Adventist Online

How should we describe the Godhead or Trinity?

Are they one God in three persons?

Are they one God in three person?

Or, is there another way to describe the relationship between the Father, Son and Holy Spirit?

I am interested.

God Bless, Alex.

I read this in this forum; 

"What I have said here will be very hard to comprehend by many here but, can we really comprehend the Godhead?? Only one God three distinct person not persons.

Also, I never knew the SDA church promotes three Gods."

Views: 938

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Check this out:

Ephesians 4:4-6
(4) There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
(5) One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
(6) One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

There's "one" of each. ONE Spirit, ONE Lord (Jesus) and ONE God the Father. One+One+One= three. Follow this cool study of this topic HERE.

Here's the direct link: http://adventist-defense-league.blogspot.com/2009/03/trinity-doctri... 

Amen!

A wonderful depiction of the Heavenly Trio!

Tritheism?

Mormon doctrine?

Barek

One God. God the father, the spoken word Jesus and God's nostrils the holy spirit.

Alexander

Well I have done my part. I am sorry I don't have biblical text to give you concerning what I have said because I am not writing from home but all I can say is you need to study this some more and ask God to give it to you. When something is a mystery it is not humanly understood only spiritually. It is easier to comprehend three persons with one mind but is very hard to comprehend one god with three distinct person. That is why we are not to take the bible physical meaning that we are not to logic everything out but take the bible and what it contains by faith. God is holding up the universe with one hand, he is everywhere and still we cannot comprehend this but do we try to logic it out no. If you try to logic the Godhead out you will automatically believe what seems logical and then the Godhead would not be a mystery. Because if you are saying three distinct persons with one function where is the mystery in that?? It seems pretty simple to me. But if you are saying the Godhead as one, God, Jesus and the holy spirit all residing in one person then that really is a mystery. And the bible says it is a mystery. It is just like the mystery of iniquity.

lol

So Leslie are we also God since we will be ONE with Jesus and the Father?

John 17:21-23 21 that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be  one in Us,that the world may believe that You sent Me.  22 And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one:  23 I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me. NKJV

Do you still believe that The Three are in One Body after reading this piece of scripture ?

Vincent

A good one too.

Ray

Trinity.

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit

Godhead/Trinity/Heavenly Agencies, etc.

I believe conceptually God is just different.

When you are in a house, you can say the house is above you, the house is to your left, the house is to your right. That is not a contradiction, the house is just big.

God may be a similar construct. So if you look in the direction of Father, God is there. If we look in the direction of only begotton big brother, God is there. If we look in the spiritual direction, God is there. That is also not a contradiction, nor is Christianity polytheistic.

Some great studies on this topic here http://sabbathsermons.com/category/the-godhead/

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service