Adventist Online

"From my girlhood I have been given plain instruction that God is a person, and that Christ is 'the express image of His person.' " (Ellen White, Manuscript 137, 1903).
God is a person, not three person. God Himself dwells in heaven; only His Spirit, proceeding from Him, is in all things; only His Holy Spirit dwells in receptive human hearts to make them holy.
"Those who seek to remove the old landmarks are not holding fast; they are not remembering how they have received and heard. Those who try to bring in theories that would remove the pillars of our faith concerning the sanctuary, or concerning the personality of God or of Christ, are working as blind men. They are seeking to bring in uncertainties and to set the people of God adrift, without an anchor." {Ms62-1905}
This also explains why there is little unity within Seventh-day Adventism, for we have left this pillar:
"He who denies the personality of God and of His Son Jesus Christ is denying God and Christ. “If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son and in the Father.” If you continue to believe and obey the truths you first embraced regarding the personality of the Father and the Son, you will be joined together with them in love. There will be seen that union for which Christ prayed just before His trial and crucifixion." {Ms23-1906}
Let the pioneers speak, first her husband, then J.N. Andrews, who would be horrified to know that which he protested against is being taught at a college under his name:
"Here we might mention the Trinity, which does away the personality of God, and of his Son Jesus Christ..." {December 11, 1855 James White, ARSH 85.15}
"The doctrine of the Trinity which was established in the church by the council of Nice, a. d. 325. This doctrine destroys the personality of God, and his Son Jesus Christ our Lord. The infamous measures by which it was forced upon the church, which appear upon the pages of ecclesiastical history might well cause every believer in that doctrine to blush." {1855 J.N. Andrews, TAR 54.3}

Views: 346

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ellen White never uses words such as "Trinity", " Triune God", "God the Son", "God the Holy Spirit", etc.  Neither are these things found in the Bible.  The Bible does not say that God is a trinity.  Nor does it say the Father, Son, Holy Spirit are one God.  These teachings come from the Pope, and all Adventist, except Dr. Kellogg rejected trinitarianism.  Kellogg taught pantheism and trinitarianism, and Ellen White said, like Andrews the he was destroying the personality of God.

“You are not definitely clear on the personality of God, which is everything to us as a people. You have virtually destroyed the Lord God Himself.” (Ellen White to John Harvey Kellogg, Letter 300 1903.)

That matches what Andrews said about the Trinity being the wine of Babylon because it destroys the personality of God.  Remember Andrews was the one that taught Ellen White that the Sabbath starts at sunset, not at 6 PM.

The Bible says repeatedly that God is the Father of Jesus Christ and that Jesus is the son of God.  That's the rock Jesus built His church on, which the gates of hell won't prevail against.  For Satan to prevail, he has to trick us into believing Jesus is not the son of God.  What's the first thing Satan said to Jesus?  "If you are the son of God.... "

The Biblical Research Institute stated that the sonship of Jesus is only a metaphor.  He's really not the son of God, but 3 eternal beings said "I'll be the son, you be the father, you be the Holy Spirit".  We've turned from the truth and turned unto fables.  We've heaped up to ourselves teachers, having itching ears.

https://adventistbiblicalresearch.org/materials/godgodhead-jesus-ch...

Why are Adventist leaders defending these errors, that are relics from the dark ages.  I believe it's because they want to work in cooperation with Satan to enslave God's people to darkness and superstition and mediocrity, so we joke around all the time, instead of talking about the Word of God.

Great to see a person replying to AO ... rush4hire... it's great to see you again

So how do you see the picture of GOD? I have a thread called our Picture of GOD...

I see GOD as a family of three divine persons, because Eph 3: 15.16 says so:

Eph 3:14 ¶ For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
 15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
 16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;

Shalom

Rush4hire; Excellent post!

The multi-god is pagan idea, that crept into the body of Christ and unfortunately is the dominant doctrine.

