Adventist Online

For Adventists in these last days just before the close of probation we need the Spirit of Prophecy, what about those Adventists that reject Ellen White? Will they be included in the remnant? Will they recieve the seal of God or the mark of the beast?

2Ch 20:20 Believe in the LORD your God, so shall you be established; believe his prophets, so shall you prosper.

There will be a hatred kindled against the testimonies which is satanic. The workings of Satan will be to unsettle the faith of the churches in them, for this reason: Satan cannot have so clear a track to bring in his deceptions and bind up souls in his delusions if the warnings and reproofs and counsels of the Spirit of God are heeded.-- Letter 40, 1890. {1SM 48.4}

Where do you stand?

Views: 632

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ian, you are so very correct! may the Lord continue to bless you as the Holy Spirit guides in your life! We all must bear witness to the truth. Praise the Lord for EGW!
It is not alone those who openly reject the Testimonies, or who cherish doubt concerning them, that are on dangerous ground. To disregard light is to reject it. {CCh 94.2}

If you lose confidence in the Testimonies you will drift away from Bible truth. I have been fearful that many would take a questioning, doubting position, and in my distress for your souls I would warn you. How many will heed the warning? 121 {CCh 94.3}
What would be wrong with just heeding the counsel of the Bible and the Bible alone. The SOP points us to the Bible so really .... all we need is the Bible. Otherwise .... we become a cult.
Because the SOP is given for our more complete edification. Additional details are also given. Yes the Bible is the stand alone, ultimate authority superceding all other writings. What if I told a brother, Theatrical presentations are not approved by God in the church?

Then he said prove it. So I give him these texts.
1Jn 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
Col 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
Luk 8:14 And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection.

2Ti 3:4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
Then the brother might say, This proves nothing about plays in the church. So then I present this quote:
I have a message for those in charge of our work. Do not encourage the men who are to engage in this work to think that they must proclaim the solemn, sacred message in a theatrical style. Not one jot or tittle of anything theatrical is to be brought into our work. God's cause is to have a sacred, heavenly mold. Let everything connected with the giving of the message for this time bear the divine impress. Let nothing of a theatrical nature be permitted, for this would spoil the sacredness of the work. {19MR 125.1}
This is very clear and agrees with Bible principles. No record is found of Jesus and the apostles putting on theatrics to present truth. So then the brother needs to make a decision about the Spirit of Prophecy. Thousands of examples like this exist.Think about all the theatrics in the church now? They do not follow the counsel given by God.
Good point John. Ellen White clearly held up the Bible as the only rule of faith.It's ironic though, because the SOP is given by the same Holy Spirit, a rejection of Ellen White is also a rejection of the Bible. Absolutely no question.

All of our points of faith and belief should be answered from the Bible first and foremost. We must be able to rightly divide and explain the Word of truth.

Many use the SOP to prove a lopsided position or error. The Bible is also used the same way.

I believe the Spirit of Prophecy used in concert with appropriate Bible texts, letting one text interpret another as the golden chain of truth will reveal to us deeper understandings as we mine for hidden gold.

We must be wise as serpents and harmless as doves as we present the SOP to the public.
amen bro, well said.
I suspect you are right, John. If we were plugged directly to the source of the power we would not need either the Bible or the SoP.

Speaking for myself, I need as much guidance as I can get, so I'll go for anything and everything the Lord sends my way. :-)
HI Jon E ...
I'm kind of confused as to your belief regarding the Holy Ghost and the Spirit of prophesy ... for they refer to the same person ... the holy Ghost and the spirit of Prophesy are not a book or books.... Jesus had the spirit of prophesy ... it /He revealed to Him all He said and what to do ... it / He helped the apostles to decide just what to say and do .... it is what we need to follow today ... it reveals truth in the written word and spoken words through the prophet and the priest / minister who is actuated by it ... where is the difference ... if it is not of the spirit of the livng God it is a Lie .... and it seals us for redemption in these last days ... and so in us is revealed the Glory / character / name of the Livng God in his children .... the divine image ..in man ... His name wrttn in our foreheads .... Elen white is the vessel ... so if the word of our Father is in the mouth of Ellen ...or me or you ..and it is from the Father ...who dare reject it ? ... do we know it when we hear it ? are we obedient to the truth and so we know our Fathre and his son well enough to know ...? . .
First John, this is an Adventist site. No apology is made for using the SOP

"We must be wise as serpents and harmless as doves as we present the SOP to the public."

Did you see this that I said above? John we give all of the Bible texts to show the SOP is given to the end of time. And Prophets.

Eph 4:8 Why he said, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts to men.

Eph 4:9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?
Eph 4:10: He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

Eph 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

Eph 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ:
This is the short answer, I have to break it off and write a complex lab report for science that is due today.

Notice "till we all come to the unity of the faith". And "prophets."

Rev 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Rev 19:10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said to me, See you do it not: I am your fellow servant, and of your brothers that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

Then one reads Ellen White with a Spirit of teach-ability in submission to the Holy Spirit an the rest is uphill!
This also helps prove the remnant church.
No problem with quoting EGW. I like to quote Philip Yancey. No problem there either. But if I started equating Yancey with scripture ... there would be a problem. The same applies to your equating EGW with scripture. I have issue with that. Just as Yancey reflects the light. So does EGW. But neither is THE LIGHT.
It is Satan's plan to weaken the faith of God's people in the Testimonies. Next follows skepticism in regard to the vital points of our faith, the pillars of our position, then doubt as to the Holy Scriptures, and then the downward march to perdition. When the Testimonies, which were once believed, are doubted and given up, Satan knows the deceived ones will not stop at this; and he redoubles his efforts till he launches them into open rebellion, which becomes incurable and ends in destruction. {4T 211.1}
They get a plethera of the Bble in the quotations of the SOP ... don't they ...absolutely ... if I can quote the bible certainly She can ... and does it better that I can ... or did ...?
NIce going .... now since we don't need the Spirit of Prophesy than we need to eliminate all the prophets ? cause they all point to the truth as it is in Jesus ? I don't thinks so ... in my Bible it says in ? Isaiah 8:19 And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead?
8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, [it is] because [there is] no light in them.
Revelation 9:10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See [thou do it] not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.
2Chronicles 20:20 And they rose early in the morning, and went forth into the wilderness of Tekoa: and as they went forth, Jehoshaphat stood and said, Hear me, O Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem; Believe in the LORD your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper.

How do we become cult if we keep this scriptures ?
I find nowhere in the scriptures where ot says not to believe the prophets ... if you do that then the only thing you have left is the commandment ..... you eliminate any prophet that is true and you must eliminate all the rest as who needs a prophet just the bible ... well ... the vast majority of the Bible is the testimony of prophets .... which do we believe and if this one is true than do we dare not to believe them ... Who gave you the authority ot say who is acceptible as a prophet any way .? It is the devine credentials that gives a prophet their office and they must bear these credentials ..... the they rejected them in their time ... so do we in our time ... Lord help us ... I believe that we are not a cult by believing God's servants the prophets no matter what time of the earths history they were sent .... they are to be in harmony for the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets. " 1Cor 14:32 we would inded erase 99% of the Bible if we go and say we need not the prophets for salvation .... where would we be today if we had no testimony? .
ours or any one elses ... are we a cult as well if we share our own testimony of Jesus ?
Please answer my questions cause you leave me no where to go ... if no prophets are needed than who would know God unless we have a personal experience ...and by the way we need that too ... but who is God now ? by what word do we know him ? yours ?
Thanks ... TL

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by