grown cold and formal in their service to God. They thought more of their own pleasure than of His goodness to them. But it was not so with Jesus. He loved to think about God. As He came to the temple, He watched the priests in their work. He bowed with the worshipers as they knelt to pray, and His voice joined in the songs of praise." SJ p.31

EGW: "Also in the fifteenth day of the seventh month, when ye have gathered in the fruit of the land, ye shall keep a feast unto the Lord seven days: on the first day shall be a sabbath, and on the eighth day shall be a sabbath. And ye shall take you on the first day the boughs of goodly trees, branches of palm-trees, and the boughs of thick trees, and willows of the brook; and ye shall rejoice before the Lord your God seven days. And ye shall keep it a feast unto the Lord seven days in the year. It shall be a statute forever in your generations: ye shall celebrate it in the seventh month. Ye shall dwell in booths seven days; all that are Israelites born shall dwell in booths: that your generations may know that I made the children of Israel to dwell in booths, when I brought them out of the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God." It was to the celebration of this feast that Jesus came. RH July 7,1896

 When teaching about the 7th Day Sabbath, and Jesus observing the Holy day, for me it's a slam dunk reason on why we should observe the Sabbath. Again, I never heard anyone say there are things that Jesus did that we shouldn't do. I always heard if Jesus did it, then it's good for us to do.

  


Lets look after the cross, is GOD'S people observing the Holy feast days of GOD? Lets look at Luke, Paul and converts, which were mostly gentiles

 
EGW: "At Philippi Paul tarried to keep the Passover. Only Luke remained with him, the other members of the company passing on to Troas to await him there. The Philippians were the most loving and truehearted of the apostle’s converts, and during the eight days of the feast he enjoyed peaceful and happy communion with them." AA p.390

  Luke, Paul and his Phillippian converts kept the whole eight days of the feast. If I'm not mistaken, this is about 20 something years after Jesus' death and resurrection. 

 Their actions is positive proof that the annual Holy Days of GOD were still being kept by Christian Jews and Gentiles. Again, this is the same reasoning towards the 7th Day Sabbath, 

 

Joe Crews: "In Acts 16:13 we have positive proof that Paul kept the Sabbath even when there was no synagogue and no Jews. He was ministering in Greece, where there were only a few scattered Jews and no synagogue at all. What did he do on the Sabbath? “And on the sabbath we went out of the city by a river side, where prayer was wont to be made; and we sat down, and spoke unto the women which resorted thither.”
Even with no church to attend, the apostle sought out a spot where religious worship was carried on—a place of prayer by the river—and preached to those who went there. Surely, no one can fail to discern Paul’s deep commitment to the Sabbath as we follow him in this unusual outdoor mission. Just suppose this Macedonian experience had taken place on the first day of the week instead of the Sabbath. Without question, it would be cited as absolute evidence for Sunday worship, and we would have to concur. But what possible arguments can one present against this example of Paul in true Sabbath keeping."

 Let's get some commentary from Steve Wohlberg Of White horse media, it's the tenth reason on why The Sabbath is not just for the Jewish people.


Steve Wohlberg (White horse media) wrote: " 10) Luke was a Gentile who kept the Sabbath. Luke was the only Gentile who wrote any New Testament books (he wrote The Gospel According to St. Luke and The Acts of the Apostles). Luke traveled with Paul and wrote, “On the Sabbath we went out of the city by a river side.” Acts 16:13. It was the seventh-day Sabbath, the memorial of the creation (see Ex. 20:11). Both Luke and Paul knew it."

 Applying that same reasoning, which is a good reasoning to use for SDA to use when teaching why we should be still observing the 7th Day Sabbath, it is one of the reasons that led me to understanding the Sabbath truth, because like people say, actions speaks louder than words... Taking that same reasoning and applying it to the annual Holy Days of GOD must be good too.

 EGW: "At Philippi Paul tarried to keep the Passover. Only Luke remained with him, the other members of the company passing on to Troas to await him there. The Philippians were the most loving and truehearted of the apostle’s converts, and during the eight days of the feast he enjoyed peaceful and happy communion with them." AA p.390

 Surly no one should believe they were sacrificing animals during this Passover celebration, so the argument that if we want to observe the annual Holy Days we must sacrifice animals, that holds no weight.

 Those who say we must be in Jerusalem to properly observe the annual Holy Days of GOD, that holds no weight. They were in Phillippi, not Jerusalem.  These are points of view that many SDA hold, because it's being taught by our teachers. 

 I highly respect Doug Batchelor, probably the most recognized SDA today.. I heard him teach on why Christians are not obligated to observe the annual Holy Days of GOD... some of them are, The Ten Commandments are written on stone, and annual Holy Days are written on paper, another one is, The Ten Commandments are inside the Ark and the commandments about the annual Holy Days are on the side of the Ark.. None of that holds any weight, because SDA fully understand that there are commandments written on that paper and put on the side of the Ark that we say are still binding, like the health laws.

 

 

Doug Batchelor: "2. Why did God give health principles to His people?
"The Lord commanded us to observe all these statutes, to fear the Lord our God, for our good always, that He might preserve us alive” (Deuteronomy 6:24).
“You shall serve the Lord your God, and He will bless your bread and your water. And I will take sickness away from the midst of you” (Exodus 23:25).

Answer: God gave health principles because He knows what is best for the human body. Automobile manufacturers place an operations manual in the glove compartment of each new car because they know what is best for their creation. God, who made our bodies, also has an “operations manual.” It is the Bible. Ignoring God’s “operations manual” often results in disease, twisted thinking, and burned-out lives, just as abusing a car can result in serious car trouble. Following God’s principles results in “saving health” (Psalm 67:2 KJV) and more abundant life (John 10:10). With our cooperation, God can use these great health laws to significantly reduce and eliminate the effects of the diseases of Satan (Psalm 103:2, 3)."

  The argument that the annual Holy Days of GOD are done away with because they are written on paper and on the side of the Ark, and at the same time saying laws (health) written on the same paper and placed on the side of the Ark are still binding shows that we shouldn't throw the baby out with the bath water. We have to properly identify what is the moral laws and what was ceremonial temple worship laws (the bath water).  We find that out by the actions of Jesus and the Apostles. Again, Jesus observed the annual Holy Days of GOD, so without a doubt we can say they are moral.

