Adventist Online

For Adventists in these last days just before the close of probation we need the Spirit of Prophecy, what about those Adventists that reject Ellen White? Will they be included in the remnant? Will they recieve the seal of God or the mark of the beast?

2Ch 20:20 Believe in the LORD your God, so shall you be established; believe his prophets, so shall you prosper.

There will be a hatred kindled against the testimonies which is satanic. The workings of Satan will be to unsettle the faith of the churches in them, for this reason: Satan cannot have so clear a track to bring in his deceptions and bind up souls in his delusions if the warnings and reproofs and counsels of the Spirit of God are heeded.-- Letter 40, 1890. {1SM 48.4}

Where do you stand?

Views: 102

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

2 Chronicles 20:20 "Believe in the LORD your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper."

The very last deception of Satan will be to make of none effect the testimony of the Spirit of God. "Where there is no vision, the people perish." Prov. 29:18. Satan will work ingeniously, in different ways and through different agencies, to unsettle the confidence of God's remnant people in the true testimony. He will bring in spurious visions, to mislead and mingle the false with the true, and so disgust people that they will regard everything that bears the name of visions, as a species of fanaticism; but honest souls, by contrasting false and true, will be enabled to distinguish between them. {FLB 296.6}
"When the Testimonies, which were once believed, are doubted and given up, Satan knows the deceived ones will not stop at this; and he redoubles his efforts till he launches them into open rebellion, which becomes incurable and ends in destruction.
amen brother, God Bless, Steve
Stephen ... You ask if Charlie is an SDA. But, I must ask you .... ARE you a current member of a Seventh day Adventist Church. OR ... are you a member of an offshoot. As was mentioned. Much of the views you hold are typical of offshoots and not the church to which I am a member. Our prophet predicted there would be these kinds of people coming out of our church. This week's Sabbath School lesson discussed this. So, this is prophecy being fulfilled.

And thanks for the good posts Ricardo and Charlie and Mathi.
I have never been a member of any offshoot, have you? I was baptized in the SDA church in 1981 and again in 1992 in the Gladstone Or, SDA church. What views do I hold that are typical of offshoots?I have never been to a offshoot church. I teach against Shepherds Rod, the 1888 MSC, and ALL offshoots.
The real problem here is that I am solid, historic, traditional Adventist pillars of faith, I accept ALL of the 28 beliefs, no exceptions. And ALL of Ellen White. I agree with Doug Batchelor,Stephen Bohr, David Ashherick, Mark Finley, Mark Howard, Dave Westbrook, Eugene Prewitt, Colin Standish, C.D. Brooks, Sean Boonstra. etc.
What do you believe? Obviously something very different.
Bro Stephen apologies there was a slight typo I said 1 Cor 13 but really it should have been 1 Cor 12 - 1 Cor 14. But I know you know what I was talking about. Now if you know the fundamentals of the SDA there is no way you can claim that 1 cor 12 - 1 cor 14 is not a key passage to give kudos to the fact that EGW is a prophet. That's why I say that SDAs are so very good to being ecominacal with the truth. Let me quote from SDA fundamental

" The Functions of the Prophetic Gift in the New Testament. The New Testament gives prophecy a prominent place among the gifts of the Holy Spirit, once ranking it first and twice second among the ministries most useful to the church (see Rom. 12:6; 1 Cor. 12:28; Eph. 4:11). It encourages believers to desire especially this gift (1 Cor. 14:1, 39)."

Read for yourself Chapter 17 under the heading "The Gift of prophecy" I would have posted it but I know folks dont like to read long drawn out postings. The fundamental uses 1 Cor 12 - 14 as a foundation to establish that prophecy is active alive and kicking and to be desired. It then argues that the prophetic gift of the apostles lost it's vigour after the death of the apostles but it was to be revived at the end of time and hence EGW is the fulfilment of that.

In an earlier post you said that John and EGW are the two last inspired prophets. Now I know that ellen lived some 200 years ago and John some 2000 years ago. So by process of illimination that would make EGW the last prophet.

Finally brother stephen the issue is not whether or not I am an SDA, the issue is "If I reject EGW do I reject the Holy Spirit" My membership of the SDA does not come into the equation. What should be troubling you more is the blaphemic claims of the SDA's. What do I mean well I know and understand that the HOLY SPIRIT is the Spirit of Prophecy (Peter and Timothy) indicated such. However we want to attribute the writings of EGW as the HOLY SPIRIT.
Charlie, thanks for your continued interest, The verses you cite only say that all the gifts will continue in the true church (the remnant) until Jesus comes. Once we realize this fact, we must test all prophets by the Bible, and the fruits of the ministry of the prophet.
Joe 2:28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit on all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions
The above verse should be included as the context clearly is the final days of earth’s history.
Joe 2:30 And I will show wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.
Joe 2:31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the LORD come.
Joe 2:32 And it shall come to pass, that whoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD has said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.
Ellen White died in 1915, less than 100 years ago. Why are you saying that the Adventist church makes blasphemous claims? If it did, I would not be Adventist.
I urge you to fully investigate the ministry of Ellen G. White. You have not presented objections as to why you believe she is not a prophet.
If you ask God to reveal the truth to you, and you do so with an open mind, then he will reveal to you the truth.
http://www.ellengwhitetruth.com/
http://www.whiteestate.org/cdrom/cdrom.asp
http://ellenwhiteanswers.org/
Stephen you are now clutching at straws, SDA use that text simply to justify the prophetic calling of EGW. However SDA's do not agree that tongues is still valid or present in the remnant church. So you are contradicting SDA teachings and using part of the text to justify wrong teachings.

