Adventist Online

How Did You Find Out About The Seventh-Day Adventist Denomination?

When I was in high school a classmate or the teacher mentioned to the class about a group of vegetarian Christians, but he or she did not give the name of the denomination.Years later, I turned to a TV channel and I saw Doug Bachelor. I was attracted to his demeanor, because he talked in a normal tone. I called the toll -free number on the bottom of the screen. Someone answered my call and he or she helped connect me to a pastor in my state.
Before this all happened, I had gotten more serious about God. I was 18 or 19 year-old, and that at age, by law, it is okay to do what married people do. I did not want to live that type of lifestyle, because I know that it will bring me a lot shame and maybe lowered self-esteem.
This church gives me a lot of joy. I like helping out in the Adult Sabbath School .People at my church likes to serve Haystacks during brunch or lunch after church .We have some great cooks at my church.I admire one woman at my church, she is beautiful in the inside and also in the outside. I had met some wonderful people while walking God.The church is my life, I love this church; I love all...:).

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jany, the church and the teachings is undoubtedly comes from God... But human have different ways of thinking... Good for Soriya to post a good report, just like yo say before... =D
Yes this is refreshing to hear and the Lord is pleased because you are walking according to the light that He has given you. But you must continue to dig for the truth as you would for the precious metals. There is much more to discover. It is important to understand the history of the Advent Movement from its rise to where we are at the present time. I encourage my sister to read the Desire of Ages with an eye open to the parallels that are made with us as a people when going through every chapter and then try to get a hold of the books Faith and Works and Testimonies to Ministers for a broader view of our condition as a people prior to the second coming of Christ. Selected Messages, Vol.1 is a must read and study as well. Please take a look at pages 234,235. If you have any question please let us know and we will do our best with the grace of God to answer any question u might have.

God bless you dear sister Soryia.

sky

*I found the Adventist church through the It Is Written broadcast. The speaker that morning was talking about the second coming of Christ and I was riveted to the tv screen. Thats how it all started for me with Adventism after two years of earnest study and prayer.
I think It Is Written is great for baby Christians, or people who are interested in learning more about God! Years ago, I used to watch that channel a lot, and it helped me in my walk. I just like Mark Finley’s demeanor.
Jany, you wrote:

So many Forum messages are gloom and doom when talking about our church and it's leaders. It's so fantastic to hear a person speaking positive about Seventh-day Adventist church group. There are such church communities where members do love one another. It just doesn't get mentioned often enough. Nice of you to give a good report, Soriya.
************************************************************************************************
Jany, there are countless messages in the Bible and the SOP which are as many warnings regarding the religious leaders but these are not to be taken as messages of gloom and doom if we take them as the breathing of unutterable love:

"All His promises, His warnings, are but the breathing of unutterable love." S.C.35.

"Now all these things happened unto them as examples and they were written for our admonition, on whom the ends of the world are come." 1 Cor.10:11.

Speaking of the Jewish people, we read, "A nation's sin and a nation's ruin was due to the religious leaders." D.A.738.

It is important for us to rememer this because history tends to repeat itself. "There is nothing new under the sun. That which has been will be." Ecc.1:9.

In 1888, the Lord sent a most precious message to us as a people. The message was resisted by those at the center of the work.

"The light that is to lighten the whole earth with its glory was resisted, and by the action of our own brethren has been in a great degree kept away from the world." 1 S.M.235.

If you wish to read the full context, please start reading brom bottom of page 234.

So it is important to know the truth for ourselves, to keep pace with the light, We cannot afford to let other men, while holding positions of responsibility in the church, to do our thinking because time and time again they have led the flock astray.

"Those who fear God are to think for themselves. They are no longer to let other men do their thinking. They are no longer to be chained down to erroneous maxims, theories and doctrines." E.G. White, This Day With God, 32.

sky

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by Clark P.   Powered by