Adventist Online

The reason I ask this is because I recently came across this quote and it confused me:

“God loves honest hearted, truthful children, but cannot love those who are dishonest.” “The Lord loves those little children who try to do right, and He has promised that they shall be in His kingdom. But wicked children God does not love.” “When you feel tempted to speak impatient [sic], remember the Lord sees you, and will not love you if you do wrong.” Ellen G. White, An Appeal to the Youth, pp. 42, 62.

Views: 87

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Give him a break; he just wanted to know what she meant. I don't see any attacks on Ellen White here, so you have no reason to accuse him of such.
Thanks Travis. Some here seem to be oversensitive to any questions being asked. How does one learn if you don't ask questions. I appreciate all of the dialogue here. We don't have anything to hide. Truth does not bring on fear.
Our prophet had this to say on the topic:

"The spirit that would close the door to investigation of points of truth in a Christlike manner is not the Spirit from above."
9MR 216
I'm not sure I buy into that. Its funny I posted both quotes with the same explanation, now all of a sudden, here is the first quote without the second. I respect his right to say whatever he wants within the rules, and he has done that, I'm just a bit skeptical. It just when I see a pattern, well.......
However all inquiries should be answered. If one doesn't like my answer, perhaps another will work for that person. :)
The quote was the context. You have changed the context. I am not sure what the second quote has to do with the first. Perhaps I could be shown.
Chap. 256 - What Is God Like?

For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the Lord that hath mercy on thee. Isaiah 54:10. {TMK 262.1}

We are not to think of God only as a judge and to forget Him as our loving Father. Nothing can do our souls greater harm than this, for our whole spiritual life will be molded by our conceptions of God's character. . . . {TMK 262.2}
Now let us improve the precious opportunities to become acquainted with our heavenly Father, who "so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish. . . ." Wondrous love that God, the infinite God, has made it our privilege to approach Him by the name of Father! No earthly parent could plead more earnestly with an erring child than He who made us pleads with the transgressor. No human, loving interest has ever followed the impenitent with such tender invitations. . . . {TMK 262.3}
His word is pledged. The mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed, but His kindness shall not depart from His people, neither shall the covenant of His peace be removed. His voice is heard, "I have loved thee with an everlasting love" (Jeremiah 31:3). "With everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee" (Isaiah 54:8). How amazing is this love, that God condescends to remove all cause for doubt and questioning from human fears and weakness and takes hold of the trembling hand reached up to Him in faith; and He helps us to trust Him by multiplied assurances and securities. He has made us a binding agreement upon condition of our obedience, and He comes to meet us in our own understanding of things. We think that a pledge or promise from our fellow men, if recorded, still needs a guarantee. Jesus has met all these peculiar fears, and He has confirmed His promise with an oath: "Wherein God, willing more abundantly to shew unto the heirs of promise the immutability of his counsel, confirmed it by an oath: . . ." What more could our Lord do to strengthen our faith in His promises? {TMK 262.4}
Those who have completely hardened their hearts against the Holy Spirit permanently have committed the unpardonable sin.
There is no hope for them, they will not repent. Furthermore, they would hate to be in God's presence. God's
presence of Love and divinity would destroy them.
We must be honest about our heart's condition before God. After all, He already knows the truth. There are no lies in God's presence.
satan is the father of liars, and his people are those who follow this same act.

lying is separating yourself from God.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2018   Created by Clark P.   Powered by