Adventist Online

"From my girlhood I have been given plain instruction that God is a person, and that Christ is 'the express image of His person.' " (Ellen White, Manuscript 137, 1903).
God is a person, not three person. God Himself dwells in heaven; only His Spirit, proceeding from Him, is in all things; only His Holy Spirit dwells in receptive human hearts to make them holy.
"Those who seek to remove the old landmarks are not holding fast; they are not remembering how they have received and heard. Those who try to bring in theories that would remove the pillars of our faith concerning the sanctuary, or concerning the personality of God or of Christ, are working as blind men. They are seeking to bring in uncertainties and to set the people of God adrift, without an anchor." {Ms62-1905}
This also explains why there is little unity within Seventh-day Adventism, for we have left this pillar:
"He who denies the personality of God and of His Son Jesus Christ is denying God and Christ. “If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son and in the Father.” If you continue to believe and obey the truths you first embraced regarding the personality of the Father and the Son, you will be joined together with them in love. There will be seen that union for which Christ prayed just before His trial and crucifixion." {Ms23-1906}
Let the pioneers speak, first her husband, then J.N. Andrews, who would be horrified to know that which he protested against is being taught at a college under his name:
"Here we might mention the Trinity, which does away the personality of God, and of his Son Jesus Christ..." {December 11, 1855 James White, ARSH 85.15}
"The doctrine of the Trinity which was established in the church by the council of Nice, a. d. 325. This doctrine destroys the personality of God, and his Son Jesus Christ our Lord. The infamous measures by which it was forced upon the church, which appear upon the pages of ecclesiastical history might well cause every believer in that doctrine to blush." {1855 J.N. Andrews, TAR 54.3}

Views: 363

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't have a single problem with this post,it's in line with the teachings of the bible,what then is the bone of contention?who is on the opposition side and what is his or her stand?what led to this discussion?trinity is not Adventist theory,what problem do you have with triune?what makes the term wrong?is it because Ellen white never use it or because the term is wrong?

I don't know my brother, I see God as a family of three personalities, being the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, three co-eternal beings.

I suggest you read our study link, to ascertain wherein the problem with our SDA teachings and the latest 28 fundamental creed.

In fairness to this topic, we have presented this study :

http://spiritualsprings.org/ss-1330.htm

Shalom

I have visited the site you posted it's link,and if i'm not misunderstanding,it's all about the gender of the Godhead and i want to ask,what does the Holy spirit genders knowledge got to do with the salvation of man? does it impact our love and understanding of Him?why is this knowledge a necessity now?

That is a fair question Chibueze nwakpa

Personally I don't mind what others see in Scripture, because we have a great deal of freedom over many aspects of things there, but our Church has detailed many things for us to vow upon, way too many details in fact, many of which do not have Scripture support. Changes to a Church doctrine are supposed to be voted by a General Conference session, and the changes regarding the personality of the Holy Spirit was never voted at all. These changes came in after 1981. I have watched many people being baptised have to agree that the Holy Spirit is a "he", whatever that means.

This implies since Ephesians 3:15,16, that GOD is a family in heaven, that all the members of the Godhead are a "he" too, whatever that means.

You ask  "what does the Holy spirit genders knowledge got to do with the salvation of man?"

Ge 1:26 ¶ And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:

Ge 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

What does this mean? Made into God's image? What was made?

I would like to suggest differences in the personalities of loving.

There are two Hebrew words for love. Ahab we term "maleness-love" and Ahabuh we term "femaleness-love". The Greek uses "apage love" and "philos love". The SOP calls them "Father's love" and "Fellowship love".

The animal kinds had helpers because there are two personalities of love.

This makes each animal kind into a family of love.

Jesus became not just our king, but our father of a redeemed family, to be grafted into GOD's FAMILY, via Jesus, who is the Son of this heavenly Family of LOVE.

Jesus says the marriage and given in of marriage is switched off in heaven, but our styles of loving as personalities remain. This is why GOD is LOVE.

Love in Hebrew is not one word, but two. Our church fundamentally preaches one aspect of loving, but has forgotten the other fundamental aspect of loving, which can be term "nurture" or "Fellowship-love" or the "loving style" gender females express best.

Notice the way Jesus spoke to Peter:

Joh 21:15 ¶ So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee.

Jesus asked Peter agape me? Peter answer Philos You.

But after the third time, the order is changed?

Jesus asked Peter Philos me? Peter is sad and says Yes I Philos thee.

What's different here? What did Jesus ask differently? Jesus wanted Peter to love the sheep with fellowship love, the kind of loving gender males do when they fall in love with gender females, seeking them deeply as a partner for marriage.

Now is this kind of loving a salvation issue? You decide...

" does it impact our love and understanding of Him?" 

Have a look at a basic comprehensive study of love

http://spiritualsprings.org/ss-1518.htm

"why is this knowledge a necessity now?"

Our Church creed forces us to abandon the other aspects of loving, we have to see all the Godhead as a "he", whatever that means. As we approach the end of time, how do we become of one accord?

Shalom

I've seen your last post and i have also know your stand,this is the end of time and Satan is doing his worst to mislead the church,should we allow him to archive his aim?God forbid,we should be on the Lord's side and fight for the unity of the church and the purity of the gospel,to archive this,we should learn from our predecessors,God used Ezekiel,Elijah,Jeremiah of old to correct his people,even martin Luther etc,i suggest you compare the points they made with the one you're making now,heaven and earth will appreciate more your effort if you channel it on real issues that affects the church,there is saving knowledge and formality knowledge,you may be right or wrong in your stand on the gender of the Holy spirit but even if you're right,it's still not as noble as you take (the work you think you're doing for the Lord)it to be because the knowledge of the gender of the Holy spirit is a mere formality,it's not a saving knowledge,so center your battle for on things that will deprive us a place in God's kingdom.

Thanks for the kind reply  Chibueze nwakpa.

You suggest I focus on more salvation matters. God willing, this we do.

I suggest you study our website carefully, for it shows you how to have a deeper and more powerful relationship with Jesus.

For example, where in Scripture found in one Bible passage are the same Steps to Christ, as listed in EGW book Steps to Christ?

We also investigate how to get more and more faith from Jesus, and what this fundamental process really means, using Bible and SOP comments.

http://spiritualsprings.org/

Have a look over the themes, we suggest starting at the top.

Shalom my friend.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by Clark P.   Powered by