Adventist Online

I believe that God has plans for every individual. He knows what's best for us. But sometimes, we can hear people asking, "What is the Lord's plan for me in life?", "Is this what He wants me to be?", or "How can I be sure that all of these are part of His plan for me?"

Views: 53

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

He wants us to bloom where we are planted.
And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8.

Be willing. Pray before you speak, and before you make decisions. (one of the kindest pastors i know lived this).

And another thing that is important: spend time being still with God. It may be hard to do at first, but the more you do, the easier it gets to go to that still space with Him.
It helps you remember you are mortal, and God is eternal, to reflect on how God is able to do what we cannot.
Take time and remember where God has led you in the past, as you look to the present and future.
God's wants the best 4 us, but truly we are often feel discourage, and dismayed. It's just like the problem, why do we face problems in life even we are now in jesus, he let this problems to make us stronger. Sometimes God works in a cheaper way but just don't question his plan because His plan is always the best than our plan. Just bear in mind this: There is no abandonment in the Family of God
MR No. 387 - Personal Evangelism

The missionary spirit must be kept awake; and in order for this spirit to live, the members of the church must be laborers together with God. It is time that unselfish, consecrated workmen should enter into families who have already accepted the truth, and yet have not worked for its advancement. It is time that our preaching brethren should minister not only in the congregation, but in families.--Ms 42, 1898, pp. 1, 2. ("To Every Man His Work", March 17, 1898.) Pg 247, MR 246.2

Read the Word, and follow the Lord's plan. The man/woman who insists that he will not labor with another is setting an example that Christ does not sanction. We are to follow the Lord's plans.--Ms 19, 1910, p. 2. ("Theatrical Methods of Work to be Discouraged," undated.) {6MR 247.1}

Anciently it was a great sin for the people of God to give themselves away to the enemy, and open before them either their perplexity or prosperity. It was a sin in the ancient economy to offer upon a wrong altar. It was a sin to offer incense kindled from a strange fire. We are in danger of co-mingling the sacred and the common. The holy fire from God is to be used in our efforts. The right altar is Christ. The true fire is the Holy Spirit. This is our inspiration. It is the Holy Spirit that leads and guides the man/woman and makes him/her sure in counsel. If we turn aside from God's chosen ones and from God to inquire at strange altars, we shall be answered according to our works. {6MR 247.2}

We have forfeited all by sin. If we have any mercies and blessings it is by grace. We have not a blessing but that comes through Jesus Christ. Those who are sinners and disloyal to God are not to be trusted to pass wise judgment in regard to that upon which great results depend. In our course of action Satan will be on hand to put suggestions in the mind and words in the mouth that are entirely contrary to God's mind and God's will. Those that advocate these ideas may be honest in their advice because they are blinded and deceived. How safe is the man whose God is our God. Christ is our Advocate, pleading in our behalf. The Spirit pleads with us. Then let us show perfect trust in our Leader and not inquire of false guides.
It was and is very clear that God wants us to be saved: (John 3: 16)

If we are taking steps that leads us away to heaven, it is NOT within God's plan..

If we are making decision that bring us closer to Him - it IS with God's plan..

If we care about things than brings us less spiritual blessings but worldly benefits, that is NOT within God's plan..

If we invest on things above, that IS with God's plan...

What's my point?

"Every step we make is one step closer to or farther away from our God."

What steps should we make then? Are they that will lead us to eternal life (which is God's plan), or they that lead us to condemnation?
Excellent answer wild.
I believe God loves each individual but those who obey him hears his voice the most.To know God's plan for you, only trust in him and commit yourself into his hand and remove all doubts from your minds.
He is the shepherd and we are the sheep so if He can leave about 99sheep and go and search for one it means no one is least among his children.
We have to make decisions based on principles, not how we feel. Many times there is no easy way to see which way is better. Often 2 ways will both look good. Then we must decide. In my experience, God expects us to decide. He has given us free choice. EGW tells us not to worry if both choices are within the right. Make a decision and go. God will bless you either way. If one way is bad, of course we mustn't choose it. The Bible and the SOP have a lot of advice for us. It is good to read about the topics we are deciding on. Prayer is powerful. But God doesn't always make it clear for us. He allows us to choose. Choose the way that will be the kindest, most loving, and that will bring glory to God.
Loren
Hi Edlyene, 99% of God's plans for us are in the Bible and further amplified by the writings of Ellen White. As one is truly converted, that person will gain experience walking with the Lord, as the Holy Spirit is present.

Psalms 119:105 Your word is a lamp to my feet, and a light to my path.

This proves that as we obey His word, our path is certain as the Light of the Word illuminates the way we walk.

The more we trust and obey Him, the more He will personally guide us as well

Pro 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart; and lean not to your own understanding.

Pro 3:6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.

Many times the Holy Spirit will impress us as to our specific path, listen for that "still small voice."

We can pray for certain things, or doors to be opened, if we ask amiss He will not grant that to us. He is too wise and loving to give us the wrong thing, or make an error. The Lord is perfect in everything he does all the time.

If we do not study the Word, then we will not know His will for us.

2Ti 2:15 Study to show yourself approved to God, a workman that needs not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

It is a mistake to think we do not have to study and the spirit will guide us.It will be the wrong spirit
Thanks so much for all your comments. They're all very encouraging. Hebrew 11:40. God bless!
Today, as then, angels of heaven are waiting to lead men to their fellow men. An angel showed Philip where to find this man, who was so ready to receive the truth, and today angels of God will guide and direct the footsteps of those workers who will allow the Holy Spirit to sanctify their tongues and refine and ennoble their hearts.--Review and Herald, Apr. 20, 1905. {YRP 277.5}
The Holy Spirit will guide and direct those who stand ready to go where God calls, and to speak the words he gives them. The humble, patient, Christlike worker will have something to show for his labors. Every one who goes forth seeking to do his best will have the support of the One who can supply all his necessities. The great Master worker will not leave him alone. The mightiest man on earth is the man who prays in sincerity of soul. Such a one grasps the arm of infinite Power. It is close communion with God that qualifies his messengers to subdue the opposition of the enemy. God calls for consecrated workers, who will be true to him--humble men, who see the need of evangelistic work, and do not draw back, but do each day's work faithfully, relying upon the Lord for help and strength. {RH, March 2, 1911 par.
Hahaha...u got the answer for that already. God bless u too.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2018   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service