Adventist Online

How to Follow Wednesday's Ordination Debate Live

Good Morning from San Antonio, Texas where the Alamodome is filling up quickly. The moment's business session begins at 9:30 Central Time, and ordination is the only item of business on today's agenda.

Spectrum will be covering the event live in two ways. First, we'll be live-tweeting the business session. You can follow us our OFFICIAL TWITTER ACCOUNT for moment-by-moment updates through the whole day. Second, we will be broadcasting live on Periscope, a video-streaming application. We will give you the live link to that Periscope feed as soon as the live broadcast begins.

Meanwhile, be sure to read this article about the Actual Significance of the Ordination Vote, and sign the Adventist Unity statement at www.Unity2015.org.

Whatever happens today, count on Spectrum for un-filtered, honest, and instantaneous updates on this historic event.

Views: 1221

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Following this discussion i find it bewildering how little it seems the delegates actually know how the Church is organized and structured since 1901... 

Wondering if delegates get a basic 101 on SDA Church before their union sends them?

Anyone know of your respective union?

You seem to be well informed Manuela, i applaud you for this 

Not sure if thats meant to be sarcastic or not but either way it was an honest question...

Do you know if your conference or union did brie the delegates on SDA Church basics and structure etc?

Yes, those selected are very well informed 

Yes this was already known. Many in NAD still go by the bible 

Decision has been made

2363 -delegates voted

YES =977
NO=1381
ABSTAINED =5

Please prayer folks...it is not over...I fear.....

God has ordained that the representatives of His church from all parts of the earth, when assembled in a General Conference, shall have authority. The error that some are in danger of committing, is in giving to the mind and judgment of one man, or of a small group of men, the full measure of authority and influence that God has vested in His church, in the judgment and voice of the General Conference assembled to plan for the prosperity and advancement of His work.Testimonies for the Church 9:260, 261{ChL 1.8}

Good to see the devil does not Rule the church. I was wondering with the colours on the Logo how far the devil has made inroads to the church. Sad to see the majority was not more resounding.  

Are you saying a "yes" vote would be evidence that the devil is ruling the church ?  In that case do you know that the GC executive session is God's highest authority on earth according to EG White ? For this reason there is no reason for name calling or jumping ship when the vote does not go your way. 

For me a "no" vote must be respected as the mandate that Unions not Divisions should continue to decide on who is ordained.

Also a "yes" vote would never be evidence that the devil rules the church. We need to learn to respect GC decisions even if it does not go your way.

ZJ 

I would have thought that the Delegates was guided by their understanding of what the Bible says. It seems like 60% still let the bible guide them. 

As in regards to the Devil, who is it that leads us away from the truths of the Bible? while the Holy Spirit leads us to the truths of the Bible. 

You talk about respect for the GC maybe you can explain why we need to have the Rainbow colors on the Logo? 

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service