In 325 AD Jesus was declared to be the second god by Constantine who was only interested in stability for the Roman Empire, and not truth at that council forced upon the church with the point of the emperor’s sword.

In 381 AD the holy spirit (in truth the gift of God) was declared to be the third god at the council of Constantinople.

These are irrefutable true facts.

What set the Hebrews (Israel) apart was the belief in ONE GOD, THE FATHER. 

Deu 6:4  Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:

Deu 6:5  And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

Deu 6:6  And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:

There is only one verse in New Testament that uses Father, Son and Holy Spirit, which was corrupted along with I Timothy 3:16. No one in first century ever used the three names, and a scribe corrupted the Timothy verse which should read “godliness was manifest in the flesh, not god was manifest in the flesh.

Almost all of Christianity is in apostasy worshipping 3 in 1 gods.Those that believe the truth of only one true God are called apostates etc. 

Truth is harsh and hard for most people to accept, who would rather follow their denomination.

Please see I Timothy 3:16 verse and its corresponding note in margin of Companion Bible pdf:

Attachments:

As regards Matthew 28:19, to go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost (spirit). No one in the Book of Acts or anywhere else in the Bible ever followed this, but rather they did everything in the name of Jesus Christ. Are we to believe that the whole first-century church disobeyed or are we to believe that the whole Book of Acts and the rest of the church epistles are defective. NO, this one verse is corrupted.

I read your link to Adventist Institute rush4hire , could it be the scholars do not understand the Hebrew term meaning "son" in Hebrew is spelled as "BN" which the letters say, means: "The HOME over the NATIONS".

We humans have assumed a "son" has a biological beginning, since on earth, such a son is made this way so the HOME continues over the NATIONS.

But referring to the DIVINE, you can have three co-eternal Beings coming into existence all at once, as the great uncaused cause from eternity, as three functional Beings, as similes of a "family" as Eph 3:15,16 says.

We also assume the Hebrew word "Ab" means Father. But in the sentences of Scripture translators run into problems with two contexts "father" and "fruit", so suggest this word in Hebrew has two different meanings.

If we suppose a different English word, there is not problem with the Hebrew word. That word is "provider".

Providers do not have biological origins, like we assume a father must have as well. So I remember James Stump and other branched SDA people lamenting that Jesus must have an origin, or it's role playing as you say "I will the Father, and you will be my Son".

Again this shows we do not have respect to the Ancient Hebrew, the Hebrew forgotten by Jews, and ignored by English speaking readers of the Holy Scriptures.

I would like to suggest that indeed the Great uncaused cause from eternity is truly as three co-eternal personalities of loving. Love requires relational components. These components are:

A provider expressing maleness-love personality.

A responder expressing femaleness-love personality.

A Son expressing collective childlike-love personality.

The first two kinds of loving collectively are termed parental love. The last loving personality from the Son, is the divine Being who continues that love at God's Home, across the nations of creation.

The other thing you say is the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are not one god. Not sure what this means, and you will need to add further comments.

Jews hate the idea of polytheism, and if we present a family of divine parents for example, they say this is multiply gods. If you have a look at the creation of Adam, His helper was not created but built from Adam.

That makes Eve a genetic clone, but not a personality clone. Her style of loving is different from the man.

I do not see two personalities of love as independent Beings, Scripture says in a marriage , the couple are unified as one flesh. So while love requires relational personalities, love is always combined, love is a co-operative effort, love flows from one spring.

Shalom

God is one,but God head is three.The creation story contains an evidence to this fact,And God said,let us make man in our image Gen.1vs26,the plural form of the word let us,agreed with the theory of three in one God.Gen.1vs1 made mention of the spirit of God while John 1vs1to3 mentioned the Word,so the creation story supported three in One God,meaning They are three in personality,but one in purpose,plan and action.

Well said my friend, but have you considered GOD as love? Are there any differences in the personalities of love?

