Adventist Online

How exactly will the sunday law prevent us from buying and selling if we don't accept it?

How exactly will the sunday law prevent us from buying and selling if we don't accept it? I know that if u tell your employer that you won't work on Saturday, then you'll get fired... but how will it prevent us from selling anything if it's not necessarily linked to money? if it is linked then how?

Views: 1759

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes Stewart 

"Eyes"indeed 

God wants us to flee from humanism. Repeatedly, He has warned us against its deadly influence and shown how it would infiltrate the church. Using the symbol of a little horn in Daniel chapter 7, God predicted the Antichrist would be humanistic. “I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, . . . and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things” (Daniel 7:8). Notice that it is not the eyes of the Spirit that are on this little horn, but “the eyes of man.” Here we see that Antichrist lacks true spiritual discernment and sees life only through human eyes. 

: )

We view this part of the picture somewhat differently Lazarus, but I don't see that as a problem.

To clarify my suggestion though, I would mention Ezekiel's vision of the wheels within wheels.

"As for their rings, they were so high that they were dreadful; and their rings were full of eyes round about them four" (Eze 1:18) I've understood that this points to the heavenly cloud of witnesses awaiting "the manifestation of the sons of God." (Rom 8:19.) And so, when considering the eyes of the "little horn" I make a similar application, but obviously in that case I see the eyes as being representative of evil witnesses.

Yes Stewart 

I see your point we are just approaching from different sides but we end up on the same point. 

Stewart, you explain: "I suggest too, that the Beast "causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond" to receive the mark."

-

You are reading this literal. The mark of the 'beast' is symbolic, then to "buy & sell" is too. 

Rv13:17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

It says the pope's servants, priest, and monarchs - who have the MoB -  will buy and sell (read Rev 18 for the fall of the empire).

Stewart: In the future, an image (i.e. a likeness of twin) to the old papal system will be formed, and again I expect that it will be known for its "eyes". I believe that the last-day Christian must not venture to circumvent the Sunday laws... because not only will this be likely to result in disaster, but "for conscience sake" we should submit, and not resist the evil.

-

That would be a prediction that comes directly from EGW and J. Andrews.

The 'image' is already here, since 1798. The NWO that replaced the holy roman empire. It is secular and there is no plan on NSL, or any other laws which would force us to be Christian. Quite the opposite.

....Sabbath blessings!

Jani,

Its possible for some prophecies not to happen, remember Jonah?

Perhaps Ellen White's prophecies can be like Jonah's. Perhaps global circumstances aren't as she saw them. Perhaps the time for Sunday laws has passed.

Perhaps the fact that Seventh-day Adventists in several island nations in the Pacific keep Sunday, thinking its the seventh day of the week, means that OUR Church wasn't ready and the time passed.

I don't know, but something to think about.

Check the examples in history. It was pretty easy for all those governments to change some laws, reduce the rights of a special sort of people, force them to leave their homes and to confiscate all their property. What will you sell, if you have nothing left, than your cloths on your body?

Good point.

The question of exactly how is often asked. Yet I don't believe the exact specifics are important. Rather that it will happen. I always use Nazi Germany as an example. The jews were prevented from buying and selling, and later on  they were rounded up and shipped to concentration camps. See the propaganda was so strong that most non-jews sincerely believed the jews really were the evil enemy. So services were denied, both voluntarily and legally.

There was no face recognition technology at the time, or implanted microchips, or smart cards. There were only documents. And even if you falsified the documents to state otherwise, people still knew who you were.

We have spent most of our lives telling the world of our beliefs and how different they are. When the times come, they will remember that. They will know our association with our church. So the exact details on how it will happen should not be the focus.

God bless.

Grey

Nazi Germany was a political movement based on German nationalism with the Jews used a scapegoat to fuel German national pride. Satan (the true anti-christ.) may use similar tactics in the end, but no one knows what they are. Speculation about this issue is useless, and telling people that Sunday will be a litmus test goes against scripture. I agree with your statement because those who speculate speak with authority and wander into the realm of irrational thinking. If we would be like the 5 prepared virgins, seeking the Holy Spirit daily we would be prepared for his return whenever it happens.

Look, I come like a thief! Blessed is the one who stays awake and remains clothed, so as not to go naked and be shamefully exposed."

I am fine with having faith that God knows what he is doing, and I don't have the hubris to speculate on what he is doing.

Leon

A Sunday law is somewhat inconceivable, it could be Sunday, but it could also revolve around something else.

16And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men and the slaves, to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead, 17and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name.… Revelation 13:16

Obviously we’re talking about the entire world that will be affected by this, aren’t we?  But the entire world isn’t Christian, and an edict such as a Sunday law for the entire world is inconceivable.

Many people don’t care about the Pope’s opinions, only the Christin world.  There’s about 20 different world religions, many of which is much older than Christianity. I for one, find it inconceivable that the Muslims world would go along with anything coming out of Rome. In addition we have Hinduism, Buddhism, Judaism, and many other faiths around the world.

True Gene

But good luck trying to convince those who have been indoctrinated differently. Rapturist and Sunday law believers make up their mind first and then search the scriptures for confirmation. This process hiders faith in God, and places it in human hands.

Leon

Much of the none christian world is conformed to sunday laws already, as are countries in the West.  You can go to an open market on Friday, the muslim day of rest, and that market will be bustling with business.  Same thing will happen on Saturday.  Go to that same market on sunday and it is closed down.  Many businesses practices in none Western countries are tied to the customs of the West.  As long as you have the mark in your forehead or hand you are in compliance with the Mark of the beast, which is sunday worship.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service