 EGW: "In consequence of continual transgression, the moral law was repeated in awful grandeur from Sinai. Christ gave to Moses religious precepts which were to govern the everyday life. These statutes were explicitly given to guard the ten commandments. They were not shadowy types to pass away with the death of Christ. They were to be binding upon man in every age as long as time should last. These commands were enforced by the power of the moral law, and they clearly and definitely explained that law. "–  RH May 6, 1875 

 The term ceremonial feast days is used often, but the term is not used nowhere in the Bible or SOP in the writings of EGW. But unfortunately many SDA use the term to strengthen their argument on why we shouldn't observe the annual Holy Days. Of course when we hear ceremonial, we automatically know the ceremonial laws was done away with at the Cross. So ceremonial is attached to the annual Holy Days. There were ceremonies done on all of GOD'S Holy Days including the 7th Day Sabbath , but the day itself is not a ceremony. 

 

 Where does this teaching come from? Who takes responsibility for trying to change GOD'S annual Holy Days? It's the same people who thinks to change times and laws, the Roman Catholic Church!

 

Daniel 7:25 (King James Version)
"And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.


 Most SDA know this verse, and we mainly apply it to the Sabbath, but it's talking about the Feast days as well... Lets go to several other translations of the Bible... It sheds more light on what these "times"(Plural) are..


Daniel 7:25 (Amplified Bible)
"And he shall speak words against the Most High [God] and shall wear out the saints of the Most High and think to change the time [of sacred feasts and holy days] and the law; and the saints shall be given into his hand for a time, two times, and half a time [three and one-half years].


Daniel 7:25 (New Living Translation)
"He will defy the Most High and oppress the holy people of the Most High. He will try to change their sacred festivals and laws, and they will be placed under his control for a time, times, and half a time.


Dan. 7:25 (New American Bible)

"He shall speak against the Most High and oppress the holy ones of the Most High, thinking to change the feast days and the law. They shall be handed over to him for a time, times, and half a time


Daniel 7:25Christian Standard Bible (CSB)

25 He will speak words against the Most High and oppress[a] the holy ones of the Most High. He will intend to change religious festivals and laws, and the holy ones will be handed over to him for a time, times, and half a time.


Daniel 7:25 GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)

25 He will speak against the Most High God, oppress the holy people of the Most High, and plan to change the appointed times and laws. The holy people will be handed over to him for a time, times, and half of a time.

Daniel 7:25Good News Translation (GNT)

25 He will speak against the Supreme God and oppress God's people. He will try to change their religious laws and festivals, and God's people will be under his power for three and a half years.


Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

25 He will speak words against the Most High and oppress[a] the holy ones of the Most High. He will intend to change religious festivals[b] and laws, and the holy ones will be handed over to him for a time, times, and half a time

   AT Jones gives a History lesson in the book Great empires of Prophecy, he said


"From Rome there came now another addition to the sunworshipping apostasy. The first Christians being mostly Jews, continued to celebrate, in remembrance of the death of Christ, the true Passover; and this was continued among those who from among the Gentles had turned to Christ. Accordingly, the celebration was always on the Passover day, the fourteenth of the first month. Rome, however, and from her all the West, adopted the day of the sun as the day of this coloration. According to the Eastern custom, the celebration, being on the fourteenth day of the month, would of course fall on different days of the week as the years resolved. The rule of Rome was that the celebration must always be on a Sunday." (Great Empires of Prophecy, 1898, p. 389 by A.T. Jones)

 At SDA crusades we like to show the Roman Catholic Church speaking these words against The Most High, and admitting they are the reason for this attempted change. Let see,

 For 25 Years Father Enright Offers $1,000 For A Bible Verse Commanding Sunday Observance:

“Dear Friend, I have
offered and still offer $1000 to any one who can prove to me from
the Bible alone that I am bound, under grievous sin to keep
Sunday holy. It was the Catholic Church which made the law
obliging us to keep Sunday holy. The church made this law long
after the Bible was written. Hence said law is not in the Bible.
Christ, our Lord empowered his church to make laws binding in
conscience. He said to his apostles and their lawful sucessors in
the priesthood “Whatsoever you shall bind on earth shall be
binding in heaven.” Matthew 16:19. Matthew 18:17. Luke 16:19.
The Cath. Church abolished not only the Sabbath, but all the other Jewish festivals. Pray and study. I shall be always glad to help you as long as you honestly seek the truth. Respectfully, T.
Enright CSSR.” June 1905

  It's not just the 7th Day Sabbath people of GOD, they take credit for trying to abolish the annual Holy Days of GOD too. Let's check out some more..

 This from the Catholic Catechism, by Peter Cardinal Gasparri, translated by the Rev. Hugh Pope, O.P., second printing, copyright 1932 and printed by P. J. Kenedy & Sons, Typographi Pontificii, 12 Barclay Street, New York, questions 203-206, pages 120-121.


(204) What were the festival days in the Old Testament?

In the Old Testament there were many festival days, but the chief one was the Sabbath, the very name of which signifies the rest needful for the worship of God, whence it is called "the day of rest."


"(205) Why is the Sabbath day not observed under the New Testament?

The Sabbath day is not observed under the New Testament, because in its place the Church keeps Sunday in honor of the Resurrection of Jesus Christ, and the coming down of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost; the Church also adds other festival days.

(206) To what, then, are we bound nowadays as regards keeping festival days holy?

As regards keeping festival days holy we are to-day bound to sanctify, in the manner proscribed by the Church, the Sundays and other Feast days appointed by her."

   This is from the Catechism of Pope Pius X:

2 Q. What are festivals?

A. In the Old Law they were Saturdays and certain other days regarded as specially solemn by the Jews; in the New Law they are Sundays and other festivals instituted by the Church

 Again, we know these statements all to well, however this shows it wasn't just the 7th Day Sabbath trying to be done away with by the Catholic Church, but the annual Holy Days of GOD as well. 

   After Paul's time, we see from the facts of history that this battle continued, there were Christians that were Gentiles like Polycrates that observed the annual Holy time of GOD when HE said to observe it, and not listen to the Catholic Church. 

