Adventist Online

For Adventists in these last days just before the close of probation we need the Spirit of Prophecy, what about those Adventists that reject Ellen White? Will they be included in the remnant? Will they recieve the seal of God or the mark of the beast?

2Ch 20:20 Believe in the LORD your God, so shall you be established; believe his prophets, so shall you prosper.

There will be a hatred kindled against the testimonies which is satanic. The workings of Satan will be to unsettle the faith of the churches in them, for this reason: Satan cannot have so clear a track to bring in his deceptions and bind up souls in his delusions if the warnings and reproofs and counsels of the Spirit of God are heeded.-- Letter 40, 1890. {1SM 48.4}

Where do you stand?

Views: 604

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There's NO prophet that I accept every word they ever spoke. I only accept the messages given to the prophet from God. Do you believe every word that a donkey speaks?
Only if an angel gives him voice! :)
Exactly. The same applies to any prophet.
The only donkey I know that ever spake was tellng the truth ...then agani that doesn't mean that Satan can't copy that .... for He did lie through the serpent ... and well donkies are animals too ....I hope that would never happen to me ...But then unto the law and the testimony ....Is 8:19,20..GBU
I'm not an Adventist and I don't know much about Ellen G. White, but if I may share a Scripture, humbly:
Rev 19:10 Then I fell down at his feet to worship him, but he said to me, "You must not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers who hold to the testimony of Jesus. Worship God." For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

Or in other words, those who hold to the testimony of Jesus have the spirit of prophecy.

So I don't know if this has anything to do with a leader and, as I said, don't know much about her, but I'm sure anything God told her, that is true and can be validated from Scripture, will also be told to those who truly TRUST Jesus.

That's what Ephesians 2:8-10 is all about. Trust. If we hold to Him, truly TRUST Him (the Greek "pistis" means to trust, just like Abraham trusted God to obtain offspring through Isaac), then it is my belief that God will write His laws on our heart, just as He promised in Jeremiah 31:31-33.

In saying this, I don't think I invalidate Scripture.
Welcome Derek. What you have said is beautiful and is what most Seventh day Adventists believe. I have been one all my life and I could not have said it better. Ellen White did not want all the attention on her. She said her purpose was to point us to the Bible and the Bible alone.
thats right the Bible alone is our doctrine. But we should make wide use also of her writings, most of the time, it is the Bible. When one reads Steps to Christ or other books, we get an intense, in-depth, Bible study on salvation
Stephen you are not being truthful when you say that the bible alone is our doctrine. That always confuses me, on the one hand we say that the bible is our only standard and rule of faith. Then in the next breath you say that if I reject EGW I reject the bible.

I have no prblem accepting EGW as commentary on certain aspect of the bible, but she is not the spirit of prophecy and my soul salvation is not dependent on whether or not I acept that she is a modern day prophet or not. The bible have all I need to secure my salvation for it is a lamp and a light unto my path. The the Holy Spirit is the spirit of prophecy who teaches and reveals all I need to know about the living risen savior.

By all means read the writings on EGW but don't place her writings where they do not belong. And in closing anyone who reads the book of John get an even deeper intense bible study on the plan of salvation.
Charlie, you accuse me of an untruth, an untruth is a lie! A lie is breaking the Ten Commandments.

Exo 20:16 You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

Since you accuse me of sin, you should prove that. So find me a guideline that adds to the law and the testimony from EGW.

We must study to find out the best way in which to take up the review of our experiences from the beginning of our work, when we separated from the churches, and went forward step by step in the light that God gave us. We then took the position that the Bible, and the Bible only, was to be our guide; and we are never to depart from this position. We were given wonderful manifestations of the power of God. Miracles were wrought. Again and again, when we were brought into strait places, the power of God was displayed in our behalf.--Letter 105, 1903. {CW 145.3}

