Adventist Online

I have this friend is separated, the culture of the filipino is no divorce we have annulment for those who have money, but if you don't have money you can separate your husband or wife for a deep reason.

this friend of mine she has a boy friend and they went together until they got a child. they are both not adventist until one day someone came to them an adventist and have a bible study, they accept the doctrine of the seventh day adventist and ask forgiveness.

the question is they can be baptized? as what i know they cannot go to marriage co'z of the woman is married.

How about in baptism? Hope that we can solve this problem with a supporting bible text and references.

Views: 66

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Matt. 11:28 "Come unto me, all [ye] that labour and are heavy laden"
That's a tough one. They have to have a protocol for that kind of situation.

It looks like she's divorced and re-married. The problem is with the weird laws of the Philippines. I know the Philippine government is insane.
http://jlp-law.com/blog/divorce-annulment-philippines/

The church should follow God's law, and issue her a certificate of divorce, and have a wedding and issue them a certificate of marriage.
no its not look like divorced rush4hire, she left her husband co'z of personal deep reason, you know most filipino if they left their partner co'z they don't like their partner it consider separated, not divorce of annulment. So the problem is she want to be baptized in the adventist and she has a relationship with other guy and they got a kid.
This situation is confusing to me I am not sure I understand. But let me just throw out that you do not have to be baptized by an Adventist. Just go and have any church baptize you. Or any individual. Then if you want you can come to the SDA church and asked to be a member on profession of faith.

If my confusion about the issue makes this solution wrong .... I apologize.
Well, what do you suggest, then?
Well, It is good to go back to to the Bible and read what Gods word says about divorce. Adultery is the one thing that God says is lawful to divorce by. Has her husband commited adultery? She has. All this also happened before she was a Christian as far as I can understand. She also has the child's welfare to think of too. I am sure that the Seventh-day Adventist Pastor has understanding regarding this situation also.
I do not support being baptized by just anyone. God has raised up the Adventist Church for a very special time and purpose and we do not just go quickly to another church to get baptized and then come back to the Adventist church. I do not believe that that is Gods plan for His people. I believe that it is very important that this woman understand all that is involved with baptism and what the Bible says about marriage and divorce. God will bless and guide them and they need prayer and support as they walk in the Light of Christ. God bless you
nice reply katrina, the big problem here is the baptism co'z they committed adultery, they cannot go to marriage co'z the woman is married, the law here in the philippines there is no divorce, you can marry again if any one of you will die, you can remarry, but if anyone of you still alive you cannot got remarry co'z that is adultery.
I am not fully understanding still but will make another stab. What is important is that you abide by Biblical directives. So, do as the Bible tells you to do and make due the best you can legally.
Well that's what happens when you enforce religious laws. Plus this one is based on a misinterpretation:

Matt. 5:32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

So that means he can't divorce his wife unless she is cheating on him. At that point, he would have to divorce her. He would have no other choice.

I'm sorry about your country. I wish there was something I could do about it.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service