 Polycrates wrote:  "We observe the exact day; neither adding, nor taking away. For in Asia also great lights have fallen asleep, which shall rise again on the day of the Lord's coming, when he shall come with glory from heaven, and shall seek out all the saints. Among these are Philip, one of the twelve apostles, who fell asleep in Hierapolis; and his two aged virgin daughters, and another daughter, who lived in the Holy Spirit and now rests at Ephesus; and, moreover, John, who was both a witness and a teacher, who reclined upon the bosom of the Lord, and, being a priest, wore the sacerdotal plate. He fell asleep at Ephesus. And Polycarp in Smyrna, who was a bishop and martyr; and Thraseas, bishop and martyr from Eumenia, who fell asleep in Smyrna. Why need I mention the bishop and martyr Sagaris who fell asleep in Laodicea, or the blessed Papirius, or Melito, the Eunuch who lived altogether in the Holy Spirit, and who lies in Sardis, awaiting the episcopate from heaven, when he shall rise from the dead? All these observed the fourteenth day of the passover according to the Gospel, deviating in no respect, but following the rule of faith. And I also, Polycrates, the least of you all, do according to the tradition of my relatives, some of whom I have closely followed. For seven of my relatives were bishops; and I am the eighth. And my relatives always observed the day when the people put away the leaven. I, therefore, brethren, who have lived sixty-five years in the Lord, and have met with the brethren throughout the world, and have gone through every Holy Scripture, am not affrighted by terrifying words. For those greater than I have said ' We ought to obey God rather than man' --- (Eusebius. Church History, Book V, Chapter 24. Translated by Arthur Cushman McGiffert. Excerpted from Nicene and Post-Nicene Fathers, Series Two, Volume 1. Edited by Philip Schaff and Henry Wace. American Edition, 1890. Online Edition Copyright © 2004 by K. Knight; also Eusebius. The History of the Church, Book 5, Chapter XXIV. Digireads.com, 2005, p. 115).

  He covered from the Apostles to his time, and all observed the Passover on the day that GOD prescribed, the 14th day of the first month. 

 So the question many SDA have to ask themselves is, why are we taking the side of the Catholic Church in regards to the annual Holy Days of GOD and saying they are done away with, and not the side of Jesus, the apostles, and the early Christian church who continued to observed them? 

 

Blessings!

Views: 1148

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Peace 

 Ian wrote: "No Reasoning I am sorry I do not see a problem. And as I said why should we keep a day that has no meaning? For example, we keep the Sabbath for many reasons and it is full of meaning. The Passover has no meaning whatsoever. "

 That is not true... The importance is that it points to the final deliverance for the people of GOD.. When "Christ’s great work of atonement for men will then have been completed, and their sins will have been forever blotted out.".


 EGW: "The Passover was to be both commemorative and typical, not only pointing back to the deliverance from Egypt, but forward to the greater deliverance which Christ was to accomplish in freeing His people from the bondage of sin. The sacrificial lamb represents “the Lamb of God,” in whom is our only hope of salvation. Says the apostle, “Christ our passover is sacrificed for us.” 1 Corinthians 5:7. It was not enough that the paschal lamb be slain; its blood must be sprinkled upon the doorposts; so the merits of Christ’s blood must be applied to the soul. We must believe, not only that He died for the world, but that He died for us individually." EP p.190

 The Passover is still commemorative and still points forward... Of course it pointed back to the deliverance from Egypt, and the meaning of those events and ceremonies that was done pointed to Christ in giving His life freely so we can be free.


 Even though His death was and is fully sufficient to free us, we still look forward for the final deliverance , to be free from the bondage of sin constantly being around us, where Satan is always trying to trip us up. A Time when we go through the last plagues and Passover from this world of sin to the Heavenly Canaan.


 EGW: "That deliverance was typical of the great atonement which Christ made by the sacrifice of his own life for the final deliverance of his people." 1SP p.203

 EGW: "The people of Israel praised God at the Feast of Tabernacles, as they called to mind His mercy in their deliverance from the bondage of Egypt and His tender care for them during their pilgrim life in the wilderness. They rejoiced also in the consciousness of pardon and acceptance, through the service of the day of atonement, just ended. But when the ransomed of the Lord shall have been safely gathered into the heavenly Canaan, forever delivered from the bondage of the curse, under which “the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now” (Romans 8:22), they will rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory. Christ’s great work of atonement for men will then have been completed, and their sins will have been forever blotted out. " PP p.542

  

 

 Ian wrote: "The Day of Atonement in the same way has no meaning. Fair enough it was fulfilled in 1844 and no one was keeping it if you discount the ascension day when a lot of people was waiting for Christ's return."

   Right, one side of you is wrong, because the annual Holy day of Atonement didn't loose its significance or meaning after the cross!! This is proof GOD still using HIS annual Holy days to preform great events in relation to the second advent of Jesus. You think GOD has changed after Oct.22, 1844? 

 EGW: "In like manner the types which relate to the second advent must be fulfilled at the time pointed out in the symbolic service." GC p.399

  Ian wrote: "You do not perform those rites? To me, the question arises if you do not why do you keep the day? Those Days' Reasoning, was pointing forward to events that Jesus has fulfilled, so Why do we need to keep those days?"

   No, I don't perform the OT rites and ceremonies that Jesus abolished. But the annual Holy days themselves wasn't abolished. Because the annual Holy days are observed doesn't mean a person has to observe the OT rites & ceremonies. How do I know? Because Luke, Paul and his converts observed the annual Holy days of GOD after the cross... but they didn't perform OT rites & ceremonies, Jesus replaced those OT rites & ceremonies. 

   

 Ian wrote: " I guess they were observing those days for the same reason as you do pure nostalgia. Apostle Paul had this to say, and I guess you know this is one well it's one of the Sunday-keepers favorite verses to justify keeping Sunday. But here I believe that is what Paul was meaning about those feast days you think we must keep."

  Yes, you are guessing brother Ian... How about because annual Holy days of GOD wasn't abolished, as you agree.. If it wasn't abolished at the cross then that means they are still to be observed. 