Come on brother stephen as a student if the word I expect more honesty from you when debating the word.
go away, you are abusive. I told you in the last post this discussion with you is over. If you can learn common Christian coutesy and kindness, then perhaps we can talk later.
accusing me of lying and dishonesty shows your spirit.
Judge not, that ye be not judged." Do not think yourself better than other men, and set yourself up as their judge. Since you cannot discern motive, you are incapable of judging another. In criticizing him, you are passing sentence upon yourself; for you show that you are a participant with Satan, the accuser of the brethren. The Lord says, "Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves." This is our work. "If we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged." 2 Corinthians 13:5; 1 Corinthians 11:31. {DA 314.1}
“…..God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints. “
1 Cor 13: 33. Thank goodness for that! “And even things without life - giving sound, whether pipe or harp, except they give a distinction in the sounds, how shall it be known what is piped or harped? For if the trumpet give an uncertain sound, who shall prepare himself to the battle?” Vs. 7-8.

Once upon a time, there was a man named Noah. He was asked by God to build a boat. (“His biddings are enablings... ” (we know that right?). sml. But from all appearances to Noah, a rather unusual request as he knew nothing about ship building. This was no new hobby, he was being asked to take up; it was going to save himself, his family and everyone else who would join him in boarding the vessel. It wasn’t enough that they believed in the merits of the mission and the seaworthiness of the vessel, they would actually have to board the boat for it to offer any protection. Imagine that! sml.

Well, there was another mindbender. It was going to rain. Who had ever heard of such a thing! How could there possibly be enough water to sail this monstrosity and where was it taking them anyways! Was this Noah guy an apostle, a prophet, a teacher, a worker of miracles? What was he really? Well, I suspect there were a whole lot of adjectives going around ….. And how long was this going to take anyways?

The story does end? After all the debate as to the wisdom of the undertaking and whether their own houses could keep them safe should something called “rain” ever come, no body boarded that boat except for this good man and his family. And we know the rest of the story….. Were there other believers in Noah’s day? Of course. Maybe they had all died prior to the unveiling of the finished product. Maybe that’s why it was only he and his family or maybe, they too were still arguing about the relevance, usefulness and commissioning of the assignment. Was this guy a crackpot? Had God really spoken to him? They weren’t hearing voices. lolol Why didn’t they have the gift of ‘prophecy’? Okay I’m having way too much fun with this.

Guess what I’m trying to say is that God sends us messengers at different times with relevant messages. We don’t have to listen. This God Being is really something if you ask me! He would rather die than take away our freedom to choose (even though He's offering you life!) and in fact did. But Beauty and Truth cannot be trapped in a tomb. Such places are reserved for dead men.

God has spread for us a feast! He brought me to his banqueting table; His banner over me is love. (Sol 2:4) We can choose to eat just one item if that is our wish but when he has provided so much for my dining pleasure, why leave the table famished? And the food so lovingly prepared, spurned and/or discarded? You don’t have to finish your plate. Take what you need and know that tomorrow has already been provided for. “ He anointest my head with oil, my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.” Psalm 23:5, 6. There are pebbles of truth scattered ‘everywhere’. Might we recognize the treasures and tuck them away in our hearts.

P.S. I am not of exact thinking on all that she espouses, but I do think she offers much food for thought, spiritual encouragement and edification.
P.S.S. Pardon too the length of this post. I really do try to be concise as I think more is likely to be extracted and remembered.....
4him can you tell me what an offshoot is? because i have learned that offshoots are those people who try to form a new movement and a new message who claim that the adventist church is now babylon which is a plan of satan to cause division. I dont understand how any Seventh day adventist cannot believe in the SOP which God has given us. And when i say not believe i say those who read a certain part of it but the rest the just let go over their heads, treating the testimonies of God's Spirit like a buffet. When it is not a buffet if you reject one of it you reject all of it. Especially when it comes down to the word of God because if the word of God says something somebody may not like, we try to accuse someone of being an sheperd's rod or an offshoot. Even though the church has its tares but God will weed them out. The Seventh -Day Adventist Church which God has started through the poineers (James and Ellen White, J. N. Andrews, Joseph Bates, etc) is still God's true church regardless of what others may believe. We must understand who the real enemy is. We are not fighting against flesh and blood.(Eph. 6:12). Revelation 12:17 "And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ."

"God has a church upon the earth who are His chosen people, who keep His commandments. He is leading, not stray offshoots, not one here and one there, but a people. The truth is a sanctifying power; but the church militant is not the church triumphant. There are tares among the wheat. 'Wilt thou then that we . . . gather them up?' was the question of the servant; but the master answered, 'Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.' The gospel net draws not only good fish, but bad ones as well, and the Lord only knows who are His. {TM 61.2}
"It is our individual duty to walk humbly with God. We are not to seek any strange, new message. We are not to think that the chosen ones of God who are trying to walk in the light compose Babylon. The fallen denominational churches are Babylon. Babylon has been fostering poisonous doctrines, the wine of error. This wine of error is made up of false doctrines, such as the natural immortality of the soul, the eternal torment of the wicked, the denial of the pre-existence of Christ prior to His birth in Bethlehem, and advocating and exalting the first day of the week above God's holy and sanctified day.
Did you study this week's Sabbath School Lesson? Or are you also with one of the 'offshoots'?
4 Him, your words are not kind. I would encourage you to be more thoughtful in your responses.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2018   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service