Adventist Online

Is anything bad sinful? Can anything good come out of something which is bad and can anything bad come out of something which is good?

Views: 22

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes. I do believe that good can come from bad and bad from good. See it happen.
'In the context of music', I have seen the 'Steel Pan', the only musical instrument invented in the 20th century, ebcome an instrument of praise to God and blessing to worshipers.

When this instrument was in it's primitive stages, it was the tool of the 'Pied Piper',who sought to debase the race with revelry and bacchanal. Today, it is in the hands of certain worshipers to the praise of Almighty God.
Are you trying to find an excuse to still listen to music? sorry for being blunt, but if that is the case, all I can say is that it will take time, prayer and a real desire to listen to God. It took years for me, till one day I was driving at 4 am trying not to fall asleep at the wheel after I dropped my brother off at work and as I listened to the radio and sang a song I realized it was probably not very appealing to God. so that was it, oh yeah and realizing that my 5 yr old new every single song that came out in the radio. Not all music is apparently bad, but if we truly want to grow in Christ we do not need the music to be around. There is amazing Christian music, does not need to be SDA singers, just make sure the type of music is uplifting to the soul (no Christian Rock, etc...). God is good and wonderful, and if we are going to devote time to listening to something than it should be something which reminds us of his power, mercy and love.
Thank you Eve for your testimony... mine is pretty similar... the closer my walk is with the Savior, the less I am inclined to listen to "worldly" music. And when I don't have music in the car and turn on the radio on the Christian station... the music sounds just the same as the other stations... sometimes I can't even make out the words! How can that be pleasing to God? How can copying verbatim the music satan uses and just change the words make it ok?
Judgement lies in the hands of the Lord for Enoch came out of Cain and Lucifer came out of Heaven.
This post is talking in the context of music not people's lives, but since you brought it up...let's see what the Scriptures say. Both of your examples relate the mercy of God. The fact that Lucifer sinned shows that God has a government based on freedom of choice. And yes, sin happened in perfect conditions but does not mean that evil comes from good... this is a false and misleading theory that the devil would like us to believe. The story of Enoch is another example of God's mercy with us as he accepts each of us personally not based on our parents' sins or even our own... (Rahab the prostitute). The fact that the Bible is full of examples of people being redeemed from their sins does not mean that they had to go through the evil before they became good. They were saved in spite of the evil just like we are.

And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. John 3:19

I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness. John 12:46

But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light; 1 Pet. 2:9

Jesus calls us out from darkness into the light. He never used or uses darkness to bring us to light. He always made a distinction between His works and the devil's works. They are always polar opposites.

In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God...1 John 3:10

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service