 You "guess" Gentile Christians were observing the annual holy days of GOD three centuries after the cross out of "pure nostalgia" too? If so, that is not what they said, 

  

 Polycrates wrote: "We observe the exact day; neither adding, nor taking away. For in Asia also great lights have fallen asleep, which shall rise again on the day of the Lord's coming, when he shall come with glory from heaven, and shall seek out all the saints. Among these are Philip, one of the twelve apostles, who fell asleep in Hierapolis; and his two aged virgin daughters, and another daughter, who lived in the Holy Spirit and now rests at Ephesus; and, moreover, John, who was both a witness and a teacher, who reclined upon the bosom of the Lord, and, being a priest, wore the sacerdotal plate. He fell asleep at Ephesus. And Polycarp in Smyrna, who was a bishop and martyr; and Thraseas, bishop and martyr from Eumenia, who fell asleep in Smyrna. Why need I mention the bishop and martyr Sagaris who fell asleep in Laodicea, or the blessed Papirius, or Melito, the Eunuch who lived altogether in the Holy Spirit, and who lies in Sardis, awaiting the episcopate from heaven, when he shall rise from the dead? All these observed the fourteenth day of the passover according to the Gospel, deviating in no respect, but following the rule of faith. And I also, Polycrates, the least of you all, do according to the tradition of my relatives, some of whom I have closely followed. For seven of my relatives were bishops; and I am the eighth. And my relatives always observed the day when the people put away the leaven. I, therefore, brethren, who have lived sixty-five years in the Lord, and have met with the brethren throughout the world, and have gone through every Holy Scripture, am not affrighted by terrifying words. For those greater than I have said ' We ought to obey God rather than man' --- (Eusebius. Church History, Book V, Chapter 24. Translated by Arthur Cushman McGiffert. Excerpted from Nicene and Post-Nicene Fathers, Series Two, Volume 1. Edited by Philip Schaff and Henry Wace. American Edition, 1890. Online Edition Copyright © 2004 by K. Knight; also Eusebius. The History of the Church, Book 5, Chapter XXIV. Digireads.com, 2005, p. 115).

  From Philip and his daughters, John, martyrs, Polycarp, to Polycrates, "All these observed the fourteenth day of the passover according to the Gospel, deviating in no respect, but following the rule of faith.". 

  There's no "guess" here Ian, the observed the annual Holy day of a GOD "according to the Gospel", they All were ".. following the rule of faith ". Who should I believe, you or Polycrates? 

 Ian wrote: "Yes, you do believe that and you are pretty much alone here in that belief. What I find hard to understand is why we need to keep a day that has been fulfilled in Jesus and is now just a hollow shell with no meaning. It meant plenty to the Jews because it was still to come for them. Do you have any explanation why Paul and some of the early Christian's was keeping it, as far as I can see they were just doing it because it was a nice thing to do, and indeed if you believe you need to you should do so according to the text I just quoted Because we do it to the Lord?"

  Because the annual Holy Convocations of GOD were not abolished at the cross... Holy Convocations are moral, and they are not abolished by the death of Jesus. Thats what they understood brother Ian. "All these observed the fourteenth day of the passover according to the Gospel, deviating in no respect, but following the rule of faith.".

 Ian wrote: "Clearly, The Day of Atonement had significance all the way up to 22 October 1844 when it was fulfilled by Jesus moving into the Most Holy. The only thing not fulfilled is Satan's final doom the great white throne Judgement. "

 Right, the Holy day did not lose its meaning or significance after the cross...

 Obviously it's not that clear to part of you, because a side of you said the annual Holy days of GOD lost its significance after the cross 

  Ian wrote: "As I said before, it has not been put on the cross but has lost its significance ...."
 Ian wrote: "As I see it Just like the circumcision it has lost its significance ..."

 By your own admission, these statements are untruthful... Because you believe the Day of Atonement had significance after the cross. Right now your saying two different things, do you care to recant the statements that the annual Holy days of GOD lost its significance after the cross? 

   

 GOD has always used HIS annual Holy days to preform great events, before, during and after the cross.. HE doesn't change brother Ian! 

  EGW: "In like manner the types which relate to the second advent must be fulfilled at the time pointed out in the symbolic service." GC p.399

 During the final ingathering, the annual Holy days of Tabernacles are to be observed 

Zech 14: 16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.
17 And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.
18 And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the Lord will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.
19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

  Is observing the Feast of Tabernacles during this time lacking significance and meaningless brother Ian? It doesn't seem that way to GOD. 

 Bless! 

Hello Reasoning

Reasoning wrote: That is not true... The importance is that it points to the final deliverance for the people of GOD.. When "Christ’s great work of atonement for men will then have been completed, and their sins will have been forever blotted out.".

Yes true as does the Holy communion as I said it is superior to the Passover. And I still do not see anywhere we need to keep those feasts. Those feasts were an object lesson for the Jewish nation, as these extracts from EGW will show. As I see it it was all about assembling at the temple to worship God in the way He prescribed. As I have shown in the former posts they gave scant regards to the direction of God. They were making it an excuse for a party I am sure that was not the intention that God had in mind.

EGW There were three annual feasts, the Passover, the Pentecost, and the Feast of Tabernacles, at which all the men of Israel were commanded to appear before the Lord at Jerusalem. Of these feasts the Passover was the most largely attended. Many were present from all countries where the Jews were scattered. From every part of Palestine the worshipers came in great numbers. The journey from Galilee occupied several days, and the travelers united in large companies for companionship and protection. The women and aged men rode upon oxen or asses over the steep and rocky roads. The stronger men and the youth journeyed on foot. The time of the Passover corresponded to the close of March or the beginning of April, and the whole land was bright with flowers, and glad with the song of birds. All along the way were spots memorable in the history of Israel, and fathers and mothers recounted to their children the wonders that God had wrought for His people in ages past. They beguiled their journey with song and music, and when at last the towers of Jerusalem came into view, every voice joined in the triumphant strain,— {DA 75.2}

EGW There were three annual assemblies of all Israel for worship at the sanctuary. Exodus 23:14-16. Shiloh was for a time the place of these gatherings; but Jerusalem afterward became the center of the nation’s worship, and here the tribes convened for the solemn feasts. {PP 537.1}

And what you are doing is the same as the Jews just having a party and you are not even assembling at Jerusalem. The Communion we have about 4 times a year and as I said before:

EGW Christ was standing at the point of transition between two economies and their two great festivals. He, the spotless Lamb of God, was about to present Himself as a sin offering, that He would thus bring to an end the system of types and ceremonies that for four thousand years had pointed to His death. As He ate the Passover with His disciples, He instituted in its place the service that was to be the memorial of His great sacrifice. The national festival of the Jews was to pass away forever. The service which Christ established was to be observed by His followers in all lands and through all ages. {DA 652.2

That Reasoning says to me that it was ended on the cross and replaced with the communion and the following tells us what the Communion really means.

