Adventist Online

I was reading a book and I’m still reading this great book but I had to stop for a moment. Whenever I read something I always research it for myself to see how true it is. The book talks about “New Methods” that the church is/will be using and worldliness in the church. That’s how far I’ve gotten so far. I did a little research and I stumbled across a video(s) dealing with the PELC and other “stuff”. I’ve never been to these meetings and I’m sure many of you have not as well. So I will post a video. When I watched it I was shocked to see at Oakwood University the Baptist preaching and shouting. If you pay close attention before the camera turns away (which I think was done on purpose) you will even see people jumping up and down and beginning to run around. Some SDA’s stand for drums and that is your opinion, that’s not what this is about. All I’m saying is that, it leads to other things, worldly things, that shouldn’t be practiced in the church. This goes much deeper than drums so please do not harbor on this point.

These “new methods” being brought into the church are things that have been defended on this website not knowing that these are experiments that have become the norm. These things clearly go against our beliefs. These things brought in the church are used for “church growth.” The devil knows exactly what he is doing. While we are saying that these “new methods” (which comes from charismatic leaders) help win souls, these things are actually splitting the church in half. Notice in the video that “new techniques” are being practiced. These are things that they don’t want you to know are the experiments. Pay close attention to what’s being said by everyone. Call me crazy but something isn’t right about this video.

Please watch all of both videos. I think I should share this with you all. It needs to be seen. I was amazed when I saw these videos but I won't ruin it for you all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxuhaGPr3I4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz7JGY5SxSg&feature=related

Views: 901

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

There is nothing going on at Oakwood. 

But I also would like to thank those responsible for the video for different reasons.  Confirmation.

TD Jakes
Those people from the first video are not SDAs
Will look more at the videos at home or after converting them to a format I can view from work.

Jason...the events which we have seen, took place in New Life Seventh Day Adventist church. I have done a bit of research on Anthony Taylor and have come to the conclusion that he is either a Baptist preacher or a Cogic..or an Adventist preacher. Either way the way in which he and his congregation were behaving within an SDA church are the same "new" techniques being implemented in our churches. If the people and/or the preacher are Adventist then it is a slap in the face. If they are not....it is still a slap in the face. The second video at Oak Wood was showcasing a Baptist preacher (Rev. Patrick Walker of New Macedonia Baptist Church) telling the congregation to "say it like you're Baptist." These things are taking place in the SDA churches. The buildings and the congregations. Why? Because it is being taught to the people as a means of stimulating and starting "revival" and a means of bring the "worship" experience to the "next level." 

As I said before, the man in the first video either should not have been there (assuming he wasn't Adventist) or should not have been conducting himself in such a manner (assuming he was Adventist). Assuming he isn't Adventist we should at least question why such events are allowed to take place at New Life SDA and Oakwood.

Video #1:  Contrary to the "misleading and emotionally charged" intro to this thread, Jason is correct:  This was NOT an SDA service at all.  It was a separate conference held by people who were not Seventh-day Adventists for themselves. They just happened to have rented the church in Chattanooga, TN--which many Seventh-day Adventists churches do world-wide.   Many Seventh-day Adventist Congregations also rent facilities from other denominational churches, civic organizations, and public schools as well.  Just as they can't tell you how to worship when you rent their facility, neither can you.  And no one can legislate it either.  In the future, please make sure that you have done "complete and accurate research" and that your purpose is not to create discord or confusion.  

"For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints".--1 Corinthians 14:33

Sarah would it be possible to have some kind of verification, showing that the congregation was not SDA? I am confident that what you say is true, but it seems you have found evidence, please could you share it?

The thread reminded me of a time (during the 1890's) when an SDA man named Davis had had contact with Pentecostal style worship. Davis commented,

"they have the spirit, we have the truth, and if we had the spirit as they have, with the truth we could do things." (Light Bearers p.447.) He developed a "revival" that became the "Holy Flesh movement." It was one of our greatest exhibitions of fanaticism. We have nothing to fear for the future except as we shall forget the way the Lord has led us, and His teaching in our past history.

I know the Pastor at the church and know some of the congregants....it was not a Seventh-day Adventist service.

Thanks for asking first, Stewart.  =)

If this were truly a Seventh-day Adventist service in Video#1, I would have a problem with the speaking in tongues!   

Thank you Sarah.

Sarah

You missed the entire point as always. While the people in the first video may not have been SDA, that doesn't take away from the fact that these things STILL take place in SDA churches. I see how you are going to be about this issue. You ignored the second video as if it does not exist. 

Tell me something Sarah. Let's say that the people in the first video are not SDA and most of the people in the second video are SDA's (and they are along with a baptist preacher), what was the difference between both services? Do we not have enough respect for ourselves and reverence for our church institutions to not allow these satanic things to happen within them. If I'm SDA and I was "fooled", think about those who don't know any better and think about how these videos can mislead others to think that all SDA's worship this way. It's a TERRIBLE look and disgusting at the same time. 

I've noticed a pattern with you Sarah. You seem to love the actions and worship styles of fallen churches. (That's your decision.) You love to step in and take up for people like Mr. Jakes. You upload videos from TBN (we know what they preach.) I'm the only SDA in my family to my knowledge so lets not be mistaken. I love all of every denomination but I WILL NOT take up and excuse the actions of Babylon as you so often do. Since you ignored the first video at Oakwood, I will ask you again. What was the difference between the two services as far as worship is concerned? Sarah do you not realized that if SDA individuals don't stray from these things that they WILL be deceived? Do you know the dangers of these styles of worship or do you not care? Do you realized that the mark of the beast is a serious issue and these styles of worship lead to the acceptance of it. Do you?

You can stand on the fence if you want to because it is your choice but I will call sin what it is, whether SDA's are doing it or non SDA's. I'm ashamed that you would even appear to want to take up for these styles of worship as if you see nothing wrong. I won't crucify the 3 angels message as some of our brethren has done.

You can put 1 Corinthians 14:33 if you want to but WE are still allowing these people to cause and bring confusion into our sanctuaries. Really? How about we let the pope come over and have mass in our churches to? I'm sure he has the money to do so. If the first video isn't SDA then I apologize. It wasn't on purpose but to show people that these things are taking place and we need to be alert. As far as the Oakwood video is concerned, you and I both know that the behavior that took place in "our" institution among "our" people should not have taken place.

From our Site Rules and Guidelines:

5. No belittling of individual people, their character, or their motives.

6. Only rebut issues, NOT the people who write them.  Do not negatively characterize others' positions or beliefs with your own value judgment.  Simply state how you think the belief is wrong and what you believe the true interpretation is, while giving your basis for your belief.

7. Don't put words in other people's mouths that they have never said. (This does not, of course, prohibit quoting their words from previous posts.)

8. Don't post on the public threads personal differences, arguments, old grudges, hearsay, private messages, etc.

Thank you!  I am thankful that others are paying attention.  

Sarah

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2022   Created by Clark P.   Powered by