Adventist Online

Is it proper to label or use the Bible a "Bible Game" in one of our church programs?

I have received a comment from a friend about his opinion on the use of Bible labeling it as "Bible Game" during one of our church programs. I had the same observation which he had pointed out...",

If I may quote the points, this goes like this...

Do you think that Bible games are really edifying? Are we trivializing and making fun of the Word of God? Did Jesus and the apostles learn the solemn, powerful Word of God by playing games with it? Is it much different than the irreverent joking and jesting that some do concerning spiritual things?
Satan's Strategy Is to Confuse the Senses.--Satan's work is to lead men to ignore God, to so engross and

absorb the mind that God will not be in their thoughts. The education they have received has been of a character to confuse the mind and eclipse the true light. Satan does not wish the people to have a knowledge of God; and if he can set in operation games and theatrical performances that will so confuse the senses of the young that human beings will perish in darkness while light shines all about them, he is well pleased. {AH 401.6}

I hope we can give light to this concern so that we would also know where our stand would be...",

Reminder: Please let's discuss this in a Christian way, giving due respect to each other's opinion. Thanks...",

Views: 45

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Gabe. Can you send it to me also. I love Jeopardy.
Gab, I am referring to what Sis. Evelyn cited on how they do their Bible Interactive...",
Seems the more senses that can be engaged, the greater success of communication: audio, visual, tactile, illustrations etc. They all appear to assist in clarifying and reinforcing concepts.
Yes, I agree with you. We have been using these materials too to aid us in our concepts...", If you don't mind, I just would like to ask this to you...It is really proper to use "game" per se in the Bible?
The use of the BIBLE to play games is a good tool for Bible study.... especially for the young ones
For clarification only. I just wonder why "playing games" per se (basing on its literal meaning) can be applicable in the Bible since words that are written in it are considered sacred or holy...", Just a thought...",
If i'm understanding here, it isn't what kind of bible game wer'e usuing to play in the church but the word "game' that seems to be the problem, I believe that an act is more stronger than an actual word being used. If we think it is ok to interact with each other by using the bible in learning more about christ in memory or other kinds of various activities there's nothing wrong with that. We should not make the sabbath day grevious and toilsome like what the pharisees did in bibical times it should be called a delight. In getting back to the word "game', if we want to play with words what would you say if a topic of sex was brought up in church, would it be wrong to have a discussion on this hot subject that some of our older folks may feel, it is not sabbatical to discuss such a revelent topic on this day, because the word sex to them seems to be an unholy topic for a holy day. We have to put aside our own way of our preception and use ways and means to draw others closer to Him since that, we are truly living in the last days of this earth's history. Don't let the devil side tract us with these trivial matters while he is roaring like a lion seeking whom he may devour. Instead let us love one another. Every thing that is done let it be done in decency and in order. Have a pleasant sabbath ya all.
This should be dealt with purely politcally let there be a time and a place this also.
Competition can be good. Did you make it to the Pathfinder Camporee?
Competition inside the church? I don't think so...We're discussing here Bible Games inside the church not outside...Yes, it can be done outside like the one you have mentioned such as Pathfinder Camporee?

What do you think. Is it applicable inside the church especially during Sabbath Day?
If the Bible can be used to play a game outside the church, why is it not allowed inside?
It must not be a game per se, or by the name label to it because it implies other meaning such as entertainment or amusement or worst is...competition...", It should have been "Bible Interactive" not Bible Game...

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service