EGW But the Communion service was not to be a season of sorrowing. This was not its purpose. As the Lord’s disciples gather about His table, they are not to remember and lament their shortcomings. They are not to dwell upon their past religious experience, whether that experience has been elevating or depressing. They are not to recall the differences between them and their brethren. The preparatory service has embraced all this. The self-examination, the confession of sin, the reconciling of differences, has all been done. {CCh 301.4}

Looking upon the crucified Redeemer, we more fully comprehend the magnitude and meaning of the sacrifice made by the Majesty of heaven. The plan of salvation is glorified before us, and the thought of Calvary awakens living and sacred emotions in our hearts. Praise to God and the Lamb will be in our hearts and on our lips; for pride and self-worship cannot flourish in the soul that keeps fresh in memory the scenes of Calvary. {CCh 302.1}

As faith contemplates our Lord’s great sacrifice, the soul assimilates the spiritual life of Christ. That soul will receive spiritual strength from every Communion. The service forms a living connection by which the believer is bound up with Christ, and thus bound up with the Father. In a special sense it forms a connection between dependent human beings and God. {CCh 302.2}

The Communion service points to Christ’s second coming. It was designed to keep this hope vivid in the minds of the disciples. Whenever they met together to commemorate His death, they recounted how “He took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; for this is My blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in My Father’s kingdom.” In their tribulation they found comfort in the hope of their Lord’s return. Unspeakably precious to them was the thought, “As often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do show the Lord’s death till He come.” 1 Corinthians 11:26. {CCh 302.3}

These are the things we are never to forget. The love of Jesus, with its constraining power, is to be kept fresh in our memory. Christ has instituted this service that it may speak to our senses of the love of God that has been expressed in our behalf. There can be no union between our souls and God except through Christ. The union and love between brother and brother must be cemented and rendered eternal by the love of Jesus. And nothing less than the death of Christ could make His love efficacious for us. It is only because of His death that we can look with joy to His second coming. His sacrifice is the center of our hope. Upon this we must fix our faith.546 {CCh 302.4}

And as we know the Temple is no more I tend to think that the temple had become kind of an idol. While we are now God's temple 1Co 3:16  Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 

The temple is built up in the union of believers. 1Pe 2:4  To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious, 5  Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ. 

And I notice we just go around in circles so I suggest we just agree to disagree

God Bless

Peace 

  

   Ian wrote: "And I notice we just go around in circles so I suggest we just agree to disagree."

   No... We are just trying to find out what you believe... You are saying two different things. Right now we are stalled because of your lack of answering questions.

 Ian wrote: "As I said before, it has not been put on the cross but has lost its significance ...."
 Ian wrote: "As I see it Just like the circumcision it has lost its significance ..."

 Then you wrote,

  Ian wrote: "Clearly, The Day of Atonement had significance all the way up to 22 October 1844 when it was fulfilled by Jesus moving into the Most Holy. The only thing not fulfilled is Satan's final doom the great white throne Judgement. "

   Which is it, did the annual Holy days lose its significance after cross or not... Or do you believe all the annual Holy days of GOD lost its significance after the cross accept The Day of Atonement? 

  Do you  "guess" Gentile Christians were observing the annual holy days of GOD three centuries after the cross out of "pure nostalgia" too? 

 If so, that is not what they said,



Polycrates wrote: "We observe the exact day; neither adding, nor taking away. For in Asia also great lights have fallen asleep, which shall rise again on the day of the Lord's coming, when he shall come with glory from heaven, and shall seek out all the saints. Among these are Philip, one of the twelve apostles, who fell asleep in Hierapolis; and his two aged virgin daughters, and another daughter, who lived in the Holy Spirit and now rests at Ephesus; and, moreover, John, who was both a witness and a teacher, who reclined upon the bosom of the Lord, and, being a priest, wore the sacerdotal plate. He fell asleep at Ephesus. And Polycarp in Smyrna, who was a bishop and martyr; and Thraseas, bishop and martyr from Eumenia, who fell asleep in Smyrna. Why need I mention the bishop and martyr Sagaris who fell asleep in Laodicea, or the blessed Papirius, or Melito, the Eunuch who lived altogether in the Holy Spirit, and who lies in Sardis, awaiting the episcopate from heaven, when he shall rise from the dead? All these observed the fourteenth day of the passover according to the Gospel, deviating in no respect, but following the rule of faith. And I also, Polycrates, the least of you all, do according to the tradition of my relatives, some of whom I have closely followed. For seven of my relatives were bishops; and I am the eighth. And my relatives always observed the day when the people put away the leaven. I, therefore, brethren, who have lived sixty-five years in the Lord, and have met with the brethren throughout the world, and have gone through every Holy Scripture, am not affrighted by terrifying words. For those greater than I have said ' We ought to obey God rather than man' --- (Eusebius. Church History, Book V, Chapter 24. Translated by Arthur Cushman McGiffert. Excerpted from Nicene and Post-Nicene Fathers, Series Two, Volume 1. Edited by Philip Schaff and Henry Wace. American Edition, 1890. Online Edition Copyright © 2004 by K. Knight; also Eusebius. The History of the Church, Book 5, Chapter XXIV. Digireads.com, 2005, p. 115).

 From Philip and his daughters, John, martyrs, Polycarp, to Polycrates, "All these observed the fourteenth day of the passover according to the Gospel, deviating in no respect, but following the rule of faith.".


 There's no "guess" here Ian, the observed the annual Holy day of a GOD "according to the Gospel", they All were ".. following the rule of faith ".

 While your posting what you want to believe, I'm posting why the early church observed the Holy day prescribed ... Who should I believe, you or Polycrates?

 

 Polycrates wrote,

   "We observe the exact day; neither adding, nor taking away."

  "All these observed the fourteenth day of the passover according to the Gospel, deviating in no respect, but following the rule of faith."

