Adventist Online

How should we describe the Godhead or Trinity?

Are they one God in three persons?

Are they one God in three person?

Or, is there another way to describe the relationship between the Father, Son and Holy Spirit?

I am interested.

God Bless, Alex.

I read this in this forum; 

"What I have said here will be very hard to comprehend by many here but, can we really comprehend the Godhead?? Only one God three distinct person not persons.

Also, I never knew the SDA church promotes three Gods."

Views: 944

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

God the Father is a God

Jesus, the son of the Father is a God

The Holy Spirit is not called a God

Lars, is it not a sin to lie against the Holy Spirit? If The Holy Spirit is not God why would it be a Sin? If you are a Seventh Day Adventist then I believe you are acquainted with all the quotes from the Spirit of Prophecy regarding the Holy Spirit. Jesus never said He was God does this mean He was not?

I am not so sure about as you say Lie to the Holy Spirit is not a sin, consider this passage if you would Kevin.

Acts 5:3  But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land? 4  Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God. 5  And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things.

Ananias lied to the Holy Spirit and lost his life. I would think that is significant. 

What does it mean to lie against the Holy Spirit? It must mean that I call the work of the Spirit the work of the Devil. Men must learn to feel the differnce between the spirit and the 

Devil

The Spirit is Christ's or God's spirit. And not to be uplifted as a God to Worship

Guys please no need for opinions here.. we believe in the trinity. We believe in the Godhead. We believe in God the Father, God the Son and God the holy spirit. We believe they are separate beings with one goal to bestow unto sinner salvation. Each member of the Godhead has a special part in the salvation of man. THEY work in unison to aid in the salvation of mankind.
Hi ian, if I may ask are you a sevent day adventist.?

Yes Kevin I am a baptised SDA since 20 years

And you have since never believed The holy spirit is as a person as christ and the father?

I have not the faintest Idea where you got that impression Kevin I believe the holy spirit is a person

Hi Ian, okay sorry then I problably mixed up your message with someone else.

OK thanks Kevin God Bless

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by