Adventist Online

For Adventists in these last days just before the close of probation we need the Spirit of Prophecy, what about those Adventists that reject Ellen White? Will they be included in the remnant? Will they recieve the seal of God or the mark of the beast?

2Ch 20:20 Believe in the LORD your God, so shall you be established; believe his prophets, so shall you prosper.

There will be a hatred kindled against the testimonies which is satanic. The workings of Satan will be to unsettle the faith of the churches in them, for this reason: Satan cannot have so clear a track to bring in his deceptions and bind up souls in his delusions if the warnings and reproofs and counsels of the Spirit of God are heeded.-- Letter 40, 1890. {1SM 48.4}

Where do you stand?

Views: 110

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

 A true prophet’s predictions will “come to pass” (Jeremiah 28:9)
Both biblical prophets and EGW made predictions that did not come to pass

 He will glorify God rather than himself (John 16:13)
Paul said that the world will be judged by his (paul's) gospel

 He does not give his own private interpretation (2 Peter 1:20, 21)
 He points out sin (Micah 3:5-8) (You also point out sin are you as prophet?)
 He warns of coming judgment (Isaiah 24:20, 21) Doug Bachlor warns of coming Judgement
 He edifies the church (1 Corinthians 14:3, 4) My pastor edifies the church
 His message harmonizes with the Bible (Isaiah 8:20) Evangelist Jones always gives bibloical correct sermons
 He teaches that Jesus came in the flesh (1 John 4:1-3) so does my pastor
 He has a Christian character (Matthew 7:16-20). Sister Jones is a Godly lady
 He is obedient to the will of God (Deuteronomy 18:18). So too is brother John

Now the pointers you have giving are stuff than a christian should uphold. Nothing in the above list is unique and so all SDA pastors should fulfill the above. The only one that might be a real test or unique is the prediction, however not all prophets made predictions. So you can be a prophets without fortelling the future.
Charlie, there is conditional prophecy. Read the book of Jonah. God said he would destroy Nineveh; He did not because the whole city repented when Jonah preached. Many such examples exist.
Many of the indentifying marks of the Christian and the prophet are the same, except the prophet is given direct Inspiration.
Please give a reference for “Paul’s gospel” it is the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Gal 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
Gal 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.
To rebuke and reprove is the duty of every Christian. . Ellen White was also called to a special work of reproof.
1Ti 5:20 Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear.
Luke 17:3 Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him.
Pro 27:5 Open rebuke is better than secret love.
Pro 9:8 Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee.
Lev 19:17 Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him.
Where did I point out sin in someone? If you speak of the "accuser of the brethren" that was a correct call.
Ellen White had over 2000 visions and dreams. This amounts to a claim of prophecy. So the content of the prophecies, and the other tests, must all agree with the Bible. Ellen white passes all the tests.
Someone once said that it is in forgetting that we are apt to repeat the past. I think their is a great deal of truth to that. Now "we have a more sure word of prophecy; where unto, YE do well that YE take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the daystar arise in your hearts....." " for the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man but Holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Spirit." 1 Peter 1:19-21.

Seems to me that not only is the Scriptures a 'living word" and a 'two edged sword" but a 'light unto my path". Although written many years ago, its stories about the lives of other men and women, have much relevance for today. For we have shared experiences and questions as did they. It is as such a case study of nations and individuals in their walk with God, and how their relationships impacted their environment and their posterity of whom we are a part. We not only have the wisdom of hindsight but also the living word by which God through our own experiences reveals Himself to us and establishes our faith. But as we look at the reformers that did much to pave the way out of the dark ages into the Renaissance and on to our time, we see that truth was also shared by others in remarkable ways. Ellen did not choose this task but gave herself wholeheartedly and what a resource! We stand on the shoulders of those who have gone before us and who at great cost paved the way for our access to truth. Might we not so quickly dismiss the Spirit guided messages, and might the Daystar arise in our hearts.....
Excellent post, shay we simply cannot afford to reject or despise the Lord's prophetThere is simply too much good information!
As our prophet indicated .... all we need is in the Bible. If we did as we should and read our scriptures .... we would not need the words that she wrote. I will stick with scripture as to not get confused. It's ALL there folks.
You're misinterpreting what she said. The Bible alone is our doctrine, but very few study it and obey it as they should. If you think the Spirit of Prophecy will confuse you, there is no question you have rejected her writings. That is your choice, but there is no question it is a bad one. If a person wants to comitt suicide, its easy to do.
It is not alone those who openly reject the Testimonies, or who cherish doubt concerning them, that are on dangerous ground. To disregard light is to reject it. {CCh 94.2}
If you lose confidence in the Testimonies you will drift away from Bible truth. I have been fearful that many would take a questioning, doubting position, and in my distress for your souls I would warn you. How many will heed the warning? 121 {CCh 94.3}
"While at ----, the Lord came to me in the night season and spoke precious words of encouragement concerning my work, repeating the same message that had been given me several times before. With regard to those who have turned from the light sent them, He said: 'In slighting and rejecting the testimony that I have given you to bear, it is not you, but Me, your Lord, that they have slighted.'" {5T 688.2}
Stephen, I'm not sure that the orthodox SDA church truly believes in Ellen White. They only believe some things she said and reject others. The people who really believe in her are those the church sees as offshoots such as Shepherd Rods and others. Those who believe every word Ellen White says tent to become legalistic.

