Adventist Online

Is it ok to serve Pork, Meat, Ice cream Cake, Beef steak, or horror flicks, chick flicks.

I've thought it was unwise to serve these things since I went to Wildwood and interacted with that health and wellness institute.  They showed that we should serve the best foods and the best health practices and not give someone something that would injure them.  Although if some people were given a choice they would choose the unhealthy stuff.  So the question is should we serve the rotten stuff in business, or should we serve them only good stuff.  Because God gave the Israelites meat, but then He slew them.  Sounds weird to me.  Let me know what you think please.

Enlighten the Cross Ministries,

Andrew

Views: 146

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We should not serve pork or alcohol. There is nothing wrong is serving the best foods available.  

Yes, we may find God's dealings with us a bit strange at times, as you say God gave Israel meat and then slew them. There were reasons for this. I paste some quotes from Patriarchs and Prophets, that may throw some light on the question.

God had promised to be their God, to take them to Himself as a people, and to lead them to a large and good land; but they were ready to faint at every obstacle encountered in the way to that land. In a marvelous manner He had brought them out from their bondage in Egypt, that He might elevate and ennoble them and make them a praise in the earth. But it was necessary for them to encounter difficulties and to endure privations. God was bringing them from a state of degradation and fitting them to occupy an honorable place among the nations and to receive important and sacred trusts. Had they possessed faith in Him, in view of all that He had wrought for them, they would cheerfully have borne inconvenience, privation, and even real suffering; but they were unwilling to trust the Lord any further than they could witness the continual evidences of His power. They forgot their bitter service in Egypt. They forgot the goodness and power of God displayed in their behalf in their deliverance from bondage. They forgot how their children had been spared when the destroying angel slew all the first-born of Egypt. They forgot the grand exhibition of divine power at the Red Sea. They forgot that while they had crossed safely in the path that had been opened for them, the armies of their enemies, attempting to follow them, had been overwhelmed by the waters of the sea. They saw and felt only their present inconveniences and trials; and instead of saying, “God has done great things for us; whereas we were slaves, He is making of us a great nation,” they talked of the hardness of the way, and wondered when their weary pilgrimage would end. {PP 292.3}

Many look back to the Israelites, and marvel at their unbelief and murmuring, feeling that they themselves would not have been so ungrateful; but when their faith is tested, even by little trials, they manifest no more faith or patience than did ancient Israel. When brought into strait places, they murmur at the process by which God has chosen to purify them. Though their present needs are supplied, many are unwilling to trust God for the future, and they are in constant anxiety lest poverty shall come upon them, and their children shall be left to suffer. Some are always anticipating evil or magnifying the difficulties that really exist, so that their eyes are blinded to the many blessings which demand their gratitude. The obstacles they encounter, instead of leading them to seek help from God, the only Source of strength, separate them from Him, because they awaken unrest and repining. {PP 293.2}

Again they began to clamor for flesh to eat. Though abundantly supplied with manna, they were not satisfied. The Israelites, during their bondage in Egypt, had been compelled to subsist on the plainest and simplest food; but then keen appetite induced by privation and hard labor had made it palatable. Many of the Egyptians, however, who were now among them, had been accustomed to a luxurious diet; and these were the first to complain. At the giving of the manna, just before Israel reached Sinai, the Lord had granted them flesh in answer to their clamors; but it was furnished them for only one day. {PP 377.4}

If you are married, get used to 'Chick Flicks' women like watching tear jerking movies because it is an emotional release, and they are allowed more of a pantheon of emotions than men are.  I suffer through them, by making fun of the absurdity, which makes her laugh, and then irritated that she is laughing.  :)

My wife never watched chick flicks and I'm very grateful for her.

TELL ME ABOUT IT, BUT HEY I SEE IT AS SNUGGLE TIME.

We always strive to live towards the ideal pattern for life as created for the garden of Eden.

ROMANS 14:17  For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

Are you going to tell that to the people who are sick from indulging in "meat and drink" that is making them sick?  One of my customers has had three stints put in for his heart.  If he would just change his diet his life would change but here you quote Romans 14: 17 out of context.  You say this to the wrong person they could continue down a path that would shorten their time with family who needs them, from time they need to get right with God.  You should not misquote scripture.

LOL.  I DID NOT MIS QUOTE IT.  COPY PASTED ACTUALLY.  I'M SURE YOU MEANT MISINTERPRET, ALSO YOUR CUSTOMER MOST LIKELY HAD A STENT NON A STINT.

ANYWAYS, CHRIST SAID THAT IT IS NOT WHAT GOES IN WHICH WILL DEFILE US, RATHER WHAT COMES OUT.  OBVIOUSLY NOT EVERYTHING WE EAT IS OF BENEFIT, BUT IT IS NOT A SIN, UNLESS THE FOOD IS FOOD OFFERED TO IDOLS.  SO EATING A PORK HOT DOG MAY NOT BE A GOOD HEALTHY FOOD, BUT IT IS NOT A SIN EITHER.  APPLES ARE GOOD, IF ALL YOU EAT IS APPLES YOU WILL HAVE DIARRHEA AND LOOSE NUTRIENTS NEEDED AND MAY BECOME DEHYDRATED. 

Come Lord Jesus...  I can't wait for that Great Day!  Can you in Truth?

RG please share some more of your wisdom regarding diets, and happy swine flesh eating as well. If you had any sensitivity at all you would not say these things here. I know you have it all worked out but remember you should take care of your weaker brother, who may not reach such a dizzying height in wisdom as you have.  

Everyone will be given a chance at salvation.  We are told in the Holy Scriptures to hasten the day in 2 Peter.  But not everyone is really ready for that day.  Never will everyone be ready for that Day.  Jesus truly loves everyone yet He will destroy the vast majority in Tartarus.  Why do we have to wait much longer when Jesus knows that He has almost sealed all of His people and there are much more than just 7 signs of the end that has been preached at campmeeting before.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2017   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service