To all the testing time will come. By the sifting of temptation the genuine Christian will be revealed. Are the people of God now so firmly established upon His word that they would not yield to the evidence of their senses? Would they, in such a crisis, cling to the Bible and the Bible only? Satan will, if possible, prevent them from obtaining a preparation to stand in that day. He will so arrange affairs as to hedge up their way, entangle them with earthly treasures, cause them to carry a heavy, wearisome burden, that their hearts may be overcharged with the cares of this life and the day of trial may come upon them as a thief. {DD 42.3}

The Bible, and the Bible only, gives a correct view of these things. Here are revealed the great final scenes in the history of our world, events that already are casting their shadows before, the sound of their approach causing the earth to tremble and men's hearts to fail them for fear. {Ed 180.1}

"Behold, the Lord maketh the earth empty, and maketh it waste, and turneth it upside down, and scattereth abroad the inhabitants thereof. . . . They have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant. Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate. . . . The mirth of tabrets ceaseth, the noise of them that rejoice endeth, the joy of the harp ceaseth." Isaiah 24:1-18. {Ed 180.2}

Are the people of God Are the people of God now so firmly established upon His Word that they would not yield to the evidence of their senses? Would they, in such a crisis, cling to the Bible, and the Bible only?
{FLB 346.5} now so firmly established upon His Word that they would not yield to the evidence of their senses? Would they, in such a crisis, cling to the Bible, and the Bible only?
{FLB 346.5}
Are the people of God now so firmly established upon His Word that they would not yield to the evidence of their senses? Would they, in such a crisis, cling to the Bible, and the Bible only?
{FLB 346.5}

It is not alone those who openly reject the Testimonies, or who cherish doubt concerning them, that are on dangerous ground. To disregard light is to reject it. {CCh 94.2}

If you lose confidence in the Testimonies you will drift away from Bible truth. I have been fearful that many would take a questioning, doubting position, and in my distress for your souls I would warn you. How many will heed the warning? 121 {CCh 94.3}

"While at ----, the Lord came to me in the night season and spoke precious words of encouragement concerning my work, repeating the same message that had been given me several times before. With regard to those who have turned from the light sent them, He said: 'In slighting and rejecting the testimony that I have given you to bear, it is not you, but Me, your Lord, that they have slighted.'" {5T 688.2}
CASE CLOSE.
And I would like to add " as you have done it unto the least of these my bretheren ..... Ye have done it unto me" Sayeth the Lord .... Thus sayeth the Lord .... stand ye in the ways and see ...and ask for the old path , and walk therein ...and ye shall find rest !! unto your souls ....

What ever happened to the consept of treating each other with the same principle of do unto others as you would have them do unto you ...or visa versa ? If Jphn saw Him self as so high and held so high a designation ....and Moses, and so on .....(" Would that ye all were even as I ") then what was John doing on the floor at the feet of that angel? .... who gives the designation of Messenger ? or even Prophet ? You? Me? what are the tests in the scriptures for such? So why do we argue these things so ? we know all prophets are subject to the prophets ...right ? do we understand Joel 2: 28 and 29? yea the whole chapter .... what is this thing where we set up our selves as judges over each otherYea the scriptures or The spiit of Prophesy ? .... and finally what is the ultimate of importance in the last days ? Is it not the truth ? Peter and all the rest of the Desciples were all witnesses of the events of the first advent of our Lord Right ? personal Eye witnesses ..... but what makes them any greater that any other ? indeed if any seeks to be great in the kingdom let him be your Minister (servant ) Hi Brent,.... If we meet the criterion of the designation, and the word ... then we need to take heed !! ...regarding the light that shineth in a dark place .... In deed if God gives me a message for you in this day , and it is from the Lord ... then it matters not if my name is Ellen ...Paul .... James .... or Gertrude ... You must take heed cause God will identify with this in the same way .... remenber God is not the author of confusion ...and all presenet truth must line up with the older Truths .... Present truth is what the flock needs now ... in this sealing time !! .. The spirit of Prophesy will not be discerned by those who have not the spirit of the father dwelling in their hearts any way .... Multitudes Multitudes in the Valley of decision .!! ... God Help us ....!! TLafferty....
EGW adds no doctrine! if you would read her books you may figure that out. I think you may be suffering from misapprehension about the prophet

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service