Adventist Online

Is it sin for women to wear trousers?

Deu 22:5  A woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment; for whosoever doeth these things is an abomination unto Jehovah thy God.

Views: 487

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When i consider what else is called an abomination it only makes sense to me in the context of:  

Drag KingsDrag QueensHijrasKathoeysTransvestismhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-dressing.

Brethren let's be consistent let's not sweep Scripture under the rug.. For those who think it is ok for a woman to wear pants do you think it is ok for men to wear dresses ?   If not, why not ?

Some of our people are essentially trying to say that there is no such thing as men's clothing and women's clothing. If not, then please explain what the following text means.  

Deu 22:5  A woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment; for whosoever doeth these things is an abomination unto Jehovah thy God.

It is the intention behind it that makes it an abomination, see my post above.

We still can distinguish between male and female cloths, even if they wear pants, that's the main point. The rest just leads to nowhere and pseudo-legalism.

No

As far as I can determine, it is not a sin, but it is how it is worn.  

The principle over all though, is wear only that which will allow you to at all times, effectively witness, and not cause shame or misunderstanding and distraction from the work of building the kingdom of God.

This applies to both men and women.

Did the disciples wear pants back then? That's something to think about. But I'm sure that whatever they wore could  be distinguished among women's clothing. In today's society, women and men's  clothing should be distinguished as well. I hope that answers your question, Daniel.

If we base it on their time, I'll say Yes.. But for now, I think its practical for us to wear it, and it help conservative girls to run fast or for self defense if given a chance from surprise romances (rape cases) specially to areas where there are things like that ;)

The thing is, I think we're making it  a bigger issue than it really is, including  myself  in  the past. But as I have done additional research,I have found that back then, and still today men in the middle East, do not wear pants. However;  you can distinguish between men and women's clothing. So the hypothesis hear is: If it is wrong for a woman to wear pants, it is also wrong for men to wear pants. The conclusion is that, our society has made these standards, and changes of which women are being critized on. Not saying that modesty is not important, but just saying that these standards should apply to both as well. Also in both genders, apparel has been altered and exaggerated so much to the extent of immorality. And that should be the real issue. Therefore, whatever the era and changes we are facing, we should maintain our  modesty.

They may not be pretending to look like men but they do. Pants/jeans also  show more of the cuts, curves, and creases  than a modest dress.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service