No one needs to believe in Ellen White in order to be saved. The Bible alone is sufficient. Ellen White is no different from any other inspired writer of today. Why is she placed above everyone else?
Ricardo, apostasy grows worse in the SDA church in these last days. In my view, there are less and less pastors and conference leaders who accept her prophet status as they should.
18. The Gift of Prophecy:
One of the gifts of the Holy Spirit is prophecy. This gift is an identifying mark of the remnant church and was manifested in the ministry of Ellen. G. White . As the Lord's messenger, her writings are a continuing and authoritative source of truth which provide for the church comfort guidance, instruction, and correction. They also make clear that the Bible is the standard by which all teaching and experience must be tested. (Joel 2:28, 29; Acts 2:14-21; Heb. 1:1-3;Rev. 12:17; 19:10.)
This is Adventist fundamental belief #18. There’s not 1 in a hundred who follow the Bible as they should without the additional benefit of EGW. With the hyper-increased wickedness, and worldliness that proliferates today, her guidance upon the detailed attacks of Satan, and specifics upon last day events are absolutely critical.
No one will ever know what she is about unless they thoroughly investigate her ministry. A good start would be this website: http://www.ellengwhitetruth.com/
Also, Dr. Walter Vieth has an excellent video lecture entitled “God’s Guiding Gift” which Is free to watch on Google videos. It is a part of his Total Onslaught Series.
http://amazingdiscoveries.org/ Shepherds Rod is a very deviant offshoot that follows the teachings of Victor Houteff, a false prophet from the 1930’s. They have many divisions and other false prophets (Bob Jones, etc,) They claim Ellen White and Houteff are in agreement but they are not. They follow Houteff in his false interpretations of the wheat and the tares, and other texts. For info see on this site: www.bibledoc.org, (Eugene Prewitt)
Many Adventists and others have wrong ideas about legalism. To some, faith in Jesus and keeping the commandments is legalism. EGW was not a legalist, she had the perfect balance the Holy Spirit gave her. I am not a legalist either, and I accept all her writings as authoritative. Adventism is increasingly populated by liberalists; many are not even converted, so just about anything goes.
2Ti 3:5 Having a form of Godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
The prophet John who gave the book of Revelation, and Ellen White are the last two inspired prophets. Who else are you saying is inspired? Inspiration means God have them specific messages to give to the church, which is prophet status.
Thank you for your reply, Steve
Stephen I think that as SDA's tend to bend scriptures in order to support our doctrines. How on earth are you going to use 1 Corithians 13 as a proof text for EGW. Please note that 1 Cor 13 is talking about the various gifts that is to be prsent in the church. Please remember also that the texts said PROPHETS plural, but we only claim one prophets EGW. Where are the apostles or those who work miracles or those who speak in tongues. We hold on to the prophetic ministry of EGW but cannot identify any apostles eve though Paul always ranked Apostles above Prophets. 1st Cor 13 cannot be our text to give credence to EGW because we do not believe EGW to be an ordinary prophets. Joel also said tat in te last days your men and women will have dreams and visions however we can only point to one person EGW.

How can EGW be the last inspired prophets when Paul said that there is to be prophets, apostles, miracles until the coming of christ. It shows how far we have come, now you are claiming that EGW is the last inspired prophet. What specific message did EGW give to the church, it must be noted that none of the pillar of our doctrines originated with EGW. Even the health message did not originate with EGW, Sylvester Graham (1794- 1851) was promoting the health message long before EGW had her 1863 health vision.

Men like Bates, Andrews, Crozier, Edson were responsible for the pillar doctrines of the faith. So I am not doubting she had specvific message I am just asking you to tell one or two of those specific messages.
For me: The bible alone is enough to secure me a place in heaven,the seal of God and everything i need to obtain an inharitance God has reserved for me.

