Adventist Online

I would like to ask, Is the Holy Spirit has body or form or image like the Father and the Son? May GOD bless us to know the truth about the question.

Views: 249

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How do you know the Father has body or form or image? All of them can appear however they want. Jesus is the only of them being stuck in a human body since He came to Earth.

John 3:6  That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7  Do not marvel that I said to you, You must be born again. 8  The Spirit breathes where He desires, and you hear His voice, but you do not know from where He comes, and where He goes; so is everyone who is born of the Spirit. 

To my understanding, the Holy Spirit is invisible and has no form although we see in the Book of Acts where the Holy Spirit was seen as flames on the apostle's heads. 

In Genesis 2:26-27 say that man was created in the image and likeness of GOD, therefore the GODHEAD (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) must have form like us but the difference is they have no flesh like us for they are Spirit but we are human. 

Jhonalyn,

Thank you for your question.

Let’s start here in John 4:24 which says;

God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

I like the Aramaic Bible in Plain English translation:

For The Spirit is God, and it is fitting that those who worship him worship in The Spirit and in The Truth.”

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God and therefore it is God, but your question is, does the Spirit have form?

If the Holy Spirit is one of three members of the Godhead, we should then see it as we see the other members of the Godhead.  In heaven on occasion we do see the Father and the Son.

Daniel 7:9 As I continued to watch, thrones were set in place, and the Ancient of Days took His seat. His clothing was white as snow, and the hair of His head like pure wool…

…13In my vision in the night I continued to watch, and I saw One like a Son of Man coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into His presence.…

Revelation 3:21 To him that overcome will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Revelation 5:6 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth. 7And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne.

Revelation 21:5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. 6And he said unto me, It is done.

In none of these examples, nor anywhere in the bible will we see the Spirit of God sitting the throne with or as the Father and the Son sitting on a throne.

The reason for this is twofold: (1) the Holy Spirit is not a God Person as the Father and Son, (2) the Holy Spirit does not have form as the Father and the Son.

So who and what is the Holy Spirit?  Again, I tend to agree with the Aramaic Bible in Plain English translation:

For The Spirit is God, and it is fitting that those who worship him worship in The Spirit and in The Truth.”

What do I mean? So, let us go again to the bible, 1 Corinthians 2:10

But God has revealed it to us by his Spirit, for The Spirit searches into everything, even the depths of God.

The Spirit is powerful, it searches even the depths of God; but how can it do that?  This is explained in verse 11

John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne; And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, Revelation 1:4,5 

Three persons of the Godhead mentioned the same place 

Jason, the seven Spirits are not explained and are not noted as the Holy Spirit. These could very well be angels of God; (Rev. 5:6) they are Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth. Ps 104:4 reads

1A Psalm of David. Bless the Lord, O my soul. O Lord my God, thou art very great; thou hast clothed thyself with praise and honour: 2who dost robe thyself with light as with a garment; spreading out the heaven as a curtain. 3Who covers his chambers with waters; who makes the clouds his chariot; who walks on the wings of the wind. 4Who makes his angels spirits, and his ministers a flaming fire. 5Who establishes the earth on her sure foundation: it shall not be moved forever.

This is explained in verse 11

And who is the man who knows what is in a man except only the spirit of the man that is in him? So also a man does not know what is in God, only The Spirit of God knows.

As we are created in the likeness and image of God and as we have a spirit in us, God also has a Spirit; the Spirit of God.

This is how the Spirit is God, and is the Spirit is formless.

Seems to me you want to put God in a box of your humanistic understanding. Remember God has created the entire universe from Giant suns to the minutest particle in the atom, and everything in between. 

I’m not trying to put God in a box, but somethings are revealed for our edification.  How can the Spirit search the deep things of God?

Well, Gene there we are you think God is the exact representation of you. It says we are the Image of God, Image does not mean an exact likeness. To me, we are a very poor image of God and there are things we can not understand about God. Even that God has trough His penmen tried to explain. Also, remember that if Satan is so many 1000's times smarter than us how much greater God is than Satan. While Satan can not understand the spiritual things in the Bible because he has separated himself from God, that does not mean that there is not a closer bond between the Holy Spirit and God.  

Image - 6754. Tselem; image (something cut out)

Man is a cut out of God, we’re created in His likeness; we don’t look like cows because God did not create us in that likeness.

If you examine closely what we are told, God has a Spirit in Him and so does man.

International Standard Version

Is there anyone who can understand his own thoughts except his own inner spirit? In the same way, no one can know the thoughts of God except God's Spirit.

The bond is, the Spirit is God Own-self.

Indeed Gene God has more capacity than we can even dream about. As for your "cut out" I dare say that it is a man's Idea not inspired by God, the concordance is not inspired by God. You are on dangerous ground when you make a comparison of yourself and God. The Devil did and we know the results do we not?

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service