Adventist Online

For Adventists in these last days just before the close of probation we need the Spirit of Prophecy, what about those Adventists that reject Ellen White? Will they be included in the remnant? Will they recieve the seal of God or the mark of the beast?

2Ch 20:20 Believe in the LORD your God, so shall you be established; believe his prophets, so shall you prosper.

There will be a hatred kindled against the testimonies which is satanic. The workings of Satan will be to unsettle the faith of the churches in them, for this reason: Satan cannot have so clear a track to bring in his deceptions and bind up souls in his delusions if the warnings and reproofs and counsels of the Spirit of God are heeded.-- Letter 40, 1890. {1SM 48.4}

Where do you stand?

Views: 555

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Amen Sean, but we never know just who will hear something that will change their life in favor of Jesus Christ, after all that is what it's all about. The lesser light leads to the greater light, The Bible, and the Person who gave His life a ransom for us all!
The testimony of Jesus is the Spirit of Prophecy!
amen
Stephen,
It is interesting to note that none of the prophets would exert such a statement of pride about them selves ... but all in Jehovah ...( Jesus The Rock) read 1 cor 10 But when God God gave them an office/ a duty !! they took it sereeiously !! and knew that there was a woe on them if they did not do or discharge their duty as stated and in just the manner it was expressed the them .... therefor it was not a statement of boast or brag... but Duty.... None would say they were better than their fathers or Bretheren before them and each new that their testimony had to be in line with their former bretheren.. and knew God would judge them if not cause He is jealous for His Glory (Character /Law / Righteousness ) Sister in Vol 2 Selected mesages said she never claimed to be a prophet... ever.... but stated later in the same letter that she was in a speceial way !! more than a Prophet !! A messenger ( Angel) to the Church !!
She had an office which encompassed more than just prophesying.... she would like Moses of old have passed byt the awsome responsibility if God Had not in a special way incouraged her to continue and to share everything He gave her to give and not! to soften down the messages given to her .... People who degrade the office of these faithful people have no Idea of the burden these faithful souls carried and the work that wa before them .... Oh that I would be as faithful as that dear old Sister who now because of the unbelief or many of Her own Bretheren is in the grave ( but not forever Praise God ) No we wouldnt need the all the testimonies that were given if we would have studied the Book as we ahsould have ... but in a time of extremity Grace and great need God did any way because the inteens danger that lurks before us adn the treacherous waters in which we are to tread ..... only a fool and proud would say we need not a more detailed map .... cause we no dought have missed things along the way ..... this iswhat i believe is the meaning behind the lesser light .... so we can understand !! in our own language !! messages of the now Present truth !! which is greatly !! needed for all those with honest hearts searching for that preperation for the new Kingdom which will come ... sooner than we think .... We nee all the help we can get .... Yes the devil wants less light cause he wants it dark so we cannot see at all .!! It's the Present Sealing Truth that the Little Flock needs Now!!
God Bless All in Jesus !! .... Bless and Curse not!! My Brethren.... TLafferty ...:)
I was still adding to and eediting this as it was takn some how and added all I erase after ... besides forgive my poor typing skills pleasee .... Sistr Ellen was referred to as a prophetess
not a prophet ...and was very clear about her mission and duties .... Humble though she was her messages had an impact on the present to the close of time... Amessenger of our time .. we have a great privalege and solumn duty to the greatest message of all time as we are so close to the end .... so the most solumn messages are to be given carying the greatest of import... God Help us ... TL...
"Sistr Ellen was referred to as a prophetess
not a prophet ..."

??? When did this occur? And by whom? Do you have a reference?
prophetess, prophet, it's all the same. No need to major in minors. Of course we don't want to call a male prophet, prophetess, or a profiteer!
yeah a prophetess is just a female prophet, just like a female waiter is a waitress
TLafferty, Thanks for your strong stand upon the Lord' prophet!
I miss stated the fact ... just a reference to gender ...as I was looking up the quotations in the cd rom library I couldnt find the statements and then realized why .... asI found them later and yes I have some quotations ... there are more than most know about the subject .... Here are just a few.. and there are more ...

