Adventist Online

For Adventists in these last days just before the close of probation we need the Spirit of Prophecy, what about those Adventists that reject Ellen White? Will they be included in the remnant? Will they recieve the seal of God or the mark of the beast?

2Ch 20:20 Believe in the LORD your God, so shall you be established; believe his prophets, so shall you prosper.

There will be a hatred kindled against the testimonies which is satanic. The workings of Satan will be to unsettle the faith of the churches in them, for this reason: Satan cannot have so clear a track to bring in his deceptions and bind up souls in his delusions if the warnings and reproofs and counsels of the Spirit of God are heeded.-- Letter 40, 1890. {1SM 48.4}

Where do you stand?

Views: 610

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

charlie you are half way correct. The bible have all you need for you to secure salvation, yes. However, it is through God's messengers that we get to know abuot this salvation. It is thruogh O.T prophets that we learn of the coming of our saviour because God used them to tell so. Had we not trusted the messages of these prophets it wuold be difficult to accept that Jesus is the saviuor. But since we believed in their taechings then we believe in the one they proclaimed. So in this case God used sis White to give us counsell, priciples that will guide us during this last moment. If we do not turst her it will be difficult to trust her teachings therefore we are going to fall apart as a church since we will be rejecting God and the Holyspirit that worked with her indirectly.
Kitur

Thanks for your comment and again you are adding more fuel to my flame because the truth of what or who EGW is to the church is not (IN MY VIEWS) being truthfully declared. The church has for years being dealing with folks the way politicians deal with the public. We speak with fork tongue, we make statements that can be argued by the left and also the right. So let me just take you to task with your post.

The OT prophets told us about the 1st coming Messiah and we accepted this as the word of God the bible. The New T writers told us on the life of the Messiah her on Earth and all his life works and we accepted as the word of God the bible. EGW under the same influence as both OT and New T writers is preparing us for the 2nd Coming of the Messiah.

How then are her writings not on par with or equal with bible? How can you imply that rejecting the writings of EGW is equalled to rejecting God and the Holy Spirit but yet fail to admit that her writings are equalled to the bible. We say it's not o par or equalled to the bible but we don't really believe it.

Please notice

The Bible 2 Tim 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correctionn, for instruction in righteousness

Are the writings of EGW profitable for Docrine by the SDA Church?
Are the writings of EGW profitable for Reproof by the SDA Church?
Are the writings of EGW profitable for Correction by the SDA Church?
Are the writings of EGW profitable for Instruction in Righteousness by the SDA church?

I would like to believe that they are, but I stand to be corrected. So if the the writings of EGW has the same authority as the bible, how can we say that it's not on the same level or equalled to the bible.

The Church FB18
18. The Gift of Prophecy:
One of the gifts of the Holy Spirit is prophecy. This gift is an identifying mark of the remnant church and was manifested in the ministry of Ellen. G. White . As the Lord's messenger, her writings are a continuing and authoritative source of truth which provide for the church comfort, guidance, instruction, and correction. They also make clear that the Bible is the standard by which all teaching and experience must be tested.
her writings are not doctrine, the rest of the statement is true. Did not prophets reprove and correct the people? It is also for instruction in righteousness
Stephen how can you say that EGW writings are not doctrine? And let us be honest, the 27 or 28 or is it 29 FB of the SDA are not our only doctrines. There are other teachings and doctrines that we have not place in FB's but they are doctrine by virtue that they are endorsed by EGW.

Meat eating is not a doctrine as far as the SDA FB goes, but EGW strongly suggest that we should not eat meat and a fraction of SDA's actually teach that no meat eater will be translated. (be alive at the coming of Jesus).

You also asked "did not the prophets reproove and correct the people. My answer is YES. However there writings had the authority of becoming the bible, so if EGW had the same authority, though she could not be included in the bible as the canon was closed, surely she should be regarded as equal or on par with the Bible.

If she was alive in the days of the apostles would her writings be canonized? Would DOA or P&K or GC be part of the bible had she lived in the days of Paul?
Hello I'm a new member to this forum. God is not a God of confusion. I guess you all know that. To reply to your statements. Lets just address the fact about meat eating, the Isrealites were very dissatified with the very rich healthy nutritional manna God was supplying for them ( no blood in it nothing that will decay quickly in your system and violate all health laws).
Guess you know the story: Numbers 11
4And the mix multitude that was among them fell a lusting: and the children of Israel also wept again, and said, Who shall give us flesh to eat? Discontent + greed = sin

5We remember the fish, which we did eat in Egypt freely; .......
6But now our soul is dried away: there is nothing at all, beside this manna, before our eyes....