Shalom

The context of our discussion is on God's phisical appearance,not on His attribute,if we must arrive at good conclusive end that will benefit all,we must allow God have His way among us,discuss on subject basis not at random,crucify self in other to be humble and submissive to God,His truth and one another,we're testing our scriptural nor theological abilities but rather trying to solve a problem,the nature of God is not as confusing as we're making it appear,so let's be contented with the brief information we have  in scripture on this topic lest we run into confusion,there are things we don't argue,God asked,"whom shall i send and who will go for us,and he said,"let us make man in our image"whom was God referring to in these occasions if Godhead is one?

Well said my brother, Actually Bible makes things easy to follow:

Eph 3:14 ¶ For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
 15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
 16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;

Bible says GOD is a simile of family....

Our Church leaders see things with tradition and precepts of men, sadly, and do not follow SOP counsel , that we should be silent on some things. It's a public creed these days, that all the members of GOD are a "he" whatever that means.  I have not found a General Conference session voting in these changes since I was baptised in 1981. So we don't even follow our Church manual either on making changes to our 28 fundamentals.

In fairness to this topic, we have presented this study :

http://spiritualsprings.org/ss-1330.htm

Shalom

May i know your stand Rob?Is Godhead one?two in one or three in one?

Certainly my brother

There are three living persons of the heavenly trio; in the name of these three great powers—the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit—those who receive Christ by living faith are baptized, and these powers will co-operate with the obedient subjects of heaven in their efforts to live the new life in Christ.—Special Testimonies, Series B, 7:62, 63. (1905).

Let children obey their parents in every command that is right, but let parents and children both remember that God is the Father and the Owner of us all. If parents should ask their children to swear falsely, to steal, to bear false witness, to break the Sabbath, or to violate any other one of the ten commandments, they are not to obey. God has the first claim upon them. He is the heavenly Parent, the Creator and Redeemer of the whole human family.

The Lord Jesus encourages His believing ones to ask for the Holy Spirit. By presenting the parental tenderness of God, He seeks to encourage faith in the reception of the gift. The heavenly Parent is more willing to give the Holy Spirit to them that ask Him than earthly parents are to give good gifts to their children.

Rejoice that through Christ you have become connected with God, members of the heavenly family.

Not only is man forgiven through the atoning sacrifice, but through faith he is accepted through the Beloved. Returning to his loyalty to God, whose law he has transgressed, he is not merely tolerated, but he is honored as a son of God, a member of the heavenly family. He is an heir of God, and a joint heir with Jesus Christ.

“In all who suffer for My name,” said Jesus, “you are to recognize Me. As you would minister to Me, so you are to minister to them.” All who have been born into the heavenly family are in a special sense the brothers and sisters of our Lord. The love of Christ binds the members of His family together. “Everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.” 1 John 4:7.

The home is a school where all may learn how they are to act in the church. When all are members of the royal family, there will be true politeness in the home life. Each member of the family will seek to make it pleasant for every other member. The angels of God, who minister to those who shall be heirs of salvation, will help you to make your family a model of the heavenly family.

The light of heaven encircled the tomb, and the whole heaven was lighted by the glory of the angel. The angel approached the grave, and rolling away the stone as if it had been a pebble, he sat upon it. Then his voice was heard, Son of God, come forth; Thy Father calls Thee; and Jesus came forth from the grave with the step of a mighty conqueror. There was a burst of triumph, for the heavenly family were waiting to receive Him; and the mighty angel, followed by the army of heaven, bowed in adoration before Him as He, the Monarch of heaven, proclaimed over the rent tomb of Joseph, “I am the resurrection, and the life.” 36The Youth's Instructor, July 28, 1898.

Will you comply with these conditions? Shall you choose Christ and heaven as your portion in this life? Is the promise not rich and glorious that you shall become members of the royal family and children of the heavenly King? Will you make any and every sacrifice that you may join the heavenly family above? “Choose ye this day whom ye will serve.” [Joshua 24:15.]

Hope this answers your query, please read our study link for more Bible details.

Shalom

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by Clark P.   Powered by