Adventist Online

Matthew 19:9 "And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery:and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery."

Comments, views and discussions are welcomed

Views: 1660

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Atul. Thanks for your post.

I would just like to point out that we all sin, we all have greed, we all have evil desires and worship idols and lust and we are all unclean.

If you've met anyone who isn't all of the above. Please let me know. I would like to meet them.
Do you no longer sin willfully? In other words ... are the only sins that you now commit ... un-willful? Personally ... I don't have anyone forcing me to sin. Sin is a choice that I make. All the resources of heaven are at our disposal to not sin. Ellen White states that there is NO excuse for sin. So, in my view ... all sin is willful. God calls us to both KNOW Him and to serve Him. To not KNOW Him is also willful sin .. for we could know Him. He is drawing all men unto Himself. What is our answer?
it depends on the reason they divorced as the verse says if someone puts away his wife for a reason that is not adultery or fornication makes anyone who decides to marry that person to commit adultery. Thats wat i think n u?
WHEN PAUL WAS ADDRESSING THE ISSUES OF THE CORINTHIAN CHURCH, HE ADDRESSED THIS ISSUE IN 1COR.7 WHERE HE ADDRESSES THE ISSUE OF
1 FORNICATION
2 SUBMISSIVENESS OF HUSBANDS AND WIVES
3 DIVORCE
AND SO FORTH SO FROM THIS POINT OF VIEW I THINK IT IS NOT GOOD TO MARRY A DIVORCED MAN OR WOMAN.
And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband:
But and if she depart, let her remain UNMARRIED, OR SHE BE RECONCILE WITH THE HUSBAND:AND LET NOT THE HUSBAND PUT AWAY HIS WIFE.
1cor. 7:10,11.
WHEN PAUL WAS ADDRESSING THE ISSUES OF THE CORINTHIAN CHURCH, HE ADDRESSED THIS ISSUE IN 1COR.7 WHERE HE ADDRESSES THE ISSUE OF
1 FORNICATION
2 SUBMISSIVENESS OF HUSBANDS AND WIVES
3 DIVORCE
AND SO FORTH SO FROM THIS POINT OF VIEW I THINK IT IS NOT GOOD TO MARRY A DIVORCED MAN OR WOMAN.
And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband:
But and if she depart, let her remain UNMARRIED, OR SHE BE RECONCILE WITH THE HUSBAND:AND LET NOT THE HUSBAND PUT AWAY HIS WIFE.
1cor. 7:10,11.
The husband who puts away his wife though she was faithful to him causes her to commit adultery. That means she has no other choice, but he is the one who's guilty of the adultery. He's also guilty of the adultery of the new guy that marries her. They are not guilty, but he is. He was the one who divorced her.

Adultery means to "adulterate", which means:

"to debase or make impure by adding inferior materials or elements; use cheaper, inferior, or less desirable goods in the production of (any professedly genuine article): to adulterate food."
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/adulterate

It's basically mixing something where it doesn't belong. This covers mixing with someone's wife, another man, a child, an animal, etc.
My brothers,

You all have not even read the question properly. Since most of you are good guys, you mention that divorce is a sin and blah blah.... Few people out here differ

Question is not whether divorce is sin or not. Question is whether it is sin to marry a divorced man (next stage of divorced individual).

Think again and then answer. Most of you out here try to prove that you all are good. Most of us are not.

Move out of that and tell me.

Regards
I just finished reading the thread and the one question I have is, Why is what Jesus Himself said about divorce questioned? He said the only ground for divorce is unfaithfulness. So there is ground for divorce then. Why are some calling it a sin if someone divorces on the ground of unfaithfulness?
the issue here is not about something else butif is not to be sin or not to marry divorced! here but do not have children and I think everyone without exception has already met people who were divorced without adultery and both are now married and with offices in the church! would never have forgiveness! and more! in adultery case when a married ,the other must still alone! so the church has not complied with this! peace
tony

Sugira uma

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com