Adventist Online

Was Ellen White Truly Inspired of God?

Views: 47

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

By their fruits we shall know.  This is a direct quote from Jesus Himself.  What do we find regarding the "testimonies?"  What is the FRUIT of EGWhite's testimonies to the overall picture of the Remnant church? 

I personally believe she was.  Too many of her works help us understand the Bible, give us a picture of the future.  Plus her visions were witnessed by many - are all of them lying about her condition?  The question I have is why those who don't believe in her are members of the Adventist church.  Why stay in a church that believes in her?  If she is a false prophet and you stay in a church that says she is a true prophet, are you supporting a lie?  I just don't see the benefit of staying in the church if you don't believe in her.  Even if you say that what the church teaches from the Bible is true and you accept that part of our beliefs, why stay where you believe error is being taught?  Why expose your children to lies?  Plus would a true Christian go along with a lie?  Why not found a new church system that has the same biblical beliefs but not Ellen White?

I know that you could learn all the tenants of our faith from the Bible alone.  We are a Bible based church.  Ellen White's writings illuminate the Bible.  She gives us a deeper insight.  Then there is the part where she gives us a view of the future, of what we face.  God never left His people without counsel.  We need to live a different lifestyle.  I need to make changes.

My question is whether God will give us more prophets as time progresses.  Will more knowledge come to light?  How do you tell light from darkness?  The Bible can be twisted by anyone, we have to study to know for ourselves, and we have to be willing to make changes in our lives to conform to what God wants.  I'm not saying to believe each new story.  I'm saying that we have to look deeply at what is laid before us, pray about it, and then let God lead.  But will there be another or was Ellen White the last prophet?  Is there a Biblical answer?  The Bible says in Acts 2:16-18

16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;

17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

When the Latter Rain comes will we have more light?  

yes

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by