Adventist Online

This question has dogged me for many a year ...

How many people does it take to be praying for you ... before you can expect to get an answer that you want? OR ... Does it matter how many people are praying for you? Does God respond to numbers?

Views: 3

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think it only takes one person praying for you to get an answer.

No matter how many people are praying, it won't increase your chances of getting what you want. But the more people who are praying for God's will to be done the more God is able to carry out His will.
So then .. you are saying that God IS a numbers man?
Not at all. God wants to involve us in the plan of redemption AND respect our free will. To do this, He gives us the opportunity to pray for His will to be done, and when more people are praying for His will to be done the more active we allow Him to be in carrying out His will on earth. That's why Jesus told us to pray, "Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven." God wants our permission.
Sounds like a numbers God to me. You are saying that God is restricted in what He can do unless there are a certain predetermined number of people praying.
No, there's no predetermined number of people. God can work in powerful ways if one person is praying. God can work if nobody is praying. But I don't think that God will interfere on our planet without us asking Him to. Every time God works dramatically in the Bible that I can see, it was because someone was praying. People prayed for the Messiah; He came. People prayed for Jerusalem to be rebuilt and Judah to return from Babylon; He opened the door. People prayed for the Holy Spirit to be poured out; He was.

Sometimes only a few people prayed among many; the prophets, for example, prayed for Israel to repent, but only a few did.

I don't think we can ever fully understand God's workings in our world until heaven, but I also think that God made it clear that we are to ask Him for everything according to His will and it would be done.
I think it depends on what you're asking for.
Sometimes we arent ready for material blessings because we havent seen our need for surrender.
We want it our way and He waits till we say here you take the wheel.
It doesn't matter on the number. I think, it matters on how sincere a person prays for a particular request. If he keeps on praying for that particular prayer even if how many people helped him prayed yet in his heart he is struggling for some things which not pleasing in the sight of God, then that's useless.

Just remember that the Bible also records several examples of prayers that seemingly were unanswered. See?

There are times – possibly many times – when granting our prayer request would be a mistake for us and a mistake for others. In our shortsightedness, we ask for things that are not in our best interest.

Pause to consider and try imagine if many will pray for you and what would happen if your prayer was answered in just the way you ask because you just wanna believe that God answers because many had prayed for you?

Scripture reminds us that God’s ways are not always our ways. “ ‘My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,’ declares the Lord. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts’ “ (Isaiah 55:8,9). So we need to beware of prayer that limits and confines God simply because we are convinced that we know what is best.
I agree.
and we really at times do not keep our promise that we pray for others as we promise.So it si how deep you rrequest persists you to beg for
NOPE not the number,
But how sincere you are and persistent to you request
Yes Dolphin, I do get your point but slightly, I disagree with you in this way.
You may be persistent and sincere in your request and still your prayers may not be answered the way you want simply because you didn't ask for God`s will to be done. God has our best interests at heart, and he cares more than we can ever think of. When we go to him in prayer, whether as a group or an individual, we should expect 3 answers; Yes, No, or not now.

Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need." Hebrews 4:16 (regardless of how many are praying.)

What an incredible blessing! God bids us to come into His very presence. He says to "come boldly"...without reservation, with unwavering confidence, as a child comes in intimate trust. That is inconceivable to me, but how glorious!
Hey ... lots of good answers. Keep up the good work. I appreciate each of them.
When anyone, prays, it increases our faith in God, and love for each other. Why not ask as many as we can to pray so they receive the blessing of faith and love too?

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service