Adventist Online

Messages to Young People, p. 461. "The marriage institution was designed of Heaven to be a blessing to man; but, in a general sense, it has been abused in such a manner as to make it a dreadful curse.

Views: 856

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

LOLlolololololol, dwl lollolol ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah, lolol Daniel wow, lol you are a trip, lol dwl...you are not alone my brother, I tell you not alone lolololololololol DWL.....

LOL

hahahahaha....i have faith Mel...thank u....

thank u for praying my dear aunt....u always in my pray too....:)

It is unfortunate that marriage has been degraded and taken lightly in today's society. We know that the enemy is hard at work destroying marriages because marriage is a symbol between the church and God.." Husband love your wives as Christ love the church"...I don't think being married or single is better than the other. I think they are equal, to me its what you do while you are married or single that counts..either way your life as a married or single person should bring honor and glory to God.

Not all can be married and not all can be single but we all have our gift from God..I want to be married one day if it is God's will if not then I am willing to accept a life of singleness.
1 Corinthians 7: 7-9
7 For I would that all men were even as I myself. But every man hath his proper gift of God, one after this manner, and another after that. 8 I say therefore to the unmarried and widows, it is good for them if they abide even as I. 9 But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn.

nice Cynthia....thank you....i have much question in my mind....some times when i see my Adventist neighbor and hows their family and i think is marriage a blessing or a curse? but i come to my family and hows them...they has a good family and i pray God, one day i want to be married....

Adventist home p. 15 "Society is composed of families, and is what the heads of families make it.  Out of the heart are  "the issues of life"; and the heart of the community, of the church, and of the nation is the household.  The well-being of society, the success of the church, the prosperity of the nation, depend upon home influences.

-Satan is seeking to destroy the world and especially God's church; therefore the family is his special target!

-Worldwide divorce rates are rapidly increasing

As in the days of Noah, one of the signs of these times is a passion for injudicious and hasty marriages. Satan is in this. If Paul could remain single, and recommend the same to others, that he and they might be wholly His, and wish to make a sure things of avoiding the cares, trials, and bitter anguish, so frequent in the experiences of those who choose the married life, remain as he was? And as he was, be a commendable course for those who are waiting for the coming of the Son of man, unless evidences were unquestionable that they were bettering their condition, and making Heaven more sure by so doing? When so much is at stake, why not be on the sure side every time?"

5 Testimonies p. 366"In this age of the world, as the scenes of earth's history are soon to close and we are about to enter upon the time of trouble such as never was, the fewer the marriages contracted, the better for all, both men and women." 

Even though I would love to get married and believe this would be better for me rather than for me to remain single, I would say I am not sure which is better.  To some marriage is better for them while to others it is better if they remain single.

Amen Joyce...

me too Ricardo i don't know which the better but yes...i love to get married....:) even yesterday my friend come to my house and she talk to me ur life is good even u are single...better to stay single then married...coz she told me her married is a curse...:(

everyone has a different experience in life based on how we pick our choices.Your course in life is not necessarily the same course as your friends.

I believe that the sin in marriage today is getting into it without asking God for guidance. If we all seek God's will in marriage and in singleness, He will make the marriages work just as he planned them to work. 

Imagine if God took off the veil in our eyes and told us,'This is the kind of life i want you to live'. wouldn't it be perfect? You know what? God is longing for the day we all surrender to Him and ask Him to show us the way, and He will lift that veil.

Thank you Bessy, this because my friends who is married told me better i am single then married...but my heart said. i don't like being single...one day i will married...

and yes we have ask God for guidance which the better for us, married or being single...

God bless Bessy

Joyce, I thank God that despite your experience, you have something good out of if. Sure, God is gracious. He's placed roses on thorns and even in our lives, e.g. your relationship, He gave you children that remind you He is a merciful God. Thanks be to Him.

In most of our life experiences, God never leaves us alone. He is with us in ever step of the way. I am not married, but i have made several mistakes in r/ship. when i realized how off the mark I was, I prayed that God take control in that area which I had not surrended- r/ship. 

Now, I always pray that God's will be done, and I will not get into a r/ship if God is not geting into it with me.

this sounds funny, but its how i choose to approach r/ships this days: If i get some attention from a man, i prayed that if God will not ok it, then He should cause that guy's interest in me to die off and if it is His will, then He show me a sign. And it works, I don't have to keep fighting off some guy :) This is because i am not getting into any other r/ship that will not lead to marriage, and I want a marriage in which I will honour and glorify God in. 

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service