Adventist Online

if someone commits a sin, and then ask for forgiveness after, then is tempted again and commits that same sin a few minutes later, then he asks for forgiveness again. But is tempted one last time and he still commits the same sin in a few more minutes and feels extremely guilty, Can he be forgiven if he asks God for forgiveness one more time?

Is this the unpardonable sin?

Views: 381

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

According to E.W. Bullinger, Companion Bible (KJV) in notes regarding the Title of Hebrews, page 1824, "TITLE, The. Most texts read 'To Hebrews.' Cp. Matt, Title, and v. 1."

Further in the Above, Bullinger states "Addressed. "To the Hebrews"" the the nation under its earliest name, Palestinian Jews and Diaspora (John 7:35) alike. Outwardly for believers (cp. 3.1; 6.9; 10.34), it is aimed at waverers (cp. 4.14; 10. 23,32) and opposers (cp. 6.8, 12.15, 16; 13.10).

Both Balaam and Judas had received great light and enjoyed special privileges, but a single cherished sin poisoned the entire character and caused their destruction. PP 452.1

It is a perilous thing to allow an unchristian trait to live in the heart. One cherished sin will, little by little, debase the character, bringing all its nobler powers into subjection to the evil desire. The removal of one safeguard from the conscience, the indulgence of one evil habit, one neglect of the high claims of duty, breaks down the defenses of the soul and opens the way for Satan to come in and lead us astray. The only safe course is to let our prayers go forth daily from a sincere heart, as did David, “Hold up my goings in Thy paths, that my footsteps slip not.” Psalm 17:5. PP 452.2

Hebrew know al least 3 words that are translated as sin.

Avon, that is sin committed purposely

Chata, is missing the goal.. Something went wrong. We translate it as SIN, but it is not really a sin

Petach: this is getting in rebellion against God, (This is what satan did in heaven)

1 John 5:16 and 17..There is a sin not unto dead.

There are "sins" for which you can die and there are sins not unto dead.

Petach is the sin against the Holy Ghost.. It can't be pardoned

Avon? We must asked forgiveniss when ever committed..but we must feel sorrow for the sin.

And chata...it depends..If you can't go to church a sabbath...is that a sin? Even if you were sick?

Let's ask pardon for every wrong doing to be on the save side.

Castro

Don't play with the devil he will always win!  I stay with Jesus because the devil aint got nothin I want!!!

thanks for your replies everyone.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by