Adventist Online

How does the testimonies of Jesus refer to the Spirit of Prophecy?

Revelations 12:17

I have to tell someone that the testimonies of Jesus is the SOP but I have no idea how to explain that if the person asks. Can anyone please help?

Views: 1918

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ian

You may have this understanding, but the Church puts Ellen White in the role as the sole source of the SOP. There are no other listed contemporary prophets, only her.

Leon

Leon 

Not to my experience but then again we do not promote Lipstick Pastors either. It seems to be a very different church in your part of the world. Or is this a straw man you are setting up here yet again?

Is it your intention to attach these beliefs to me so you can create a scapegoat, or an enemy. I ask you to stick to my stated beliefs rather than those that you have created.

Leon

Leon 

I have known you for some years now and what I have gleaned from your posts I have summarized your Beliefs like this: 

You want us all to believe the Catholic Church is a good church, and Babylon is just Satan's kingdom, and the Antichrist is not the Pope, just the Devil. The Jesuits are just some well meaning Bible students that newer harmed a flie. Prophecy all gets spirituality done away with, so we can be friends with other churches, as well as the Catholic Church. He is an advocate of the Ecumenical agenda. That will be neutralising the influence of Ellen White, and the Adventist movement is a part of this process of back to Rome and a world-friendly religion. Whilst eating unclean foods is not a problem, and Keeping Sabbath is of no importance because he do not think it is the Mark of God. 

You Know Leon this is not Lies its a summary of your own posts So do not call me a liar. And if you do you are the one who do not admit what you have said. 

Herbert said, "I stated previously Ellen White is not the source of the SDA doctrine."

Previously, Herbert stated, "The problem that I have is that they are presented as originating with Ellen White, who stands out as the author of most Adventist doctrine."

Herbert went on to say, "Denying that Ellen White is the authority for scriptural truths in equivalent to a Catholic person denying the Vatican."

In all honesty it seems you are not too sure what you believe as you twist and turn trying to justify your prejudices.

The Bible states that a gift of the Holy Spirit is prophecy. We believe that EGW was inspired by the Holy Spirit and that she passes the Biblical tests of a prophet.

You quote a fundamental statement from the SDA Church that states that EGWs writings make clear that the Bible is the standard by which all teaching must be tested. There is your evidence that the Church does not place her over the Bible.

Why do you not use the Bible as your standard to refute wrong teachings?

Herbert, you flip-flop from one side to another - even arguing with yourself in the same post.

JohnB

The church has those statements in attempt to excuse the extent to which her writings are used.  As a 30 plus year member I have a significant amount of physical and anecdotal evidence.  I have used Scripture many times to support my position.

As far as my flip flops, which are you referring to? I would like to clarify myself.

Leon

You have 30 years of physical and anecdotal evidence and you are still there? Why are you still there?

Good question.

Herbert Leon Bryan Let me help you along and this is only what I have gleaned from your posts.

You want us all to believe the Catholic Church is a good church, and Babylon is just Satan's kingdom, and the Antichrist is not the Pope, just the Devil. Prophecy all gets spirituality done away with, so we can be friends with other churches, as well as the Catholic Church. He is an advocate of the Ecumenical agenda. That will be neutralising the influence of Ellen White, and the Adventist movement is a part of this process back to Rome and a world-friendly religion. Whilst eating unclean foods is not s problem, and Keeping Sabbath is of no importance because he thinks the Sabbath is not the Mark of God. 

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service