Adventist Online

Many sources state that the english word God is an adoption of nordic and germanic references to pagan gods and that Allah is a closer prounciation and reference to the hebrew Elohim God. This is just one of the sources I got when doing a google. 

http://www.bibleanswerstand.org/God.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_%28word%29

"........What if the spirit the mighty spirit of Allah by the way I got some letters from viewers after that last teaching, and one viewer said don't you know that the name Allah is a name for Lucifer? I hope you never never never never never embrace that. Allah listen carefully now Allah is closer to Elohim the Hebrew name for god then is our English word god. In fact hold on to your seats the English name for god is a Nordic pagan god. We have taken a pagan god's name and we've said that is the name of our God. And we all call him god. That's a pagan a Nordic pagan myth. So don't you ever get pushed into the corner where your saying Allah is a demonic name, Allah is the name of the living God. Allah is the creator of the Universe, Allah is the God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Ishmael Jethro, Job and even Baalim." -  Dwight Nelson

What are your thoughts ?

Views: 4802

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Questions that come to my mind:

Why this post is here?

Why we as christians have to defend for just a question of language used for a name , where the respect of it is not well assumed by each one of us?

Why is it that saying Allah is more islamic than christian and at the same time we are adoring our united God: i.e God the Father, The Holy Son and the Holy Spirit?

Why are we discussion this when is it really contributing to our christian knowledege? of what use will that be?

What do you think if the post would have been in a muslim site? will they have reply to that?

specially if we would have said the Jesus is the son of God and our Saviour who died on the cross and he is coming soon to save us? No way, they would have cursed us.

Then why are we wasting our time trying and at the same time pricking on each other to defend a cause which is not of no priority to us neither in our daily life as a christian nor on our wonderful site Adventist on line. we are merely bringing dirt to the wall here.

Better bring themes that will really increase our knowledge. Don't you think so? God bless you. Amen   

@Ronald i agree with these points but it is only in their Holy book their quran, Now you bring another issue American. These issues keep dividing us that why i am saying why this discussion here of what help is it to us.

It is posted once and discussed now it is again here and bringing nothing as making us losing our time.

It is not important it is a term used and everwhere in the islamic world they use this term we need to respect it that all. By the way they never say Jesus they will address him as the son of myriam for mary and in the name of prophet Isa,if they do not pay respect to my Holy Saviour why should I bother. My relationship with my God that matters most. not in the name I address him. My God is love and He did prove it through Jesus. They are busy looking for cows and lamb to kill for the sacrifice and yet God has already make the Sacrifice through Jesus. Who is lagging behind. Now if we continue to look about the name of God we are lagging behind. And in their books it says that Allah bears 99 names then i wonder why not 100? what would have been the discussion here. I wonder?

What in a name any way? and what relationship does it change. At babel our language got confused and at Pentecote we reconcile, so if muslim say allah and indian says Baghwan, and The tibetians start with the buddhist so if all just come in here and grab their name and say mine is powerful use mind where will we stand. I wonder?

I come across many muslims almost everyday, they will never address any other term to God except Allah for me it is a language and neither will they wish u to use that term addressing our God, it is their and they are very personal about it. even their fruits like the dates it belongs to them. Even their traditional food the briani it belongs to them, They way they dress it is all their, i don' see why do we have to discuss their issue on our site while they will never discuss ours in their sites.

@Ronald they are wrong sure but why do we have to discuss their issues here on ao wasting our precious time

that was my argument since the beginning

and why do we have to continue reply to this topic

and do u think they are happy we are discussing that here. this is not adding value to our biblical knowledge.

What happen to Agar and her decendants lie there. God separate the lamb and the goats. so why all these discussions. Fed up with that sorry.

Hi wow, is this post educating us or destroying relationship. Hope the administrators are taking note and will remove that please. Thanks both Alexander and Ronald are good people here. why pick on a discussion about meaning of a word that is not contributing nothing to our knowledge. Why woman is involved and for how long will you guys continue and try to add more arguments. It is better you stop that. God is our Heavenly Father and we are all priceless in his eyes and he wants us to be in harmony and in his Love so act as his child and stay happy. Allah or not Allah he has been fulfilling all his promises 6 generations back with out without the name. He did it in the name of Love and he will gain everything in that name :LOVE  

@ Ronald,

Whatever, i will advise to better stop add more to that discussion. The guy who posted it did not come here once to defend his case after repost it for the second time. Think it is worthless discussing on that. It is mere word God is the same every time, every where and whatever name. Me I call Baghwan, what will be the comments. We are the lovely child of God and remain so till Jesus come. God bless you. Amen

Muslims object to the use of Allah in reference to God (the One Christians worship). This is the subject of an ongoing controversy with the Vatican.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/07/17/vatican-envoy-apologises-to...

I'm inclined to go with the argument on the name of God as a concept (which takes in Allah as the name used by Arabic Christians) while at the same time recognizing that the Muslim understanding of the deity is vastly different from the Christian one. Again among Muslims there are major differences in interpretation just like among christians.

Nope Allah is a god but not the God of the Christians. Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. Deuteronomy 6:4

Yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live. 1 Corinthians 8:6

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service