No Claim to the Title "Prophetess."--During the discourse [at Battle Creek, October 2, 1904], I said that I did not claim to be a prophetess. Some were surprised at this statement, and as much is being said in regard to it, I will make an explanation. Others have called me a prophetess, but I have never assumed that title. I have not felt that it was my duty thus to designate myself. Those who boldly assume that they are prophets in this our day are often a reproach to the cause of Christ. {3SM 74.2}
said that I did not claim to be a prophetess. I have not stood before the people claiming this title, though many called me thus. I have been instructed to say, “I am God's messenger, sent to bear a message of reproof to the erring and of encouragement to the meek and lowly.” With pen and with voice I am to bear the messages given me. The word given me is, “You are faithfully to reprove those who would mar the faith of the people of God. Write out the things which I shall give you, that they may stand as a witness to the truth till the end of time.”—RH, Jan. 26, 1905. {5BIO 356.2}

To claim to be a prophetess is something that I have never done. If others call me by that name, I have no controversy with them. But my work has covered so many lines that I cannot call myself other than a messenger, sent to bear a message from the Lord to His people, and to take up work in any line that He points out.
My work includes much more than this name signifies. I regard myself as a messenger, entrusted by the Lord with messages for His people.--Letter 55, 1905. (In Selected Messages, book 1, pp. 35, 36.) {3SM 74.3}

The Work of a Prophet and More.--I am now instructed that I am not to be hindered in my work by those who engage in suppositions regarding its nature, whose minds are struggling with so many intricate problems connected with the supposed work of a prophet. My commission embraces the work of a prophet, but it does not end there. It embraces much more than the minds of those who have been sowing the seeds of unbelief can comprehend.--Letter 244, 1906. (Addressed to elders of the Battle Creek church; See Selected Messages, book 1, pp. 34-36.) {3SM 74.4}

It is the special business of God's delegated messenger to speak the truth in all its simplicity and purity. If he will learn in Christ's school, he will not depreciate his discourses by irrelevant ideas and by relating anecdotes. He should consider that he is standing between the eternal God and perishing souls. It is the duty of the gospel minister to cultivate a sense of his high and sacred calling, and to give evidence that he appreciates the privileges and opportunities placed within his reach through the example of Christ's meekness and love, and he should consider his sufferings and death, that he may bring these privileges within his reach. He should never become tame and lifeless in his efforts, but should be constantly reaching higher, and seeking to become better fitted through the grace Christ has provided. He should not be satisfied to be merely a commonplace minister, but a polished instrument in the hands of Christ. He should be constantly seeking by his words, by his deportment, and by his piety, to elevate his fellow-men and to glorify God. {RH, February 22, 1887 par. 4}

There you have it some of the words of Our sister in Jesus her self ...
No none of the prophets or apostles were given this status either ,,,, none of them were infallible ...nor did they claim that ... so what is that of an arguement ? Infallibility is what others try to attach to SDA's when the opposition tries to discount the gifts promised in the Book of Joel 2:28.29.... again God Bless ....and have the very best of whats left of th Sabbath .... TLafferty ( Terry)
We also know that Ellen was a humble servant and would never allude to the level for her self ... and we are to discern this by the grace of God ...and what does it mean to say add or take away ...?
Ellen does not in any way take away from the meanings or sayings of any of the scriptures ... there for how can we say she did just cause many words .... what was the spirit of the statement in Rev 22 any way ... Nothing wrong I se in the writings or the questions leveled for any prophet or prophetess .... indeed we need the spirit of prophesy today and I would hesitate to say derogatory things about the gift today if someone else were to arise at this time in his providence ... God Bless ...
I don't know if the wonderful group of studying believers (Ellen and friends) would have come to an understanding of what was going on in their time simply from reading the Bible. Seems that the truth about the heavenly sanctuary needed additional information. As with Daniel, he was told the understanding would be given at a later time which it was. Seems God was filling in the blanks at the right time to help them understand their disappointment. He care mores than we know....

Now her work and writings I see as filling a specific function with regards to understanding current and future events that I haven't seen met as extensively by any other. But I do not think that means that just her and the Bible are the only conduits for truth. While serving a very important function, God is also working through Spirit filled individuals to continue to reveal truth. I have been blessed in many ways by this!
exactly! God wanted a prophet to bring about the Advent movement. He called Hazen Foss and one other man before Ellen. God revealed to EGW just what He wanted us to know for present truth.Notice also it was Joseph Bates to whom God revealed the sabbath truth to, not Ellen White. His purpose may have been to spread out the wealth of truth so that Ellen White would not seem infallable and all-knowing.

Notice also He gave the 1888 message of Christ our Righteousness to Jones and Waggonner, as EGW had already been teaching the correct message for 40 years, and He may have desired the message to come forth from other prominent pastors. Having over 2000 visions and dreams along with other Inspiration, and writing about 50 books, she certainly had more than enough Inspiration.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2018   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service