 "And my relatives always observed the day when the people put away the leaven."

  

  "I, therefore, brethren, who have lived sixty-five years in the Lord, and have met with the brethren throughout the world, and have gone through every Holy Scripture, am not affrighted by terrifying words. For those greater than I have said ' We ought to obey God rather than man'"

   AgainShould I believe your guessing or should I believe what a early Gentile Christian actually wrote on why apostles, martyrs, many others and himself observed the annual Holy day of GOD?

   I'll respond to your post, but I'm just highlighting why we aren't moving forward in our discussion brother Ian. 

 Bless!

Peace 

  Ian wrote: "Yes true as does the Holy communion as I said it is superior to the Passover. And I still do not see anywhere we need to keep those feasts. Those feasts were an object lesson for the Jewish nation, as these extracts from EGW will show. As I see it it was all about assembling at the temple to worship God in the way He prescribed. As I have shown in the former posts they gave scant regards to the direction of God. They were making it an excuse for a party I am sure that was not the intention that God had in mind."

  What you don't see anywhere is that they ended at the cross, you see that by the actions of the early Christian church. Your belief is that it was "pure nostalgia" that the early church observed the annual Holy days of GOD. Where do you find that? 

 Being in temple in Jerusalem wasn't an issue for them, Luke, Paul, and his converts observed the annual Holy days of GOD without the temple in Jerusalem. That's why it seems like we are going in circles, because your saying if the annual Holy days of GOD are going to be observed it has to be done with the OT rites and ceremonies, and in the temple in Jerusalem. You keep repeating that, but it's not true. How do I know? 

  EGW: "At Philippi Paul tarried to keep the Passover. Only Luke remained with him, the other members of the company passing on to Troas to await him there. The Philippians were the most loving and truehearted of the apostle’s converts, and during the eight days of the feast he enjoyed peaceful and happy communion with them." AA p.390

  Obviously they weren't in Jerusalem at the temple, that shows right there that what your saying is not true... and, they were not observing the OT rites and ceremonies. So you repeating something that is not true doesn't help us moving forward. 

 Ian wrote: "And what you are doing is the same as the Jews just having a party and you are not even assembling at Jerusalem. The Communion we have about 4 times a year and as I said before:.."

 You see, you keep repeating things that don't pertain to Christians after the cross ... As you see from the proof, Luke, Paul and his converts observed the annual Holy days of GOD in Philppi. EGW said ".. during the eight days of the feast he enjoyed peaceful and happy communion with them.". No assembling at Jerusalem, no OT rites and ceremonies needed brother Ian. 

 Ian wrote: "That Reasoning says to me that it was ended on the cross and replaced with the communion and the following tells us what the Communion really means."

 Sorry brother Ian, I have to sound the double talk alert )))) ))) ))

 What do you mean the annual Holy days of GOD ".. was ended on the cross"??? 

 I ask because when something is ended on the cross, that means it's abolished on the cross, it means it's done away with at the cross. But you say this,

  Ian wrote: "As for why keeping the Passover, has me stumped as I understand there is no salvific significance for doing it and as you point out that it was not abolished by Jesus or any Apostle. ..."

 Which is it brother Ian, you believe the annual Holy days of GOD are ended/done away with/abolished on the cross or not. Your saying two different things.. this is why we aren't moving forward in our discussion. 

 Ian wrote: "And as we know the Temple is no more I tend to think that the temple had become kind of an idol. While we are now God's temple 1Co 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? "

  I agree, we are GOD'S temple after the cross... But again, you keep repeating and implying something that is not true, that is if someone wants to observe and teach others to observe the annual Holy days of GOD that we must observe it in temple in Jerusalem. I've gave proof showing the actions of the early church (Luke,Paul and his converts in Phillippi) that the annual Holy days of GOD can be observed in all lands after the cross. 

 The quicker you stop saying if I want to observe and teach others to observe the annual Holy days of GOD I have to observe them with the OT rites & ceremonies, and be in Jerusalem at the temple to properly observe them, the quicker we can move forward in our discussion. Because from the proof given, you saying that is just not true. Your using untruths to fuel your position. This is why we are going in circles brother Ian. 

 Blessings! 

Hello Reasoning

Reasoning wrote: No... We are just trying to find out what you believe... You are saying two different things. Right now we are stalled because of your lack of answering questions.

OK, I will put it to you like this I do not believe we are obliged to observe any of those days. Yes, Paul was keeping it and that is recorded once in the Bible. There is no command by Paul or Jesus that we should observe these days, EGW does not admonish us to observe those days.

In fact, EGW could be seen to say it is ended

EGW Christ was standing at the point of transition between two economies and their two great festivals. He, the spotless Lamb of God, was about to present Himself as a sin offering, that He would thus bring to an end the system of types and ceremonies that for four thousand years had pointed to His death. As He ate the Passover with His disciples, He instituted in its place the service that was to be the memorial of His great sacrifice. The national festival of the Jews was to pass away forever. The service which Christ established was to be observed by His followers in all lands and through all ages. {DA 652.2

Some of Paul's companions did not see the feast as important as they left for another place. Why? If it had that great importance one would have thought they would stay and support Paul if even it was only in respect to Paul and his understanding. That particular action seems to me to diminish the importance of the feast.

EGW At Philippi Paul tarried to keep the Passover. Only Luke remained with him, the other members of the company passing on to Troas to await him there. The Philippians were the most loving and truehearted of the apostle’s converts, and during the eight days of the feast he enjoyed peaceful and happy communion with them. {AA 390.4}

Act 20:6  And we sailed away from Philippi after the days of unleavened bread, and came unto them to Troas in five days; where we abode seven days. 

Not very convincing about the importance of the feast is it?

Rom 14:4  Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand. 5  One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. 6  He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks. 7  For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself. 

Why would Paul write this of those feast days are as important as you seem to think? If you think you should keep those days you must because it is all about faith and faith saves us.

God Bless

Peace 

 Ian wrote: "OK, I will put it to you like this I do not believe we are obliged to observe any of those days. Yes, Paul was keeping it and that is recorded once in the Bible. There is no command by Paul or Jesus that we should observe these days, EGW does not admonish us to observe those days."