Looking unto Christ, the author and perfecter of my faith.
I would urge investigation of Ellen White, if she is a true prophet, one cannot afford to ignore that. satan will lead away from Christ in steps
www.bibledoc.org, (Eugene Prewitt)
www.audioverse.org
http://ellenwhiteanswers.org/
You are mistaken, 1 Cor. 13, is never used to support the gift of prophecy. How can you say SDA's "bend" Scripture to supprt their doctrines? Are you SDA? Please be specific, what is bent?
Eph 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
Eph 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ:
You may be thinking about this text. Where did I say EGW is the last prophet? I believe no one else will be called for her specific work, (the writings) note the book the Great Controversy and others ends at the return of Christ, and the new earth.
God may give dreams or visions to others, (not Ernie Knoll, for sure) but I’m skeptical unless they are proven by the Word.
Prophets plural; Paul is speaking about the present time, in his day as well. He isn’t saying multiple prophets will arise just before Jesus comes
Mat 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. However, Jesus is here referring to the time forward, and the endtimes, that many false prophets will arise.
There have been hundreds of false prophets since the time of Jesus, and only one true one, Ellen White.
God never said exactly how many prophets there would be. Also, end days, or last days can have different distinctions.
Act 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
To God, a thousand years is as a day.
Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
The apostles thought they were in the final days, in the real sense they are, and is everyone within man’s 6000 year history. A man lives a short time and dies, the very next thing he knows, he is resurrected. So when the apostles are awakened when Jesus calls them to life, it will seem like they were asleep for a few moments.
God does not want to convey the idea His coming is in thousands of years. If that were the case, Christians would tend to get lazy and remain asleep, then die unconverted.
Rev 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
Notice He says “quickly. Here is some info on Ellen’s part in establishing present truth. Be aware the truth was already there, it had been lost for centuries. I will continue to search for exactly what you ask
Papers and books are the Lord's means of keeping the message for this time continually before the people. In enlightening and confirming souls in the truth, the publications will do a far greater work than can be accomplished by the ministry of the word alone. The silent messengers that are placed in the homes of the people through the work of the canvasser, will strengthen the gospel ministry in every way; for the Holy Spirit will impress minds as they read the books, just as He impresses the minds of those who listen to the preaching of the word. The same ministry of angels attends the books that contain the truth as attends the work of the minister.--Testimonies, vol. 6, pp. 315, 316. {ChS 145.3}
Let not the canvassing work be left to languish. Let the books containing the light on present truth be placed before as many as possible. The presidents of our conferences and others in responsible positions have a duty to do in this matter.--Southern Watchman, April 25, 1905. {ChS 145.4}
I desire with heart and soul to do the work that God has given me as His messenger. I am anxious to give people the evidences of our faith as found in the Scriptures. There are many today who present strange doctrines, giving the Scriptures a wrong meaning. Elder Ballenger thinks that he has new light and is burdened to give it to the people, but the Lord has instructed me that he has misapplied texts of Scripture and given them a wrong application. The Word of God is always the truth, but the doctrines that Elder Ballenger advances, if received, would unsettle our faith in the sanctuary question. Already Elder Ballenger has mystified minds by his large array of texts. These texts are true, but he has placed them where they do not belong. {MR760 15.2}
The light on the sanctuary question was given by the Spirit of God, and we who passed through the disappointment of 1844 can testify to the light that was then given on the sanctuary question. Elder Ballenger needs to rest awhile and cease to sow the tares which will lead our people on a false track. As the messenger of God, I am to bear no hesitating message on this subject. {MR760 15.3}
But such subjects as the sanctuary, in connection with the 2300 days, the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus, are perfectly calculated to explain the past Advent movement and show what our present position is, establish the faith of the doubting, and give certainty to the glorious future. These, I have frequently seen, were the principal subjects on which the messengers should dwell. {EW 63.2}
It is Satan's plan to weaken the faith of God's people in the Testimonies. Next follows skepticism in regard to the vital points of our faith, the pillars of our position, then doubt as to the Holy Scriptures, and then the downward march to perdition. When the Testimonies, which were once believed, are doubted and given up, Satan knows the deceived ones will not stop at this; and he redoubles his efforts till he launches them into open rebellion, which becomes incurable and ends in destruction. {4T 211.1}

2Ch 20:20 ……..Believe in the LORD your God, so shall you be established; believe his prophets, so shall you prosper.
Can one prosper spiritually if he rejects the Lord’s prophet? Ellen White? No.
That person is in theological voodoo land.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2018   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service