Adventist Online

Many sources state that the english word God is an adoption of nordic and germanic references to pagan gods and that Allah is a closer prounciation and reference to the hebrew Elohim God. This is just one of the sources I got when doing a google. 

http://www.bibleanswerstand.org/God.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_%28word%29

"........What if the spirit the mighty spirit of Allah by the way I got some letters from viewers after that last teaching, and one viewer said don't you know that the name Allah is a name for Lucifer? I hope you never never never never never embrace that. Allah listen carefully now Allah is closer to Elohim the Hebrew name for god then is our English word god. In fact hold on to your seats the English name for god is a Nordic pagan god. We have taken a pagan god's name and we've said that is the name of our God. And we all call him god. That's a pagan a Nordic pagan myth. So don't you ever get pushed into the corner where your saying Allah is a demonic name, Allah is the name of the living God. Allah is the creator of the Universe, Allah is the God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Ishmael Jethro, Job and even Baalim." -  Dwight Nelson

What are your thoughts ?

Views: 4815

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Now Gab why you have to bring Obama in this.

Benicio

Unfortunately all religions have the lunatic fringe. Al-qaeda has taken religion and corrupted it to suite their own evil  agenda.

yes... Allah is God...in my Bible (indonesian language) you can read God's name is Allah

thanks....God Blessed you all...

You welcome Gabriel

no GABERIEL ALLAH ISNOT GOD,,  DOES NO TMATTER WHAT TRANSLATOR SSAY NOR RELIGIOUS PROFESSORS EITHER..     Allah  is neve rpictured as  the all knowing God of the bible sir never!!  God  the father  and Christ AND  the Holy Spirit are  pictured as  ONE never is ALLAH  spoken of  in this termonology,, .ALLAH    in muslim religion . is never pictured as  omincient nor omni-present..     MUSLIMS  pray to  Allah   same as  pagans  did to cheerosh or baal or egyptians t o raa .. 

ITS NOT AL-Quada only    that invented Allah as   the supreme being .. it am rooted in pagan worship you al lbette r do your own research instead of relying on mankind or professors for  your  line of truth.. Remeber this God  shows himself as the 1 true God and gives evedience tha tsepperates him from all other would be gods by right of creation and knowing th e begining from the end.  ..   crimeny even adventist off shoots  ca n show u this  

uncle Murray....as i told before...in my country, Indonesia Bible God is Allah...if you said God is not Allah so...who is the Allah in my Bible? we have the same Bible but different language,  as long as i know , i was born on adventist family and i pray to Father in heaven means in bahasa Indonesia is Allah Bapa di Sorga, this is about language...He has much name: Allah, Yahwe, Elohim... etc. for me this is only about language.

God Blessed you uncle Murray.

Ok............just out of curiosity for those of you who are so adamatly against using Allah in a translation............tell me this. WHAT are they supposed to use in place of Allah? I mean if that is thier closest translation in their own language????????

After a little google research................here is my findings.

In Islam, the name Allah is the supreme and all-comprehensive divine name, and all other divine names are believed to refer back to Allah.[13] Allah is unique, the only Deity, creator of the universe and omnipotent.[5][6] Arab Christians today use terms such as Allāh al-ʾAb (الله الأب, "God the Father") to distinguish their usage from Muslim usage.[14] There are both similarities and differences between the concept of God as portrayed in the Qur'an and the Hebrew Bible.[15] It has also been applied to certain living human beings as personifications of the term and concept.[16][17]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allah

http://www.godallah.com/

Does it Mean God?
The word "Allah" is the perfect description of the "One God" of monotheism for Jews, Christians and Muslims!
Is "Allah" only for Islam and Muslims? [No! It is for All Three Abrahamic Faiths.]
"Allah" is the same word used by Christian Arabs and Jewish Arabs in their Bible, centuries before Islam came.
On page one [1] of Genesis in the Old Testament, we find the word "Allah" seventeen [17] times.
Every hotel and motel has a Bible. Next time you see one look in the introduction, you will find samples of the different languages they have translated. For Arabic they have translated the verse in the New Testament in Arabic from the famous verse in the Gospel John 3:16 -
"For God so loved the world..." - and the word the translators used in Arabic for "God" is the very same word used by Muslims around the planet, "Allah." Where Does the word "Allah" Come From?
"Allah" comes from the Arabic word "elah"a god' or something worshiped. - (Arabic) means '
This word (elah) can be made plural (gods), as in "aleha" and it can be male or female just as the word in English can be "goddess."
"Allah" comes from "elaha" but it brings more clarification and understanding.
Allah = Has no gender (not male and not female) "He" is used only out of respect and dignity - not for gender Allah = Always singular - Never plural "We" is used only as the "Royal WE" just as in English for royalty Allah = Means "The Only One to be Worshipped"

God Bless

Elah is very close to the hebrew Elohim.  Very interesting and thank you.

Tiones

How you call Jesus in your languege? Als allah?

Benicio

Trinity in my language is: Allah Bapa (God), Allah Anak(Son of God or we call Jesus=Yesus (indonesia language) and Roh kudus (Holy spirit)

God blessed

Tiones - In the Arabic language the word Allah is not merely pronounced in the way we spell it here. To give it emphasis and reverence the Arabs pronouce Allah with a mouth full of air. Almost like having a full mouth. Is it the same in your language ?

hi all....i can give you all reference my be one of them from Indonesia leave with you there in your country...on General Conference you can ask Pastor Hiskia Israel Missah or Pastor Jonathan Kuntaraf they are from Indonesia and you can read the Bible with Indonesia Language, on Devisi you can ask Pastor H.E. Sinaga or Pastor Jhony Lubis, they have same Bible with me...

and Indonesia is a muslim country....Allah on my Bible and and Al quran is same spelling but different pronounce because of different language, we pronounce like Indonesian not like Arabic.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service