Adventist Online

I believe that God has plans for every individual. He knows what's best for us. But sometimes, we can hear people asking, "What is the Lord's plan for me in life?", "Is this what He wants me to be?", or "How can I be sure that all of these are part of His plan for me?"

Views: 68

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Edlyn, i supposed that everyone of us have something in our mind(ambition), of what we are going to be one day. i speak of my own experience, since my childhood, i wish that one day i would be a Medical Doctor. But now, im a Spiritual Doctor(Minister). i believe that God sometimes sees us fit in certain areas because from time to time we have a different talent and God(i believed) always find someone who can accomplish something for Him. it doesn't mean that he/she have to abandone/cannot achieve their childhood ambition, but God need you and me to accomplish something according to His little plan for us, maybe in just a short period of time/longer period. But for sure, He never force everyone to like what He has planned for them. Is this something He wants me to become? sometimes yes but sometimes not. Is this part of His plan for me? How sure are we of that?Better be careful with what you are doing unless you are always led to do something that is true(principles according to His words). As John 16:13, "...when He the Spirit of Truth comes, He will guide you into all truth...." i think if we really want to be sure whether this or that is His plan in our lives, don't forget to ask for His Spirit to guide and futhermore, look at 1 John 4:1-2(my point is Holy Spirit will tell us what is His plan after we asking for some indications) hope that this brief ideas, insights has some way answering your questions. God bless and continue to share especially with me ,your thoughts, quotations
thanks
Love it! so true! thanks! I believe that He wants us to keep asking HIm. He wants us to keep relying on Him and trust Him with all our hearts and minds. Sometimes, i'm faced with choices in life, God give us the power to choose which i think is great. But we must use that power according to Him. Like what Evelyn Flores replied just now, "ask Him and He will show u"...Proverb 3:5-6, Proverb 16:2-3.
Ask him he will show you!
God's Plans the Best

Our plans are not always God's plans. He may see that it is best for us and for His cause to refuse our very best intentions, as He did in the case of David. But of one thing we may be assured, He will bless and use in the advancement of His cause those who sincerely devote themselves and all they have to His glory. If He sees it best not to grant their desires He will counterbalance the refusal by giving them tokens of His love and entrusting to them another service. {MH 473.2}
In His loving care and interest for us, often He who understands us better than we understand ourselves refuses to permit us selfishly to seek the gratification of our own ambition. He does not permit us to pass by the homely but sacred duties that lie next us. Often these duties afford the very training essential to prepare us for a higher work. Often our plans fail that God's plans for us may succeed. {MH 473.3}
We are never called upon to make a real sacrifice for God. Many things He asks us to yield to Him, but in doing this we are but giving up that which hinders us in the heavenward way. Even when called upon to surrender those things which
in themselves are good, we may be sure that God is thus working out for us some higher good. {MH 473.4}
In the future life the mysteries that here have annoyed and disappointed us will be made plain. We shall see that our seemingly unanswered prayers and disappointed hopes have been among our greatest blessings. {MH 474.1}
Yep ... that is the only interest that we need to be concerned with.
Trust HIm, never doubt the Lord's plan, He will make your path straight, ask for HIs guidance when you make choices or decisions.
Ed, you have issued an interesting topic here. I agree with all the comments posted on here. Personally, I believe God's plan are truly good and perfect and indeed God has amazing plans for each one of His creatures. Therefore, we can ask God to plan for us our future under His amazing planning. We can ask for what we want by praying but remember that we surrender our life to God to decide which the best.

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you" Matthew 7:7 and Luke 11:9

God Bless

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2018   Created by Clark P.   Powered by