22Shall the flocks and the herds be slain for them, to suffice them? or shall all the fish of the sea be gathered together for them, to suffice them?

18And say thou unto the people, Sanctify yourselves against to morrow, and ye shall eat flesh: for ye have wept in the ears of the LORD, saying, Who shall give us flesh to eat? for it was well with us in Egypt: therefore the LORD will give you flesh, and ye shall eat.

19Ye shall not eat one day, nor two days, nor five days, neither ten days, nor twenty days;

20But even a whole month, until it come out at your nostrils, and it be loathsome unto you: because that ye have despised the LORD which is among you, and have wept before him, saying, Why came we forth out of Egypt? We are modern day Isreal
Speaking from a healthful living point of view, the best food on earth given to man by God is the diet from the garden of eden. Studies shows today, meat is very tainted with bacteria, mercury...., can cause so many medical problems as cancer intestinal disorders just to mention a few.
Ellen White once ate meat too, but she understood what it did to the body, it brought out the carnal part of you. Anyone who is not willing to give up something that by knowledge is defying the temple is not denying self or has no self control.
EGW counsels about self control and the carnal man . Testimonies to the church Vol:4 (doctrines-instructions,corrections) Thus he/she will not have that genuine love relationship that God so truely desires of us.

Romans 12 1-2 1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.
2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

If giving up habits that will affect your relationship with God is a concern then you have idol/idols in your life.

EX:20
4Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

5Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

6And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
This is the simple truth not rocket science. Thus my point isnt her her writing helpful in understanding the things you so rightfully listed:

Are the writings of EGW profitable for Docrine by the SDA Church?
Are the writings of EGW profitable for Reproof by the SDA Church?
Are the writings of EGW profitable for Correction by the SDA Church?
Are the writings of EGW profitable for Instruction in Righteousness by the SDA church?
Hi. Welcome to the forum. Glad you are here.

I am curious as to what you are referring to when you say "meat". It was obviously something different to Ellen White compared to what many refer to it here and now. What are you referring to when you say 'meat'?

This is an important basis for a discussion on the topic.
well said, please hang around for a while!
My Brother Charlie.... Sister White is not said to be the Spirit of prophesy but is said to have the gift of such... our futy is to decide for our selves whether the words are true .... again rejecting her is not rejecting God unless she is speaking the words of life ...truth ... the words from the Father / the spirit ... He is a person ...not a thing ... but is going to speak nothing contrary to His written word ..they are spirit and life .. with out faith no man can please HIm ... (God) TL . .
The Bible is full of men and women prophets. If you want a prophets reward you dont reject them. Who is to say that one prophet is more important or has a better message. If they are a prophet then they have a message from God. Which makes them all equal. New prophets Old Prophets. They pretty much all have the same message from God. Wake up and get ready, change is coming.
amen brother! well said. We need more dedenders of the Adventist faith that do not tear down the Lord's prophet, EGW, or any of the BIble prophets either. True soldiers of the cross know that Jesus is central to everything.
2Ch 20:20 Believe in the LORD your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper.
Quite obviously those who do not believe in His prophets, will not prosper.
Josh if all the prophets are equal, if EGW is equal to Paul and Moses, why are her writings not equal to that of the bible. That has been a bone of contention with me for years. Either her writings are equal with the bible or they are not. I cant get my head around how SDA's says her writings are authoritative for doctrine correction and reproof and on the other hand say it's not on par with the bible.

And correct me if I am wrong but all the writings of EGW put together is certainly more than the bible in terms of the amount of words etc. So why don't we just come out and say EGW writings is equal to or on par wit the bible.

The thing is we don't say it but we believe it, we will never say it out loud but we do so. As a SDA we have to accept the bible as a rule of our faith to be baptised but we also have to accept the writings of EGW to be baptised into the SDA church. Surely we are being economical with the truth
Charlie, EGW is not equal to the Bible, she herself said that. The Bible is supreme. The same Holy Spirit that inspired Isaiah, also inspired her. Isaiah was given scripture, she was not. So in that sense, she is subject to what Isaiah was given as well as the other canonized prophets. Even the more minor prophets,like Hosea, etc, are above her in the sense of scripture is above all other writings. Will I get more light by reading EGW than just reading Hosea alone? Obviously yes. The sheer amount of scripture in her writings is quite significant as well as other inspiration
Does any of her word's aside from Bible quotes supercede Hosea? No.

Mat 11:11 Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

Notice what Jesus said about John the Baptist and he did not give any Scripture.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service