Adventist Online

I was once asked by a friend to post this in a forum. She said she really wanted to know how others answer this particular question which we will be dealing everday...",. This made her giggle indeed...",

He, he. Yeah, this title made me giggle. Is it possible to live a life without sin? Let us examine the question, shall we? Who or what in this case is defining "sin"? For simplicity sake, let us break the Cardinal Rule (ironic, isn't it?) of never assuming anything and let us assume that in this case our sins are defined by the Christian church and ideologies. I think that makes discussion simpler for this topic.

So the question has now become: Is it possible to live within the confines of Christian rules and ideologies as an individual without sin? Well, simply put the answer is no. According to these theologies, every human being (that's you) is born with Original Sin. The concept of original sin refers to the fallen state of man, the origins of which can be found in the book of Genesis where Adam and Eve eat from the tree of knowledge and are banned from Paradise for all time (I guess ignorance really is bliss!). Original sin means that from your first moment in life, before you are even cut from your mother, you are sinful, the implication of which is that your very existence is a transgression against God. So we have that one out of the way. Let's move on.

Say we remove original sin just for the purposes of this argument because, let's face it, so little discussion on this topic is kind of boring. So say that hypothetically, we are born clean. Can we now proceed without sin? Well, let's just see how many things are sinful as described in the bible: transgression, unrighteousness, omission of know duty, faithlessness & foolishness of thinking all constitute as sin in the bible. Wow! That is quite the list! That means that the first time you disobey your parents, question your faith, argue with your sister, fail to clean your room, or say something dumb (words like 'poo' and 'caca' and 'butt' come to mind) you have fallen off the sin wagon. And that's not all! All sorts of little misdeeds are sins!

"Whosoever comiteth sin transgression also the law: for is the transgression of the law"
1 John, 3:4

This means anytime you break a law that is not in direct conflict with the laws laid down in the bible you have sinned.

Views: 104

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am nothing without Christ. He alone gives me the power to resist the cake. I am not about to go about doing ANYthing without power from Him.
AMEN !!! Now ... I hope that some on this thread will put heresy to rest and accept Biblical Truths. Do you think we will have to discuss this any further?
The unpardonable sin is rejecting the love of the truth until God gives the over to lies that they love.

2Th 2:10 And with all delusion of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

2Th 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
God will never deny His power to anyone at anytime to overcome sin. We also must put forth effort. We may need to not buy anymore chocolate cake, study the harmful effects. Pray more. Study more. It is always us that prevent our victory over sin. We can never blame God and say 'he chooses not to give me victory" That is a license to sin.

Psa 119:11 Your word have I hid in my heart, that I might not sin against you.
Chap. 285 - Happiness in Obedience

Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son. Colossians 1:12, 13. {TMK 291.1}

Our future eternal happiness depends upon having our humanity, with all its capabilities and powers, brought into obedience to God and placed under the control of Divinity. Many have no faith in Jesus Christ. They say, "It was easy for Christ to obey the will of His Father, for He was divine." But His Word declares He was "in all points tempted like as we are" (Hebrews 4:15). He was tempted according to and in proportion to His elevation of mind, but He would not weaken or cripple His divine power by yielding to temptation. In His life on earth Christ was a representative of what humanity may be through the privileges and opportunities granted them in Him. . . . {TMK 291.2}
When Satan tempted our first parents . . . he tried to flatter them into believing that they should be raised above the sphere of humanity. But Christ, by the example He has set before us, encourages the members of the human family to be men, obeying the Word of God within the sphere of their humanity. He Himself became a man--not a bondslave to Satan to work out his attributes, but a man in moral power, obedient to the law of God, which is a transcript of His character. Those who would rebel against subjection to a wise and good law emanating from God are slaves to an apostate power. {TMK 291.3}
Jesus became a man that He might mediate between man and God, . . . that He might restore to man the original mind which he lost in Eden through Satan's alluring temptation. . . . Disobedience is not in accordance with the nature which God gave to man in Eden. {TMK 291.4}
Through the moral power Christ has brought to man, we may give thanks unto God who hath made us meet for the inheritance with the saints in light. Through Jesus Christ every man may overcome in his own behalf and on his own account, standing in his own individuality of character. {TMK 291.5}
thanks Ian, I always go for Joe Crews!

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by Clark P.   Powered by