Adventist Online

Many sources state that the english word God is an adoption of nordic and germanic references to pagan gods and that Allah is a closer prounciation and reference to the hebrew Elohim God. This is just one of the sources I got when doing a google. 

http://www.bibleanswerstand.org/God.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_%28word%29

"........What if the spirit the mighty spirit of Allah by the way I got some letters from viewers after that last teaching, and one viewer said don't you know that the name Allah is a name for Lucifer? I hope you never never never never never embrace that. Allah listen carefully now Allah is closer to Elohim the Hebrew name for god then is our English word god. In fact hold on to your seats the English name for god is a Nordic pagan god. We have taken a pagan god's name and we've said that is the name of our God. And we all call him god. That's a pagan a Nordic pagan myth. So don't you ever get pushed into the corner where your saying Allah is a demonic name, Allah is the name of the living God. Allah is the creator of the Universe, Allah is the God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Ishmael Jethro, Job and even Baalim." -  Dwight Nelson

What are your thoughts ?

Views: 4861

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Actually it is one of the names he does by. If you read through all the replies here you will see that in Arabic speaking countries Christians know him as Allah, even Adventists.

@Ezra

That is only, because of the fact that since the church in the wilderness was wiped out / apostatized in that part of the world there was no longer any other name used for God, so it is no longer a part of their language, much in the same way many words due too neglect have slowly left the English vocabulary. In the historical records God was (if I remember correctly, and I'm pretty sure I do) called by a different name in that language.

come to Indonesia Kristina or found Indonesian Bible and you will found from the begin on Genesis 1:1 "pada mulanya Allah menciptakan langit dan bumi" (indonesia language), and who is the Allah who created this earth? do u think we have different God?

Thank you Gab....:)

God Blessed

Sorry to disagree but Tiones has given all the information that we need to know. She is SDA Chrisitian and in her language the word for the God of the Bible is Allah.

It is rather silly to tell people that the name that they have for God in their language is wrong. What was the language spoken in the Garden of Eden? Which of all the languages on Earth is God's language? Does God hear Tiones' prayers when she prays to Him as Allah?

Perhaps we should post a list of all the different words that the peoples of this planet use to refer to the Almighty God and we can then decide which words are acceptable and tell them to stop using the words that we don't approve of?

So many of the arguments in this thread sound like cultural imperialism. Maybe God doesn't like being referred to as "God" because it was used by the pagans?

AEolian.....................Ilos

Arabic....................Allah

Armorian.................Teuti

Assyrian.................. Eleah

Celtic......................Diu

Chaldaic............. Eilah

Cretan...................Thios

Chinese..................Prussa

Coromandel..............Brama

Danish.....................Gut

Dutch.....................Godt

Egyptian (old).............Teut

Egyptian (modern).........Teun

English....................God

Finch...................Jumala

Flemish...................Goed

French.....................Dieu

German....................Gott

German (old)...............Diet

Greek...................Theos

Gallic.......................Diu

Hebrew...........Elohim, Eloha

Hindoostanee..............Rain

Japanese................Goezur

Irish........................Dia

Italian......................Dio

Language Name of God

Madagascar..... .......Zannar

Malay.....................Alla

Norwegian.................Gud

Latin.....................Deus

Low Latin.................Diex

Low Breton................Done

Lapp .................................. ................Jubinal

Olalu Tongue..............Deu

Old Saxon..................God

Peruvian..........Puchecammae

Persian....................Sire

Pannonian..................Istu

Polish.....................Bog

Pollacca.................Bung

Portuguese................Debs

Provencal.................Diou

Runic... ...................As

Russian...................Bojh

Spanish...................Dios

Swedish...................Gut

Slav....................Buch

Swiss......................Gott

Syriac....................Allah

Tartar................Magatal

Turkish..................Allah

Zemblain................Fetizo

God in Portugese is Deus...not Debs_ clearly a typo.

Where did you get the list?

Here's another one:

Hungarian...........Isten (the 's' is pronounced 'sh', i.e. Ishten)

I think that you will find that the modern Egyptian is referring to the gods rather than God. In modern Egyptian the word Allah is used.

God = Allah (indonesia)

Allah = God (english)

She has answered that question countless times. 

Tiones Sagala wrote

"i wrote: My Allah is Trinity just want to tell you i am not like muslim who not trust about Trinity....i am Adventist....but we have a different language...

God bless...."

Does that answer the question to your satisfaction? 

Ok, maybe it is.. I can only state that my source was wrong... My apologies.. :0)

GB

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by Clark P.   Powered by