Adventist Online

For Adventists in these last days just before the close of probation we need the Spirit of Prophecy, what about those Adventists that reject Ellen White? Will they be included in the remnant? Will they recieve the seal of God or the mark of the beast?

2Ch 20:20 Believe in the LORD your God, so shall you be established; believe his prophets, so shall you prosper.

There will be a hatred kindled against the testimonies which is satanic. The workings of Satan will be to unsettle the faith of the churches in them, for this reason: Satan cannot have so clear a track to bring in his deceptions and bind up souls in his delusions if the warnings and reproofs and counsels of the Spirit of God are heeded.-- Letter 40, 1890. {1SM 48.4}

Where do you stand?

Views: 110

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i have studied my lesson and it was a good one by the way, talking about those who have the spirit of the anit-christ. and for those who believe the bible and the bible alone the bible tells you who has the spirit of the anti-christ 1 John 2:18-23 "Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time. 19They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us. 20But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things. 21I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth. 22Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. 23Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also." 1 john 4:3 "And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world." 2 John 2:7 "For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist."

.I looked up anti-christ in the greek/hebrew the word for it is "antichristos" which means the adversary of the messiah. So who ever denies Jesus or who ever does not confess that Jesus has come in the flesh is not of God. Now back to the word "anti-christ" which means the adversary of Jesus the messiah. Now we know that Jesus was in the beginining, and He is the word and is God John 1. but the bible also says in James 4:4 "Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God." An enemy is the same thing as adversary someone opposing something or someone. So what the bible just said is that anyone who has the spirit of anti-christ is the enemy of Jesus(God). And when we love the wrold and the things that are in the world also and are friends with the world (1 John 2:15). We are enemies/adversaries of Christ by not loving are neighbors as ourselves also and not being kind and loving to our brothers and sisters. Matthew 25:41-45 "Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: 42For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: 43I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. 44Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? 45Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me." You can be a enemy/ adversary of God by your unbelieving lifestyle, by loving the things in the world and by loving the things in the world the love of God is not in us and how can we love our fellow neighbor as ourselves when the love of the father is not in us, as a result of our unbeliveing lifestyles we poccess the spirit of anti-christ someone opposing God. Professing to be a christain and confessing that Jesus has come in the flesh with our mouths is not enough it must be our lifestyle if we truly believe it. And just like John said in his epitle in 1 John 2:19 that "They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us." and who are they those who have the spirit of anti-christ of course. Just like John said here it will happen again because there is nothing new under the sun, they are tares according to Matthew 13:24-30 "24Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field: 25But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way. 26But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also. 27So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares? 28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up? 29But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them. 30Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn." They will leave from among us because they were not of us to begin with in the first place they are of thier father the devil the enemy has down this and God will do some weeding in His garden just keep your eyes steadfast on Him and be ye sober. Some may not believe this and i could show more that this is what the spirit of the anti-christ is. The enemy/ Adversary of God.

I do not always study the "lesson" I may have other studies that I need better. According to you, someone who doesn't study.the lesson is an offshoot? Sometimes I find the authors Ideas do not agree with scripture, so I may also then do away with the "lesson" sometimes I find the authors comments good. but it is always good to go to SS class and dicuss the Scriptures ther are there.
Your spirit is condemning and very judgmental in the wrong way. Where is that sanctification you claim? It does no good to profess sanctification only without meeting the conditions to have it.Sean is not an "offshoot" like you accuse me and him of.
"Judge not, that ye be not judged." Do not think yourself better than other men, and set yourself up as their judge. Since you cannot discern motive, you are incapable of judging another. In criticizing him, you are passing sentence upon yourself; for you show that you are a participant with Satan, the accuser of the brethren. The Lord says, "Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves." This is our work. "If we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged." 2 Corinthians 13:5; 1 Corinthians 11:31. {DA 314.1}

Whoever trusts in himself that he is righteous, will despise others. As the Pharisee judges himself by other men, so he judges other men by himself. His righteousness is estimated by theirs, and the worse they are the more righteous by contrast he appears. His self-righteousness leads to accusing. "Other men" he condemns as transgressors of God's law. Thus he is making manifest the very spirit of Satan, the accuser of the brethren. With this spirit it is impossible for him to enter into communion with God. He goes down to his house destitute of the divine blessing. {COL 151.2}
nice post, but Noah was a prophet, did he not preach fo 120 years the flood was coming as God told him to?
yes and they rejected the word's of God through Noah and im sure they thought he was an "alarmist". the bible says Luke 17:26 "And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man."
just like they rejected Noah many will also reject the testimony of Jesus which is the Spirit of Prophecy.
very true, it shows how few want to get aboard the lifeboat now before its too late.Salvation is free, but many are offended by the idea of Jesus dying for them. And the proud heart will resist the Holy Spirit's pleading to come to Jesus and give Him the burden of sin that destroys us.We must do the works of Him who commissions us while it is still day, the night will come.
I'm glad you have made Jesus your sureity, and have chosen to believe His prophets.
I was being facetious Steven about Noah. Attempting to show the parallels between someone else whom God called to do an important work, how they were received, and the outcome of it all. I was also saying that God has sent us 'truth' through many different channels, the Bible being paramount in all of this. Nonetheless, I think there is a danger of missing God's messages if we are looking for them only in one place. God speaks to us thorough individuals we encounter, life experiences, His created works, answers to our prayers, sometimes dreams and visions, writings of others etc. As to the prophetic gift, there is no doubt in my mind that Ellen White was God-guided. The sheer scope of her writings, their consistency with scripture, their relevance to the church and their amplification of truth all speak eloquently as to her gift. I think our thoughts too can be God-guided and wouldn't that be wonderful ..... to be "conformed to the image of His Son!" Rom 8:29

"That we henceforth be no longer children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine ..... but speaking the truth in love, may grow up into Him in all things, which is the head, even Christ." Ephesians 4: 14,15.
Right shay, I agree, I get God's messages from many places, but they all come from the Holy Spirit. If we are filled with The Spirit, study His word diligently, pray without ceasing, and of couse obey Him then:
2Co 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

(all other versions that I know of say arguements, insted of imaginations,)
You are right Steven, God's messages what ever the source ALWAYS come from the Holy Spirit.
Amen brother! The Bible, the Holy Spirit, and EGW are all in perfect agreement. We can praise the Lord for His wonderful golden chain of truth woven throughout the Word of His Testimony.
2Pe 1:19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto you do well that you take heed, as to a light that shines in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:
As you know, those of us who stand stiffly for truth will encounter attacks from within the church from false brethren who claim Christ. There is simply no way around that truth.
But what we endure for this short probationary lifetime,will seem less than a drop in the bucket of the endless ages of eternity!
There is in the Saviour's words another lesson, a lesson of wonderful forbearance and tender love. As the tares have their roots closely intertwined with those of the good grain, so false brethren in the church may be closely linked with true disciples. The real character of these pretended believers is not fully manifested. Were they to be separated from the church, others might be caused to stumble, who but for this would have remained steadfast. {COL 72.1}
The world has no right to doubt the truth of Christianity
because there are unworthy members in the church, nor should Christians become disheartened because of these false brethren. How was it with the early church? Ananias and Sapphira joined themselves to the disciples. Simon Magus was baptized. Demas, who forsook Paul, had been counted a believer. Judas Iscariot was numbered with the apostles. The Redeemer does not want to lose one soul; His experience with Judas is recorded to show His long patience with perverse human nature; and He bids us bear with it as He has borne. He has said that false brethren will be found in the church till the close of time.
{COL 72.3}

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2018   Created by Clark P.   Powered by