  There is clear command on what not to observe, that is the ceremonial law.. But as you agree, there is no command not to observe the annual Holy days of GOD. They continued their custom brother Ian.. the onus is on you to prove they were put to an end, done away with, abolished.  But again, you don't believe the annual Holy days of GOD were abolished. 

  Ian wrote: "As for why keeping the Passover, has me stumped as I understand there is no salvific significance for doing it and as you point out that it was not abolished by Jesus or any Apostle. ..."

 We are in double talk zone now brother Ian, your saying two different things. 

 Ian wrote: "In fact, EGW could be seen to say it is ended"

  You want me to believe that EGW in DA is saying the annual Holy Convocations of GOD were ended at the cross right? According to you, yes. 

 Ian wrote: "That Reasoning says to me that it was ended on the cross and replaced with the communion and the following tells us what the Communion really means."

 This is why I say your double talking, your saying two different things, because something that is abolished means it is ended or done away with. 

 The definition of Abolished is , to do away with; put an end to; annul; make void:

   Brother Ian, you are saying two different things in two places, I made a separate post addressing it.. You still haven't responded... I mean you have responded but not to this double talking situation.

 Ian wrote: ".. as you point out that it was not abolished by Jesus or any Apostle. ..."

 Ian wrote: "That Reasoning says to me that it was ended on the cross

   Going by the definition of abolished, In one place you say annual Holy days of GOD was not abolished, done away with, put to an end at the cross ... And in another place you say they was ended, done away with, abolished at the cross. Which is it?

 Here is more double talk territory from you, 

  Ian wrote: "As I said before, it has not been put on the cross but has lost its significance ...."
 Ian wrote: "As I see it Just like the circumcision it has lost its significance ..."

 

Then you wrote,

 Ian wrote: "Clearly, The Day of Atonement had significance all the way up to 22 October 1844 when it was fulfilled by Jesus moving into the Most Holy. The only thing not fulfilled is Satan's final doom the great white throne Judgement. "

 Which is it, did the annual Holy days lose its significance after cross or not... Or do you believe all the annual Holy days of GOD lost its significance after the cross accept The Day of Atonement?

 I will address the rest of your post on another post, right now your saying two different things and it needs to be cleared up. 

 Blessings! 

Thanks for your reply Reasoning. Yes great you have made me in one fell swoop to look like an idiot who does not know what he is saying. The fact remains I will not be observing Passover as I do not see a valid reason to do so bye.  

Peace 

 

   Ian wrote: "Some of Paul's companions did not see the feast as important as they left for another place. Why? If it had that great importance one would have thought they would stay and support Paul if even it was only in respect to Paul and his understanding. That particular action seems to me to diminish the importance of the feast."


 EGW : At Philippi Paul tarried to keep the Passover. Only Luke remained with him, the other members of the company passing on to Troas to await him there. The Philippians were the most loving and truehearted of the apostle’s converts, and during the eight days of the feast he enjoyed peaceful and happy communion with them. {AA 390.4}


 Act 20:6 And we sailed away from Philippi after the days of unleavened bread, and came unto them to Troas in five days; where we abode seven days.


   

 Ian wrote: "Not very convincing about the importance of the feast is it?"

   Really... I believe the actions of the early church is important to understanding what was abolished/put to an end and what wasn't. This is what SDA do when teaching about the 7th Day Sabbath, we teach Jesus and the apostles observed the 7th Day Sabbath, and we should follow their examples. 

 If we were just going on Acts 20:6, then you could say the Bible didn't say they observed the eight days of Passover, but thank GOD for HIS SOP in the writings of EGW where it confirms what they did in Phillippi.. Luke, Paul and his converts observed the eight days of Passover. That's very convincing, it shows the annual Holy days of GOD was not put to an end as many teach in GOD'S Church. 

  As far as the others that traveled on to Troas, I addressed this already, from my understanding the Bible or the SOP doesn't say what they did in Troas, so we cant talk on things not mentioned. But we can talk about what we do know from the Bible and SOP in the writings of EGW, and what we know is that 25 years after the cross, towards Paul's  last journey and end of his ministry, he,  his converts Luke still observed the annual Holy days of GOD. 

 Ian wrote: "Why would Paul write this of those feast days are as important as you seem to think? If you think you should keep those days you must because it is all about faith and faith saves us."

   Your reading something that's not there, but Paul actions speaks louder than what you believe he is saying. Again, his, along with his converts and Luke actions in Phillippi showed they thought it was important to observe. Why do you think that is brother Ian? Because they were not ceremonial law, the annual Holy days of GOD was not ended or abolished at the cross. 

 Blessings! 

  

Peace 

 

  Ian wrote: "Thanks for your reply Reasoning. Yes great you have made me in one fell swoop to look like an idiot who does not know what he is saying. The fact remains I will not be observing Passover as I do not see a valid reason to do so bye."

  

  Don't be so hard on yourself brother Ian.. However you still haven't addressed your double talking.

 The fact remains that you are saying two different things, which makes you contradict yourself.  That's why it was looking like we were going in circles, but really we weren't going anywhere until you addressed your contradictions.

 Hey, you choose not to acknowledge your contradictions, then in turn say you don't see a valid reason to observe the annual Holy days of GOD... Your contradictions is why you don't see it. 

  I haven't made you look like you don't know what your talking about in regards to this subject, you have done that all on your own. 

 

  Ian wrote #1: ".. as you point out that it was not abolished by Jesus or any Apostle. ..."
 Ian wrote #2: "That Reasoning says to me that it was ended on the cross

 How can we reason and move forward with statements like this? If there is any consolation, I agree with brother Ian #1.  Take care Ian. Thank you for your time. 

 Blessings! 

Peace 

  

  A few weeks back I told you that brother Ian #1 position wasn't sustainable, that is if your teaching against observing the annual Holy days of GOD. 

 Ian wrote #1: ".. as you point out that it was not abolished by Jesus or any Apostle. ..."

 The reason being is that it goes against what many SDA was taught, believe and teach.. You believe many SDA including Jason isn't guided by the Holy Spirit when coming to that conclusion.

   Ian wrote: "I seem to stand somewhere in between your viewpoint and Jason's and the rest of the church."

