Adventist Online

Many sources state that the english word God is an adoption of nordic and germanic references to pagan gods and that Allah is a closer prounciation and reference to the hebrew Elohim God. This is just one of the sources I got when doing a google. 

http://www.bibleanswerstand.org/God.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_%28word%29

"........What if the spirit the mighty spirit of Allah by the way I got some letters from viewers after that last teaching, and one viewer said don't you know that the name Allah is a name for Lucifer? I hope you never never never never never embrace that. Allah listen carefully now Allah is closer to Elohim the Hebrew name for god then is our English word god. In fact hold on to your seats the English name for god is a Nordic pagan god. We have taken a pagan god's name and we've said that is the name of our God. And we all call him god. That's a pagan a Nordic pagan myth. So don't you ever get pushed into the corner where your saying Allah is a demonic name, Allah is the name of the living God. Allah is the creator of the Universe, Allah is the God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Ishmael Jethro, Job and even Baalim." -  Dwight Nelson

What are your thoughts ?

Views: 3894

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What now, we must bow to word meka to prayer?

Benicio

No. We must bow down to the living God(Allah) not to Mecca. Arabic speaking Adventist use the word Allah when they refer to God.

Those who worship God must do so in spirit and truth because God seeks those to worship him. There is no object on this planet that we can safely bow down to.

No, what they are saying is that the word "Allah" can just be a word used as the name.  Just as we use the word "God".  No more, no less.  The word we use in any language to call on God is accepted.  To get back to the real definition of what the word allah means in real, immediate time, not history.  People who are christians, who are adventist, use the word allah just as we who speak english use the word god.  The meaning of the word comes from your heart.  Do we really think God cares what we call Him as long as we call on Him.  He knows our hearts and that is the important part.

God will call out from everyplace on earth those who want to follow Him in the last days.  He does not care what language we speak.  I think all of us agree that the muslim belief system is not biblically correct.  But God knows when they speak to Him and there are those who are Muslim who speak to God, calling Him Allah.  God does not reject the person who is reaching for Him just because they do not have the full truth.  Pray for them to come to a fuller knowledge just as you pray for yourself to come to a fuller knowledge.  God does not care where on the ladder you are as long as you are moving up.  He takes cares of the distance between us and the top (Him).  Less emphasis on us, more on reaching for Him.

As for those who believe all muslims are evil, that is like saying all adventists are judgemental or all adventists are sleeping.   Yes, the muslim belliefs are just as wrong as others who do not follow the bible and only God can lead them to light if they call.  Care less about the name we use and more about who we are calling.

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT NAME YOU CALL YOUR GOD,ALLAH IS GOD.....NOTHING MORE

Allah is not my God. My God Jesus Christ.

Benicio

Hey this is just a name their is no big deal in it,as far am concerned even if am not Muslim,we cannot depend on some philosophy that someone just comes up with,Muslim respect God of whom they call Allah in Arabic the way we Christians do,the only place they go wrong its when we came to the issue of Gods son Jesus.....

Samuel

Go to the US and preach in a church and say allah instad of God, and you will see wwhat will happen.

Give me my Jesus, my loving Jesus! The BLOOD that cleans me!

Benicio

The US is not the standard that we should go by. People in the US are self righteous and prejudiced. NOt to mention that the US will be the one to bring about the mark of the beast. 

People in the US are self righteous and prejudiced. 

People EVERYWHERE are "self-righteous and prejudiced", when they are not fixed on the LORD....That is a human, sin condition and not a United Stated monopoly.

Sarah

People in the US are self righteous and prejudiced. 

People EVERYWHERE are "self-righteous and prejudiced", when they are not fixed on the LORD....That is a human, sin condition and not a United Stated monopoly.

Could you please explain I do not understand??

That is true but I am referring to the post 911 view point. 

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2014   Created by Clark P.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service