 Ian wrote: "Yes, good question I have heard some things from SDA teachers I do not agree with, I have seen some things done I do not agree with. They may say that the Passover is done away with, but the Bible does not say so. These teachers and leaders are only humans and clearly, the Holy Spirit does not always guide them. "

 I thank GOD you see the annual Holy Convocations of GOD wasn't abolished, done away with, put to an end. That's huge. 

 But unfortunately many SDA would say brother Ian #1 is wrong, and they would agree with brother Ian #2


 Ian wrote #2: "That Reasoning says to me that it was ended on the cross"

  

 Totally different from brother Ian #1, brother Ian #2 says it was ended on the cross, in others words, brother Ian#2 believes the annual Holy days of GOD they were done away with or abolished. 

 If you going to teach against the annual Holy Convocations of GOD :(  .. then you might have to get in line with many in the SDA Church. Right now, you have no position, your in the middle of no mans land... Your the only one I ever heard teach what your teaching. Two different things, On one side it's not abolished/ended on the cross and the other side says it Is ended/abolished. 

 

 The better way is agreeing with brother Ian #1, the annual Holy Convocations of GOD is not done away with/ abolished/ ended at the cross. Understanding that would let you know that GOD'S annual Holy days are still to observed, and it makes sense because the apostles and early Gentiles continue to observe them three centuries after the cross. Why? Because they were not ended on the cross. 

 

 

 Blessings! 

Any good SDA with regular standing knows that we are not supposed to keep the feast days just as the early Christians who were able to escape Jerusalem as the Jews celebration the feats. Also, Ellen White and the pioneers or   SDA Don't celebrate the feasts days 

Peace 

 

  Jason wrote: "Any good SDA with regular standing knows that we are not supposed to keep the feast days just as the early Christians who were able to escape Jerusalem as the Jews celebration the feats. Also, Ellen White and the pioneers or SDA Don't celebrate the feasts days "

 

  I know most SDA has been taught that, unfortunately that teaching is wrong... Of course in light of the historic evidence that I presented. Three centuries after the cross Gentiles are still observing the annual Holy Convocations of GOD. Why? Because they were not done away with, ended, abolished on the cross. 

 Polycrates wrote: "We observe the exact day; neither adding, nor taking away. For in Asia also great lights have fallen asleep, which shall rise again on the day of the Lord's coming, when he shall come with glory from heaven, and shall seek out all the saints. Among these are Philip, one of the twelve apostles, who fell asleep in Hierapolis; and his two aged virgin daughters, and another daughter, who lived in the Holy Spirit and now rests at Ephesus; and, moreover, John, who was both a witness and a teacher, who reclined upon the bosom of the Lord, and, being a priest, wore the sacerdotal plate. He fell asleep at Ephesus. And Polycarp in Smyrna, who was a bishop and martyr; and Thraseas, bishop and martyr from Eumenia, who fell asleep in Smyrna. Why need I mention the bishop and martyr Sagaris who fell asleep in Laodicea, or the blessed Papirius, or Melito, the Eunuch who lived altogether in the Holy Spirit, and who lies in Sardis, awaiting the episcopate from heaven, when he shall rise from the dead? All these observed the fourteenth day of the passover according to the Gospel, deviating in no respect, but following the rule of faith. And I also, Polycrates, the least of you all, do according to the tradition of my relatives, some of whom I have closely followed. For seven of my relatives were bishops; and I am the eighth. And my relatives always observed the day when the people put away the leaven. I, therefore, brethren, who have lived sixty-five years in the Lord, and have met with the brethren throughout the world, and have gone through every Holy Scripture, am not affrighted by terrifying words. For those greater than I have said ' We ought to obey God rather than man' --- (Eusebius. Church History, Book V, Chapter 24. Translated by Arthur Cushman McGiffert. Excerpted from Nicene and Post-Nicene Fathers, Series Two, Volume 1. Edited by Philip Schaff and Henry Wace. American Edition, 1890. Online Edition Copyright © 2004 by K. Knight; also Eusebius. The History of the Church, Book 5, Chapter XXIV. Digireads.com, 2005, p. 115).

   

  

  This brother is defiant to Rome in complying to want they command, he said,  No, they observe the exact day, they observed the fourteenth day according to the Gospel, following the rule of faith... and that he will obey GOD rather than man. 

 So what SDA has been taught, believe and teach is wrong... Nowhere are the annual Holy days of GOD called "ceremonial feast days"  like many of my SDA brothers and sisters call them. 

 Rome is happy that you teach the annual Holy Convocations of GOD are abolished. 

 
"The Cath. Church abolished not only the Sabbath, but all the other Jewish festivals. Pray and study. I shall be always glad to help you as long as you honestly seek the truth. Respectfully, T. Enright CSSR.” June 1905

 

Daniel 7:25 (Amplified Bible)
"And he shall speak words against the Most High [God] and shall wear out the saints of the Most High and think to change the time [of sacred feasts and holy days] and the law; and the saints shall be given into his hand for a time, two times, and half a time [three and one-half years].

Daniel 7:25 (New Living Translation)
"He will defy the Most High and oppress the holy people of the Most High. He will try to change their sacred festivals and laws, and they will be placed under his control for a time, times, and half a time.

Dan. 7:25 (New American Bible)
"He shall speak against the Most High and oppress the holy ones of the Most High, thinking to change the feast days and the law. They shall be handed over to him for a time, times, and half a time

Daniel 7:25Christian Standard Bible (CSB)
25 He will speak words against the Most High and oppress[a] the holy ones of the Most High. He will intend to change religious festivals and laws, and the holy ones will be handed over to him for a time, times, and half a time.

Daniel 7:25 GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)
25 He will speak against the Most High God, oppress the holy people of the Most High, and plan to change the appointed times and laws. The holy people will be handed over to him for a time, times, and half of a time.


Daniel 7:25Good News Translation (GNT)
25 He will speak against the Supreme God and oppress God's people. He will try to change their religious laws and festivals, and God's people will be under his power for three and a half years.

Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
25 He will speak words against the Most High and oppress[a] the holy ones of the Most High. He will intend to change religious festivals[b] and laws, and the holy ones will be handed over to him for a time, times, and half a time

 The annual Holy Convocations of GOD are not abolished!!! Ask brother Ian #1, he'll tell you. 

 Blessings! 

RSS

Site Sponsors

 

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free


USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

 

© 2021   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service